Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 43
Re: Rolling stones secret gig In Paris
Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: October 21, 2012 20:56

Like other people, I don't think we can go in the 29 october private gig.

About the real warm-up gig (the 25?): on which radio do you think they'll announce the event and the way to buy tickets?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-21 21:28 by Sister Marie.

Posted by: Edith_Grove ()
Date: October 21, 2012 21:03

midnightranber
Sorry Edith Grove i would like to answer Phd as i said i think you might be right

but the think for us in France is to know if they do one public gig

WHERE THEY SELLTHE TICKETS ???

cause in 95 for the olympia they sold at the virgin but they tell it on the radio

at 8 in the morning but the queue was sold out since 7 in the morning but i was

lucky cause i was in the queue since 2am cause i get the connection where did they

sell the tickets the day before that's why my question !!!!!

You are right. The question is also How They Will announce and When ?

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: October 21, 2012 21:08

From Toronto experience:

- they DO NOT ANNOUNCE until the tickets are on sale (by then it's too late)

- last time (The Phoenix Theatre) a radio station GAVE OUT the location ahead of time and the Stones we not happy with that

- you pretty much have to have SOMEONE who knows where the gig will be

- tickets go on sale the morning of the gig

- you get wristbands first

- you line up for tickets

- you get your ticket and go home

- you come back at night for the gig

That's how it's been done here since 1994.

Bonne chance, mes amis!!

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: October 21, 2012 21:13

Good luck everybody....I stopped daydreaming about the Stones nowadays

Posted by: jpasc95 ()
Date: October 21, 2012 21:19

Maybe we could do something for French and Paris fans, it's to go to Carmignac office : Carmignac Gestion - 24, place Vendôme - 75001 Paris and ask people about the "secret gig"
I advice to go there with a tie and a nice costume !

Posted by: phd ()
Date: October 21, 2012 21:23

I did confuse, you are right. Ain't a noctambule anymore !!!

Date: October 21, 2012 21:25

jpasc95
Maybe we could do something for French and Paris fans, it's to go to Carmignac office : Carmignac Gestion - 24, place Vendôme - 75001 Paris and ask people about the "secret gig"
I advice to go there with a tie and a nice costume !

Indeed. Tie and smart costume.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 21, 2012 21:31

I think you mean a "suit", a "costume" is for a diguise and that likely won't go down too well with these bankers ;-)

For the "public" warmup show I'd also thought about the Trianon as it's rather popular these days and...available on the 25th.

@damnation - I'm curious, what did they say at Mogador, not surprised but well trained ? stuff like "I have no specific recollection";-)

@midnightranber - in 1995 they announced the place was the Virgin Megastore at 10.00 AM on the radio and I got there just at that time as I was more or less expecting it. I didn't queue up as it did not look very promising.

I went to the Olympia the night of the concert to see how it looked and there were a couple of tickets for sale with the wristband and the asking price seemed crazy, something like 300FF, 50€, hehe...how times have changed!

Date: October 21, 2012 22:08

At the trianon i have seen joss stone it is really à great place but no link with rolling stones history such as the olympia. I am really skeptical about à second show for fans.

Do the stones think about their fans after 50 years ?

Posted by: damnation ()
Date: October 21, 2012 23:43

Gotdablues, I would expect ANYONE sitting behind a ticket booth office in France and being mentioned that the Stones would give a show on their premises, either burst out into laugh or being seriously surprised. Unless they know something.

Oh well....tumble the dice....

Posted by: Stoneswolf ()
Date: October 22, 2012 11:37

sent an email to Carmignac, was told of cause that they do not have any information about a RS gig...

Posted by: Bliss ()
Date: October 22, 2012 11:41

Costume=suit en anglais :-)

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 22, 2012 11:45

it will be at pere la chaise, or something like that.
the cemetary where Jim Morrison is buried.
jeroen

Posted by: damnation ()
Date: October 22, 2012 20:51

what makes you think that Jeroen? THAT'S A CEMETARY.....!!!??? Dancing on the grave would be more something for a Misfits concert....

Date: October 22, 2012 21:30

I went today as I do from time to time on a the dedicated french site " Boursorama". To my great surprise ther was on the right side of the intro page an ad by Viagogo for the Stones shwos. And near it still on the same page an ad for Carmignac Investissements. Odd !!! This proved to me that the Stones should have done it really differently . On the other hand it demonstrates that the shows in O2 are far from being sold out. Which give hope for a lot of real fans as for sure sellers will have to provide huge rebate.

Date: October 22, 2012 21:33

Edith_Grove
midnightranber
Sorry Edith Grove i would like to answer Phd as i said i think you might be right

but the think for us in France is to know if they do one public gig

WHERE THEY SELLTHE TICKETS ???

cause in 95 for the olympia they sold at the virgin but they tell it on the radio

at 8 in the morning but the queue was sold out since 7 in the morning but i was

lucky cause i was in the queue since 2am cause i get the connection where did they

sell the tickets the day before that's why my question !!!!!

You are right. The question is also How They Will announce and When ?

A tweet by Treierweiller !!!!

Posted by: SonicDreamer ()
Date: October 22, 2012 23:18

Yeah a Tweet is the best way to reel out a short notice gig nowadays, as it reaches enough people who ya know will wanna bite on it and mobilise.

Date: October 23, 2012 00:23

Let us wait and see...

Date: October 23, 2012 00:31

Another article In French talking about the famous secret gig....possible or not ?

