Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 43
Re: Rolling stones secret gig In Paris
Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: October 25, 2012 12:14

argh !! they sold till 163. I had 192 (10' too late). They should have sold for people being here..
only 350 seats since they shoot a video tonight.
Edithgrove has 2 tix. Lucky

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-25 12:17 by toomuchforme.

Posted by: Sici ()
Date: October 25, 2012 12:20

too late for me too.
Turin-Paris in moto need 8 hours.
Best wishes for all the fans
Sici

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 25, 2012 12:23

Have a great time everybody. Wish I could be there with you.

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: October 25, 2012 12:25

FB jagger page :

Had a great video shoot today doing Doom & Gloom with the band & Noomi Rapace, directed by Jonas Åkerlund. Be out in Nov, hope you like it

so tonight they do not shoot ! and it will be a real show.. lucky people

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 25, 2012 12:30

This will just be a short message, more later, as I on my move from my place now in the St Lazare area and on to a place near Le Trabendo.

This was by far the hardest tickt ever. All people think I get to know everything, and that I get what I want from the Stones. Fact is I get very little information, and people tell me less because they think I will tell others and publish, which is a problem for me of course. But then you see who you can trust and who is a real friend and who is what and so on.

It took me all my 41 years of being a hard core Stones fan and all my experience to get this ticket. In the end, when it was official by 8am or so this morning, there were 100+ in the queue, but that was the only ones who got tickets I think. I was in the smallest queue I have been in ever. I arrived into Virgin Megastore as number 15 in the queue. By then I had been scanning the city of Paris for queues and locations all day. The taxi drivers had been driving me large loops when I knew it was much shorter. But I stayed focused, left the cabs and started walking. My years of training paid off, I passed by l'Olympia, Goeorge V, the Megastore, the Mogador and a bunch of other places in search for information and knowledge. I stayed at a place you must have when you do such work. Nearby the estimated location. And I used all other things that need to be a business secret when it comes to being in a queue of just 100 or so lucky people. I must have walked for 12 hours yesterday and tonight. Luckily I managed to get 4 hours sleep from 00:30 to 04:30. I took the risk and I made it, but it was a dangerous risk I know.

So I saw the queue got closed down behind me on Champs Elysee at 9:05 this morning. That was when the Megastore security people came and made it clear this was the place. We were then told we could take one or tow tickets. Big surprise for me, as I travel alone always, I have hundreds of friends on tours but they change from time to time and place to place. Now I have an extra ticket I need to find a person for, a friend that deserve it and who is nearby for this show tonight. But that have to wait until I have found a new place to work from now.

It was surrealistic to get the ticket, so many things happened, so many people with diferent emotions, so many camera people, press, and to walk up to the 2nd floor of the Megastore in the first selected group of people... I am happy.

The ticket was 15 Euro. The camera people asked me if that was ok. I said I would pay a million for it, which is not so far from the truth.

My wife and my family would have to forgive me for the past days and weeks. In order to get such a ticket you must stay focused like a top athlet and I have not been much available as seen from my mind. My brain hs been hooked on Paris, rehearsals, club show and stuff like that. But when you work hard anything is possible. So now I am just as hapy as I am when I am on the top of Kilimanjaro. The same feeling. Plus tonight will top it, the first time we will hear the new song live, the first time I will hear Brown Sugar live without saxophone, the first time I will see the Stones as they werre 50 years ago, with a minimum of backing musicians. Friends I met who saw them and hearded them at the rehearsals say they sound just great stripped down.

So the ticket says:

THE ROLLING STONES
A SHORT WARMUP SET
Jeudi 25 Octobre 2012
LA TRABENDO
20:00
15.00 Euro

And lots other in French which I do not understand, but as there were no wristbands, and we had to show ID, I assume an ID is needed also at the entrance.

More later...

Bjornulf

Posted by: Peterdv ()
Date: October 25, 2012 12:35

very happy for you BV you go man and enjoy it, we will hear it on a boot soon enough :-) you deserve it !!!

Posted by: Slim Harpo ()
Date: October 25, 2012 12:37

Stunning post bv. Well done.

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: October 25, 2012 12:39

Well done Bjornulf.You certainly deserve those tickets for all the enthusiasm and hard work involved.I hope you know someone who you feel realy deserves the ticket.It is such a shame that The Stones do not reward in some way their loyal fans like yourself and many others. winking smileysmileys with beerwinking smiley

Posted by: partnerincrime ()
Date: October 25, 2012 12:40

go BV go, very happy for You and for all the fans who got tkts!

Posted by: djgab ()
Date: October 25, 2012 12:41

thanks for the reports
and enjoy the show !

