Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 3 of 8
Re: it literally turns my stomach
Posted by: maloup ()
Date: October 19, 2012 17:52

mandrax1972
I love Ronnie's comments a few months back that "we owe it to our fans" to get back together. Hysterical.....

When I read this I could cry

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 19, 2012 17:53

liddas
At the end I decided to pay. Floor, Keith side. I guess I should feel stupid. And somehow I do. But I'm in. At this point I will deal with my conscience the morning after the show.

C

damn you to hell

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()

mandrax1972
I love Ronnie's comments a few months back that "we owe it to our fans" to get back together. Hysterical.....

He said, "We owe it to our RICH fans".angry smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()

yeah, its disgusting

i saw crossfire hurricane yesterday, and it was a disappointment, stops at 1982......

Tickets, not able to get one

Thanks stones !!!

jeroen

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 19, 2012 17:55

2000 LYFH
Max'sKansasCity
Gazza

There comes a time when you have to draw a line in the sand at how much you allow someone to take the piss out of you. Today was mine.

the strange thing is that I feel just as pleased with myself that I was finally able to say 'no' after all this time as a lot of other people are about the fact that they got tickets!

That a nice try... and I admire your logic... and all... but you know... and I know... and we all know.... come the day of the show... you will say to the wife... "Hon, Im off to get some smokes... and out the door you will go... and you will be pulled to the airport... and fly to London.... you will be there.

As soon as you posted your post... that thing in your stomach kicked in... it started that pang in your brain... a wheel started turning... a voice said "must see the Stones"... Must see Stones... why? because it is what we do.

Maybe you will be plucked up by a big bird, pulled into a van, win tickets on the radio... or just get on the plane Blane... but rest assured, come that night.... you will be there... it is what we do.

PS
Don t misunderstand... I believe that you honestly believed what you posted,
you believed that you wouldnt go... but in you heart... you know the deal....

Aint no Stones concert gonna come that close to you and you gonna miss it because of a stupid ticket price... even to make a stand on principal... even if you know the show may not be as good as you have seen in the past... it is what we do.

Im not going either... but it will be a little harder for me... it will take more than a simple 365 mile plane ride... Newark is further, so I will be drawn earlier than the day of the show.... the pull is strong one.... I aint going... but... yeah... I am.... it is what we do.

I SAID I AM NOT GOING!!!!.... and I mean it this time... really!!!... I do... I mean it... it is too far... and too much... and I can not afford to make the trip.... but... yeah... I can.

DAMN IT!!!

So Max, Are You going or Not?confused smiley
Not going.... nope... no way.

There is no way am I going.... but yeah, I am... NO I AM NOT, gotta a draw the line!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-19 17:57 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: October 19, 2012 17:56

I hope they will burn in Hell forever !

Date: October 19, 2012 17:57

maloup

Get a grip - It's only RnR!

Date: October 19, 2012 17:59

2000 LYFH
maloup

You are right and at the end of the Year it's all over,yippie!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 19, 2012 18:00

Max'sKansasCity
Gazza

There comes a time when you have to draw a line in the sand at how much you allow someone to take the piss out of you. Today was mine.

the strange thing is that I feel just as pleased with myself that I was finally able to say 'no' after all this time as a lot of other people are about the fact that they got tickets!

That a nice try... and I admire your logic... and all... but you know... and I know... and we all know.... come the day of the show... you will say to the wife... "Hon, Im off to get some smokes... and out the door you will go... and you will be pulled to the airport... and fly to London.... you will be there.

As soon as you posted your post... that thing in your stomach kicked in... it started that pang in your brain... a wheel started turning... a voice said "must see the Stones"... Must see Stones... why? because it is what we do.

Maybe you will be plucked up by a big bird, pulled into a van, win tickets on the radio... or just get on the plane Blane... but rest assured, come that night.... you will be there... it is what we do.

PS

Aint no Stones concert gonna come that close to you and you gonna miss it because of a stupid ticket price... even to make a stand on principal... even if you know the show may not be as good as you have seen in the past... it is what we do.

Im not going either... but it will be a little harder for me... it will take more than a simple 365 mile plane ride... Newark is further, so I will be drawn earlier than the day of the show.... the pull is strong one.... I aint going... but... yeah... I am.... it is what we do.

I SAID I AM NOT GOING!!!!.... and I mean it this time... really!!!... I do... I mean it... it is too far... and too much... and I can not afford to make the trip.... but... yeah... I can.

DAMN IT!!!

LOL

Stop trying to talk me into it..!

No, I set myself an absolute £200 limit for a ticket and stuck to it. And from what im hearing, the only £150 tickets there were (I never saw any) - which was the only ticket I considered getting - turned out to be behind the stage. So, its just as well I didnt get them.

Musically, I've too many doubts about the band's ability to pull off great shows (and at these prices they HAVE to be great) after all that time off and too many ethical issues with the way these shows have been presented to justify paying a lot of money to see them. Add to that, the fact that since 2007 I've sort of weaned myself away from the absolute 'need' to see the Stones again to the extent where the pre-tour buzz and excitement for me pales to what it used to be.

