Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
O/T Tickets - hey its EASY
Date: October 19, 2012 19:11

Lots of grumbling about stones show ticket prices.

gosh

hey, if you think prices are too high, then DONT GO ok?

is this so hard?

thanks

Re: O/T Tickets - hey its EASY
Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 19, 2012 19:13

Or wait outside the arena and play a waiting game with the ticket sharks. If your in the area...

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: October 19, 2012 19:14

Thanks for your stupid post, bro!

Posted by: ohotos ()
Date: October 19, 2012 19:14

I thought this was a Stones fan board - so obviously a lot of us WANT to go, just too bad that with these prices a lot of us can't!

Date: October 19, 2012 21:48

so you can't go... so what

the thing sold out in minutes.. i doubt the band care who cant afford tickets

by the way, demand was HIGH

know ANYTHING anything at all about SIMPLE ECONOMICS?

high demand - high price..duh

qvit yer whimpering

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 19, 2012 21:55

'sold out in minutes' ? LOL

The tickets appear to have been mostly bought by people who seemed to have an immediate epiphany and decided that they didn't want to go after all!!

Posted by: paulywaul ()
Date: October 19, 2012 21:57

pinkfloydthebarber

gosh

is this so hard?

thanks

How about this for a suggestion to you - on behalf of a great many people that somewhat unsurprisingly are inclined to think the prices are a just a little bit on the high side ...................

F**K OFF with your stupid comments

Is that so hard ?

Thanks

[ I want to shout, but I can hardly speak ]

Posted by: rebelrebel ()
Date: October 19, 2012 22:11

pinkfloydthebarber

is this so hard?

thanks

No, it's not so hard. I get it completely. I can afford to go, went on See Tickets this morning, wasn't offered anything I thought was worth £406 so I didn't buy. That doesn't exclude me from participating in discussions which are very interesting on their own terms because market economics are not the only factor in the discussion.

Date: October 19, 2012 22:38

paulywaul
pinkfloydthebarber

gosh

is this so hard?

thanks

How about this for a suggestion to you - on behalf of a great many people that somewhat unsurprisingly are inclined to think the prices are a just a little bit on the high side ...................

Is that so hard ?

Thanks

not my fault or problem your broke, mate

shoulda saved. high demand equals high prices. its called market economics, look into it sometime and quit crying.

i'll say what I want, and f*ck you all the same

Posted by: otonneau ()
Date: October 19, 2012 22:56

pinkfloydthebarber
paulywaul
pinkfloydthebarber

gosh

is this so hard?

thanks

Is that so hard ?

Thanks

shoulda saved. high demand equals high prices. its called market economics, look into it sometime and quit crying.

"It's called market economics" - great, so what? So market economics is just another name for dog-eat-dog world and you feel like you're a big dog and bark very loud. Tell you what mate, when a mob comes trash your big house and your fast car I'll have a laugh and tell you "it's called jungle economics, ok?" And how do you even know it's not your fault he's broke? Do YOU have any understanding of macroeconomics? What sector do you work in? HOW do you make your money? Is it good money, or is all money good to you? It's called ethics you neocon moron.

Posted by: Turd On The Run ()
Date: October 19, 2012 23:05

otonneau
pinkfloydthebarber
paulywaul
pinkfloydthebarber

gosh

is this so hard?

thanks

Is that so hard ?

Thanks

"It's called market economics" - great, so what? So market economics is just another name for dog-eat-dog world and you feel like you're a big dog and bark very loud. Tell you what mate, when a mob comes trash your big house and your fast car I'll have a laugh and tell you "it's called jungle economics, ok?" And how do you even know it's not your fault he's broke? Do YOU have any understanding of macroeconomics? What sector do you work in? HOW do you make your money? Is it good money, or is all money good to you? It's called ethics you neocon moron.

Since when do the Stones give a sh*t about ethics? Are you high or just idiotic? And why the f**ck would you call pinkfloydthebarber a neocon you emasculated, pacifist imbecile? why bring geopolitics into this...other than spreading the clichè, brain-dead leftie myth that any greedy blowhard like the "barber" is a neocon...I know plenty of very greedy and self-obsessed Lefties...so keep your crude geopolitical biases to yourself and re-direct your vitriol at those who deserve it...the Stones and their promoters...

Date: October 19, 2012 23:05

otonneau
pinkfloydthebarber
paulywaul
pinkfloydthebarber

gosh

is this so hard?

thanks

Is that so hard ?

