Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 46
Re: The official "TICKET DROP" thread
Posted by: MartinB ()
Date: November 23, 2012 13:18

Sister Marie
MartinB
I got B2 row K for £295 from double8tickets, 25% below face value. They are also a sort of scalpers but this is a good price. Why should not Gazza or anybody else get good price tickets from any possible source?
How did you do? 295 £ is the price of "economy seats" on their website :/
Their block B is 395 £
???

I bought tickets for Sunday. Apparently they decided to get rid of them during the week and they had a sale. Very good tickets vere available for very good prices, around or below face value.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: November 23, 2012 13:37

Unfortunately even when they cut the price of tickets to below face value you will still have to pay a hefty booking fee of between £50 and £100.

Date: November 23, 2012 14:01

Silver Dagger
Unfortunately even when they cut the price of tickets to below face value you will still have to pay a hefty booking fee of between £50 and £100.

I did not pay any booking fee, just £8.95 postage. I am as surprised as you.

Posted by: ladywilliam ()
Date: November 23, 2012 14:30

Now on Seatwave tongue pit price is £575 (£638 incl fee)
No one has bought a pit tix last few days, should decrease..

Date: November 23, 2012 14:43

ladywilliam

Yes, just saw that. It's a waiting game. There are some tickets for Block A2 at a very reasonable £550. Prices coming down again. And decent lower tier for around the £300 mark.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 23, 2012 15:06

Silver Dagger
ladywilliam

Yes, just saw that. It's a waiting game. There are some tickets for Block A2 at a very reasonable £550. Prices coming down again. And decent lower tier for around the £300 mark.

As always, I remain impressed by the marketing genius of the Stones' machine. If you think about it, £638 ($1000) is a breathtakingly high price (and unprecedented) for a seat behind an FOS "golden circle", and before this tour, people would have thought it crazy. And yet, somehow, we are thinking that this is "very reasonable". While I despise the high prices, I have to admit that I am actually impressed by their management.

However, I do think they've pushed things too far in New York, with the $831 "standard" price. Unlike London, where we seem to have bought into a £400 face price as being reasonable, in New York, people seem to regard $831 as a complete ripoff. There are still tickets remaining for Brooklyn, and secondary sales seem dead - with TONS of tickets available. I don't think these seats (even in the first tier) will sell at "face" value; I predict a real crash.

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: November 23, 2012 15:13

drbryant
I predict a real crash.

Sorry, Mick already predicted it (MJKR suffering particularly heavy losses)

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: November 23, 2012 15:16

MartinB
I got B2 row K for £295 from double8tickets, 25% below face value. They are also a sort of scalpers but this is a good price. Why should not Gazza or anybody else get good price tickets from any possible source?

Good going, Martin.

Its the prohibitive add-ons for these brokers that make me stay away from them in principle, but if youve managed to avoid doing that (from what you said in your following post) then thats a good thing. Seems that at this late stage, these tickets are rapidly approaching 'fire sale' status!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-23 15:16 by Gazza.

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 23, 2012 15:20

drbryant
Silver Dagger
ladywilliam

As always, I remain impressed by the marketing genius of the Stones' machine. If you think about it, £638 ($1000) is a breathtakingly high price (and unprecedented) for a seat behind an FOS "golden circle", and before this tour, people would have thought it crazy. And yet, somehow, we are thinking that this is "very reasonable". While I despise the high prices, I have to admit that I am actually impressed by their management.

However, I do think they've pushed things too far in New York, with the $831 "standard" price. Unlike London, where we seem to have bought into a £400 face price as being reasonable, in New York, people seem to regard $831 as a complete ripoff. There are still tickets remaining for Brooklyn, and secondary sales seem dead - with TONS of tickets available. I don't think these seats (even in the first tier) will sell at "face" value; I predict a real crash.

Yes, as a matter of interest I've looked on TM for the Brooklyn show, and I've been truly staggered at what is coming up. REALLY good seats, so despite all the hype ... the sales have obviously been lacklustre.

