Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3536373839404142434445...LastNext
Current Page: 40 of 46
Re: 2012 London 2nd show Setlist Discussion
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: November 30, 2012 01:21

Justin
The Sicilian
Justin
The Sicilian
It seems the excitement has worn off. Setlist depression is setting in. Time to wash dishes. Actually as soon as "Miss You" rolled out the show was over.

I wonder if the people at the 02 felt the same way?

They paid big bucks to learn what we already knew for free.

Brilliant. By this logic...why go to ANY concert then?

I'll tell you what, the ushers got the best deal tonight.

Posted by: UGot2Rollme ()
Date: November 30, 2012 01:24

I wonder how inspired EC was playing on "Champagne and Reefer" given his long standing sobriety and support for his rehab center in Antigua. Yes, I'd expect him to play the blues, but song doesn't fit him. Red Rooster would have been better.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 30, 2012 01:32

crawdaddy
If I had paid top price seats or had standing tix for 2 nights of The Rolling Stones at O2 arena,I would be a bit pissed off and dissapointed after Song 8 Live With Me tonight. Sunday night would have been a great Stones experience if I had been there,but after tonights gig and paying out maybe £1000 for 2 nights entertainment would leave a bad taste.

Good points but having had the incredible good fortune of getting extremely close to the Stones at three shows in a matter of a month, I can now say from that experience that it takes everything to another level, it's just a huge thrill, totally irrational, you're literally caught in the moment and they could play anything really, even...er "Back to Zero" and you'd see it with rose tinted glasses. It's just very intense. So anyway I'm not too worried about the people in the pit tonight, especially those in very front, but those who were in the stands, well, yes that's a lot of money and there's none of that intensity over there.

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-30 01:44 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: salty ()
Date: November 30, 2012 01:32

UGot2Rollme
I wonder how inspired EC was playing on "Champagne and Reefer" given his long standing sobriety and support for his rehab center in Antigua. Yes, I'd expect him to play the blues, but song doesn't fit him. Red Rooster would have been better.

Other songs in Clapton's repertoire are to do with alcohol.

eg. Bottle of red wine, malted milk

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: November 30, 2012 01:34

The Sicilian
Justin
The Sicilian
Justin
The Sicilian
It seems the excitement has worn off. Setlist depression is setting in. Time to wash dishes. Actually as soon as "Miss You" rolled out the show was over.

I wonder if the people at the 02 felt the same way?

They paid big bucks to learn what we already knew for free.

Brilliant. By this logic...why go to ANY concert then?

I'll tell you what, the ushers got the best deal tonight.

Too bad these sets aren't giving you any surprises. Looks like you shouldn't have followed all those rehearsal updates on the board, eh? Who would have thought they were going to do the songs they rehearsed?? Go figure.

Posted by: Amused ()
Date: November 30, 2012 01:37

surely I'd prefer less warhorses, more forgotten gems...
but I'm pretty much surprised anyway... the setlist is killer!
(just not as good as 25th).

"Lady Jane"... I wish the bootlegs turn out to be as good as the previous ones!
cheers mates.

Posted by: chop ()
Date: November 30, 2012 01:39

Would love to hear Stray Cat Blues once they come stateside

Date: November 30, 2012 01:41

I'm being sarcastic, but sometimes I find I'm more interested in a video on YouTube of some guy sitting on a stool showing you how to play a Stones song on the guitar just like the original, rather than these endless strings of warhorses.

Posted by: Rickster ()
Date: November 30, 2012 01:43

Give me a break people quit bitching already what do you expect a whole concet rare songs not gonna happen especially not in a areana with high ticket prices. I'm just glad they are still playing after all these years.

Posted by: ohnonotyouagain ()
Date: November 30, 2012 01:48

I don't know, the setlist seems pretty good to me. I always hope for a few more rare songs, but I realize most people in the audience wouldn't know those tunes even if the band played them. And at least they're playing 23 songs instead of the 20 or so they were down to at the end of the Bigger Bang tour.

