Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

$99 " PIT" tickets for sale at Newark shows??
Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: October 19, 2012 02:30

Will SOMEBODY verify whether or not there will be a " pit" in front of the stage with no seats, general admission....OMG....and priced at $99??? I heard this was going to happen in the USA shows. Can anyone verify this?

Re: $99 " PIT" tickets for sale at Newark shows??
Posted by: Justin ()
Date: October 19, 2012 02:47

The story that they've "hidden" a few front row seats in the $99 range of tickets has been around for several tours now. I've seen a few success stories throughout the years but can't say someone nabbed one of those seats on every single tour.

I assume you're not shelling out $800 for best available...so you'll have to just do a search based on the $99 level and see what comes up until there are no more seats available.

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: October 19, 2012 10:08

I heard they are $750 plus fees.

Posted by: jbowman2 ()
Date: October 19, 2012 15:01

Back during one leg of the Bigger Bang tour, I was able to pull up two 4th row center tickets on the floor in St. Louis for $99 each. (It was the presale for the legacy fan club members)

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 19, 2012 15:25

They didnt do it for London so they wont be doing it for Newark.

£400 for London (£1100 for the VIP packages) so it'll probably be $750 for the US

Date: October 19, 2012 23:24

Is the $750 the best seats or the crap seats?

Date: October 19, 2012 23:27

And NO justin, I won't be paying $800....I admit to being tempted but I think I'm going to hold out to see what happens in 2013. Maybe these 4 shows are a kind of test to see what's up...but you'd think they'd start out fairly reasonable and work in a few higher tickets in 2013...not that I'm advoacating they rip us off, mind you!
I think all of this SUCKS! Plus I don't have AMEX and none of my friends have one to borrow.

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: October 19, 2012 23:32

$99 gets you seats in a rowboat on the Hudson River.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: October 19, 2012 23:38

mickschix
And NO justin, I won't be paying $800....I admit to being tempted but I think I'm going to hold out to see what happens in 2013. Maybe these 4 shows are a kind of test to see what's up...but you'd think they'd start out fairly reasonable and work in a few higher tickets in 2013...not that I'm advoacating they rip us off, mind you!
I think all of this SUCKS! Plus I don't have AMEX and none of my friends have one to borrow.

That's what I'm going to do too. I figured it'd hurt more to spend all my money on a ridiculously priced ticket and then factor in travel and hotel to the point that if they did tour and came through here in LA--I'd have no money to see them in my own city.

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: October 19, 2012 23:44

mickschix
Will SOMEBODY verify whether or not there will be a " pit" in front of the stage with no seats, general admission....OMG....and priced at $99??? I heard this was going to happen in the USA shows. Can anyone verify this?

yes..the 'pit' in front of the stage is called 'Newark"...

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: October 19, 2012 23:59

lunar!!!
mickschix

yes..the 'pit' in front of the stage is called 'Newark"...

OMG the utter disdain for all things Jersey. Did you get a bad slice of pizza here or something?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-20 00:03 by FrankM.

Date: October 20, 2012 00:27

mickschix
Is the $750 the best seats or the crap seats?

The price range is something like $750 - $99. I would like to think the $750 are the best seats. Then again, the price of the best seats in London also seemed to be the price of most of the nosebleeds bought by gullible fans this morning, so they'll probably move the goalposts again by the time the Newark tickets go on sale, meaning that there'll probably be some $750 tickets which will be located somewhere on a turnpike.

Date: October 20, 2012 00:28

mickschix

They unquestionably are. And the fact that the shows sold well so far doesnt bode well for reasonable prices in 2013.

You dont need AMEX for anything but a specific AMEX pre-sale.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-20 00:29 by Gazza.

Date: October 20, 2012 04:12

Thanks, Gazza. I don't understand WHERE the $99 will be when $750-800 does NOT assure us of the best seats. And you're right, it does NOT bode well if these shows sold out at these crazy prices....guess I will wait to see the entire tour schedule before I decide. Sad, Sad, Sad day...to have to THINK about whether or not I'll go to a Rolling Stones concert.I bet I'll break down at some point and go all out for one show at least. Cry later about the bills!

Posted by: Deathgod ()
Date: October 20, 2012 04:50

I scored $90 front row tix in Sydney on the Bang tour. Thru the fan club.

