Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 46
The official "TICKET DROP" thread
Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 24, 2012 22:17

Ticketmaster .... NOW (20:15 UK time) ..... £406 tickets in the upper rows (U,V) in low tier block 102. Things seems to be moving "further forward" towards the stage end of the venue .......

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-24 22:19 by paulywaul.

Re: The official "TICKET DROP thread"
Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: October 24, 2012 22:18

cool.

Re: The official "TICKET DROP" thread
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 24, 2012 22:21

They'd need to be move downward in price by about 250% for me to even consider biting.

Good idea for a thread, though.

Date: October 24, 2012 22:24

Gazza
They'd need to be move downward in price by about 250% for me to even consider biting.

Good idea for a thread, though.

Yep winking smiley

I'm in, now just looking for a "2 for 1" swap for the 25th (2 x block 113 row s for 1 x the tongue pit) ... but I suspect there won't be anyone out there that wants to make the trade. O well !

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 24, 2012 22:31

Good catch, please give the date the next time though or was it both originally ? 29th only it seems now? I was offered a 106 FF, not sure what that is (Front Forward ?) and now a C, hum...too bad it's so expensive!

Paulywaul - you just got two 113/S seats for the 25th?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-24 22:34 by gotdablouse.

Date: October 24, 2012 22:36

gotdablouse
Good cath, please give the date the next time though, 29th only it seems ? I was offered a 106 FF, not sure what that is (Front Forward) and now a C, hum...

OK. Well if this thread catches on and people decide to start using it to keep each other informed of which agency is dropping tickets & when, then perhaps we can establish what the most useful info to put into a post is. I'd suggest simply:

Name of ticket agency
Date of gig
Ticket price, block(s) and typical rows being offered

That should cover it

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 24, 2012 22:39

gotdablouse
Good catch, please give the date the next time though or was it both originally ? 29th only it seems now? I was offered a 106 FF, not sure what that is (Front Forward ?) and now a C, hum...too bad it's so expensive!

FF would be the second series of seats in a block.

A-Z would be at the front, then AA, BB, CC etc.

So its probably around Row 32.

Date: October 24, 2012 22:43

gotdablouse

Yes, I have two in block 113 row S for the 25th. I didn't get them right now though, I got them in the Facebook presale. But I am trying to swap them (both) for just one for the tongue pit ...

Date: October 25, 2012 21:04

Blocks 106, 107, 103 on SEETICKETS now, seems to good availability in the very low rows, A through to G. Not of interest to me personally (too far away), but just confirms that IT SURE AS S**T AIN'T SOLD OUT. I searched for four tickets time and time and time again, and was offered them with every single search, even in ROW A.

So this SOLD OUT business is total nonsense !!

Posted by: frankotero ()
Date: October 25, 2012 21:09

Does anyone have a real seatmap for this? I have no idea what to expect (probably the strategy). Seems to me Row A on block 106 should be pretty good. Of course I don't know as I've never been to the O2. At 400 UK pounds almost nothing sounds good.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 25, 2012 21:21

I think this is London

I think this is Newark

If Im wrong, let me know I will delete.

If those charts are correct I would guess down low in sections 101 and 112 in London.... and down low in sections 10 and 17 in Newark priced at $150 would be the place to be. Of course getting those seats at those prices my not be possible, but those put you closer than regular front row, and keeps you out of the pit.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-25 21:41 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: October 25, 2012 21:21

frankotero
Does anyone have a real seatmap for this? I have no idea what to expect (probably the strategy). Seems to me Row A on block 106 should be pretty good. Of course I don't know as I've never been to the O2. At 400 UK pounds almost nothing sounds good.

Yes, here you are ...........

This one is the DEFAULT O2 seating plan

This is the setup for the Stones, it's off the TICKETMASTER website

And this one is for the Stones, but off the SEETICKETS website

Use all three seating plans to help you work out approximately where you'll be, and what the relationship between that position and the stage will be - depending on what block/row/seat(s) you get offered.

