Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 46
Re: The official "TICKET DROP" thread
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: November 13, 2012 14:43

This is bizarre, SEATWAVE.CO.UK is now showing 80 GA tongue pit tickets available for the 25th, that's the most there's ever been since tickets when on sale whenever it was back in October ? Where the blazes have these suddenly come from ? Weird !

Still asking over £1K, so I ain't gonna be biting yet ....

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-13 14:44 by paulywaul.

Date: November 13, 2012 14:48

paulywaul
This is bizarre, SEATWAVE.CO.UK is now showing 80 GA tongue pit tickets available for the 25th, that's the most there's ever been since tickets when on sale whenever it was back in October ? Where the blazes have these suddenly come from ? Weird !

Still asking over £1K, so I ain't gonna be biting yet ....

Even weirder, the number available is also increasing for the 29th, that's now showing 67, also the most I've ever seen since ticket sales started ? Eh wot ? confused smiley confused smiley confused smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-13 14:48 by paulywaul.

Posted by: strettonbull ()
Date: November 13, 2012 15:06

Aren't they people selling their tickets for a profit?

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: November 13, 2012 15:07

bv
Box Office does often get some extra tickets on show day, afternoon.

And they will, if available, upgrade your seats from Upper tier to Lower tier or Floor when asked (they also do this about an hour or so from show time on the 1st floor inside the O2, at the top of the escalator to your right as you go in the main entrance).

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: November 13, 2012 15:18

chriseganstar
bv

And they will, if available, upgrade your seats from Upper tier to Lower tier or Floor when asked (they also do this about an hour or so from show time on the 1st floor inside the O2, at the top of the escalator to your right as you go in the main entrance).

For free or..?

Date: November 13, 2012 15:24

strettonbull
Aren't they people selling their tickets for a profit?

Trying to I guess ? confused smiley

Date: November 13, 2012 15:25

chriseganstar
bv

I heard that's what they did for one or more of the 2007 shows. Wow, good deal !!

Date: November 13, 2012 15:26

Bitches Brew
chriseganstar
bv

For free or..?

I think it was for free, yes ....

Date: November 13, 2012 15:28

paulywaul
Bitches Brew
chriseganstar
bv

For free or..?

Yes, definitely for free. Last time I did it was when I took Pam to see Barbra Streisand and we were way up on the top 4th tier and we got put in the 1st row of the lower tier.

Satisfied since 1976

Date: November 13, 2012 15:35

chriseganstar
paulywaul
Bitches Brew
chriseganstar
bv

For free or..?

Yes, definitely for free. Last time I did it was when I took Pam to see Barbra Streisand and we were way up on the top 4th tier and we got put in the 1st row of the lower tier.

God almighty, now that was a deal !! I bet you and the good lady were .............. hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley all the way to your new seats !!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-13 15:36 by paulywaul.

Posted by: tattooyou ()
Date: November 13, 2012 15:36

That's right. I was on my way to block 412 for the 2nd O2 show in 2007, and ended up in 110 absolutely free. Look out for people in blue polo shirts with the O2 logo embroidered on at the top of the escalator. With a great big stash of tickets in their hands.

Date: November 13, 2012 15:38

tattooyou
That's right. I was on my way to block 412 for the 2nd O2 show in 2007, and ended up in 110 absolutely free. Look out for people in blue polo shirts with the O2 logo embroidered on at the top of the escalator. With a great big stash of tickets in their hands.

<<< Look out for people in blue polo shirts with the O2 logo embroidered on at the top of the escalator. With a great big stash of tickets in their hands >>>

Bloody hell, I'm stunned !!

Posted by: tattooyou ()
Date: November 13, 2012 15:45

Yep - who'd a thunk it.

At the time I was told that they were from a block of seats reserved for Greenwich residents, which was part of the venue's licencing agreement, and that if they haven't been taken up, they are offered to those in the nosebleeds.

Date: November 13, 2012 15:49

tattooyou
Yep - who'd a thunk it.

At the time I was told that they were from a block of seats reserved for Greenwich residents, which was part of the venue's licencing agreement, and that if they haven't been taken up, they are offered to those in the nosebleeds.

Good bit of info that, thank you very much for posting it here ... anything to help lessen the depression among those poor sods that have paid £400 for the dubious privilege of being up in the stratosphere whilst the Rolling Stones meanwhile are somewhere down at ground level about half a mile away !! winking smiley

Posted by: rrronnie ()
Date: November 13, 2012 15:52

So I finally booked my Ryanair flight and hotel for the second show. Still no ticket.The costs for flight plus hotel (2 nights) are half the price they ask for a show ticket - ridiculous. I must be crazy. But then....

