Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 13
Re: Report on Rolling Stones rehearsals in France
Posted by: Sister Marie ()
Date: October 23, 2012 00:39

:/

The old friends embraced at the screening of Crossfire Hurricane but Wyman will not be joining the band for their O2 gigs next month.

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 23, 2012 00:47

New reharsals today apparently and still no hint of where that might be taking place...I'm getting so annoyed by that secrecy...

@sister marie - is theworldisstones dead for you too?

Tumblin' Dice
Route 66
It's only R 'n Roll
She's so cold
When the whip comes down
Champagne & reefer
Miss You
Tumbling Dice (again)
Start me up
Midnight rambler
Jumping Jack Flash
Doom & Gloom
Shattered
She's so cold (again)
Some Girls (X2)
RIP THIS JOINT
THAT'S HOW STRONG MY LOVE IS (twice)
Just my Imagination

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-23 00:50 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 23, 2012 00:48

gotdablouse
New reharsals today apparently and still no hint of where that might be taking place...

Tumblin' Dice
Route 66
It's only R 'n Roll
She's so cold
When the whip comes down
Champagne & reefer
Miss You
Tumbling Dice (again)
Start me up
Midnight rambler
Jumping Jack Flash
Doom & Gloom
Shattered
She's so cold (again)
Some Girls (X2)
RIP THIS JOINT
THAT'S HOW STRONG MY LOVE IS (twice)
Just my Imagination

If that's the setlist, that's a little over $100 per song for the Newark show, in the pit.

Posted by: damnation ()
Date: October 23, 2012 00:56

Gotdablues, yes, that website theworldisstones is down... don't know what happened...

Getting a bit frustrated not knowing where they are rehearsing. Back in 2007 at Vilvoorde (Brussels) this was fairly well known, with no incidents and not too more than 20 to 30 people around on the busiest nights.

They also don't seem to rehearse into the late hours.....

Date: October 23, 2012 01:08

gotdablouse
New reharsals today apparently and still no hint of where that might be taking place...I'm getting so annoyed by that secrecy...

@sister marie - is theworldisstones dead for you too?
Oui complètement buggé depuis 2 jours ! Peut-être il y avait une news fondamentale et la police secrète stonienne est passée par là ? grinning smiley

Pour le lieu des répétitions, quelqu'un a posté dans le topic "The Rolling Stones to play London and Newark Nov/Dec 2012" que c'est à la Plaine St-Denis, aux studios de Luc Besson... Juste supposition parce que c'est dans le 93 ?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-23 01:12 by Sister Marie.

Date: October 23, 2012 01:28

Thanks, let me check that thread then...but if it's not someone who actually heard them I'm not driving out there.

I thought I was onto something when I noticed a "A la ferme" studios in Bondy, what with the "Barn" mentioned by rockerdeparis but I drove there the other day and that place is closed down. Anyway since Rockerdeparis had written it was in the South of Paris I should have known better. I can understand that the guys sworn to secrecy won't give away the location, but planting false clues is criminal.

Hopefully theworldisstones will come back online, I'm pretty sure there was no secret giveaway for the location, all we got was "au milieu de nulle part", now that's helpful.

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: October 23, 2012 02:52

BluzDude
Exactly who is at these rehearsals (besides the key 5)?
Chuck?
The horn section?
I know Bernard's not there.

Anyone hear Mick Taylor?...Now that would be something! Oh well, maybe the next rehearsal...

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: October 23, 2012 10:37

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
ohnonotyouagain
If I could pick 20 from this list for them to play, I'd pick:

1. Street Fighting Man
2. All Down The Line
3. Bitch
4. Doom & Gloom
5. Going To A Go Go
6. Dead Flowers
7. Lady Jane
8. Sitting On The Dock Of The Bay
9. Little Red Rooster
10. Happy
11. One More Shot
12. Not Fade Away
13. I Wanna Be Your Man
14. Route 66
15. She's So Cold
16. Respectable
17. When The Whip Comes Down
18. It's All Over Now
19. Paint It Black
20. The Last Time

Of course we all know there's going to be a few warhorses, so a more realistic setlist might be something more like this:

1. Street Fighting Man
2. Brown Sugar
3. Honky Tonk Women
4. Doom & Gloom
5. It's Only Rock 'N' Roll
6. Lady Jane
7. Bitch
8. Start Me Up
9. Tumbling Dice
10. Happy
11. One More Shot
12. Not Fade Away
13. I Wanna Be Your Man
14. Route 66
15. Jumping Jack Flash
16. Sympathy For The Devil
17. Paint It Black
18. It's All Over Now
19. Satisfaction
20. The Last Time

That would be a damn fine setlist in my humble opinion.