What you notice (or should notice) is that for the Stones setup, in order to make space for the whole tongue pit and tongue stage thing, they've pushed the stage backwards some distance, nibbling away at the front of blocks 114/115/116/117. That is why they're using blocks 113 and 118 for these shows, because they normally do not - as you can see from the default seating plan.

So do not dismiss blocks 113 and 118 as crap seats, because OK - they might give you a fairly side-on kind of view, but you'll be pretty bloody close, especially if the rows are on the low side and you're not up in say X/Y/Z ....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-25 21:28 by paulywaul.

-
Date: October 25, 2012 21:29

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-25 21:41 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: October 25, 2012 21:35

Max'sKansasCity
If those charts are correct I would guess down low in sections 101 and 112 in London.... and down low in sections 10 and 17 in Newark priced at $150 would be the place to be. Of course getting those seats at those prices my not be possible, but thise put you closer than regular front row, and keeps you out of the pit.

The SEETICKETS plan for London is not accurate, it suggests that blocks 113 right round to 118 will not be used. That's wrong, because I've actually got a pair in block 113, and I was offered some in the presale for 118.

The other thing is that on the DEFAULT O2 seating plan, even though they are still coloured in, take my word for it (from having been there dozens of times) - that the normal default arrangement is that the closest lower tier blocks at the stage end are 101 and 112. The others, for the default stage setup, are BEHIND the stage effectively, that's why they're never used.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-25 21:36 by paulywaul.

Date: October 25, 2012 21:37

Max'sKansasCity
If those charts are correct I would guess down low in sections 101 and 112 in London.... and down low in sections 10 and 17 in Newark priced at $150 would be the place to be. Of course getting those seats at those prices my not be possible, but thise put you closer than regular front row, and keeps you out of the pit.

Yup, for London, low down in 101 or 112 is where ya wanna be I reckon ........

Date: October 25, 2012 21:40

Oh... I think we were over lapping posts... I was saying if the charts I posted were correct, I was not questioning yours. I will cut that comment and paste it in my charts post.

Date: October 25, 2012 21:43

paulywaul
Max'sKansasCity

Yup, for London, low down in 101 or 112 is where ya wanna be I reckon ........
thumbs up Right on.... out front, up close and the Rolling Stones!!!

Date: October 25, 2012 21:46

Max'sKansasCity
Oh... I think we were over lapping posts... I was saying if the charts I posted were correct, I was not questioning yours. I will cut that comment and paste it in my charts post.

OK, cool. I'm just trying to be helpful to folks here, as well as (he says hopefully .....) to find myself a pit ticket for the 25th. And if I do, I'll be selling my 2 x block 113 row S .........

All in all though, what I do notice as a general trend, is that (a) the London shows are in no way sold out, and (b) the prices on the secondary sites are slowly but surely coming down. Not enough .... but they are moving downwards, which is the right direction !!

Posted by: Memorymotel62 ()
Date: October 25, 2012 22:25

Yesterday I was tempted for a Block 102 up at row S. Do you think TM will release better ones (e.g 101, 112)?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-25 22:28 by Memorymotel62.

Date: October 25, 2012 22:32

Memorymotel62
Yesterday I was tempted for a Block 102 up at row S. Do you think TM will release better ones (e.g 101, 112)?

Well personally I'm hoping for a pit ticket, but I think it is very unlikely. As for 101 and/or 112, I think it is possible there will be the odd ticket drop there - yes. I suggest you just do what I do, pick your random moments and just keep checking and checking and checking ...........

Block 102 wouldn't be too bad, if you're in a lowish row (so hence lower than S for sure), but nearer the stage end of the block than the block 103 end, and you can tell that from looking at the seat numbering on the default O2 seating plan.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-25 22:32 by paulywaul.

Date: October 25, 2012 22:46

paulywaul
Memorymotel62

Well personally I'm hoping for a pit ticket, but I think it is very unlikely. As for 101 and/or 112, I think it is possible there will be the odd ticket drop there - yes. I suggest you just do what I do, pick your random moments and just keep checking and checking and checking ...........

