Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4
Re: Special Guest Speculation
Posted by: lazzzybones ()
Date: October 17, 2012 00:44

Chuck?

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 17, 2012 01:33

Munichhilton
treaclefingers
James Kirk
They usually have three types of guests.

1/ A superstar from their era - If they were going for pure star power to blow the general public away Paul McCartney singing "I Wanna be Your Man" with them would be a wet dream for the media. Considering Macca's recent close ties with Keith and Ronnie I do not rule this out despite some of the protests it might cause on this board. If not Macca I think that Clapton and Bono would be likely candidates.

2/ Current Superstar - Back in 89 the Stones brought up Axl + Izzy from Guns and Roses. I wouldn't be surprised to see Dave Grohl/Foo Fighters (remember SNL) the Black Keys or Pearl Jam join the Stones on stage...I wouldn't be totally shocked if they brought Adele up on stage. That would be a big headline.

3/ A blues artist who influenced them - Somebody along the lines of Buddy Guy or BB King might fit the bill.

There is also no question in my mind that Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor will play with them during these concerts. All of the living Rolling Stones will share the stage together at some point in the coming weeks. There could be no bigger "guests" than Wyman and Taylor for die hard Stones fans.

Paul won't be there as he's in Vancouver for his own show the 25th...on the other hand, Wyman/Taylor actually would have me considering a PPV.

How much of your Canadian $50 would you like to go to Wyman and Taylor?

all of it...$45 to Taylor, $5 to Wyman.

Posted by: Halup ()
Date: October 17, 2012 02:09

James Kirk

1/ A superstar from their era - If they were going for pure star power to blow the general public away Paul McCartney singing "I Wanna be Your Man" with them would be a wet dream for the media. Considering Macca's recent close ties with Keith and Ronnie I do not rule this out despite some of the protests it might cause on this board. If not Macca I think that Clapton and Bono would be likely candidates.

quote]

McCartney will be on tour in Canada when the Stones play in London, so if he guests, it can only happen at the Newark shows.

Date: October 17, 2012 02:33

Maybe..."Rockman"?

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 17, 2012 03:20

treaclefingers
Munichhilton
treaclefingers
James Kirk

2/ Current Superstar - Back in 89 the Stones brought up Axl + Izzy from Guns and Roses. I wouldn't be surprised to see Dave Grohl/Foo Fighters (remember SNL) the Black Keys or Pearl Jam join the Stones on stage...I wouldn't be totally shocked if they brought Adele up on stage. That would be a big headline.

3/ A blues artist who influenced them - Somebody along the lines of Buddy Guy or BB King might fit the bill.

There is also no question in my mind that Bill Wyman and Mick Taylor will play with them during these concerts. All of the living Rolling Stones will share the stage together at some point in the coming weeks. There could be no bigger "guests" than Wyman and Taylor for die hard Stones fans.

Paul won't be there as he's in Vancouver for his own show the 25th...on the other hand, Wyman/Taylor actually would have me considering a PPV.

That ain't gonna fly with Jagger's people.
You're gonna get a certified letter...

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 17, 2012 03:34

Munichhilton
treaclefingers
Munichhilton
treaclefingers
James Kirk

That's good. I ain't even gonna read 'cept'in its certified.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: October 17, 2012 05:25

Special guests Sons of Beatles and Stones, of course.
The Watchman is tight with KR.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 17, 2012 06:38

stonesrule

How about the Sons of the Sidemen? Is there a Chuck Jr.?

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 17, 2012 06:39

71Tele
stonesrule

How about the Sons of the Sidemen? Is there a Chuck Jr.?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 17, 2012 06:40

toomuchforme
serious answers would be appreciate.

- Mick Taylor if does not spend all the time adjusting the volume rather than playing.

I'd like to see him adjusting Ron Wood's volume - downward.

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: October 17, 2012 07:01

71Tele
toomuchforme
serious answers would be appreciate.

- Mick Taylor if does not spend all the time adjusting the volume rather than playing.

I'd like to see him adjusting Ron Wood's volume - downward.

smileys with beer

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 17, 2012 07:07

treaclefingers
Munichhilton
treaclefingers
Munichhilton
treaclefingers
James Kirk

That's good. I ain't even gonna read 'cept'in its certified.

Y'all sure talk funny up there

Goto Page: Previous1234
Current Page: 4 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1766
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home