Can we get one that is nowhere near your humble opinion but possibly something rather, well... something.

Why should they play 20 songs? They hadn't done that on the last tour and they always played fewer songs on the next one since 1982. You cannot expect 20 or more songs at these cheap ticket prices.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: October 23, 2012 12:16

damnation
Gotdablues, yes, that website theworldisstones is down... don't know what happened...

Getting a bit frustrated not knowing where they are rehearsing. Back in 2007 at Vilvoorde (Brussels) this was fairly well known, with no incidents and not too more than 20 to 30 people around on the busiest nights.

They also don't seem to rehearse into the late hours.....

Voir sur Zegut, c'est à St Denis. Je n'ai pas dit chez Besson mais qu'il y a la cité du ciné sur place et que c'est un lieu de tournage. Pour un clip aussi smiling smiley

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Date: October 23, 2012 12:24

Thanks razorback9200, I wasn't far the other day was I, barely 2 kilometers away...guess I'll give it another try today.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-23 12:45 by gotdablouse.

Posted by: toomuchforme ()
Date: October 23, 2012 12:48

seems to be a small studio a bit cheap. Weird

"we know it's a bit late but we hope you don't mind if we stay"

Posted by: beepee2 ()
Date: October 23, 2012 13:18

Thanks Razorback, i've booked a flight from Spain and a stay at a hotel not far from that area for 4 days next week, hopefully i can hear a bit of the Stones !! eye popping smiley

Date: October 23, 2012 23:31

Made it to the rehearsals today and it was terrific, friendly fans, mindful crew. Arrived for the last hour and heard Respectable, YCAGWY, Paint it Black, YGMR, HTW, Worried About You with a nice falsetto by Mick who wasn't sparing his voice. The windows must have been opened because you could hear them really well, quite an experience! I had my 6 year old with me and Keith's assistant (Bill ?) kindly gave him a pick from Milan 2006.

They waived goodbye from their limos but we only really saw Charlie and Ronnie together in the first car as they had the interior lights on. They left first followed closely by Keith then Mick a few minutes later who stuck out his hand.

Oh and they sounded rather good, Keith's playing on HTW sounded as good as ever, an excellent surprise after last year's worrying videos with Costello and for the Summlin tribute.

What an a amazing Stones year this is becoming, 30 years after I bought my first new Stones album, an exciting single, rehearsals in my neck of the woods, a tongue pit ticket on the 25th, what's next ? ;-)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-23 23:36 by gotdablouse.

Date: October 23, 2012 23:38

Thanks Gotdablouse, I was sure you were there and post a review! Hope you can go next days too smiling smiley
And if you hear something about a warm-up gig in the next days (not the private Mogador one, it's not for us), please share!

Posted by: damnation ()
Date: October 24, 2012 00:14

Yeah Marie Sister! I second that! I was considering going to the rehearsals tomorrow night, but it takes me a 2h drive from Orleans (and the damn peage), and I'm even not sure of the exact place. So it would be nice to hear something about the actual show and meet you and Gotdablues there smiling smiley Where are you located Marie?

Posted by: mickschix ()
Date: October 24, 2012 02:15

Nothing there that persuades me to part with $800+...

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: October 24, 2012 02:59

This just popped up on my Facebook. 10-23 rehearsal set list

Why the F are they still forcing "You Got Me Rockin" on us? It's like they are trying to prove they had a hit post Tattoo You.

Wayne Perkins guesting on "Worried about you"?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-24 03:10 by jazzbass.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: October 24, 2012 03:33

If the setlists are indications of what they may play in New Jersey, I have one word: boring.