Block 102 wouldn't be too bad, if you're in a lowish row (so hence lower than S for sure), but nearer the stage end of the block than the block 103 end, and you can tell that from looking at the seat numbering on the default O2 seating plan.

Thanks, checking regularly. Your info is very appreciated as I never been at The O2. Just been trying to understand the seating plans and rows within the blocks.

Date: October 25, 2012 22:55

Memorymotel62
paulywaul
Memorymotel62

Thanks, checking regularly. Your info is very appreciated as I never been at The O2. Just been trying to understand the seating plans and rows within the blocks.

A pleasure, wish you luck in getting what you want .........

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: October 26, 2012 00:38

in the end the shows won't sell out! what a disaster. There are about 2000 tickets on viagogo right now for both shows. all the packages aren't sell out and even the good seats in Block 106/107 are available for hours now. maybe they will rotate the stage like they did in germany 2007 so the arena looks sold out

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 26, 2012 00:48

This site shows number of tickets available on Viagogo, GetMeIn and Seatwave etc. for all four shows. Nearly the same amount of tickets are available for each show. Very fishy.

[tickets.telegraph.co.uk]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-26 00:49 by Beast.

Posted by: belld ()
Date: October 26, 2012 00:54

Beast
This site shows number of tickets available on Viagogo, GetMeIn and Seatwave etc. for all four shows. Nearly the same amount of tickets are available for each show. Very fishy.

[tickets.telegraph.co.uk]
It amounts to a lot of squid. The real fans get battered. No plaice for us.
I got the Silver Darlings.
In agreement Lachie the Lobster.

Date: October 26, 2012 00:54

hockenheim95
in the end the shows won't sell out! what a disaster. There are about 2000 tickets on viagogo right now for both shows. all the packages aren't sell out and even the good seats in Block 106/107 are available for hours now. maybe they will rotate the stage like they did in germany 2007 so the arena looks sold out

Well there's no doubting two things in particular.

ONE - there are absolutely shitloads of tickets for sale between EBAY, VIAGOGO, SEATWAVE, GETMEIN, and DOUBLE8TICKETS, not to mention the various hotel packages, the VIP packages.

TWO - even allowing for the substantial quantity of seats for re-sale at inflated prices that these organisations hold, we are clearly seeing that the primary ticket agencies are still continuing to drip-feed tickets.

Add the two together, and what do you conclude ? You can only conclude that (a) it is not sold out, and (b) those secondary sites and some of those idiotic optimists on ebay had better drop their prices, otherwise there'll be a load of vacant seats in there on the 25th & 29th. Either that, or those seats will be occupied by pissed off scalpers who are having to grit their teeth and sit through a show that they actually had no intention of attending when they bought the ticket(s) ........... !!

Date: October 26, 2012 12:42

paulywaul
Blocks 106, 107, 103 on SEETICKETS now, seems to good availability in the very low rows, A through to G. Not of interest to me personally (too far away), but just confirms that IT SURE AS S**T AIN'T SOLD OUT. I searched for four tickets time and time and time again, and was offered them with every single search, even in ROW A.

So this SOLD OUT business is total nonsense !!

26th October 10:40 - not much progress in shifting these (as in above) on SEETICKETS - there's wide open availability in blocks 106 & 107 for the 25th, and 106, 107, and 103 for the 29th. Nothing much of interest on TM at the moment ..........

Date: October 26, 2012 13:00

Useful info and good work, Paul - this thread could also be called 'The Official TICKET PRICE DROP thread'!

Date: October 26, 2012 13:05

Very useful as you say, but it's been awfully quiet at TM for a while.... At least for the 25:th.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: October 26, 2012 13:15

The thing to remember is - DO NOT PANIC. Anyone who wants tickets will be able to get them. This whole early tickets thing is a charade. These venues sell the worst tickets first and hold back the good ones until the last minute when they can say - we've got tickets near the front left. This will happen again. Fact.

I'm waiting till the final week before I buy mine - unless of course something amazing comes up beforehand.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 46

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1417
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home