Date: October 20, 2012 05:05

mickschix
Thanks, Gazza. I don't understand WHERE the $99 will be when $750-800 does NOT assure us of the best seats. And you're right, it does NOT bode well if these shows sold out at these crazy prices....guess I will wait to see the entire tour schedule before I decide. Sad, Sad, Sad day...to have to THINK about whether or not I'll go to a Rolling Stones concert.I bet I'll break down at some point and go all out for one show at least. Cry later about the bills!

The plan is that you intend to spend $99, search for tickets, none of these come up, you crap your pants thinking you wont get in and 'settle' for something that costs you far more.

The same thing happened for the £95 tickets for London and it appears that quite a few people got roped in to paying £400 for tickets in an area where they assumed most would be £95.

$750 doesnt assure you of the best seats simply because probably about half the tickets in the arena are that price.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-20 05:07 by Gazza.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: October 20, 2012 05:11

$99 for in a "pit"? As in "no seats"? An area in front of the stage for standing/Dancing ?
Really? I think I am too old for that sh1t.

Posted by: tipps ()
Date: October 20, 2012 11:16

Well for Springsteen here the nosebleeds are 99 I believe but I'm at the bottom section and I paid 133 for a single so not bad. Sometimes you can score with
only a single. Of course I lined up at ticketmaster and was the first in line. The early bird gets the worm as so to speak.

Date: October 21, 2012 19:53

My sentiments exactly, SCHILLID. I almost got killed in '78, GENERAL ADMISSION, front of stage. Never again, if I can help it!

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: October 21, 2012 20:09

mickschix
My sentiments exactly, SCHILLID. I almost got killed in '78, GENERAL ADMISSION, front of stage. Never again, if I can help it!

1978 is not the same as 2012. Most people up close are in their 50's and 60's. I've been front of stage on a number of Stones shows over the past decade, and it is fairly calm. There is enough room to breathe, and if you feel bad, you can move slightly to the sides out of the scrum.

I managed to get GBP 60 in row 9 for Twickenham in 2006 and I got the Beacon for $28.75, so you never know. But, even if there are some, it will be a small handful.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 21, 2012 20:09

schillid
$99 for in a "pit"? As in "no seats"? An area in front of the stage for standing/Dancing ?
Really? I think I am too old for that sh1t.

Standing? Dancing? Maybe even clapping? Good grief....at a ROCK concert? That's insane..!

=
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 21, 2012 20:16

;

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-22 02:42 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 21, 2012 21:30

They apparently sold 100 pit tix during the FB sale, seemingly none during the general sale (at least no one said they were able to buy one) not sure how many for the VIP package and then they would probably put guests in there too...

Looks like there were a lot of people in the previous "tongue pit" at the 2006 SB, 300, 400 ?

Posted by: LuvGlimmerTwins ()
Date: October 21, 2012 23:27

gotdablouse
They apparently sold 100 pit tix during the FB sale, seemingly none during the general sale (at least no one said they were able to buy one) not sure how many for the VIP package and then they would probably put guests in there too...

Looks like there were a lot of people in the previous "tongue pit" at the 2006 SB, 300, 400 ?

Almost went blindly insane tyring to count heads and arms, but it looks to me as if there are 150-200 in the pit in the above picture. On another site, there is a report that the stage for the 2012 shows is much smaller than the one used in 2006, albeit similarly structured.
As a pit ticket holder, I do hope the legal eagles for the RS have taken precautions to prevent anyone from being smothered to death. grinning smiley

-
Date: October 22, 2012 00:05

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-22 02:41 by Max'sKansasCity.

-
Date: October 22, 2012 01:52

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-22 02:41 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: October 22, 2012 02:13

I know a few people who were in the tongue stage at the Superbowl and they're most definitely hardcore fans.

I think we're a bit premature assuming (as some have) that its going to be the exact same stage. It may not be. As the stage this time will be facing the floor, it may be shaped or pointed a bit differently - otherwise most of the people inside the tongue are going to be over on the left of the stage.

-
Date: October 22, 2012 02:23

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-22 02:41 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 22, 2012 21:13

What's with all these blank messages Max ?

Different shape for the pit in NY apparently :

vs

Could just be the drawing of course.

VIP packages are the exact same price when converted from £ to £, i.e. £1150 and $1850 so there's no reason to think that the individual pit tickets will be around $650...actually maybe not because you don't get the full dinner for $1850...but you can buy just one, it was a double only in the UK.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1879
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home