Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546Next
Current Page: 43 of 46
Re: The official "TICKET DROP" thread
Posted by: montreal1 ()
Date: December 3, 2012 03:20

I have one extra seat for dec.13 selling at face value.It's either 133 row 5 at $450 or section 4 row 16 at $750. I bought 2 differents price location because one of my friend from Montreal asked me to buy him a least expensive seat. The first I sell, next I will be seating in the next one.

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: December 3, 2012 03:29

angee
latebloomer

Little Queenie, you don't know me, but I am glad to see you'll be at whatever IORR gatherings there are before/after the concert, I don't want to be the only girl. Sorta silly, I know, especially since I am certainly not a teenager anymore, but still, we girls have to stick together. winking smiley

What am I a boy? cool smiley (Check your email, lb...)

Just answered you angee...so glad to meet another stones fan girl. smiling smiley

Posted by: Chaz50 ()
Date: December 3, 2012 10:45

lmatth8461
OK, so after all the build-up, I finally made it in.
I arrived at the O2 around 5pm with £200 cash set aside, and the intention that I would spend no more if I could possibly help it. Scoped out the official ticket office, and then headed over to Seatwave to find out what the deal was. They told me the leftovers would go on sale at 7:45...cutting it fine! I suspected that was my best option, although I also wanted to see if anyone had any genuine spares closer to the time.
Headed down to the Pilot Inn where I spent a very pleasant hour with Sweet Virginia and her friend (sorry mate, didn't catch your board name), then back to the venue around 7pm to see what fate would bring me. Nobody obviously selling spares, although there were a couple of touts around. I was offered a £106 ticket for £150. 'Are you going in?' I asked. No came the reply. Forget it. Touts were my absolute last option anyway, but I heard there were some fakes going around on Sunday, so I nixed that idea. If someone had a spare to shift, and was actually going in with me, that's a different matter.

The box office was pretty crowded, and I doubted I could get anything at my price range anyway, so headed back to Seatwave at the appropriate time.There was quite a scrum, and the priority was given to people collecting, of course, so time dragged on and on. One guy in particular spent ages trying to sort out his purchase, and his credit card kept getting rejected. 8pm came and went...some people actually buying on their smartphones while in the office, so they could collect quicker. I suspect this was expensive - the prices were dropping minute by minute after official showtime...but not being updated on the site - not enough time. Three came up for cash sale, but they wouldn't split them - I was only after one. By this time I was right up against the desk. Then a pair was announced for £209 each. A guy next to me inquired, but he was only after a single, and as soon as he was told they wouldn't split, I immediately asked if he wanted to go in with me. The deal was done, and then the lady asked for £270! The price had literally dropped in a minute. Bear in mind this was probably 8:15 by now. He paid with his card, and we did a mad dash to the venue. We passed by manofwealthandtaste on the way in, who was less fortunate than us, I think; bad luck mate, must have been a real pisser to get so close.
Only once we were on the escalator did I have the chance to evaluate our purchase - row F, block 418. I paid him £140 (neither of us had any fivers), which meant that I got in for £60 less than I had bargained for. After the gig, I checked the face value - £326, which meant I got a 57% discount! Arriving to the sound of the samba drums - great, the band haven't taken the stage yet! - we took our seats about two minutes before they went on. Real seat of your pants stuff!

There were three factors involved in this outcome:
1. Nerves of steel - no doubt I would have been very disappointed if I couldn't get in, but I was certainly prepared to walk away empty handed if that's the way the cards fell. Worth pointed out that I'm fairly local - I live in Lewisham, so the O2 is literally a bus ride away for me - it's not like I had to travel a great distance to take this chance.

2. The original ticket prices - let alone what the secondary market was charging - certainly left a bad taste in my mouth. There was a certain amount of taking a principled stand, not unlike Gazza in this respect. Think about it: in 2007 - pre-recession, mind - I paid £1500 in total, including charges. That got me, my wife, and her sister in to all three nights. Opening night: Third row, middle night: second row from the b-stage, final night, seventh row. I paid £150 per ticket then, and last night I paid £140 to be way up in the gods. This may be the 'new normal'...but not for me.

3. Overwhelmingly the most important factor was that I just couldn't afford anything except the £106 tickets, which were gone in a heartbeat. My firm is laying off a lot of people, and it's quite possible I could be made redundant before the year is out. It's arguable that I shouldn't even be thinking about going to gigs right now - but I'll cross that bridge if or when I come to it.

Many thanks to all the posters on this thread - while luck certainly played its part, the information here certainly shaped the course of action I took.
Many thanks obviously to my 'partner in crime' who I doubled up with the score the ticket - much appreciated,if you get to read this! I didn't even catch your name, but you did mention IORR, so you are probably a member.
...and finally thanks to whoever had to sell his pair of £326 tickets for £270. Win some, lose some, eh?

Review to follow, posted on the appropriate thread.

Lee

Posted by: SILBE64 ()
Date: December 3, 2012 11:35

Ticketmaster.com show tix for the 13th, Section 10 (Keithside) Row 18 at the moment, (wish I could get those for us but have to work that day, no way to fly in from London) - maybe someone here would like to try for those ...

