Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: I got my tickets! Who else did?
Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: October 15, 2012 20:50

I feel the same way as Doxa so beautifully expressed it.

But I don't want to hear about any fancy hotels!

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: October 15, 2012 20:53

jazzbass
Yes plus VAT. Total cam to $$3750 usd. Ridiculously priced no doubt. However, I've been waiting for this for 5 years. If it is not the last shows ever, so be it. That is only good news. For me, it's a great excuse to taek a vacation to London and just incase it is the last shows ever, I'm gonna do it first class all the way. I've booked first class airfare and 5 star hotel. All in for everything including tickets is about 10K usd. FWIW, I've booked a simila "VIP" package for The Wall and looking back I feel it was worth the cost. A very nice experience that didn't seem like the promote went on the cheap at all. From the Stones web site, the package I puchaced includes: Your hospitality includes:
Premium ticket on the Arena Floor within rows 6 – 12
(Please see map)
Two-and-a-half hours pre-concert hospitality to include;
Champagne Reception
A three course dinner, specially designed by Michelin Star Chef, Angela Hartnett
Selected wines served with dinner
Complimentary bar serving Champagne, wine, beer and soft drinks
Post-concert snacks
1 hour post-concert hospitality to include Champagne, wine, beer and soft drinks
Post-concert snacks
Décor, Music and Lighting
Souvenir show programme or complimentary gift (1 per person)
Private VIP fast track entry
Access pass and documentation for each guest sent in advance
Mark Butler Associates Event Managers and hosts in attendance

I opted not to get tickets in the SRO "tongue" section right against the stage. However, I'm betting this section will be packed with young twentysomething hotties with free passes so to make the concert better camera appeal for the pay per view or videography.

My take is.... I'm 44 years old, my favorite band is in the sunset of their career. I've worked my entire life to be able to do something like this. Is it waAAAAY OVER priced? Hell yes. Will it be an a memory of a lifetime? I think so.

That's really great...congrats!

Take as much video and pics at the show and share with us!

Posted by: proudmary ()
Date: October 15, 2012 20:54

Justin
jazzbass
Yes plus VAT. Total cam to $$3750 usd. Ridiculously priced no doubt. However, I've been waiting for this for 5 years. If it is not the last shows ever, so be it. That is only good news. For me, it's a great excuse to taek a vacation to London and just incase it is the last shows ever, I'm gonna do it first class all the way. I've booked first class airfare and 5 star hotel. All in for everything including tickets is about 10K usd. FWIW, I've booked a simila "VIP" package for The Wall and looking back I feel it was worth the cost. A very nice experience that didn't seem like the promote went on the cheap at all. From the Stones web site, the package I puchaced includes: Your hospitality includes:
(Please see map)
Champagne Reception
A three course dinner, specially designed by Michelin Star Chef, Angela Hartnett
Post-concert snacks
1 hour post-concert hospitality to include Champagne, wine, beer and soft drinks
Post-concert snacks

I opted not to get tickets in the SRO "tongue" section right against the stage. However, I'm betting this section will be packed with young twentysomething hotties with free passes so to make the concert better camera appeal for the pay per view or videography.

My take is.... I'm 44 years old, my favorite band is in the sunset of their career. I've worked my entire life to be able to do something like this. Is it waAAAAY OVER priced? Hell yes. Will it be an a memory of a lifetime? I think so.

That's really great...congrats!

Take as much video and pics at the show and share with us!

jazzbass, have a good time!thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-15 20:54 by proudmary.

Posted by: nanker phelge ()
Date: October 15, 2012 21:37

Will wait until Friday but I think it will be too expensive to justify going on my credit card :-( hopefully some cheaper dates next year

Posted by: steverogan ()
Date: October 15, 2012 21:47

jazzbass
(Please see map)
Champagne Reception
Post-concert snacks
Post-concert snacks

Good for you! I did "The Wall" VIP too ( although I think the package was less money), stayed at the Intercontinental in the West End, and had a great time visiting London- a city I had never been to before-- great time.Wish we had more time there but went to Amsterdam for a couple of days.
Have a wonderful time, savor every moment. We can't take our money with us when we die so enjoy the fruits of your labors.