Now, if I could get a ticket for that club show in Paris next week I'd be there like a shot - decent prices, real fans, intimate venue etc - but a Bolinger sponsored love-in of tossers who are there just to be seen whilst most real fans are stuck in nosebleeds located in outer space doesnt really cut it for me.

Date: October 19, 2012 18:01

2000 LYFH
maloup

burning in hell is too good for them...they were already headed there as it was. we need something much, much worse....let's think about this!!

Date: October 19, 2012 18:04

StonesTod
2000 LYFH
maloup

burning in hell is too good for them...they were already headed there as it was. we need something much, much worse....let's think about this!!

I know what would be worse for them,having to play this four concerts without
audience.

Date: October 19, 2012 18:07

maloup
StonesTod
2000 LYFH
maloup

audience.

yeah, but it would be just our bad luck that these would be some of their greatest shows ever....no, we need something that would be painful for them and joyful for us....

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: October 19, 2012 18:08

rebelrebel
I think people are taking a huge risk on their investment this time round.

I'm looking at it just the opposite. I think it's taking a risk that there will actually be shows next year. I have no doubt that they're being planned. I have considerably less confidence that they'll actually happen. So I'll be trying for the cheap seats in Newark.

Date: October 19, 2012 18:10

Gazza
Max'sKansasCity
Gazza

PS

DAMN IT!!!

LOL

Stop trying to talk me into it..!

No, I set myself an absolute £200 limit for a ticket and stuck to it. And from what im hearing, the only £150 tickets there were (I never saw any) - which was the only ticket I considered getting - turned out to be behind the stage. So, its just as well I didnt get them.

Musically, I've too many doubts about the band's ability to pull off great shows (and at these prices they HAVE to be great) after all that time off and too many ethical issues with the way these shows have been presented to justify paying a lot of money to see them. Add to that, the fact that since 2007 I've sort of weaned myself away from the absolute 'need' to see the Stones again to the extent where the pre-tour buzz and excitement for me pales to what it used to be.

Now, if I could get a ticket for that club show in Paris next week I'd be there like a shot - decent prices, real fans, intimate venue etc - but a Bolinger sponsored love-in of tossers who are there just to be seen whilst most real fans are stuck in nosebleeds located in outer space doesnt really cut it for me.

Yeah.... that ole ticket price limit thing... it always works winking smiley

Flew to Boston back in 2005... without tickets... had a limit of $200... hung around for 2 days (listening to rehearsals and) looking for tickets... and drinking and finally... night of the show.... the Black Peas were off.... and (of course they had released more tickets at the box office)... so we stood in line to see what they had... and got up to the window... and the ticket lady sprang the Ticket IQ test on us...

She said "We have section 801 for $125.00 or
We have section B2 center section on the floor for $453.00....

Guess which we bought?

What the hell does section 801 even mean?
Is that a section in hell?
801?? I never heard of a section that high...

Date: October 19, 2012 18:10

StonesTod
maloup
StonesTod
2000 LYFH
maloup

audience.

yeah, but it would be just our bad luck that these would be some of their greatest shows ever....no, we need something that would be painful for them and joyful for us....

Playing with audience but for free maybe is painfull for them?

Posted by: spain73 ()
Date: October 19, 2012 18:12

Sam Spade
My thought is that Wyman will join them at the 02 shows and Taylor(he's only booked for shows Nov 24 and 30) will join them at the Prudential Center shows.

It could be the reason for the outrageous ticket prices.

Do Mick T. and Wyman justify those prices. I don't think so.
They "should" be included in the shows with no extra charge as a gift to the fans.
If you charge every pound on your fans, you don't respect them.... well... maybe... that's happening... hummmmm eye rolling smiley

Date: October 19, 2012 18:12

maloup
StonesTod
maloup
StonesTod
2000 LYFH
maloup

audience.

Playing with audience but for free maybe is painfull for them?

now you're talking. keep talking....

Date: October 19, 2012 18:15

The moral of the story is they ALWAYS release tickets at the box office day of show.... but be prepped to pay up... but at least the scalpers arent geting the money.

If I was over there... and had connections....
Id ask em.... and go to Paris for that show... that would be awesome!!

Date: October 19, 2012 18:17

Max'sKansasCity
The moral of the story is they ALWAYS release tickets at the box office day of show.... but be prepped to pay up... but at least the scalpers arent geting the money.

If I was over there... and had connections....
Id ask em.... and go to Paris for that show... that would be awesome!!

They are just the Rolling Stones,so stop worrying.

Date: October 19, 2012 18:19

Remember everyone...

They are just the Rolling Stones,so stop worrying.

and dont fritter, be concerned or even think about it.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: October 19, 2012 18:21

Mathijs
The Rolling Stones are the Fat Duck of the entertainment industry.

