Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Stones To Steal Limelight From The Rascals Reunion
Posted by: The Sicilian ()
Date: October 17, 2012 03:38

The Rascals reunion for 3 shows will run for three nights, from Dec. 13 through 15, at the newly reopened Capitol Theater in Port Chester, N.Y.

Meanwhile the Stones have booked the Prudential Center in Newark N.J. on the 13th and 15th of December. New Jersey is the Rascals hometown.

This will mark the first time all four Rascals will be playing together live in public in 40 years. No matter how you see it, the Stones will have all the press and headlines and the Rascals will be totally minimized. Too bad the dates conflicted. I guess if your rich you go see the Stones, and if your poor, then head on over to Port Chester to see the Rascals.

That aside it will be a great 3 days for rock music.

Re: Stones To Steal Limelight From The Rascals Reunion
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: October 17, 2012 03:40

Wow. Little Steven's in a pickle! He loves both of these bands!

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: October 17, 2012 03:42

The Sicilian
The Rascals reunion for 3 shows will run for three nights, from Dec. 13 through 15, at the newly reopened Capitol Theater in Port Chester, N.Y.

Meanwhile the Stones have booked the Prudential Center in Newark N.J. on the 13th and 15th of December. New Jersey is the Rascals hometown.

This will mark the first time all four Rascals will be playing together live in public in 40 years. No matter how you see it, the Stones will have all the press and headlines and the Rascals will be totally minimized. Too bad the dates conflicted. I guess if your rich you go see the Stones, and if your poor, then head on over to Port Chester to see the Rascals.

That aside it will be a great 3 days for rock music.

Didn't know New Jersey was a town. Anyway, the Rascals reunion will get exactly the sort of coverage it would have gotten anyway if the Stones weren't in the area--Little Steven's Underground Garage. To be fair, the Rascals aren't as iconic or time-spanning as the Stones. But thanks for posting! There was mention of this in another thread a few weeks back, so it's good to know that there may be some new Rascals product out soon. Great group with a fine run of tunes from the 60s!

Date: October 17, 2012 03:45

Did they ever manage to raise the $100,000 they so desperately needed from fans, 'cause, you know, Little Steven's only worth about $120 million and couldn't possibly just, you know, write a check to cover it all?

Date: October 17, 2012 03:58

tatters
Did they ever manage to raise the $100,000 they so desperately needed from fans, 'cause, you know, Little Steven's only worth about $120 million and couldn't possibly just, you know, write a check to cover it all?

From an article in the NY Times today:

"Mr. Van Zandt has started a fund-raising campaign on the Kickstarter Web site to help underwrite the production, although he intends to finance it himself even if no donations are raised."

Date: October 17, 2012 04:00

The Sicilian
tatters

From an article in the NY Times today:

"Mr. Van Zandt has started a fund-raising campaign on the Kickstarter Web site to help underwrite the production, although he intends to finance it himself even if no donations are raised."

As publicity stunts go, not bad.

Date: October 22, 2012 01:05

This show looks like it may be the best bargain in town now.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 22, 2012 01:14

The Rascals reunion for 3 shows will run for three nights, from Dec. 13 through 15

......wouldn't ya think they'd have included a Sunday afternoon show .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: smashmark ()
Date: October 22, 2012 01:30

they added 3 more shows.....

Posted by: Wry Cooter ()
Date: October 22, 2012 04:47

o be honest, I am far more inclined to see the Rascals shows, just sayin'....

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: October 22, 2012 05:12

Who are the Rascals? (not joking, just dont know)

Date: October 22, 2012 05:18

Doesn't sound like much of a reunion to me ....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-22 05:19 by tatters.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: October 22, 2012 05:22

flacnvinyl
Who are the Rascals? (not joking, just dont know)

Must of had about a dozen top 10 hits between 1965-1970. Must of heard of Good Lovin!

