Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Is there much difference between the radio and GRRR version on iTunes of Doom and Gloom?
Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: October 17, 2012 06:06

I haven't had a chance to listen to the iTunes version. Could someone explain if there's any difference? Oddly enough, I'm finally coming around to liking the song. I still don't love the dance sort of beat. I'm wondering if thats any different on iTunes. But I will say that a week later, I am sitting around dancing to this track lol.

Re: Is there much difference between the radio and GRRR version on iTunes of Doom and Gloom?
Date: October 17, 2012 06:08

And is it out there on the internet at all? I can only seem to find the radio version and I thought someone had mentioned there was a difference.

Re: Is there much difference between the radio and GRRR version on iTunes of Doom and Gloom?
Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: October 17, 2012 06:31

Radio version is the same as the YouTube lyric video. The iTunes version has different vocal takes, different guitar mix and the syncopated beat is different. ITunes version sounds like the Stones. Charlie's drumming can be heard more clearly. Stops and starts are less defined.

I like both versions honestly.

Date: October 17, 2012 06:47

flacnvinyl
Radio version is the same as the YouTube lyric video. The iTunes version has different vocal takes, different guitar mix and the syncopated beat is different. ITunes version sounds like the Stones. Charlie's drumming can be heard more clearly. Stops and starts are less defined.

Thats what I thought I had heard. Is there anyway to hear the iTunes version without buying it on iTunes? I would just want to hear it first before buying, in case I don't hear as much of a difference and buying wasn't worth it. I can't seem to find it on Youtube or anything.

More than just the preview that is.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-17 06:50 by RollingFreak.

Posted by: swiss ()
Date: October 17, 2012 10:42

RollingFreak
flacnvinyl

Thats what I thought I had heard. Is there anyway to hear the iTunes version without buying it on iTunes? I would just want to hear it first before buying, in case I don't hear as much of a difference and buying wasn't worth it. I can't seem to find it on Youtube or anything.

Thanks for asking - I was wondering this too - hoping someone from iorr till load the itunes version onto youtube!

Posted by: gaigai ()
Date: October 17, 2012 11:30

Is Keith dominant, or at least to hear on the iTunes version?

On Youtube there are only tiny sounds coming from him, not even the riff.

Posted by: Turner ()
Date: October 17, 2012 15:14

Does anyone know which version this one is?
Amazon

Posted by: Carster ()
Date: October 17, 2012 17:05

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-17 17:19 by Carster.

Posted by: NeddieFlanders ()
Date: October 17, 2012 17:43

>Does anyone know which version this one is?

The version on Amazon is the Radio Edit.

The version here refered to as "i-tunes-version" is most probably the GRRR!-album-version.

N

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: October 17, 2012 17:46

Why do they make 2 versions?
Is it just so people will want to buy something else?

Date: October 17, 2012 18:03

So is there anywhere to get this iTunes version aside from buying it on iTunes or buying the GRRR album? I figure those two will be the same and then there's the more widely available radio/single version which is alittle different. Is there absolutely no way to hear the iTunes/GRRR album version unless you buy it on iTunes or wait for the album to come out? I find that impossible in this internet age, but I've been waiting to see if anything would pop up for several days now and now I'm thinking it won't.

Date: October 17, 2012 18:10

As far as I know,there are two versions :

1) Album Version which runs about 4:00 &

2) Radio Mix which runs about 4:07

There is no iTunes exclusive version - thankfully in my opinion due to Apple's sub-standard way of distributing music.

I am 90 % sure that this is the case.

Date: October 17, 2012 18:13

RollingFreak
flacnvinyl

You make it sound like you're buying a double disc set for over $20. It's a SONG. Certainly you can afford to buy one song. The iTunes version is a thousand times better than the youtube version. That has all kinds of goofy shit going on in it. iTunes is The Rolling Stones.

Date: October 17, 2012 18:23

" iTunes is The Rolling Stones " ??????

iTunes is the Rolling Stones lossy & compressed.

..... compressed less efficiently than the benchmark standard for compression which is F.L.A.C. . If you want more compression than FLAC,the L.A. (Losless Audio) format is even more efficient.

Date: October 17, 2012 18:38

Winning Ugly VXII
" iTunes is The Rolling Stones " ??????

iTunes is the Rolling Stones lossy & compressed.

..... compressed less efficiently than the benchmark standard for compression which is F.L.A.C. . If you want more compression than FLAC,the L.A. (Losless Audio) format is even more efficient.

You know what I meant - not all that stupid 'trendy' 'current' 'modern' sounding crap. It's the 'band'.

As far as the compression etc goes, well, nothing anyone can about that.

Posted by: Turner ()
Date: October 17, 2012 18:56

when I checked Itunes, it listed running time as 4:07 - so maybe they are they same

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1936
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home