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: December 3, 2012 12:15

SILBE64
Ticketmaster.com show tix for the 13th, Section 10 (Keithside) Row 18 at the moment, (wish I could get those for us but have to work that day, no way to fly in from London) - maybe someone here would like to try for those ...

Exactly what I bought off Ticketmaster 48 hours ago; and I wouldn't be surprised if they're going to be dropping more good seats in that block too. "Stay tuned" people ........... if you're still ticketless that is.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: December 3, 2012 13:22

Too bad I can't come up with a good excuse to fly to NYC next week ;-) I can't believe how "little" they're asking for the pit tix too compared to London.

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: December 3, 2012 13:26

little queenie
paulywaul, drbryant, angee, beast, kahoosier, i will be in section 16 both nights at newark...hope to see you at the shows or afterward?!

i'm tempted to buy some obstructed view for brooklyn but the $500 level are just a bit too obstructed at this venue

Sorry you didn't make it over here, LQ - we missed you and I'm sorry to be missing you again over there. I'm heading to Dubai on Saturday for a couple of weeks work, which is VERY BAD TIMING. GRRR... angry smiley Have a blast and look forward to seeing you somewhere in 2013!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: December 3, 2012 13:30

paulywaul
Pit tickets ?? Now that's a different story. I'd be amazed if TM started dropping those. I may well just succumb to temptation though and get one off STUBHUB or something like that for the Brooklyn show, if they come down to a little less than USD$ 1000 .... I probably will. Haven't done the pit yet, gotta try it. I'm in block 10 for both Prudential shows, so Brooklyn's THE ONE I guess !! We'll see !!

Congrats on those tickets, paulywaul, and make sure you DO succumb to that temptation! I can't recommend the pit highly enough.

Date: December 3, 2012 13:45

Beast
paulywaul
Pit tickets ?? Now that's a different story. I'd be amazed if TM started dropping those. I may well just succumb to temptation though and get one off STUBHUB or something like that for the Brooklyn show, if they come down to a little less than USD$ 1000 .... I probably will. Haven't done the pit yet, gotta try it. I'm in block 10 for both Prudential shows, so Brooklyn's THE ONE I guess !! We'll see !!

Congrats on those tickets, paulywaul, and make sure you DO succumb to that temptation! I can't recommend the pit highly enough.

Just got a Christmas/New Year stand-in gig in sunny Tanzania, so yeah sweet THANG - the Brooklyn pit here I come ............... cartwheel heaven ......... hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley

Posted by: kupco ()
Date: December 3, 2012 22:12

[

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-03 22:13 by kupco.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 3, 2012 22:28

gotdablouse
Too bad I can't come up with a good excuse to fly to NYC next week ;-) I can't believe how "little" they're asking for the pit tix too compared to London.

Really? Are you talking VIP PIT or regular PIT? I think the PIt packages were more costly, and with no dinner.

I am looking for a PIT that is or will go down to less than 1000 too, for the 15th show, not going to Brooklyn...
Here's to both of us getting those, Paulywaul.

~"Love is Strong"~

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: December 3, 2012 23:33

I really want to find 2 decent seats for Dec 8...is Ticketmaster just letting some seats go at random?? What are your thoughts on these greedy broker bastards dropping prices and when?

Date: December 4, 2012 00:38

mickschix
I really want to find 2 decent seats for Dec 8...is Ticketmaster just letting some seats go at random?? What are your thoughts on these greedy broker bastards dropping prices and when?

I can't judge the U.S. market, or at least not as well as I can the U.K. one. But I think it is highly likely that TM will be dropping decent seats in the next few days, following their customary habit of filling up the venue "from the top and from the back" ......... in other words selling the crap first and the best stuff last. Just keep searching (repeatedly), the tickets you want will turn up eventually I'd think.

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: December 4, 2012 01:24

paulywaul
mickschix

I can't judge the U.S. market, or at least not as well as I can the U.K. one. But I think it is highly likely that TM will be dropping decent seats in the next few days, following their customary habit of filling up the venue "from the top and from the back" ......... in other words selling the crap first and the best stuff last. Just keep searching (repeatedly), the tickets you want will turn up eventually I'd think.

Where you staying Paulywaul? Pam & I were in the pit at the back with bv on Thursday, I'm travelling over on my own on Thursday for the 15th gig.

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: December 4, 2012 04:54

I hope you're right, Pauly....this is a real drag!

Posted by: JoT839 ()
Date: December 4, 2012 08:03

The Brooklyn pit ticket dropped to under $1000 here gruvr

That's it, I'm in!

See you there,

JoT

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: December 4, 2012 08:21

JoT839
The Brooklyn pit ticket dropped to under $1000 here gruvr

That's it, I'm in!

See you there,

JoT

Probably not going to Brooklyn, but am wondering whether there is a ticket guarantee from that site? Has anyone used the site before?