When you break downt the setlist, you know you are almost always going to get all ten of the following songs:

1. Brown Sugar
2. Honky Tonk Women
3. It’s Only Rock ‘N’ Roll
4. Jumpin’ Jack Flash
5. Miss You
6. Satisfaction
7. Start Me Up
8. Sympathy For The Devil
9. Tumblin’ Dice
10. You Can’t Always Get What You Want

That leaves 13 songs. They are playing the two new ones, which I'm strongly in favor of. That leaves 11. Then there's Keith 2 song solo spot, leaving nine left. I think they did a nice job picking those nine songs:

1. Get Off Of My Cloud (semi-rarely played, and a great choice for an opener in my opinion)
2. I Wanna Be Your Man (rarely played)
3. The Last Time (rarely played)
4. Paint it Black (semi-rarely played)
5. Gimme Shelter - with F. Welch (ok, this one's been played a lot and is practically a warhorse, but it's still one of their best songs)
6. Lady Jane (rarely played)
7. Champagne and Reefer - with Eric Clapton (rarely played)
8. Live with Me (semi-rarely played)
9. Midnight Rambler - with Mick Taylor (I dare anyone to complain about Midnight Rambler with Taylor joining them on guitar)

See, when you look at it that way it's a pretty solid setlist, right?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-30 01:50 by ohnonotyouagain.

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: November 30, 2012 01:52

I'll take that dare! After playing Rambler on Sunday, they should have had CYHMK for MT's spot. I'm sure they don't trust themselves to pull that one off though..and they may be right.

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: November 30, 2012 02:00

lettingitbleed
I'll take that dare! After playing Rambler on Sunday, they should have had CYHMK for MT's spot. I'm sure they don't trust themselves to pull that one off though..and they may be right.

Exactly. They have never played knocking as well as they play rambled. If they wanted to add it on as a bonus instead of satisfaction then I'm all for it, but I'd rather hear rambler twice.

Posted by: hbwriter ()
Date: November 30, 2012 02:03

ohnonotyouagain
I don't know, the setlist seems pretty good to me. I always hope for a few more rare songs, but I realize most people in the audience wouldn't know those tunes even if the band played them. And at least they're playing 23 songs instead of the 20 or so they were down to at the end of the Bigger Bang tour.

When you break downt the setlist, you know you are almost always going to get all ten of the following songs:

1. Brown Sugar
2. Honky Tonk Women
4. Jumpin’ Jack Flash
5. Miss You
6. Satisfaction
7. Start Me Up
9. Tumblin’ Dice

That leaves 13 songs. They are playing the two new ones, which I'm strongly in favor of. That leaves 11. Then there's Keith 2 song solo spot, leaving nine left. I think they did a nice job picking those nine songs:

1. Get Off Of My Cloud (semi-rarely played, and a great choice for an opener in my opinion)
5. Gimme Shelter - with F. Welch (ok, this one's been played a lot and is practically a warhorse, but it's still one of their best songs)
9. Midnight Rambler - with Mick Taylor (I dare anyone to complain about Midnight Rambler with Taylor joining them on guitar)

miss you, IORR, start me up, even TD (my fave) I think could all easily disappear forever - DONE TO DEATH - they get the credit for playing them before (and i have always thought that IORR BLOWS live - except the way foo fighters did it on sNL)

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: November 30, 2012 02:06

sjs12
lettingitbleed

Exactly. They have never played knocking as well as they play rambled. If they wanted to add it on as a bonus instead of satisfaction then I'm all for it, but I'd rather hear rambler twice.

I really dug the 'theme' setlists back in 02...

Live With Me -> Let It Bleed -> Rambler
Sweet Virginia -> Loving Cup -> Rocksoff

They could do that with any album. So much good material. Regardless of all that, I know one truth...

IF THE TICKETS WERE REASONABLE, WE WOULD NOT BE COMPLAINING.
THESE GIGS LOOKS MIGHTY FINE, ITS JUST THE PRICES THAT ARE OFFENSIVE.
APART FROM THE WARHORSES THE SETLIST IS FANTASTIC!

