Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6
Re: On The Red Carpet Right Now (pic)
Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: October 19, 2012 23:27

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
Are they still on the red carpet right now? Or is that "breaking news" broken and has been since?

no..now they are just breaking wind.......and the bank as well...

Posted by: MrEcho ()
Date: October 19, 2012 23:49

Georges
Bill Wyman is THE bass player of the Rolling Stones.

The ONLY one and the BEST.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: October 20, 2012 00:26

Why does Keith wear a bandana that looks like bandage?

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: October 20, 2012 00:29

Stoneage

Keith was in Nam!!!!!

Birmingnam.

The Odeon back in the 70s.

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: October 20, 2012 00:38

Stoneage

To match the color of his hair. At least he's given up that faux-writer's look ofall that hat wearing. When he had the hat and the bandage-dana, from afar it provided the illusion of a fuller head of hair.... Actually Keef takes too many fashion suggestions from Johnny Dipp--those two should stop hanging out....

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 20, 2012 00:41

Manofwealthandtaste

So who is the 6th dude?

Date: October 20, 2012 00:43

Koen
Manofwealthandtaste

So who is the 6th dude?

Keef's railing. "Well we all need someone we can lean on/and if you want it, babe, well you can lean on me"....

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: October 20, 2012 00:58

claudine

unbelievable....a picture of the real rolling stones in 2012.the band looks like it should with the five of them in the picture.bill is freakin awesome,he just shows up after all this time and fits right in like he never left.
they are probably only gonna be doing a few shows here and there and recording occasionally from now on anyway so he definitely should start working with them again.the whole band is now moving at bill speed-slow,easy and steady rollin.

Posted by: klrkcr ()
Date: October 20, 2012 02:26

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-20 02:30 by klrkcr.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: October 20, 2012 05:52

Bill, I heard that there's some great metal detecting areas over near South Mountain and Watchung Reservations not far from Newark -- just to the west. It might really be worth your while to head over here in December...

Posted by: brownsugar86 ()
Date: October 20, 2012 15:32

Erik_Snow
Manofwealthandtaste
A mystery indeed that he wasn't in the official publicity shot or on stage with the rest of the band prior to the screening.

Wouldn't be surprised if it's Rolling Stones themselves, or their company, that simply thinks Taylor don't fit in with them - just by his looks. The same way Ian Stewart was hided away in the early 60s. No kidding....they are shallow enough to think that way, I believe

These shots were taken in the foyer/lobby once the majority of people had been seated at the cinema before the film started. Mick Taylor had gone through to be seated with his family from what I could see. I'm sure they would of called him up to join in the photos if he'd been hanging around as they did with Bill.

Posted by: Kirk ()
Date: October 20, 2012 17:17

What a nice pic!! Bill seems to be happy, Charlie and Keith too, to stand next to Bill. Ronnie is like saying 'I'm proud to be a member of the Stones'!
Now, I think that Bill and Mick T will somehow be there on stage, at least for the London shows. I would be happy to have Bill invited to do 'Paint it black' and then Mick Taylor joining too for 'Love in vain' and 'Midnight rambler'!

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: October 20, 2012 18:05

lem motlow
claudine

unbelievable....a picture of the real rolling stones in 2012.the band looks like it should with the five of them in the picture.bill is freakin awesome,he just shows up after all this time and fits right in like he never left.
they are probably only gonna be doing a few shows here and there and recording occasionally from now on anyway so he definitely should start working with them again.the whole band is now moving at bill speed-slow,easy and steady rollin.

Great picture! Where did Bill's neck goconfused smiley

Date: October 20, 2012 18:52

It's amazing how Keith looks out of place oddly enough.

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: October 20, 2012 20:06

Doxa
The content? Before anyone is reporting:

Oddly, for a film intended to mark 50 years of the group, Crossfire Hurricane treats the Stones' career as having to all intents and purposes ended as the 1970s drifted into the 80s. Richards' 1977 arrest for heroin possession in Toronto is the last significant event discussed, and the band members note how this was the period in which they went from being the group everyone hated to the one everyone loved. The last thing we see before the closing credits roll is aerial footage of the 1981 Still Life tour.

Also they understand when the actual story ended... The Vegas yaers totally neglected!thumbs up>grinning smiley<

- Doxa

ARE YOU SERIOUS???

I had a laugh about the film not covering past 1982 yesterday, but I assumed the last 30 years would have at least have been grazed over, even a montage, something! Do you know what this means?

25x5, made in 1989 - 23 years ago - covers MORE TIME THAN CROSSFIRE HURRICAINE!
I don't know how to feel about this; on one hand, we're missing 60 percent of their "career" or "story" (80s fallout, Bill quitting, The Vegas reboot, breaking cash-cow records). On the other hand, like you say, Doxa, the film ends when The STones ended as a REAL band - which any fan with an iota of sense must acknowledge.