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: December 4, 2012 09:13

odean73
paulywaul
YES YES YES YES YES hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley

Just got me two in SECTION 10 (aaaaagh shriek hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley) for the 15th .....

NYC here I come ...................... !!

Sorry folks, gotta do more cartwheels ...... hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley

There's one VERY happy American cousin in New Jersey right now, she's never seen the Stones before. Can you believe that ? I know I know, it's OK, I'll have strong words with her when I get there. Don't worry, she'll see the light by the time I've finished with her !!

Now do concentrate Paul .... Brooklyn and Prudential 1 to go (sound of man furiously rattling laptop keyboard hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley)

Nice one paul.

At the moment looking at new york and hoping to obtain some cheap air tickets through my sister in law who works for british airways <sorry>><

All those seats behind the stage do people actually seat there confused smiley

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: December 4, 2012 09:35

colonial
odean73
paulywaul

Just got me two in SECTION 10 (aaaaagh shriek hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley) for the 15th .....

There's one VERY happy American cousin in New Jersey right now, she's never seen the Stones before. Can you believe that ? I know I know, it's OK, I'll have strong words with her when I get there. Don't worry, she'll see the light by the time I've finished with her !!

Now do concentrate Paul .... Brooklyn and Prudential 1 to go (sound of man furiously rattling laptop keyboard hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley)

Nice one paul.

At the moment looking at new york and hoping to obtain some cheap air tickets through my sister in law who works for british airways <sorry>><

Yes, but those are the cheap seats. They only go for around $350, plus service fees.

Posted by: colonial ()
Date: December 4, 2012 09:39

treaclefingers
colonial
odean73
paulywaul

Nice one paul.

Yes, but those are the cheap seats. They only go for around $350, plus service fees.

Is the stage designed so those people can see the band?

--------------
ColonialstoneNZ
--------------

Date: December 4, 2012 10:16

colonial
odean73
paulywaul

Nice one paul.

No, they don't.

Date: December 4, 2012 10:23

colonial
treaclefingers
colonial
odean73
paulywaul

Nice one paul.

Is the stage designed so those people can see the band?

Seats in block 10 cost $830. Trust me, I should know, I bought the f***ing things. As for block 11, part of that block (the bit getting closer to block 12) will be an increasingly side-on/restricted view, so they're less; i.e. $500 I think. I'm not 100 percent sure, because none were offered to me when I searched, and so I cannot be fully certain. But I'd guess it's the same as in the O2 in London, where the equivalent block (113) offered the identical view. I DID buy seats there which I sold on to a friend, and those DID cost £246 - so that's why I'm thinking that in the States the same pricing structure will prevail.

The view you DON'T get if you're in those side on seats is of the huge screen that lives with in the mouth. BUT - you do have a shitkicking view of the band itself.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-04 10:26 by paulywaul.

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: December 4, 2012 15:04

Well done Pauly - Perfect view there. Have a blast.

sc uk

Posted by: angee ()
Date: December 4, 2012 15:13

Colonial, only the side blocks 11 and 15 are sold so far, not the very back sections.

True, Pauly, they are 499.00. I am in block 11. I think I will be quite pleased with the view, hope so,
pleased enough, anyway.

~"Love is Strong"~

Date: December 4, 2012 16:04

angee
Colonial, only the side blocks 11 and 15 are sold so far, not the very back sections.

True, Pauly, they are 499.00. I am in block 11. I think I will be quite pleased with the view, hope so,
pleased enough, anyway.

You will be, for sure

Half Price Lower ($400) 12/13 show Sect 5 SOLD
Posted by: kupco ()
Date: December 4, 2012 17:35

SOLD
Dave

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-12-05 21:22 by kupco.

Date: December 4, 2012 17:46

chriseganstar
paulywaul
mickschix

Where you staying Paulywaul? Pam & I were in the pit at the back with bv on Thursday, I'm travelling over on my own on Thursday for the 15th gig.

I'm staying with a cousin in New Jersey mostly, she's coming with me to the 15th show. Am on my own for Brooklyn & the Prudential 13th, staying in a Manhattan hotel for those two nights (8th & 13th) - only because it's too complicated to get back to hers late at night by public transport.

Date: December 4, 2012 18:22

paulywaul
I'm staying with a cousin in New Jersey mostly, she's coming with me to the 15th show. Am on my own for Brooklyn & the Prudential 13th, staying in a Manhattan hotel for those two nights (8th & 13th) - only because it's too complicated to get back to hers late at night by public transport.

Re your accommodation, I sent you an email Pauly.

Date: December 4, 2012 20:28

Manofwealthandtaste
paulywaul

Re your accommodation, I sent you an email Pauly.

Yep, got it thanks. Managed to get myself sorted out .... JUST !!

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: December 4, 2012 21:42

paulywaul
chriseganstar
paulywaul
mickschix

I'm at the Hampton Inn, Newark airport so probably see everyone beforehand on the 15th (Brick City Bar & Grill ?). I think the will call opens 3 hours beforehand so I'll be there then.

Satisfied since 1976

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3637383940414243444546Next
Current Page: 43 of 46

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1701
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home