Posted by: Rokyfan ()
Date: November 30, 2012 02:18

The Sicilian
I'm being sarcastic, but sometimes I find I'm more interested in a video on YouTube of some guy sitting on a stool showing you how to play a Stones song on the guitar just like the original, rather than these endless strings of warhorses.

Yeah, exactly, but I'm being serious. Obviously you have no interest in what the Rolling Stones play, why are you on a Stones board complaining that they play a set full of Stones songs -- at these shows -- which was obviously what they were going to do and what people who go to the shows expect (coming off as if they are on an 80-city tour or something and playing the same set every night). Who cares what you think?

Their set may be predictable but your posts are more so.

Posted by: John&Trish ()
Date: November 30, 2012 02:30

Set list is a dream come true....wish we were there. Happy for all that had the chance. We'll be rockin' in Newark.

Date: November 30, 2012 02:31

hbwriter
ohnonotyouagain

1. Brown Sugar
2. Honky Tonk Women
4. Jumpin’ Jack Flash
5. Miss You
6. Satisfaction
7. Start Me Up
9. Tumblin’ Dice

miss you, IORR, start me up, even TD (my fave) I think could all easily disappear forever - DONE TO DEATH - they get the credit for playing them before (and i have always thought that IORR BLOWS live - except the way foo fighters did it on sNL)

I'll give you that one. Out of the ten warhorses, they could easily eliminate four of them and replace them with other well-known songs from their vast catalogue. My nominations to go are Miss You, You Can't Always Get What You Want, Tumbling Dice and IORR. I don't think the average fan would mind if those were replaced with the likes of Street Fighting Man, 19th Nervous Breakdown, Under My Thumb and Ruby Tuesday.

Maybe on the first night of a two night stand they could play the ten standard warhorses, then the second night they switch out four of them as above. That would help the shows have some variety, because for a long time fan, when they hit that warhorse stretch there's a strong sense of, ok, I know what's coming, I've seen this movie before.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-30 02:33 by ohnonotyouagain.

Date: November 30, 2012 02:35

Minus Lady Jane it's yer average setlist.

Word to yer mother.

Stones.

Posted by: chop ()
Date: November 30, 2012 02:38

I'm only seeing the stones for the 2nd time on the 15th. It'll be my sisters first stones concert in Brooklyn. We want the warhorses.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: November 30, 2012 02:42

chop
I'm only seeing the stones for the 2nd time on the 15th. It'll be my sisters first stones concert in Brooklyn. We want the warhorses.

You got it................no problem.........grinning smiley

Date: November 30, 2012 02:43

chop
yeah but a bunch of people who won't be there don't.

Date: November 30, 2012 02:49

I wish they would offically release an audio track of every single song they played on the A Bigger Bang Tour, that way those of us who want to hear obscure stuff could make our own warhorse-free mix and jam out to it whenever we want, lol

Posted by: ash ()
Date: November 30, 2012 02:59

I'd lobby hard for We Love You (featuring mellow-tron wood), Have you seen your mother and Come on. It was their first release after all. Or how about Stoned ? I'm Movin On always blows me away too.
Or the whole of Sticky Fingers with MT.
Great to have them back though. Looking forward to seeing tonights show on you tube. As long as they don't play much from 1973 to 2011 then they cant really go far wrong with the setlist can they ?
i like doooom and glooom.

note to Chuck if he's reading this - how about playing Panama Powder Room, English Summer, Godzi and Gold Painted Nails too.

Date: November 30, 2012 03:02

ash
I'd lobby hard for We Love You (featuring mellow-tron wood), Have you seen your mother and Come on. It was their first release after all. Or how about Stoned ? I'm Movin On always blows me away too.
Or the whole of Sticky Fingers with MT.
Great to have them back though. Looking forward to seeing tonights show on you tube. As long as they don't play much from 1973 to 2011 then they cant really go far wrong with the setlist can they ?
i like doooom and glooom.

note to Chuck if he's reading this - how about playing Panama Powder Room, English Summer, Godzi and Gold Painted Nails too.