Date: October 22, 2012 05:30

Posted by: tomk ()
Date: October 22, 2012 05:42

tatters

That's what I was thinking. If he wants it so much, let him put up the dough.
On a side note, you have no idea how many drummers I've met who site Dino Danelli
as an influence. Great drummer, yes, but I've been surprised at how many.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: October 22, 2012 05:49

tomk
tatters

That's what I was thinking. If he wants it so much, let him put up the dough.
On a side note, you have no idea how many drummers I've met who site Dino Danelli
as an influence. Great drummer, yes, but I've been surprised at how many.
I thought thats what his plan was. He would try and raise as much money as possible from fans and then he'd front the rest to get it done. Honestly, seems like a nice way for fans and the band to get involved, and there's still a fronter to cover the rest.

Date: October 22, 2012 06:00

Performing at their rock and roll hall of fame induction in 1997. "I wish I could say it was fun," Felix later said.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-22 06:12 by tatters.

Posted by: Wry Cooter ()
Date: October 22, 2012 06:31

tatters
Performing at their rock and roll hall of fame induction in 1997. "I wish I could say it was fun," Felix later said.

Well they all seem to like the bass player!

Posted by: loog droog ()
Date: October 22, 2012 08:49

tatters

I believe that's Eddie's brother David, singing and playing tambourine with Eddie. Back in the day David contributed backing vocals on the Rascals records.

Would love to see these guys. I passed on the reunion tour in the 80's ('86 or '87 I think ) because Eddie opted not to join them. He was the first to leave the group (his "empty shoes" appear in the group photo in the gatefold of Search and Nearness.

The piano intro of "Lonely Too Long" is a thing of beauty, timeless music that still gives me chills.

God bless the Rascals.

Posted by: drbryant ()
Date: October 22, 2012 09:41

tatters

With a little less than three days left, they are almost there. It more of a marketing campaign than anything else. I don't think we'd be talking about it much on this board unless Steven did the Kickstarter thing. For a $50 donation, you get a copy of the live DVD. Not bad at all.

[www.kickstarter.com]

Date: October 22, 2012 10:50

drbryant
tatters

With a little less than three days left, they are almost there. It more of a marketing campaign than anything else. I don't think we'd be talking about it much on this board unless Steven did the Kickstarter thing. For a $50 donation, you get a copy of the live DVD. Not bad at all.

[www.kickstarter.com]
Wow! They got insanely closer than I ever thought they would. I was honestly under the impression that Steve was gonna have to front $80,000. Thats good to know people care about The Rascals though. Should be a fun show for those going.

Date: October 22, 2012 12:28

RollingFreak
drbryant
tatters

[www.kickstarter.com]
Wow! They got insanely closer than I ever thought they would. I was honestly under the impression that Steve was gonna have to front $80,000. Thats good to know people care about The Rascals though. Should be a fun show for those going.

Looks like they got eight $5,000 backers, so that's $40,000 right there. Wonder who they are. Members of the E Street Band? Sopranos cast members?

Date: October 22, 2012 16:36

tatters
RollingFreak
drbryant
tatters

[www.kickstarter.com]

Looks like they got eight $5,000 backers, so that's $40,000 right there. Wonder who they are. Members of the E Street Band? Sopranos cast members?
Yeah, probably people close to Steven or the band. I doubt any of the band actually put their own money into this, but that wouldn't surprise me either. I don't know who would put $5000 into this, but thats just me.

Date: October 23, 2012 23:46

And it looks like he reached his goal!

Over $100,000 at this point and still going.

I know he at least had another $5000 backer since yesterday so who knows who that was. Probably a close friend with money as opposed to an actual fan, but who knows. And who cares as long as it broke the goal. Good for Stevie. Its nice to see his dream come true.

Date: October 24, 2012 01:08

Maybe it was Frankie Valli.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: October 24, 2012 01:18

tatters

I don't know what I'm more surprised about, a Rascals reunion or that Little Steven has $120 MILLIONeye popping smiley

Date: December 10, 2012 17:42

Well if you can't afford a Stones ticket maybe this show is for you.

Date: December 10, 2012 17:58

The Sicilian
Well if you can't afford a Stones ticket maybe this show is for you.
$150 a ticket is kinda more than I'd like to spend on the Rascals too.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1735
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home