Thanks

your a fright mate; too many asinine questions for your own good which amplify your lack of intellect, obviously

2 shows in the UK and 2 in America, what do you expect?! low prices?

by the way politically i'm left wing, jerk off

and $1,000 to see the stones wrap it up after 50 years far as i'm concerned is a piece of piss. and i dont give a sh*t what you think or how empty your wallet is

go home and watch cross fire hurricane instead

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-19 23:07 by pinkfloydthebarber.

Date: October 19, 2012 23:15

Perhaps you believe you're left wing. You don't even know what it means. I know your kind and I know it's pointless to argue with morons like you but all the same you should know - YOU started this thread with your disgusting pride in making mondey, YOU brag about your @#$%& dollars and want people to know you're rich, and can't even let them voice their natural complain that it seems so obvious now that the only way to price something is to charge as much as you can.

This is not about the Rolling Stones or about the London show, this is about your cocky obnoxious bragging and your pointless belief that whatever you can charge is the right thing to charge. Tell you something buster, my intellect is doing fine and I can reason the hell out of you in my sleep. I have everything I need to face up to idiots like you, but what would be the point? Starting a thread like this shows you're past the point of argument. You need to be put in your place in a tough way because you are so bloody arrogant and insulting. It's good for you to hear that you are just one little jack-ass waiting to get your ass handed to you and you will.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 19, 2012 23:17

pinkfloydthebarber

No need to doubt it pink, you can be firm in this assumption

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-19 23:32 by Munichhilton.

Posted by: monkeymark ()
Date: October 19, 2012 23:25

pinkfloydthebarber
otonneau
pinkfloydthebarber
paulywaul
pinkfloydthebarber

gosh

is this so hard?

thanks

Is that so hard ?

Thanks

your a fright mate; too many asinine questions for your own good which amplify your lack of intellect, obviously

and $1,000 to see the stones wrap it up after 50 years far as i'm concerned is a piece of piss. and i dont give a sh*t what you think or how empty your wallet is

I would like to suggest that you either get the cap shift & full stop keys on your keyboard fixed or pop back to school for a year or two.

Date: October 19, 2012 23:28

Turdontherun, I know lots of greedy leftists too. A tread like this stinks of "if you don't have money you're a bum" or like the other sucker said, "you should have saved". Reminds me of recent comments in America. Anyway I don't care if I jumped to conclusion, as my logic is clear as crystal: if you believe that offer-and-demand is the only rule by which one should live, you are part of the problem in this world. And that's what the OP posted, so that's what I reply to. Sure the Stones don't care about ethics, and that's why I didn't bother posting in any other threads. But anybody has a right to care, and to say these prices are a pure expression of greed, and to be disgusted by this - even if they're not surprised. And the attitude of the OP is disgusting, hence my reply. You jump the gun, you got as much coming your way. Enough is enough with greedy @#$%&. Don't you worry, there's a fight coming back to you, and it's not (only) happening on internet forums.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-19 23:29 by otonneau.

Date: October 19, 2012 23:29

otonneau
Perhaps you believe you're left wing. You don't even know what it means. I know your kind and I know it's pointless to argue with morons like you but all the same you should know - YOU started this thread with your disgusting pride in making mondey, YOU brag about your @#$%& dollars and want people to know you're rich, and can't even let them voice their natural complain that it seems so obvious now that the only way to price something is to charge as much as you can.

This is not about the Rolling Stones or about the London show, this is about your cocky obnoxious bragging and your pointless belief that whatever you can charge is the right thing to charge. Tell you something buster, my intellect is doing fine and I can reason the hell out of you in my sleep. I have everything I need to face up to idiots like you, but what would be the point? Starting a thread like this shows you're past the point of argument. You need to be put in your place in a tough way because you are so bloody arrogant and insulting. It's good for you to hear that you are just one little jack-ass waiting to get your ass handed to you and you will.

wow

alot of schlock in there to wade through

i started the thread because if the damn prices are too high for your sensibilities, sensitivities and pocketbook, then DONT GO.

barbra striesand fer kerrist sake gets $1500 and she aint even done yet

i guess by saying that i'm' 'bragging' that i'm 'rich' though, hey?

i wouldn't be so stupid to actually expect LOW prices for a 4 show finale ... where MILLIONS of people are after a relative few thousand tickets

you studied MATH, right? or economics 101? doubtful; your a dumbass

should BMW or mercedes lower its car prices just to make yobs like you happy too?