I'll second the call for Come On. Would love to hear You Can't Catch Me as well, or really any Chuck Berry song.

Date: November 30, 2012 03:03

Any real Chuck Berry song, anything but Come On, a rank novelty number that almost sunk their career before it began (or is it sank?).

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 30, 2012 03:06

I think something went wrong with the merging of the setlist thread with the ticket drop thread? ;-)

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: stonesfrkk ()
Date: November 30, 2012 03:24

lettingitbleed
No I think they should have done Sway for MT.imo MR was a mistake.

Date: November 30, 2012 03:59

Rokyfan
The Sicilian

Yeah, exactly, but I'm being serious. Obviously you have no interest in what the Rolling Stones play, why are you on a Stones board complaining that they play a set full of Stones songs -- at these shows -- which was obviously what they were going to do and what people who go to the shows expect (coming off as if they are on an 80-city tour or something and playing the same set every night). Who cares what you think?

Their set may be predictable but your posts are more so.

This is only your 4th day of posting and you are calling people out? Go back to your bedroom and play with your wii.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-30 04:00 by The Sicilian.

Re: The official "TICKET DROP" thread
Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 30, 2012 05:44

DartfordRenegade
Darryl Jones
Well, I've not posted on here for a long time but just want to thank all of you for the price drop advice. I arrived at Seatwave just after 7pm and joined a short(ish) queue (or what passed for a queue) while checking the Seatwave prices online. I had my eye on 2 tickets in B1, Row E which were then priced at just over £800 inc. booking. I kept checking and the prices started to drop quite quickly at about 7:30. Eventually got the B1, row E tickets online whilst standing in the ticket office and got to our seats with about 2 minutes to spare. Price per ticket was £229. Total pice including booking £529.49!! Once again, thanks everyone. An awesome gig and I've managed to maintain my record of attending at least one of their London gigs on each tour since 1976. So glad I got to see MT do MR.

Btw, can anyone tell me how to change this user name that my ex has stuck me with? :-)

Darryl glad you got the seats you wanted at the price you wanted. Crazy you still have to book online when you are there though you should be able to just pay at the desk? Hope you enjoyed the show.

That sounds great. I wonder if others were able to get the same kind of deal. There were quite a few groups of people last night looking to buy a ticket, seemingly going home emptyhanded.

Penelope Cruz was shown from her seat in the stands to the pit. She looked around for a few minutes and then headed back to her original seat in the stands.

Re: The official "TICKET DROP" thread
Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 30, 2012 07:29

drbryant
DartfordRenegade
Darryl Jones
Well, I've not posted on here for a long time but just want to thank all of you for the price drop advice. I arrived at Seatwave just after 7pm and joined a short(ish) queue (or what passed for a queue) while checking the Seatwave prices online. I had my eye on 2 tickets in B1, Row E which were then priced at just over £800 inc. booking. I kept checking and the prices started to drop quite quickly at about 7:30. Eventually got the B1, row E tickets online whilst standing in the ticket office and got to our seats with about 2 minutes to spare. Price per ticket was £229. Total pice including booking £529.49!! Once again, thanks everyone. An awesome gig and I've managed to maintain my record of attending at least one of their London gigs on each tour since 1976. So glad I got to see MT do MR.

Btw, can anyone tell me how to change this user name that my ex has stuck me with? :-)

Darryl glad you got the seats you wanted at the price you wanted. Crazy you still have to book online when you are there though you should be able to just pay at the desk? Hope you enjoyed the show.

That sounds great. I wonder if others were able to get the same kind of deal. There were quite a few groups of people last night looking to buy a ticket, seemingly going home emptyhanded.

Penelope Cruz was taken from her seat in the stands to the pit. She looked around for a few minutes and then headed back to her original seat in the stands. Some people are too gorgeous to be in the middle of a scrum.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...3536373839404142434445...LastNext
Current Page: 40 of 46

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1643
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home