Posted by: 1969scottyo ()
Date: October 15, 2012 21:50

suprised you can afford a hotel after paying those prices

Posted by: spain73 ()
Date: October 15, 2012 22:00

Jazzbass.-

I think the only valuable thing in your words is the last sentence. I'm gonna be there too, but I'd never pay that money except to be in front of the stage, not for all the other silly things... snacks? Champagne? fast entry? I'd rather be with the boys... 246 GBP x 2 it's already a shame , any pound further than this...hu,,, a robbery? ... I can't see the point...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-15 22:01 by spain73.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: October 15, 2012 22:01

To me it looks like the Amex tickets are the worst in each price-range....eg. the 246£ tickets (Grrrr!!) you can only get level 4 and not level 1

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: October 15, 2012 22:03

Jazzbass, so we see us in the 6th row. A something. ...

Posted by: dewlover ()
Date: October 15, 2012 22:03

"I can't see the point..."

I guess you NEVER heard of greed then...???

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: October 15, 2012 22:05

Grison
Jazzbass, so we see us in the 6th row. A something. ...
I tried and would have got 106 or 107 but way back something.
Wait until the real sales are on. I remember back then in 2007 I had with Amexco still better seats than before like A1 6,5,7th rows for the 3 nights.But I was checking on and off.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 15, 2012 22:05

Harm
To me it looks like the Amex tickets are the worst in each price-range....eg. the 246£ tickets (Grrrr!!) you can only get level 4 and not level 1

you are front of the line tho'!

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: October 15, 2012 22:07

Thanks To Phd I have one for nov 25 ! Thank you

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 15, 2012 22:14

toomuchforme
Thanks To Phd I have one for nov 25 ! Thank you

You mean because you have a phd you could afford one?

Posted by: carlostones10 ()
Date: October 15, 2012 22:15

bought tickets.... around 650 pounds...with taxes and mail.

Posted by: howlinrock ()
Date: October 15, 2012 22:31

Your my kind of fan...

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 15, 2012 22:56

Congrats to those who splurged the cash. At the end of the day chances are you'll never be down to your last $10k if not you'll have other things to worry about so why not.

For the price there could have been a meet and greet with the band, like Chuck, though and soundcheck attendance.

I would have gone for the "Tongue Pit"!

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: October 15, 2012 23:44

Hi everybody!

I got these tix for november 25:

Section
BK A1
Row E
Seats
5 - 6
Description
INCL. VENUE FACILITY FEE £1
ENTRANCE B
Price Level 1
FLOOR SEAT
Type
Ticket + 'Brussels Affair Box Set' (1 box set per 2 tickets)
Ticket Price

£657,25

Prices are horrible, but i can´t resist seeing them once more. Hope to be there november 29 as well, but looking for something cheaper for that date.

Posted by: RSbestbandever ()
Date: October 16, 2012 00:37

jazzbass
(Please see map)
Champagne Reception
Post-concert snacks
Post-concert snacks

I hear ya Jazzbass, way to go. Glad to hear you are going, hopefully as you mentioned it will be a memory to last a lifetime. Hats off to you, have a great time and let us know how it went.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: October 16, 2012 03:05

To all who bought tickets congrats and have a great time!! I'm jealous!!

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: October 16, 2012 03:36

Congrats !!! At least there are no scalpers involved, I hope.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-16 03:37 by custom55.

Posted by: angee ()
Date: October 16, 2012 03:50

Yeah, kudos to you, jazzbass. Since you have the money, I can't think of too
many better things to spend it on, not at the moment, anyway.

spain, yes, I found during the last tour that it was exciting to see them in their
home country.

Congrats, all...even at these prices <cough, cough>

I'll be trying for the Newark tix.

~"Love is Strong"~

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1771
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home