Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Should Doom & Gloom be part of a new album instead of 1 of 2 bonus tracks
Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: October 18, 2012 20:06

A new album will be wellcome
Has'nt D&G any chorus??? I don't mind.......has anyone heard the new Dylan album??? It is great and there are 10 minutes songs with no chorus, just verses, and are fantastic indeed!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: October 18, 2012 20:14

i also would love to hear a new album, if they could keep up the quality to match DandG...

but that`s a big if

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 18, 2012 21:40

StonesTod
there's no set formula for making great records. some have taken months or more; others are more spontaneously achieved.

but if the muse ain't there...it ain't there....and it ain't been there for these cats for a very very very very long time now....

That observation fails to a-muse.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 18, 2012 21:48

treaclefingers
StonesTod
there's no set formula for making great records. some have taken months or more; others are more spontaneously achieved.

but if the muse ain't there...it ain't there....and it ain't been there for these cats for a very very very very long time now....

ok....well, when all else fails blame don was....it must be his fault that mick and keith can't write good songs anymore....

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 18, 2012 23:03

StonesTod
treaclefingers
StonesTod

ok....well, when all else fails blame don was....it must be his fault that mick and keith can't write good songs anymore....

Maybe Andrew Oldham can lock them in the kitchen again.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 18, 2012 23:16

71Tele
StonesTod
treaclefingers
StonesTod

Maybe Andrew Oldham can lock them in the kitchen again.

Perhaps ALO can give Was a good swift kick in the backside and run away laughing

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: October 18, 2012 23:42

StonesTod
treaclefingers
StonesTod

.. i was gonna blame Chuck but Don will do.....it just CAN'T be Mick or Keith....can it????? nah.....

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: October 19, 2012 05:09

tomcasagranda
That's the question ?

Doom & Gloom is good, but it would have been better heard on a new album as opposed to a tag-on to a compilation. How many others agree with me ?

As release of new material considered, I think of "Doom And Gloom" quite simply as a maxi-single, consisting of two versions of the A-side and a B-side, that we don't know yet, but soon will.

Then as new material, for the first time in years, not as single taken from an album, (album of new songs, that is), but as independent single release in the same manner as "Jumping Jack Flash" / "Child of the Moon" was in that respect.

I like the thought that the Stones once again have released a single (in reality), meant as single release, as they did so many times in the past.

Posted by: Turner ()
Date: October 19, 2012 06:47

I give you "We Don't Wanna Go Home" - all the great Stones bonus tracks from 2002-2012, (more will come I am sure)
1 Doom and Gloom
2 So Divine
3 Don't Stop
4 Keep Up Blues
5 Dancing in the Light
6 Under the Radar
7 We Don't Wanna Go Home
8 Pass the Wine
9 Precious Love
10 Do You Really Think I Care
11 When You're Gone
12 Plundered My Soul
13 No Spare Parts
14 Don't Be a Stranger

Date: October 19, 2012 16:52

Turner
I give you "We Don't Wanna Go Home" - all the great Stones bonus tracks from 2002-2012, (more will come I am sure)
1 Doom and Gloom
2 So Divine
3 Don't Stop
4 Keep Up Blues
5 Dancing in the Light
6 Under the Radar
7 We Don't Wanna Go Home
8 Pass the Wine
9 Precious Love
11 When You're Gone
12 Plundered My Soul
13 No Spare Parts
14 Don't Be a Stranger

well, I left an important one out...
15. Let It Rock (Live from 2005 Rarities)

Date: October 19, 2012 16:59

Turner
Turner
1 Doom and Gloom
2 So Divine
3 Don't Stop
4 Keep Up Blues
5 Dancing in the Light
6 Under the Radar
7 We Don't Wanna Go Home
8 Pass the Wine
9 Precious Love
11 When You're Gone
12 Plundered My Soul
13 No Spare Parts
14 Don't Be a Stranger

well, I left an important one out...
15. Let It Rock (Live from 2005 Rarities)

And you included a discardable one, Don't Stop.

Date: October 19, 2012 17:24

No, no Don't Stop is pretty solid and the groove works just fine for me especially right around the 1:46 mark. The other three extras on 40 licks, I agree.

Date: October 19, 2012 17:38

Turner
No, no Don't Stop is pretty solid and the groove works just fine for me especially right around the 1:46 mark. The other three extras on 40 licks, I agree.

i was particularly fond of the 2:31 mark....

Date: October 19, 2012 18:03

StonesTod
Turner

Let's not forget the immortal words from some IORR poster (whose name I forgot), so eloquently stated for all to see - You parry, I parry.... until you finally give up and retreat back into the dingy corner from whence you crawled, like Kafka's cockroach.... so come on back for more, you'll tire of your little game sooner or later.

Date: October 19, 2012 19:37

Turner
StonesTod
Turner

Let's not forget the immortal words from some IORR poster (whose name I forgot), so eloquently stated for all to see - You parry, I parry.... until you finally give up and retreat back into the dingy corner from whence you crawled, like Kafka's cockroach.... so come on back for more, you'll tire of your little game sooner or later.

...or something

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: October 19, 2012 23:13

StonesTod
Turner

..i was particularly fond of the silence after the track ended...

Date: October 21, 2012 00:43

lunar!!!
StonesTod
Turner

..i was particularly fond of the silence after the track ended...

i notice that's been a feature in many of the stones songs...they seem to recycle that part alot for some reason....

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: October 21, 2012 07:07

Turner
StonesTod
Turner

HaHa, yes that was me! Glad you liked that bit. You quoted that exactly, even though the thread has been gone for days. In the end, it was a quite enjoyable tennis match as I recall--which funnily enough erupted over the very song named in this thread, which I still don't like and only gave four and a half listens. Don't Stop, on the other hand, I quite like, it's a basic Stones song with catchy guitar riffs and is all the better for not being overproduced. Notice at 3:25 when Mick starts scatting, it's a familiar melody that recalls his vocal scatting on the playout to Tumbling Dice. Don't Stop is a modest, minor song but with several classic qualities. It's one of those Stones tunes you like more and more as time goes on.

Date: October 22, 2012 15:23

stonesnow
Turner
StonesTod
Turner

or something

HaHa, yes that was me! Glad you liked that bit. You quoted that exactly, even though the thread has been gone for days. In the end, it was a quite enjoyable tennis match as I recall--which funnily enough erupted over the very song named in this thread, which I still don't like and only gave four and a half listens. Don't Stop, on the other hand, I quite like, it's a basic Stones song with catchy guitar riffs and is all the better for not being overproduced. Notice at 3:25 when Mick starts scatting, it's a familiar melody that recalls his vocal scatting on the playout to Tumbling Dice. Don't Stop is a modest, minor song but with several classic qualities. It's one of those Stones tunes you like more and more as time goes on.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2001
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home