Mathijs

I miss the time when they were only the greatest rock'n'roll band in the world confused smiley

HMN

Date: October 19, 2012 18:24

Honestman
Mathijs

Mathijs

I miss the time when they were only the greatest rock'n'roll band in the world confused smiley

Yeah those where the days.

Date: October 19, 2012 18:30

Roscoe
rebelrebel
I think people are taking a huge risk on their investment this time round.

I'm looking at it just the opposite. I think it's taking a risk that there will actually be shows next year. I have no doubt that they're being planned. I have considerably less confidence that they'll actually happen. So I'll be trying for the cheap seats in Newark.

Reminds me of Michael Jackson's "50 concerts in London - This Is It" tour. And we know how that turned out!

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: October 19, 2012 18:33

Oh, regarding the Fat Duck and other expensive places.

If you were so enthusiastic about three star food but you didn't have the money to go try it out, I'd be sorry for you.
But bear in mind that people who want to go to those are the richer people in the first place. People who grew up with fine food and who can smell which wine is expensive and which is even more expensive.

People that grew up on sausage egg and chips probably have no aspiration whatsoever to visit the Fat Duck.

And there goes your comparison to the Stones. Because everyone was able to grow up with their music and most of them can't visit them now.

That's why they feel more insulted then when not being able to go to the Fat Duck. And that's the pain we feel now.

Posted by: nanker phelge ()
Date: October 19, 2012 18:41

Feel quite happy that I have (so far) resisted these prices. They are so ridiculous that I have not yet been tempted.

Hopefully there will be more dates next year!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 19, 2012 18:43

This is so cool...I just got this email-

Dearest Stones fans,

We have heard your cries of pain and discomfort.
We don't care

All the Best,
All That Glimmers is Gold

This is a great day!

Date: October 19, 2012 18:53

Munichhilton

Dearest Stones fans,

We don't care

All the Best,

This is a great day!

LOL.

There are a few floating around. Mine just said :

F**k You

Chuck the chainsaw

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: October 19, 2012 18:55

Limbostone
Oh, regarding the Fat Duck and other expensive places.

If you were so enthusiastic about three star food but you didn't have the money to go try it out, I'd be sorry for you.
But bear in mind that people who want to go to those are the richer people in the first place. People who grew up with fine food and who can smell which wine is expensive and which is even more expensive.

People that grew up on sausage egg and chips probably have no aspiration whatsoever to visit the Fat Duck.

And there goes your comparison to the Stones. Because everyone was able to grow up with their music and most of them can't visit them now.

That's why they feel more insulted then when not being able to go to the Fat Duck. And that's the pain we feel now.

There's also people who grew up on bacon, and learned the finer things in life later on. I can't eat in a three star restaurant every week, but I love the experience and I save money for it. So I book a 2 or 3 star restaurent 9 months ahead, and put 50 euro's aside every month so the old lady and me can taste the fine things in live.

If you would have kept 100 euro's per year aside since 2007 you'd saved 500 euro's plus rent to buy a ticket and book a hotel.

Again, it's just childish wining when you say 'we grew up with the Stones, so we deserve cheap tickets now'. I saw U2 in 1984 for 10 guilders (7 euro), and I saw them on their last tour for 150 euro. Did you hear me complaining that I saw them in '84 and now I deserve a cheap ticket? Bollocks.

Mathijs

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 19, 2012 18:59

2000 LYFH
Munichhilton

Dearest Stones fans,

We don't care

All the Best,

This is a great day!

LOL.

There are a few floating around. Mine just said :

F**k You

Chuck the chainsaw

Chuck does seem to get to the point faster than others. I think he's feeling power from his metronome

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: October 19, 2012 19:00

2000 LYFH
Mathijs
What a load of crap. We all have to face the fact that Stones are not a normal band, but an instutution, a museum of 50 years R&R history. Combined with the fact that it will all be over soon: high ticket prices.

Compare it to a very fine 3 Michelin star restaurant. It'll cost you 500 bucks to eat a full menu. Is it worth it? That's up to you -if you think not go dine somewhere else. But you can't go screaming about that the chef used to work at your local pizza parlour when you where young 40 years ago, and that he made $6 pizza's then. The guy's evolved to be a super chef, and the 3 stars he's earned makes it possible for him to charge as much money as he wants. And guess what? Try to book a reservation at Noma in Denmark, or The Fat Duck in London. You won't get one, it's fully booked for the coming 9 months.

Mathijs

Mathijs are you serious, 9 months to get a seat in these restaurants? I would say it's time to expand at any cost!

If you'd expand people would not be paying the big bucks anymore, so you would earn less as overhead will grow. If you decrease the amount of tables you will have to increase prices so less people will be able to afford it, while the chef is not accepting less salary.

This is all just standard simple rules that are applied for years in any industry.

Why do you think that for the last tours many shows wheren't sold out, but had the second tier blanketed? Because you earn more when you sell 20.000 tickets for 100 bucks than 35000 tickets for 50 bucks. More income, less expenses.

Mathijs

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 3 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1435
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home