Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Should Doom & Gloom be part of a new album instead of 1 of 2 bonus tracks
Posted by: tomcasagranda ()
Date: October 17, 2012 22:08

That's the question ?

Doom & Gloom is good, but it would have been better heard on a new album as opposed to a tag-on to a compilation. How many others agree with me ?

Re: Should Doom & Gloom be part of a new album instead of 1 of 2 bonus tracks
Posted by: strettonbull ()
Date: October 17, 2012 22:10

Of course it would.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: October 17, 2012 22:17

I agree, a new album with Doom and Gloom, One more shot, You got it made, Randy Whore and other six songs recorded during the Keef/Jordan sessions.

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 17, 2012 22:47

Yeah...on the other hand I'm not sure they could have stayed focused and given their best at the propect of spending 2 months in the studio as opposed to 4 days for these two tracks...we saw how that worked out on ABB, boring production, boring guitar licks, boring songs, a snooze-fest if you listen to it now...I tried the other day.

Posted by: georgeV ()
Date: October 17, 2012 22:53

Or, add some of the songs they used for the Some Girls special edition?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 17, 2012 23:11

I think we should be thrilled that we actually got something new, that it is good, and that at most, it only costs a buck to download.

Beats most of the other Stones offerings lately!

Date: October 17, 2012 23:11

I think A Bigger Bang was a good(ish) effort: it could have been better with more judicious editing, but the boys could easily have made a nice 10/12 track album nowadays. Is it me, or am I beginning to feel short-changed, feeling Mick and Keith could do better.

I know they are doing the four gigs, and I know prices have gone through the roof, but GRRR will not be bought by me.

The stonesarchive concerts should be issued on cd for Xmas, which is a large gripe on my part, but new material should also be recorded, and released. I wonder if a new album will come in 2013, but I won't be holding my breath.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 17, 2012 23:14

Lets see how it feels after One Last Shot hits the ground

Posted by: billwebster ()
Date: October 17, 2012 23:19

Yes, it certainly would have been a great first single for a new album.
And it's too bad there is no album - or at least not yet.

Date: October 17, 2012 23:27

Why can't we ever just be satisfied.

I'm thrilled that it sounds nothing like the bonus dirge they rammed down our throats in 40 Licks.

"Don't Stop" indeed. Could have titled it, "Stop Already!"

Date: October 17, 2012 23:29

According to the guys who listened in on the rehearsals "One More Shot" is groovier and has a better chorus (not saying much since D&G doesn't really have one).

The good press they got and the good reception they'd get by opening the shows with D&G might make them think of putting out a little album in 2013, 10/12 tracks...they certainly have enough stuff written.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 17, 2012 23:30

A moot question, as it isn't and won't be.

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 17, 2012 23:34

I am in total agreement with you. Yes 2 songs does not a record make. Maybe they have some new sparks they they are still bantering around. I'd love to see a new record but it seems Jagger may have decided that the best way to market the new is with this kind of package.

If the new record sucked, they would be hard pressed to try to charge the big $ for the announced shows and/or the 2013 tour. Risk managemnet is never good for music fans. peace

Posted by: Natlanta ()
Date: October 17, 2012 23:35

yes definitely because there would be more to critique.

Date: October 17, 2012 23:36

A new album couldn't suck more than ABB and that didn't hurt their 2005/2007 tour...and they can't really put out a bad album, at worst it will be boring like ABB and at best entertaining like B2B.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: October 17, 2012 23:38

tomcasagranda
That's the question ?

Doom & Gloom is good, but it would have been better heard on a new album as opposed to a tag-on to a compilation. How many others agree with me ?

how would we know unless we heard the new album first?

Date: October 17, 2012 23:40

71Tele

can questions be moot? i know points can be. what else can be moot?

