Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 5 of 8
Re: Where are you from?
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 28, 2012 00:09

Great to have you on the board JamesPhelge00 WELCOME!!

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: October 28, 2012 00:28

JamesPhelge00
stonesnow
JamesPhelge00
Hi All.

I'm from a long time ago, but will now hang here for a while ))

James Phelge

Not the James Phelge? If you are, I would just like to take the opportunity to say that Nankering With The Rolling Stones is my favorite Stones bio, and one of my favorite rock bios of all time! Always fresh to re-read, and I've read it several times in the last 10 years, it's a book one can really live within. I shall be purchasing your book Phelge's Stones from the Stones News website soon, once I get a PayPal account. If you're not that James Phelge, then please disregard this message, but welcome anyway!

Hi Stonesnow. Yes, I'm the author of the mentiomed book. Phelge's Stones is the original UK version of Nankering. Only some words have been changed like - lift for elevator etc, it is not a different version of Stones life in the early Edith Grove days.

Thanks for your welcome to the forum. My new website is www.jamesphelge.com

Wow! Yes, I've been to your website several times, actually. I posted the link in a thread from earlier this month on the 50th anniversary of Love Me Do. I copied an excerpt from Nankering detailing the Stones' reaction to first hearing Love Me Do in the front room of Edith Grove on Saturday Club [a third of the way down on page 1 of the thread]. Then another poster remembered you from the Undercover site from the 90s and wondered what you were up to, so I posted the link to your site [on page 2 of the thread]. This is the link to that thread:

www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,1680007

I'm thrilled and honored to be in contact with you! I find your book Nankering inspiring, and will soon be giving it another re-reading--very well written, funny, poignant, and meticulously detailed enough to actually place the reader there in the room with the real people. It's the only true Stones biography and it's a story I can never get enough of!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-28 02:53 by stonesnow.

Posted by: justamomentita ()
Date: October 28, 2012 01:25

charlystone
al fin uno mas o menos cerca... yo de villa gesell argentina, cerca de mar del plata

Muy bonita, y más pequeña que mar del plata.

Posted by: basti ()
Date: October 28, 2012 01:29

wesel germany

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 28, 2012 07:16

vancouver

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: October 28, 2012 10:00

JamesPhelge00
Hi All.

James Phelge

Welcome to IORR, James!

Date: October 28, 2012 10:31

oh, you're from Texas!!!???

Posted by: JamesPhelge00 ()
Date: October 28, 2012 17:03

stonesnow

I'm thrilled and honored to be in contact with you! I find your book Nankering inspiring, and will soon be giving it another re-reading--very well written, funny, poignant, and meticulously detailed enough to actually place the reader there in the room with the real people. It's the only true Stones biography and it's a story I can never get enough of!

Thanks for the link to the other thread.'Love Me Do' is one half of the Beatles records that I like. Nankering only has less pages beuase the shonky publishers make cuts on production. Smaller type means less pages which in turns means less shipping weight.

Posted by: JamesPhelge00 ()
Date: October 28, 2012 17:06

Bliss
JamesPhelge00
Hi All.

James Phelge

Welcome to IORR, James!

Thanks Bliss. -))

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: October 28, 2012 17:46

JamesPhelge00
Hi All.

James Phelge

very cool, understated introduction from a man who knows.

thanks for hanging here James! I too read and loved your 1st book and will be getting the 2nd.

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: October 28, 2012 17:48

Vicente Lopez, Buenos Aires!!!

--------------------------------------------

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

--------------------------------------------

Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: October 28, 2012 18:49

for johnstone which is on the outskirts of glasgow.

stay in clydebank which is on the outskirts of glasgow.

other side of the airport from each other.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 28, 2012 19:09

New film out this week called "Chasing Mavericks". Shows better pictures of my front yard than I have ever been able to produce.

Welcome back James Plelge00, how about an early Stones story while your here? peace

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: October 28, 2012 19:18

NL, I just read that one of the actors in Chasing Mavericks was nearly killed in the surf whilst filming. Is that your surf spot?

Posted by: three16 ()
Date: October 28, 2012 19:37

Here is as good of a thread as any for my first iorr post.

I'm from the south of Fort Wayne. A northeren city in Indiana/USA

below is a link to my website where I post music I've written and recorded.
Feel free to browse around. Leave a tip if you like. Free Music!!!

click and have a listen here

Posted by: JJackFl ()
Date: October 28, 2012 19:42

Date: October 28, 2012 19:46

three16
Here is as good of a thread as any for my first iorr post.

