Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
Is 'iorr.org' the worlds leading Stones platform?
Posted by: MegabenAustralia ()
Date: June 1, 2023 10:24

I was lucky enough to have met BV in Sydney in 2003. I joined iorr.org shortly before. I have always wondered if it is the 'biggest' and most 'well known' platform among Stones fans, worldwide....What are the thoughts?

Re: Is 'iorr.org' the worlds leading Stones platform?
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 1, 2023 10:34

Yes. I was even quoted from this site once in an English newspaper concerning the sale of Cotchford Farm. When you Google the Stones you often get references to here among the first few answers.

Date: June 1, 2023 10:39

By far, I'd say.

Posted by: Stoneage ()
Date: June 1, 2023 10:43

For fans I guess. Not for consumers and tourists though. I think the official site and Jagger's social media is bigger in that category.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: June 1, 2023 10:48

Yes...

The Greatest Rolling Stones forum in thee world ...

Beware of imitations ....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: June 1, 2023 11:06

It never ceases to amaze me just how much some folks around these parts know about the Stones .

The knowledge is staggering...

... and must be the sign of a miss spent youth and middle age

Posted by: lem motlow ()
Date: June 1, 2023 11:13

It is without a doubt THE go to Rolling Stones site.
BV should be extremely proud of it.
The format is a 10 on scale of 10. It costs money to run a website and you never see pop up ads or clutter on here.
It’s laid out perfectly , got something to say, log in and say it.want information on something click on a link.

I’m sure most of us have been looking up something and found an article about the band and had it say “ according to IORR”
Put it this way, if you were checking in on stonesworld where would you go first, here or the official site?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-08 12:12 by lem motlow.

Posted by: shattered ()
Date: June 1, 2023 11:23

Since 1792!

Posted by: SimonN ()
Date: June 1, 2023 12:05

Hello,

Yes.

Cheers,

Simon.

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: June 1, 2023 12:17

shattered
Since 1792!

Oh yeah...
Imagine that 100 years from now the sole thing people from the 22th century might remember about IORR.org will be the "1792 tour" thread... grinning smiley

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: June 1, 2023 12:23

NO contest - IORR wins hands down every time.

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: June 1, 2023 12:28

It's the biggest RS forum yes. But fora in general aren't that populair anymore since facebook groups and the such (unfortunately). There was a pretty active Dutch RS forum (stonesforum.nl) on which I used to post a lot. But they started a FB group en 90% of the community moved there, so it's kinda dead now. I prefer the simplicity of fora over FB pages, I'm very glad that this one is still pretty active, so I started posting here a lot since then.

I visit IORR daily, to check for news or just chat with other fans about songs, albums or other RS related subjects and I'd like to thank BV for his efforts! But to be honest, the layout could use some fresh paint here and there and it would be nice if we could use avatars, insert YB video's and could use some more emoticons..

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-01 12:29 by ribbelchips.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: June 1, 2023 14:01

YES

Easy to navigate. bv does a great job!

Posted by: bv ()
Date: June 1, 2023 14:03

IORR is the world's largest non-profit Rolling Stones web site. There are more than two million visitors to IORR every year. Contents have been published on paper since 1980 and online since 1996, there are more than one million online pages of contents on IORR.

What makes IORR unique is the open design and history. All pages have titles, are easily indexed by search engines, and there are no commercial advertisements on IORR, like you find on FB and other commercial platforms. Also, your private data are safe, they are never stored or used for commercial purposes, unlike with FB and other commercial platforms.

About IORR

Bjornulf

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: June 1, 2023 14:21

ribbelchips
It's the biggest RS forum yes. But fora in general aren't that populair anymore since facebook groups and the such (unfortunately). There was a pretty active Dutch RS forum (stonesforum.nl) on which I used to post a lot. But they started a FB group en 90% of the community moved there, so it's kinda dead now. I prefer the simplicity of fora over FB pages, I'm very glad that this one is still pretty active, so I started posting here a lot since then.

I visit IORR daily, to check for news or just chat with other fans about songs, albums or other RS related subjects and I'd like to thank BV for his efforts! But to be honest, the layout could use some fresh paint here and there and it would be nice if we could use avatars, insert YB video's and could use some more emoticons..

I was visiting the stonesforum.nl always back in the days. And after Facebook came up I don’t visit it a lot now. I think besides it is usually all in Dutch/Nederlands, the site was even better than IORR. Easier to find all different topics. It (was) is more organisized by different kind of topics. It has a better lay out. But bv (Bjornulf) has his reason to hold on this lay out. I have to and do respect it and him for doing it. But IORR is the best site for news and all other things you want to know about The Rolling Stones. The Dutch site Stonesforum.nl was back before the Facebook page at least as good, as it was filled by the users with news from all kind of Stones pages from all over the world. But because of the Dutch language/Nederlandse taal not much used outside of the Netherlands/Nederland
But anyway. Great respect for IORR. I visit daily and more. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-03 15:13 by Christiaan.

