Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Hotels in London close to 02 Arena
Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: October 18, 2012 18:53

Can you suggest me some hotels, motels or inns the cheaper ones, perhapse closer to arena? I'll be flying from Zagreb to Gatwick. Thanks!!

Re: Hotels in London close to 02 Arena
Posted by: buttons67 ()
Date: October 18, 2012 19:32

the o2 centre is right next to the underground station called north greenwich.

there isnt really any hotels near to the o2 centre that i know of but there are plenty of cheap hotels in and around london which are within walking distance of underground stations.

the underground is cheap and if your planning to spend the day in and around london wanting to see some sights etc, then a 1 day pass taking in zones 1-4 is your best bet, its around £7 per day and travel is unlimited within these zones for all day, and into the early hours of next morning, handy if you go for a drink post concert.

its a cheap way to see london as i cant see many people arriving in london and only staying in the hotel till its time for the gig.

if you want a pre gig drink or meal, go as far away from the 02 as possible, it is mental and you probably wont get a seat for a meal in the o2 centre or maybe you will wait about an hour till one becomes available.

for cheap hotels book in advance using travelstay.com there is great offers and rooms for around £20-£30 per night.

when i went to the 2007 02 gig, i tried to get a meal and drink at the 02 and ended up going back to bridge street station, walking 5 mins and finding a chinese restuarant, then a pub across the road, i went over to the 02 with 1 hour to start of the concert and had 2 pre concert drinks, you can also buy drinks inside and take them to your seat.

there are plenty things to do and see in london, science museum is great and is free, anything else you want to ask about london i,ll be happy to help.

good luck with finding hotel.

Posted by: Scooby ()
Date: October 18, 2012 19:33

Try Travelodge

www.travelodge.co.uk

They have a place at Greenwich. I've booked 3 rooms for me and a couple of mates for the Sunday, £29 each.

It's about 3 miles from the O2

Posted by: Rollin92 ()
Date: October 18, 2012 19:34

You may wish to look at easyhotels the easyjet branch of hotels, for a bog standard room they are pretty cheap they are all over London. The easyhotel in the Barbican area of the city is relatively speaking close to the o2 arena. I'm staying in another one in West London, cost me £44.00. Also, although a 40 minuteish tube ride I do recommend Huttons Hotel in Pimlico, West London fairly cheap accomodation.

[www.easyhotel.com]

[www.huttonshotel.com]

Posted by: phd ()
Date: October 18, 2012 21:49

Thanks for this.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 18, 2012 22:03

Interested too, although I was thinking of skipping the hotel and catching a train back first thing in the morning.

Travelodge sounds like a deal though and you can always walk back if need be althouh Lewisham nearby doens't have the best of reputations ! Looks like it's just at "Deptford Bridge Underground" too, not sure on which line that is.

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: October 18, 2012 22:03

You can stay ANYWHERE in London.

The Underground will get you to the O2 pretty quick.

Premier Inn is clean and reasonable, they are all over the place.

I stopped in one for Macca 2010 in Earls Court.

(Actually - AVOID the one at Kings Cross - it's next to the bus station and it will drive you insane),

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 18, 2012 22:24

I just updated the IORR pages for the 2012-2013 tour. See the London link, most info is from the O2 shows in 2007:

[www.iorr.org]

I would not stay out anywhere near the Docklands and O2 area. Too remote. Visit the Greenwich median and take a look at the area, but it is rather remote vs the big city and all the great stuff that happens all the way from Oxford Street via Bayswater Road and so on. Most cheap hotels are in or near the Paddington and Hyde Park area, but if the rooms are too cheap then avoid them.

Bjornulf

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: October 18, 2012 22:30

Thank you all for the infos, I will take your advice and probably take a hotel closer to the city!

Date: October 18, 2012 23:28

Thanks for the links BV, are you going to the London shows yourself?

Well The Holiday Inn Express is all booked for the 25th so that takes care of that...

Travelodge looks interesting for a one night stay and to crash after the concert, oh and that will be a nice opportunity to visit the Royal Observatory nearby.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-19 09:37 by gotdablouse.

Date: October 19, 2012 09:37

ok I booked the Travelodge too on the 25th, Scooby will you be walking back to the hotel from the O2 ? Your email is hidden but drop me a line on mine so we can coordinate if you're game for it.

Posted by: Scooby ()
Date: October 19, 2012 11:04

gotdablouse
ok I booked the Travelodge too on the 25th, Scooby will you be walking back to the hotel from the O2 ? Your email is hidden but drop me a line on mine so we can coordinate if you're game for it.

Deffo! Will message ya

Date: October 19, 2012 11:29

Gotcha, I'll be sending you an email with my plans for the day ;-) Thanks again for the tip, £40 for room+breakfast can't be beat!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-19 11:31 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 19, 2012 11:36

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: October 19, 2012 12:03

London is a fantastic place for doing a "rock tour" and other stuff...

"Mick and Keith lived there...", "Mick lives down that road...", "This is Bill's restaurant...", "JFK lived here with his Dad...", "Jimmy Hendrix played his last gig here...", "Look Abbey Road..."... on.. and on... and on... and on...

It's a dream, I always get a buzz.

It's also smelly, dirty, noisy and you're lucky to bump into a real Londoner.

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: October 19, 2012 12:08

St Giles is where stonesvikings and a lot of fans stay at when Stones play.
Located on Tottenham Court Road.

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: October 19, 2012 12:10

phd we have to book our rooms

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Date: October 19, 2012 13:02

bv
I just updated the IORR pages for the 2012-2013 tour. See the London link, most info is from the O2 shows in 2007:

[www.iorr.org]

Just sent you an email for cheap mobile internet access in the UK, can come in handy to stay connected !

Cheap mobile internet access in the UK - I was in the UK this summer and got a T-Mobile SIM card only with their "Pay as you go Everyday Plan" in a shop and it worked great. The SIM card was free and with a £5 top-up (minimum top-up) I got the £5 30 day internet booster for basically unlimited internet (in theory there is a 500Mb cap). They also have a 5 day internet booster for £2.5 or if you don't get a booster, it's £1/day unlimited. Link for "boosters" : [tinyurl.com] (click on the internet tab).

Hope that helps !

Posted by: sjs12 ()
Date: October 19, 2012 13:39

It's not particularly close to the O2 BUT this is in my opinion one of the best hotels in London. All done out in traditional Georgian style.

[www.rookeryhotel.com]

Posted by: LuvGlimmerTwins ()
Date: October 21, 2012 22:55

This thread is a HUGE help to one who has yet to see England.
Much obliged!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1519
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home