La rumeur fait son chemin: les Rolling Stones se produiraient en concert privé dans la capitale française le lundi 29 octobre 2012. Mais qu'en est-il vraiment?
Un concert secret des Rolling Stones à Paris la semaine prochaine: info ou intox? Difficile de se prononcer tant Carmignac Gestion, l'organisateur de ce supposé concert du mythiques interprètes de (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction), tient à préserver la confidentialité de l'événement. Mais selon le site Internet de l'hebdomadaire Le Point, la véracité de l'information ne fait quasiment aucun doute:

"Lundi 29 octobre, la société de gestion Carmignac invite la crème de la crème à un concert exceptionnel au théâtre Mogador (...) La rumeur bien informée évoque un concert secret des Rolling Stones", explique l'indiscrétion du Point.

La société Carmignac Gestion, qui gratifie régulièrement ses clients avec des concerts privés d'anthologie (Lou Reed, Rod Stewart...), n'a pour l'instant fait aucun commentaire. Seule indice dévoilé: sur les bristol d'invitation adressés à ses clients, Carmignac écrit que ce concert est "the biggest secret event of the year", "le plus grand secret de l'année"!

Les Rolling Stones sont eux aussi restés discrets sur l'événement. Rappelons que Mick Jagger, Kezith Richards, charlie Watts et Ronnie Wood s'étaient retrouvés cet été à Paris pour répéter et enregistrer de nouvelles chansons. Un retour dans la capitale pour un concert en forme de répétition générale de leur tournée "50 and Counting" n'aurait donc rien d'étrange, alors que les quatre rockeurs sont attendus cet automne à Londres et New York pour quatre concerts.

Les prix de ces concerts des Rolling Stones, très élevés, ont d'ailleurs irrité une bonne partie des fans. A croire que les shows live des Stones ne sont réservés qu'à une certaine élite au portefeuille bien garni...

Posted by: HerMajestyBrenda ()
Date: October 23, 2012 00:37

The company that is allegedly paying for this private concert:

[www.carmignac.fr]

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 23, 2012 00:48

So apparently Carmignac have done it before (Lou Reed, Rod Stewart...)...that seals the deal then.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: October 23, 2012 05:53

2007 Secret Barcelona Deutsche Bank Show

Date: October 23, 2012 13:32

Just got a reply from Theatre Mogador where they confirm a private event of Carmignac and where they do not know the program, unfortutantely:

Monsieur,
Nous vous remercions de l’intérêt que vous portez à notre salle de spectacle. Nous organisons un événement à caractère privé pour Carmignac Gestion le 29 octobre prochain, dont la programmation n’est pas connue et dont les places ne sont pas à vendre.
A ce jour, nous vous confirmons que les places de spectacle en vente actuellement au Théâtre Mogador se portent uniquement sur SISTER ACT, CENDRILLON et CYRANO DE BERGERAC. Cordialement,

Liked to know if there will be another club gig at this or another place... Anyone got updates?
Stoneswolf

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: October 23, 2012 14:14

Stoneswolf
Just got a reply from Theatre Mogador where they confirm a private event of Carmignac and where they do not know the program, unfortutantely:

Monsieur,
Nous vous remercions de l’intérêt que vous portez à notre salle de spectacle. Nous organisons un événement à caractère privé pour Carmignac Gestion le 29 octobre prochain, dont la programmation n’est pas connue et dont les places ne sont pas à vendre.
A ce jour, nous vous confirmons que les places de spectacle en vente actuellement au Théâtre Mogador se portent uniquement sur SISTER ACT, CENDRILLON et CYRANO DE BERGERAC. Cordialement,

Liked to know if there will be another club gig at this or another place... Anyone got updates?
Stoneswolf

Probably at the Mogador. Or just go to the rehearsals and ask them when they get out of the limo or catch the latest rumours if they are already inside.

Date: October 23, 2012 14:30

Dreamer
Probably at the Mogador. Or just go to the rehearsals and ask them when they get out of the limo or catch the latest rumours if they are already inside.

Mogador is only available on Mondays. As the gig was not yesterday and next week is the banker party its unlikely to have another club gig there before the Carmignac event.

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: October 23, 2012 15:37

schillid

Thanks for posting this. Looks like the bankers were a pretty good audience.
Even for a song they were unfamiliar with.

No wonder the Stones are sticking with bankers for the club gig(s). Good
audience plus they get paid $6 or $7 mill.

Right?

So also no wonder they're charging what they're charging at O2 and the Pru.
Just as rocking an audience as you'd probably get from a fan club (not as
knowlegable of course, but knowlege can just screw up emotion sometimes).
Plus they get paid $6 or $7 mill.

I think I'm starting to see the light about these shows. These shows won't be
any better or any worse because of the audience they've chosen. The Stones will
either come through brilliantly or they won't. They've certainly put a lot of
pressure on themselves with these prices. Let's hope that, against the odds,
they triumph. Because otherwise, its over.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-23 15:42 by superrevvy.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: October 23, 2012 15:45

Carmignac's invitations are nominative and for 1 person only.
Cellphones and cameras will not be allowed in the venue...

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: October 23, 2012 15:50

superrevvy
These shows won't be any better or any worse because of the audience they've chosen.

On the other hand, you have the added factor of a high-paying audience really
really wishing the Stones well and pulling for them. Because nobody wants to
look like a fool for paying so much. And the Stones of course feed off such
a positive vibe.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-23 15:53 by superrevvy.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: October 23, 2012 15:56

superrevvy
schillid

Thanks for posting this...

You're welcome.

I wasn't actually at that Deutsche Bank show, btw.

Posted by: SwayStones ()
Date: October 23, 2012 16:46

Edith_Grove

Your "some one" is journalist ? You wrote too much and enough... Let us know Buddy

@#$%& Off "Buddy" ,you are even not my "real Edith Grove from IORR grinning smiley

The some one is my brother cool smiley

I am a Frenchie ,as Mick affectionately called them in the Old Grey Whistle Test in 1977 .

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 3 of 43

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2074
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home