Posted by: Turner ()
Date: October 18, 2012 00:13

You could make your own "new" album! They have provided enough extras for a double album in the past 6-8 years

Don't Stop, Precious Love, We Don't Wanna Go Home, Plundered my Soul, Pass the Wine, When Your Gone, No Spare Parts etc.

Date: October 18, 2012 00:25

StonesTod
71Tele

can questions be moot? i know points can be. what else can be moot?

At this point, I think your question is moot.

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: October 18, 2012 09:21

agreed with your post.

Posted by: jamesjagger ()
Date: October 18, 2012 13:04

Naturalust
I am in total agreement with you. Yes 2 songs does not a record make. Maybe they have some new sparks they they are still bantering around. I'd love to see a new record but it seems Jagger may have decided that the best way to market the new is with this kind of package.

If the new record sucked, they would be hard pressed to try to charge the big $ for the announced shows and/or the 2013 tour. Risk managemnet is never good for music fans. peace

Interesting what people write on this blog. ABB has been a good album. Its a Stones album. The negativity on this board has become a big joke! There are so many other boards you guys can post ur bullshit

Date: October 18, 2012 13:24

jamesjagger
Naturalust

Interesting what people write on this blog. ABB has been a good album. Its a Stones album. The negativity on this board has become a big joke! There are so many other boards you guys can post ur bullshit

James, agreed.

Bigger Bang was, as I posted earlier, a good album. I can happily listen to it, all the way through, without skipping tracks. The same applies for Bridges To Babylon, which is excellent.

Voodoo Lounge wasn't too bad, but there are some tracks I skip past. Steel Wheels material sounds better on the Tokyo 90 download, and while I like some of Steel Wheels songs, I just don't like the recording: it has something of a sheen about it.

Date: October 18, 2012 18:01

tomcasagranda
Voodoo Lounge wasn't too bad, but there are some tracks I skip past. Steel Wheels material sounds better on the Tokyo 90 download, and while I like some of Steel Wheels songs, I just don't like the recording: it has something of a sheen about it.

why all the negativity?

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: October 18, 2012 18:16

jamesjagger
The negativity on this board has become a big joke! There are so many other boards you guys can post ur bullshit

didnĀ“t know this board is a cheerleaderĀ“s one...

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 18, 2012 18:23

jamesjagger
Naturalust

First off this isn't a blog,it a Stones fan bulletin board. The question was asked and honest answers appear, no joke about it. I don't mind if you are happy with 2 new songs and overpriced concert tickets but since the question was asked and I will repeat my answer. Yes I would have liked an entire new record from the Stones instead of 2 songs. If you want to interpret that as a joke or negative be my guest but at least try to see it for what it really is. peace

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 18, 2012 18:27

Let's wait and hear One Last Shot.

We might be awful happy they stopped at 2 songs...

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: October 18, 2012 18:54

tomcasagranda
That's the question ?

Well considering that no one here has heard it on a compilation album yet...
Nevermind, your question hurt my head a bit.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: October 18, 2012 19:07

Munichhilton
Let's wait and hear One Last Shot.

We might be awful happy they stopped at 2 songs...

could be....maybe they do care about their fans after all?

Posted by: MrMonte ()
Date: October 18, 2012 19:50

gotdablouse
Yeah...on the other hand I'm not sure they could have stayed focused and given their best at the propect of spending 2 months in the studio as opposed to 4 days for these two tracks...we saw how that worked out on ABB, boring production, boring guitar licks, boring songs, a snooze-fest if you listen to it now...I tried the other day.

well think about that. Four days for two songs vs. four months for (I believe) 13...

maybe the key is not to spend 4 months "perfecting" the music, but getting in there and going for it, and coming up with ten tracks in say, two weeks or so. Raw, energized, not over-produced.

That would be quite awesome, I believe.

Date: October 18, 2012 19:56

there's no set formula for making great records. some have taken months or more; others are more spontaneously achieved.

but if the muse ain't there...it ain't there....and it ain't been there for these cats for a very very very very long time now....

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2055
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home