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: November 13, 2012 16:05

tattooyou

Thanks, now you got me thinking...

Posted by: virgil ()
Date: November 13, 2012 16:43

I would also be on the the Lookout for a ticket drop from Ticketmaster for the two Newark shows, not too long after the 1 minute sell out of the Brooklyn show.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-13 16:55 by virgil.

Date: November 13, 2012 18:18

paulywaul
chriseganstar
paulywaul
Bitches Brew
chriseganstar
bv

For free or..?

God almighty, now that was a deal !! I bet you and the good lady were .............. hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley hot smiley all the way to your new seats !!

We certainly were (and the top price for her concerts was £500 face value, and I'd paid for £50 seats !!)

Satisfied since 1976

Date: November 13, 2012 18:27

chriseganstar
paulywaul
chriseganstar
paulywaul
Bitches Brew
chriseganstar
bv

For free or..?

We certainly were (and the top price for her concerts was £500 face value, and I'd paid for £50 seats !!)

<<< and the top price for her concerts was £500 face value >>>

Ssshhh .... don't tell MJ !! winking smiley

Posted by: LSTNT ()
Date: November 13, 2012 20:24

Pulling 450.00 singles now for Dec 15 and 800.00 singles for the Dec 13th show.

Posted by: Promoman ()
Date: November 13, 2012 20:31

I got my ticket upgraded from Nosebleed to row 8 FOS at the LA Forum service desk ten minuets before the show. I had to pay the face value price difference, which I gladly did.

Date: November 13, 2012 20:54

Currently pulling crappy section 3 $813 singles for 12/15...

Date: November 13, 2012 20:57

And section 103 singles for $450...

Date: November 13, 2012 21:32

For anyone that's counting, there's a fairly staggering 709 tickets currently for sale for 25th November on SEATWAVE alone; heaven knows how many also on GETMEIN or VIAGOGO, Ebay, Gumtree and the like ....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-13 21:33 by paulywaul.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: November 13, 2012 23:16

The number of tickets for the NJ shows on Stubhub is increasing. Now, 2570 tickets for 12/13 and 2072 tickets for 12/15. Up by nearly 10% from a few days ago.

Posted by: Promoman ()
Date: November 14, 2012 00:20

On ebay I see a number of auctions for concert tickets that end after the events have taken place, like this one:

[www.ebay.com]

What's the point of that?

Date: November 14, 2012 01:04

drbryant
The number of tickets for the NJ shows on Stubhub is increasing. Now, 2570 tickets for 12/13 and 2072 tickets for 12/15. Up by nearly 10% from a few days ago.

So to what do you attribute this, as a matter of interest ? On this side of the pond, I'm just rather puzzled by the fact that as the day of the first show draws ever closer, the number of tickets going up for sale in some quarters does actually seem to be increasing ? Surely it should be the other way round ........... shouldn't it ?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-11-14 01:10 by paulywaul.

Date: November 14, 2012 01:09

Promoman
On ebay I see a number of auctions for concert tickets that end after the events have taken place, like this one:

[www.ebay.com]

What's the point of that?

<<<< What's the point of that? >>>

Er (scratching head in bewilderment) ..... don't know !! Seems completely stupid. I think someone's brain wasn't working when they listed that ... ?

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: November 14, 2012 01:11

paulywaul
drbryant

So tdo what do you attribute this, as a matter of interest ? On this side of the pond, I'm just rather puzzled by the fact that as the day of the first show draws ever closer, the number of tickets going up for sale in some quarters does actually seem to be increasing ? Surely it should be the other way round ........... shouldn't it ?

Maybe it has something to do with a lot of people now having their tickets in hand knowing they need money back for them ASAP?
A pair of £406 tickets went on eBay today for £540. Take the eBay/Paypal fees off and it's nearly a free ticket being given away by the seller. That'll burn!

Date: November 14, 2012 01:14

flairville
paulywaul
drbryant

So tdo what do you attribute this, as a matter of interest ? On this side of the pond, I'm just rather puzzled by the fact that as the day of the first show draws ever closer, the number of tickets going up for sale in some quarters does actually seem to be increasing ? Surely it should be the other way round ........... shouldn't it ?

Maybe it has something to do with a lot of people now having their tickets in hand knowing they need money back for them ASAP?
A pair of £406 tickets went on eBay today for £540. Take the eBay/Paypal fees off and it's nearly a free ticket being given away by the seller. That'll burn!

Do you mean £540 EACH, or £540 for a pair of tickets with a face value of £406 each ? If you mean the latter, then yes - yowch !! Someone lost a lot of money there !!

GOOD !!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...89101112131415161718...LastNext
Current Page: 13 of 46

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1727
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home