I agree, I think they HAVE pushed it too far for the American market. They've taken the p*** here in London, and maybe (just maybe) they'll have gotten away with it, but for the U.S. they could just have "misread" it. Looks that way.

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Date: November 23, 2012 15:28

drbryant
Silver Dagger
ladywilliam

Supply and demand. Only two shows, under 40,000 tickets for an entire continent (instead of the usual 1 - 1.5 million), and no restrictions at all on re-selling.

The double-edged sword of selling tickets in a recession. Lots of people get priced out, but at the same time there are lots of people who see it as an opportunity to make a few quid by exploiting would-be ticket buyers.

The mistake the touts made however was in buying up tickets which were already overpriced. There was no precedent for these kind of prices and they f**ked up because they didnt realise that while its very hard to make money on 'bad' tickets, its nearly impossible to do so when theyre also way overpriced and when the market is saturated with them.

In America, its compounded even further by the decision to add a third show when there were thousands of tickets still available for the other two from secondary sources. Especially for shows in two cities in the same area of the country. Once the Barclays show was announced, that was the arse falling completely out of the secondary market for the two Newark shows - and with prices being prohibitive anyway, most Stones fans who had fincially committed to Newark were going to find it too difficult financially to stretch to an additional show as well.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 23, 2012 16:01

Lots of movement in the pit...it seems they jack up the prices as soon as a sale occurs, back up to £799 now on stubhub and to £750 on Seatwave...this is nerve racking!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: November 23, 2012 17:42

Gazza
drbryant
Silver Dagger
ladywilliam

Supply and demand. Only two shows, under 40,000 tickets for an entire continent (instead of the usual 1 - 1.5 million), and no restrictions at all on re-selling.

The double-edged sword of selling tickets in a recession. Lots of people get priced out, but at the same time there are lots of people who see it as an opportunity to make a few quid by exploiting would-be ticket buyers.

The mistake the touts made however was in buying up tickets which were already overpriced. There was no precedent for these kind of prices and they f**ked up because they didnt realise that while its very hard to make money on 'bad' tickets, its nearly impossible to do so when theyre also way overpriced and when the market is saturated with them.

In America, its compounded even further by the decision to add a third show when there were thousands of tickets still available for the other two from secondary sources. Especially for shows in two cities in the same area of the country. Once the Barclays show was announced, that was the arse falling completely out of the secondary market for the two Newark shows - and with prices being prohibitive anyway, most Stones fans who had fincially committed to Newark were going to find it too difficult financially to stretch to an additional show as well.

So true. I bought tickets for the first Newark show and paid $750.00. That's all I could get !!! My plan was to go to both Newark shows and to buy medium
to low priced tickets for each show. Now I'm attended one show. Oh well, I'll watch the second Newark show on PPV.

Posted by: Bowe ()
Date: November 23, 2012 17:50

I still have two A2 tickets row F I need to sell. If you're interested, please email me on boudewijn@bowemusic.nl

As an alternative I also have two block 118 tickets. I'll sell the block 118 below face value.

We'll fly to London tomorrow afternoon.

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: November 23, 2012 17:52

Hey Gazza, those Stones/Bieber fans are a rare breed...quite possibly not of this earth.
Looking for a ticket for Thursday myself, but may well pop into the Pilot for a jar or two on Sunday late afternoon, hope to catch some of you there.

Is there a kick-off time for the pre-drink, or just see you when you get there?

Lee

Date: November 23, 2012 17:55

lmatth8461

Lee

Kick off time is 4pm - when the Chelsea v Man City game starts. C'mon City!

Date: November 23, 2012 17:56

Not at this time AFAIK but there is a thread called "Pubs in London on Sunday" where people are talking about it ;-)

Looks like prices are holding steady at this point...what's next on this roller coaster ride, up or down, down hopefully!

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-23 17:57 by gotdablouse.

