Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213
Current Page: 13 of 13
Re: Report on Rolling Stones rehearsals in France
Posted by: marclaff ()
Date: November 10, 2012 00:23

Last rehearsals in Paris tonight :

Going Down
I wanna be your man
it's all over now
The last time
get off my cloud
Gimme shelter
ruby tuesday
moonlight mile
All down the line
Going Down
out of control
D&G (x3)
One more shot (x2)
IORR
HT Women --------------Tea break
Before they make me run
happy
Midnight rambler
Miss you
Start me up
Tumbling Dice
Brown sugar
Sympathy for the devil
You Can't always get...

Posted by: bv ()
Date: November 10, 2012 00:30

Thanks to everyone I met in Paris during my travels the past few weeks. It has been some great and friendly days. I will miss Paris. Thanks for the blues, thanks for the rock'n'roll, thanks for your respect for the band while they worked, thanks for the hospitality, and thanks for the Champagne!

PS. I will compile the complete rehearsals lists for publication here on IORR, on a common page, like with the previous rehearsals. Please send setlists if you have, I have some, then we will make it complete and organized within few days.

Thanks!

Bjornulf

Date: November 10, 2012 00:35

I can't believe they're going to open with I wanna be your man!
And please no Ruby tuesday, Lady jane or That's how strong... are better.

Date: November 10, 2012 00:39

They Play "I Wanna Be Your man" like it will be a wake-up call to anyone who are buying beer or simply not ready in the crowd. It is fast, loud, sharp and great. I loved it evey time I heard it at the rehearsals. A great opener.

Bjornulf

Date: November 10, 2012 01:05

Sorry, i bet the song will be played as the second in the set.
The Stones used to hide their openers in the past.
Expect : JJF or satisfaction, may be Paint it black and last tiny possibility OMS

Date: November 10, 2012 01:07

I never took any photos of Stones arriving or leaving in Paris, but when they left after the final rehearsals today we all went a bit mad and made photos, shaking hands and asking for autographs. The Stones were all in a great mood, all smiles, just see the great photos. I took three random shots and they all turned out great. Nice memories! The following is Ronnie, with some familiar fans and a flying pen!

The other photos are posted in the report page of the rehersals visit I wrote up last night:

[www.iorr.org]

Bjornulf

Posted by: carlorossi ()
Date: November 10, 2012 01:17

marclaff
may be Paint it black

Keith always does pretty well with the guitar opening part there, but not with cold fingers, and not before shaking off some nerves. I wouldn't want them to start with that.

Posted by: donvis ()
Date: November 10, 2012 02:32

Going down? From Metamorphosis? Or the blues tune I'm Going Down?

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: November 10, 2012 02:36

Love the photos - thanks for sharing, BV.

Posted by: tumbled ()
Date: November 10, 2012 03:35

BV: Thank you so much for writing such a great review of the mini show and I am very happy you of all people had the chance to get out of the rain and see up close. great little set you had!! Cheers!

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: November 10, 2012 13:02

donvis
Going down? From Metamorphosis? Or the blues tune I'm Going Down?

It's the other way around ;-) And it's the Blues Tune they played.

bv
I never took any photos of Stones arriving or leaving in Paris, but when they left after the final rehearsals today we all went a bit mad and made photos, shaking hands and asking for autographs. The Stones were all in a great mood, all smiles, just see the great photos. I took three random shots and they all turned out great. Nice memories! The following is Ronnie, with some familiar fans and a flying pen!

The other photos are posted in the report page of the rehersals visit I wrote up last night:

[www.iorr.org]

Amazing picture bv, that look in Ronnie's eyes says a lot as to why we made it inside on Thursday I think, they were touched.

Posted by: roundnround ()
Date: November 11, 2012 09:06

maybe they will play Going Down with jeff beck... one of his signature songs...

Posted by: Georges ()
Date: November 11, 2012 12:44

Bjørnulf, thank you very much for all your work: reviews, consistent information and everything… I really appreciate.thumbs up

Date: November 11, 2012 12:55

roundnround

Could be, the fact that they rehearsed it twice means they're taking it seriously and Jeff would certainly have his place on stage with them, because of the great guitarist hunt or 1975 and of his work with Mick, on the solo albums, but also recently at the White House and on SNL.

Posted by: StonesTod ()
Date: November 11, 2012 15:53

gotdablouse
roundnround

Could be, the fact that they rehearsed it twice means they're taking it seriously and Jeff would certainly have his place on stage with them, because of the great guitarist hunt or 1975 and of his work with Mick, on the solo albums, but also recently at the White House and on SNL.

are we talking the stones going down outtake or the don nix standard that the beck group covered?

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: November 11, 2012 16:27

If Jeff Beck will be guest-starring, then there's less of a chance that Mick Taylor will be invited, I'd say. But Taylor used to do Going Down on solo shows.....maybe it is meant for Taylor ?

Date: November 11, 2012 17:00

Erik_Snow
If Jeff Beck will be guest-starring, then there's less of a chance that Mick Taylor will be invited, I'd say. But Taylor used to do Going Down on solo shows.....maybe it is meant for Taylor ?

could it be that they rehearsed the old jimmy oden blues chestnut, going down slow? lots of "blues" acts have done that as part of their farewell repetoire...just sayin

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: November 11, 2012 17:04

It was the Don Nix cover.

Date: November 11, 2012 17:07

gwen
It was the Don Nix cover.

i guess that nixes the idea of the jimmy oden song.

didn't keith do going down with robert cray at a nyc nye gig years ago?

Posted by: gwen ()
Date: November 11, 2012 17:37

StonesTod

He did - also at guitar legends in Sevilla. Mick also played the song at "Celebration of the blues" and at Mustic blues festival in 2005.

Date: November 11, 2012 17:41

gwen
StonesTod

He did - also at guitar legends in Sevilla. Mick also played the song at "Celebration of the blues" and at Mustic blues festival in 2005.

ah, well...they know this song well, then. what could possibly go wrong?

Date: November 12, 2012 02:37

After a bit of "detective" work I think I've established that :
- Rehearsals started on October 1st
- There were 24 days of rehearsal in total

Date: October 23, 2013 18:13

gotdablouse
Made it to the rehearsals today and it was terrific, friendly fans, mindful crew. Arrived for the last hour and heard Respectable, YCAGWY, Paint it Black, YGMR, HTW, Worried About You with a nice falsetto by Mick who wasn't sparing his voice. The windows must have been opened because you could hear them really well, quite an experience! I had my 6 year old with me and Keith's assistant (Bill ?) kindly gave him a pick from Milan 2006.

They waived goodbye from their limos but we only really saw Charlie and Ronnie together in the first car as they had the interior lights on. They left first followed closely by Keith then Mick a few minutes later who stuck out his hand.

Oh and they sounded rather good, Keith's playing on HTW sounded as good as ever, an excellent surprise after last year's worrying videos with Costello and for the Summlin tribute.

What an a amazing Stones year this is becoming, 30 years after I bought my first new Stones album, an exciting single, rehearsals in my neck of the woods, a tongue pit ticket on the 25th, what's next ? ;-)

It was a year ago today, the beginning of a fabulous ride to the front row of HP2 on July 13th...via the Trabendo, the public rehearsal on the mezzanine, the O2, etc...

--------------
IORR Links : Essential Studio Outtakes CDs : Audio - History of Rarest Outtakes : Audio

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2013-10-23 18:15 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: October 23, 2013 18:32

exciting days for sure!

Goto Page: PreviousFirst...345678910111213
Current Page: 13 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1919
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home