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: October 25, 2012 12:42

thank you very much BV for the report and you all have a wonderful, even if it's shorts and curly, concert tonight.

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: October 25, 2012 12:44

even when it's short, it can be good !
have a good time in Paris tonight !

Posted by: noughties ()
Date: October 25, 2012 12:46

This is the biggest blah blah thread I`ve ever seen!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: October 25, 2012 12:47

toomuchforme
argh !! they sold till 163. I had 192 (10' too late).

Hi toomuchforme, sorry to hear this. All those hardcore fans queuing in you picture really deserve such a ticket!

Hope you might be lucky if one of those real fans that got a ticket before you might share their secondsecond ticket with you!

Congrats to BV and thanks for the report! (Think my family, also they like the Stones - would kill me...) Looking forward for you report when the gig is finished!

Stoneswolf

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-25 12:49 by Stoneswolf.

Date: October 25, 2012 12:50

Enjoy Bjornulf ! You deserve the tix with such a work to get it.

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: October 25, 2012 12:52

I am really happy bv has got his ticket. Enjoy!

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 25, 2012 12:53

The ticket says short warmup set but I am sure it will be a real show even if they may be play 16 instead of 19 songs. In a crowd of 700 people you do not count songs, you enjoy and are happy to be there. Moving to the Pantin area now...

Bjornulf

Date: October 25, 2012 12:55

Stoneswolf
toomuchforme
argh !! they sold till 163. I had 192 (10' too late).

Hi toomuchforme, sorry to hear this. All those hardcore fans queuing in you picture really deserve such a ticket!

Hope you might be lucky if one of those real fans that got a ticket before you might share their secondsecond ticket with you!

Congrats to BV and thanks for the report! (Think my family, also they like the Stones - would kill me...) Looking forward for you report when the gig is finished!

Stoneswolf

Yes thank you for support Stoneswolf. I will survive anyway smiling smiley
I was too lazy this morning.

Maybe a few 20 more tix for sale during the day ? we can dream. It happened in 2003 (Olympia)

Posted by: Thommie ()
Date: October 25, 2012 12:56

Congratulations, BV! Really admire your decisiveness. I'm sure you will get an unforgettable night.

PS! A tip for the next time: Rent a bike instead of walking. For a day or two. Or the Velib system. The you can move around from place to place much more quicker AND restful.

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: October 25, 2012 12:58

Congratulations, BV!
Can't wait for your report from the show

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: October 25, 2012 12:59

Congratulations BV for all your hard work and determanation to obtain a ticket.

We all know you will enjoy it and look forward to the reports etc.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: October 25, 2012 13:10

bv
The ticket says short warmup set but I am sure it will be a real show even if they may be play 16 instead of 19 songs. In a crowd of 700 people you do not count songs, you enjoy and are happy to be there. Moving to the Pantin area now...

I think they will do 12.
Anyway: have fun!
And... grinning smiley we all expect a full report with sound and video so don't forget to put a smartphone in your crotch or between your shoulder blades!

Posted by: marcovandereijk ()
Date: October 25, 2012 13:16

Dreamer

And... grinning smiley we all expect a full report with sound and video so don't forget to put a smartphone in your crotch or between your shoulder blades!

Ah, I'd love crotch music....

Just as long as the guitar plays, let it steal your heart away

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 25, 2012 13:17

Great post BV, I'm in too, can't believe my luck and while I ran down the Champs Elysées like a man possessed and nearly blew a gasket it was nowhere near your ordeal! Hope to see you tonight!

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: October 25, 2012 13:18

I understand next Monday will be another show, but no tickets will be sold as all 1600 tickets have been sold to a private company.

Mathijs

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: October 25, 2012 13:19

I've just heard on TV (France 3) that the show should last about 30 minutes.

Posted by: henrik87 ()
Date: October 25, 2012 13:19

Congratulations BV! You really deserve the ticket after all your hard work! Have fun and enjoy the show. I am looking forward to your review after the show!

Posted by: Mr Jimmy ()
Date: October 25, 2012 13:21

Cool news!

What's your favourite flavour?...........Cherry Red!!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 25, 2012 13:22

Well done Bjornulf. Congratulations

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: crawdaddy ()
Date: October 25, 2012 13:22

It will be interesting to see who will play bass.Haven't heard any mention of Darryl or Bill playing at rehearsals but must be one or both of them there.I do hope you manage to get a ticket somehow today toomuchforme .Maybe issue a few more later 'cos 163 x 2= 326 max if all bought 2 tix. Best of luck to you.
You very lucky fans will see the 5 of them play their first show for over 5 years.
Can't wait to see the reviews. >grinning smiley<

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...56789101112131415...LastNext
Current Page: 10 of 43

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1813
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home