Posted by: john lomax ()
Date: October 19, 2012 23:29

Ticket prices are as high as the market will bear. If they are too high, then people won't pay. But it looks like plenty of people are prepared to pay those prices, and so I think that the Stones and their promoters hVe judged the market well. I wish prices were lower, but thats life. The Stobes aren't under any obligation to perform for free or at some knock- down price. They are a highly unique, rare, N
and valuable commodity with limited and ever-decreasing life-span so it makes complete logical sense that tickets are expensive. Stop complaining and get over it - the Stones don't owe you anything.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: October 19, 2012 23:30

pinkfloydthebarber

gosh

is this so hard?

thanks

But don't you see the point of all these complaints? The Stones are making themselves inaccessible to a great many of their most dedicated fans. It is this very inaccessibility that led the first-generation punks in London in 1976 to write the Stones off as shifty, greedy businessmen. Your "if you don't like it, then don't go" approach does not solve the problem of alienation that many of their fans now feel, and if this pricing trend continues, then it's going to be "God Save The Stones" around here pretty soon....

Date: October 19, 2012 23:32

john lomax
Ticket prices are as high as the market will bear. If they are too high, then people won't pay. But it looks like plenty of people are prepared to pay those prices, and so I think that the Stones and their promoters hVe judged the market well. I wish prices were lower, but thats life. The Stobes aren't under any obligation to perform for free or at some knock- down price. They are a highly unique, rare, N
and valuable commodity with limited and ever-decreasing life-span so it makes complete logical sense that tickets are expensive. Stop complaining and get over it - the Stones don't owe you anything.

- ABSOLUTELY

Hear hear

Date: October 19, 2012 23:40

john lomax

Of course! Anybody can understand this argument! But do you remember Olympia 95? A completely different reasoning back then: you paid 250F (francs! That's 35euros!) for the stadium show; and because a club show costs much less to set up, you paid much less for that. So that tickets would not sold by scalpers, real fans queued all night outside Virgin Megastore and got a bracelet. Can you remember the fun, the excitement, and the athmosphere at that concert? That was a completely different economic logic, but no less valid: calculate your costs, determine a satisfactory margin and charge the corresponding price for you to make that margin. Obviously to apply THAT kind of logic, you need to consider that a margin can be appropriate without being the highest possible.

Are people here even aware of the fact that there are innumerable people out there who do NOT live for profit? That it is even POSSIBLE to have other economic standards than the low of highest return? And that in the case of the Stones, they COULD have decided that they'd bow out in style with, say, a free concert in Hyde Park?

That insane dogma of market-value, believe it or not, is NOT a universal rule.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 19, 2012 23:40

pinkfloydthebarber
john lomax

- ABSOLUTELY

Hear hear

Hang on, he's referring to the Stobes [obviously a local cover band].
pink....which one is it?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 19, 2012 23:57

pinkfloydthebarber
otonneau
pinkfloydthebarber
paulywaul
pinkfloydthebarber

gosh

is this so hard?

thanks

Is that so hard ?

Thanks

Oh dear then...this is going to be difficult to explain away...

Posted by: charlie62 ()
Date: October 20, 2012 00:41

Gazza

The tickets appear to have been mostly bought by people who seemed to have an immediate epiphany and decided that they didn't want to go after all!![/quote

wise words mate

Posted by: lmatth8461 ()
Date: October 20, 2012 00:42

Gazza

The tickets appear to have been mostly bought by people who seemed to have an immediate epiphany and decided that they didn't want to go after all!!
Yep. I'm waiting to see what happens with these hundreds of tickets touts are trying to shift for insane prices. Hopefully end up floating around outside the O2 on the night for a far more reasonable rate.

Posted by: spain73 ()
Date: October 20, 2012 02:01

pinkfloydthebarber
so you can't go... so what

by the way, demand was HIGH

know ANYTHING anything at all about SIMPLE ECONOMICS?

high demand - high price..duh

qvit yer whimpering

Exactly, that's the question... Simple economics is not rock and roll, that's why people's angry. Don't insult us anymore, we're not stupid... btw, go f*** yourself.

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: October 20, 2012 02:06

pinkfloydthebarber

gosh

is this so hard?

thanks
You're right, thanks for the advice, we don't go!

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: October 20, 2012 02:13

pinkfloydthebarber
paulywaul
pinkfloydthebarber

gosh

is this so hard?

thanks

Is that so hard ?

Thanks

Hey Darling, if your balls are full, you can go to the Bois de Boulogne, you'll find your friends with bigger ones than your tiny zgeg.

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: October 20, 2012 02:16

Im thinking this Barber dude is actually Jagger?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 20, 2012 06:14

lettingitbleed
Im thinking this Barber dude is actually Jagger?

Why would Jagger be so ascerbic...doesn't make sense. Pick someone else.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1268
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home