Posted by: switchblade1975 ()
Date: June 1, 2023 14:24

thank you BV, you rock,

Posted by: Promoman2 ()
Date: June 1, 2023 14:25

Yes

Thank you BV

Posted by: steffialicia ()
Date: June 1, 2023 14:29

Thank you BV

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: June 1, 2023 14:30

ribbelchips
the layout could use some fresh paint here and there and it would be nice if we could use avatars, insert YB video's and could use some more emoticons..

Please no avatars, etc. Before you know it, it looks like one of the other Stones forums smoking smiley

Posted by: LeonidP ()
Date: June 1, 2023 15:08

Well I can say this site got me back into the Stones! ... yes, that's right, I got tired of playing the same songs, branched out to other bands, and I stopped playing my Stones for over a 10 year period, as amazing as that seems to me now. Anyway since I joined, participating in discussions, track talks, etc. I became excited again over the Stones and started listening to them again!

Would that have happened w/out IORR? Probably eventually, but I'm not so sure.

Posted by: babyblue ()
Date: June 1, 2023 15:20

Yes Iorr.org is the best Stones forum on line. I really like the set up. BV has done a great job.It is so imformative.Keep up great work BV.

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: June 1, 2023 15:29

Christiaan

I was visiting the stonesforum.nl always back in the days. And after Facebook came up I don’t visit it a lot now. I think besides it is usually all in Dutch/Nederlands, the site was even better than IORR. Easier to find all different topics. It (was) is more organisized by different kind of topics. It has a better lay out. But bv (Bjornulf) has his reason to hold on this lay out. I have to and do respect it and him for doing it. But IORR is the best site for news and all other things your want to know about The Rolling Stones. The Dutch site Stonesforum.nl was back before the Facebook page at least as good, as it was filled by the users with news from all kind of Stones pages from all over the world. But because of the Dutch language/Nederlandse taal not much used outside of the Netherlands/Nederland
But anyway. Great respect for IORR. I visit daily and more. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

It was a very nice community. I remember some guys (obiously with some connections) fixed wristbands for the FOS area at the ABB shows. So forum members didn't had to come to the festival ground at a very early time.

Nowaways they just charge you an extra $100 for FOS tix.. bloody shame isn't it?

Did you post under the name 'christijanus' there, by the way?

Posted by: Bjorn ()
Date: June 1, 2023 15:53

Yes. And VERY easy to understand. One topic - and you can follow what´s happening and who wrote what. smiling smiley

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: June 1, 2023 16:31

Of course.
Amazing.

Posted by: Nikkei ()
Date: June 1, 2023 16:35

Something that isn't constantly being updated and meddled with is a value in and of itself. Imagine a forum template like this in other fields

Posted by: Christiaan ()
Date: June 1, 2023 17:02

ribbelchips
Christiaan

I was visiting the stonesforum.nl always back in the days. And after Facebook came up I don’t visit it a lot now. I think besides it is usually all in Dutch/Nederlands, the site was even better than IORR. Easier to find all different topics. It (was) is more organisized by different kind of topics. It has a better lay out. But bv (Bjornulf) has his reason to hold on this lay out. I have to and do respect it and him for doing it. But IORR is the best site for news and all other things your want to know about The Rolling Stones. The Dutch site Stonesforum.nl was back before the Facebook page at least as good, as it was filled by the users with news from all kind of Stones pages from all over the world. But because of the Dutch language/Nederlandse taal not much used outside of the Netherlands/Nederland

It was a very nice community. I remember some guys (obiously with some connections) fixed wristbands for the FOS area at the ABB shows. So forum members didn't had to come to the festival ground at a very early time.

Nowaways they just charge you an extra $100 for FOS tix.. bloody shame isn't it?

Did you post under the name 'christijanus' there, by the way?

Yes, an still on stonesforum.nl as on the Facebook page.
Who are or were you ribbelchips? ( the chips must be from Lace as they ar named nowadays?) smiling smiley

Posted by: StonedInGva ()
Date: June 1, 2023 17:12

Well done BV, and thank you!.
This site could not be any better.

Posted by: mariano ()
Date: June 1, 2023 17:37

smileys with beer

Date: June 1, 2023 17:39

I do not know the exact word in english. I would say that the look and feel/look/impression of the site has always been the reason why I have been visiting this site since 1999 (under 2 nicknames, one replaced another). The rest of the sites are a mess to visit them because of the way they display the info.

Posted by: timmyj3 ()
Date: June 1, 2023 19:18

I just want to echo everyone and say this site is the premier Stones site. Big Thanks to BV for keeping this site clean and user friendly.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1995
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home