Date: November 23, 2012 18:02

lmatth8461
Hey Gazza, those Stones/Bieber fans are a rare breed...quite possibly not of this earth.
Looking for a ticket for Thursday myself, but may well pop into the Pilot for a jar or two on Sunday late afternoon, hope to catch some of you there.

Lee

there has to be a designated starting time for drinking? Is this some new EU directive?

These are all the instructions you need for Sunday (and Thursday) :

Get there. Buy alcohol. Drink it. smileys with beer

Date: November 23, 2012 18:08

Gazza
lmatth8461

Lee

there has to be a designated starting time for drinking? Is this some new EU directive?

These are all the instructions you need for Sunday (and Thursday) :

Get there. Buy alcohol. Drink it. smileys with beer

Yes, let's not complicate things.smileys with beer

Posted by: andy js ()
Date: November 23, 2012 18:09

Sunday drinking always starts at noon. Make it so

Date: November 23, 2012 18:16

-> [www.iorr.org]

--------------

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: November 23, 2012 18:28

AAAAAGH! Seatwave tickets for Sunday can't be delivered by UPS until - Monday! Now waiting to see if Seatwave customer service can source me a replacement....

Date: November 23, 2012 18:31

Green Lady
AAAAAGH! Seatwave tickets for Sunday can't be delivered by UPS until - Monday! Now waiting to see if Seatwave customer service can source me a replacement....

They advertise on their site that "tickets can be collected from Seatwave at North Greenwich on the day of the event"......if that helps!

Date: November 23, 2012 18:36

Manofwealthandtaste
Green Lady

They advertise on their site that "tickets can be collected from Seatwave at North Greenwich on the day of the event"......if that helps!

Not these. It turned out that they had to be shipped from ITALY (!) and are now stuck somewhere in the UPS system - UPS don't deliver on Saturdays unless the shipper pays extra (which they haven't) so unless Seatwave can come up with something as a replacement I am ticketless again.

To quote a very well known saying around here - GRRRRR!

Date: November 23, 2012 18:42

Wow, that's bad news, going through the whole process and now finding out that they can't even get a simple shipping issue right for the extortionate fee they charge.

--------------

Date: November 23, 2012 18:42

Just now TM:

Section
Description
Tickets to be collected from venue box office
Price Level 1
Unreserved Standing
Private Suite 348
Type
Full Price Ticket
Ticket Price
£405.00

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: November 23, 2012 19:03

Still over 2,000 tickets for Thursday.

I guess these will all drift across to eBay over the next few days....

Lee

Date: November 23, 2012 19:04

You have email Bowe re 118's many thanks

Date: November 23, 2012 19:04

Seatwave customer service being very helpful - looks like I'll be in 113 now - awaiting their email with details of a ticket to pick up on the day.

Update: YES! Block 113 Row M ticket available for collection on the day. I'm impressed (and very relieved). Doesn't look as if it was Seatwave's fault - the seller in Italy took forever to get the tickets dispatched from their end.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-23 19:10 by Green Lady.

Date: November 23, 2012 19:07

Good to hear!

MartinB
Just now TM:

Section
Description
Price Level 1
Unreserved Standing
Private Suite 348
Type
Full Price Ticket
Ticket Price
£405.00

Yep saw that too, they couldn't be bothered to give any indication whatsoever as to where that suite might be located though! There are two "layers" of suites are between Level 1 and Level 4 so this one would have to be on the second one ("Level 3") but who knows where...a Level 1 anywhere would likely be better.

--------------

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-23 19:07 by gotdablouse.

Date: November 23, 2012 19:11

MartinB
Just now TM:

Section
Description
Price Level 1
Unreserved Standing
Private Suite 348
Type
Full Price Ticket
Ticket Price
£405.00

What the heck is that? Private Suite?? Hope it won't lead to any humbling acts having to be performed!!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...2627282930313233343536...LastNext
Current Page: 31 of 46

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1794
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home