In either case - way to $#!t the bed AGAIN guys! Bahahahahah!!
Man this 50th Anniversary is comedy GOLD!!!

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: with sssoul ()
Date: October 20, 2012 20:32

Manofwealthandtaste

Will take a look through the others tomorrow to see if they are worth posting.

MOWAT, those are gorgeous photos - look at Keith and Charlie lookin just like forever
Thank you for posting those

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 20, 2012 20:49

jamesfdouglas
Doxa

Oddly, for a film intended to mark 50 years of the group, Crossfire Hurricane treats the Stones' career as having to all intents and purposes ended as the 1970s drifted into the 80s. Richards' 1977 arrest for heroin possession in Toronto is the last significant event discussed, and the band members note how this was the period in which they went from being the group everyone hated to the one everyone loved. The last thing we see before the closing credits roll is aerial footage of the 1981 Still Life tour.

Also they understand when the actual story ended... The Vegas yaers totally neglected!thumbs up>grinning smiley<

- Doxa

ARE YOU SERIOUS???

I had a laugh about the film not covering past 1982 yesterday, but I assumed the last 30 years would have at least have been grazed over, even a montage, something! Do you know what this means?

I don't know how to feel about this; on one hand, we're missing 60 percent of their "career" or "story" (80s fallout, Bill quitting, The Vegas reboot, breaking cash-cow records). On the other hand, like you say, Doxa, the film ends when The STones ended as a REAL band - which any fan with an iota of sense must acknowledge.

It's gold Jerry, gold!

BTW, why do they call ovaltine, ovaltine? The jar's round, the mug is round, why don't they call it roundtine?

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: October 20, 2012 21:22

treaclefingers

BTW, why do they call ovaltine, ovaltine? The jar's round, the mug is round, why don't they call it roundtine?

Ovaltine was developed in Berne, Switzerland, where it is known by its original name, Ovomaltine (from ovum, Latin for "egg", and malt, originally its main ingredients). Soon after invention the factory moved out to the village of Neuenegg a few kilometers west of Berne, where it is still produced.
Ovomaltine was exported to Britain in 1909; it was a misspelling in the trademark registration that led to the name being shortened to Ovaltine in English-speaking markets.

[en.wikipedia.org]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Date: October 20, 2012 23:14

MrEcho
Georges
Bill Wyman is THE bass player of the Rolling Stones.

The ONLY one and the BEST.

..besides Dick Taylor and Darryl Jones and Ricky Fenson....and of course on the many many tracks where Ronnie, Keith, Don Was, or all those people on BTB play...

Date: October 20, 2012 23:15

Koen
Manofwealthandtaste

So who is the 6th dude?

the bagman...

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: October 21, 2012 01:52

Pouting leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leaves to getting his useless blonde ass fired.

[thepowergoats.com]

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: October 21, 2012 05:11

jamesfdouglas
Pouting leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leaves to getting his useless blonde ass fired.

Jimmy strikes againeye popping smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: October 21, 2012 06:33

I like at 2:37 Keith looks over at Bill and says, "He's a Rolling Stone."

[www.youtube.com]

Date: October 21, 2012 07:14

24FPS
I like at 2:37 Keith looks over at Bill and says, "He's a Rolling Stone."

[www.youtube.com]

Yes, and then as they head off stage, Keith wraps his arm around him like he's an old long-lost pal. Pretty soon he'll be praising Bill as much as Charlie Watts. Hey, you think Keith is working on trying to convince Bill to rejoin the band?

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 21, 2012 09:54

still amazes me, why Mick Taylor is not there with them..
yeah, allright jagger mentions him, but is that all
jeroen

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 21, 2012 12:36

jamesfdouglas
Doxa

- Doxa

ARE YOU SERIOUS???

Don't worry James, there will be a second episode soon to tell the rest of it. It is called LOSING MY TOUCH: THE FALL OF THE STONES..grinning smiley

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-21 12:37 by Doxa.

Posted by: VT22 ()
Date: October 21, 2012 15:07

lunar!!!
Koen
Manofwealthandtaste

So who is the 6th dude?

the bagman...

Mick Taylor winking smiley

Posted by: latebloomer ()
Date: October 21, 2012 15:24

proudmary
Dreamer
proudmary

Jerry looks (and is!) nice as ever!

Yes, Jerry looks fantastic!

Anita is in good spirit too

Missed all the red carpet pics earlier, thanks to all for posting them. They all look great, love seeing Anita looking so rock and roll, don't get to see many pictures or her or Jerry these days.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: October 21, 2012 19:55

Keith seems so happy...
I want Bill for nov 25

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: October 21, 2012 20:26

Wonderful moment captured on vid. Thank goodness for youtube. If there are any startup guys that deserve their billions, it's them.

Goto Page: Previous123456Next
Current Page: 5 of 6

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1363
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home