I'm from the south of Fort Wayne. A northeren city in Indiana/USA

below is a link to my website where I post music I've written and recorded.
Feel free to browse around. Leave a tip if you like. Free Music!!!

click and have a listen here

Great to have you on the board three16.... WELCOME!! smileys with beer

Posted by: benstones ()
Date: October 28, 2012 19:49

Hello everyone,

I'm Benjamin (fan_des_stones on the french forum), I'm 23 years old and I'm from France (but I actually live in Mexico). I saw the Stones 8 times and will see them two other times in Newark the 13 and 15 of December inside the tongue.

I want to say thank you to IORR for all the informations you give. I read you since I'm 15. I remember during the BB Tour when I refreshed the pages every seconds to see the setlists in live! smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-28 19:51 by benstones.

Date: October 28, 2012 19:52

benstones
Hello everyone,

I'm Benjamin (fan_des_stones on the french forum), I'm 23 years old and I'm from France (but I actually live in Mexico). I saw the Stones 8 times and will see them two times in Newark the 13 and 15 of December inside the tongue.

I want to say thank you to IORR for all the informations you give. I read you since I'm 15 years old. I remember during the BB Tour when I refreshed the pages every seconds to see the setlists in live! smiling smiley

Welcome (back) to the breakfast show benstones smileys with beer

Posted by: justamomentita ()
Date: October 28, 2012 20:18

21stcenturystones

oh, you're from Texas!!!???

Noooo.....but have been there...Austin was fun.

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: October 28, 2012 20:19

Originally from Toronto but like a lot of others here, I've lived around. smoking smiley

Welcome to the board guys!

Posted by: midimannz ()
Date: October 28, 2012 20:25

New Zealand, bottom of the world - or the top, depending which way up it really is from space winking smiley

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 28, 2012 21:11

Bliss
NL, I just read that one of the actors in Chasing Mavericks was nearly killed in the surf whilst filming. Is that your surf spot?

Yeah Bliss one of many actually. The actor was Gerard Butler and I was there that day. He was no surfer but braved the waves that day after being driven out to the break on a jet ski. One of my friends was ponying him around with a surfboard for the filming and he got away and went over the falls on a pretty sizeable wave. He obviously survived but was shaken up a bit. He was pretty cool about the whole affair actually but I didn't see him out there for anymore filming. Amazing and kind of crazy he was in the zone at all with his lack of experience.

Another time they were filming at night at Steamer Lane in Santa Cruz, plenty of moonlight and lots of jet skis and fancy cameras in the water. Someone spotted a 12+ foot Great White shark nearby and you should have seen how quickly the water was cleared. The shark was likely drawn in by the electric fields given off by the cameras. peace

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: October 28, 2012 23:17

JamesPhelge00
stonesnow

Thanks for the link to the other thread.'Love Me Do' is one half of the Beatles records that I like. Nankering only has less pages beuase the shonky publishers make cuts on production. Smaller type means less pages which in turns means less shipping weight.

Thank you for clarifying my question about the page discrepancy between the 2 versions--I had actually edited that question out of my original post, as you might have viewed it as redundant having mentioned the only difference in the UK version being Britishisms.

I noticed on your website your mention of the LARS message board. I was a regular poster there in 2007 and 2008. My username on LARS was actually a spin on your name--I was James Phelche. A couple of posters there would even ask me on occasion if I were actually the James Phelge. I had to reply that no, actually, I was not. I even initially registered on IORR as James Phelche, but then changed it instead to stonesnow, after one of my favorite early Stones albums. And with a track like Little Red Rooster on it, how could it not be a favorite?

Sadly, LARS is no more. If you were following LARS posts, you may recognize a couple of former LARS posters here on IORR. Doxa is a regular poster, and LARS co-moderator Mock Jogger posts here occasionally. You may be interested in his recent thread, Brian Jones and the Stones' Office, to which I've been contributing as well. It's on page 2 of IORR, but here's the link anyway:

www.iorr.org/talk/read.php?1,1655238,page=1

Posted by: llargueras ()
Date: October 28, 2012 23:38

Barcelona, Catalonia, new state of Europe.....I hope so

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: October 29, 2012 00:33

treaclefingers
vancouver

Washington or BC

Posted by: rubytues ()
Date: October 29, 2012 00:57

Jersey - Channel Islands. Paris bound on Wednesday, keeping my fingers crossed for Olympia.

Posted by: aralla ()
Date: October 29, 2012 04:52

treaclefingers
aralla
Montevideo, Uruguay... nobody? hehe

spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Top ten videos of all time.

Top ten in what?!
Please explain to me...

Saludos a los hermanos del otro lado del Río.
Alejandro

Posted by: buffalo 81 ()
Date: October 29, 2012 05:55

Buenos Aires, Argentina.

Posted by: keithglimmer ()
Date: October 29, 2012 10:20

Standin' on the corner
of 12'th st & vine
with my Kansas City baby
& a bottle of Kansas City wine

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 5 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1565
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home