Posted by: vermontoffender ()
Date: October 24, 2012 03:42

To paraphrase COL Kurtz:

"The Whi-ning. The Whi-ning."

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: October 24, 2012 03:58

Sister Marie

The old friends embraced at the screening of Crossfire Hurricane but Wyman will not be joining the band for their O2 gigs next month.

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Ah too bad. Well, I feel nearly certain that Bill was invited. He has said as much for past tours (and not simply as a "guest" either). And he (Bill) has previously stated that he would not play any final shows or farewell concerts. "What for?" was his response, though he was pleased to jam with his old mates otherwise. And that appears to be exactly the way it is happening. And so be it then, though I was hoping he had changed his mind.

Mick Taylor on the other hand, reported to have been invited to the informal jam by Keith, recruited by Jagger to do overdubs on the Exile re-release, reported by Ronnie to be getting worked into shape to join them, etc, has gone on record as being interested in both recording with them and playing concerts with them again.

But despite all this, Taylor is barely represented in any group photos for the second time in two months, and not rehearsing or recording with them apparently.

Soooooo Double Bummer....

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: October 24, 2012 04:05

SweetThing
Sister Marie

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Ah too bad. Well, I feel nearly certain that Bill was invited. He has said as much for past tours (and not simply as a "guest" either). And he (Bill) has previously stated that he would not play any final shows or farewell concerts. "What for?" was his response, though he was pleased to jam with his old mates otherwise. And that appears to be exactly the way it is happening. And so be it then, though I was hoping he had changed his mind.

Mick Taylor on the other hand, reported to have been invited to the informal jam by Keith, recruited by Jagger to do overdubs on the Exile re-release, reported by Ronnie to be getting worked into shape to join them, etc, has gone on record as being interested in both recording with them and playing concerts with them again.

But despite all this, Taylor is barely represented in any group photos for the second time in two months, and not rehearsing or recording with them apparently.

Well... you won't hear this being referred to as a farewell tour by anyone in the fold. The name of the tour is "50 and counting..." suggesting it's not the end. While I don't believe there will be very much in the way of touring in their future, I do believe there will be maybe 20 shows in 2013. Just my gut. If ever their was a time and place the London shows would be it. If it doesn't happen there, my bet is it will never happen. Maybe the "secret" gig in Paris?

Posted by: SweetThing ()
Date: October 24, 2012 04:12

jazzbass
SweetThing
Sister Marie

[www.telegraph.co.uk]

Well... you won't hear this being referred to as a farewell tour by anyone in the fold. The name of the tour is "50 and counting..." suggesting it's not the end. While I don't believe there will be very much in the way of touring in their future, I do believe there will be maybe 20 shows in 2013. Just my gut. If ever their was a time and place the London shows would be it. If it doesn't happen there, my bet is it will never happen. Maybe the "secret" gig in Paris?

They just need to heed Ronnie's lyrics...

Date: October 24, 2012 04:33

micawber
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
ohnonotyouagain

1. Street Fighting Man
2. All Down The Line
3. Bitch
4. Doom & Gloom
5. Going To A Go Go
6. Dead Flowers
7. Lady Jane
9. Little Red Rooster
10. Happy
11. One More Shot
12. Not Fade Away
13. I Wanna Be Your Man
14. Route 66
15. She's So Cold
16. Respectable
18. It's All Over Now
19. Paint It Black
20. The Last Time

Of course we all know there's going to be a few warhorses, so a more realistic setlist might be something more like this:

1. Street Fighting Man
2. Brown Sugar
3. Honky Tonk Women
4. Doom & Gloom
6. Lady Jane
7. Bitch
8. Start Me Up
9. Tumbling Dice
10. Happy
11. One More Shot
12. Not Fade Away
13. I Wanna Be Your Man
14. Route 66
15. Jumping Jack Flash
17. Paint It Black
18. It's All Over Now
19. Satisfaction
20. The Last Time

Can we get one that is nowhere near your humble opinion but possibly something rather, well... something.

Why should they play 20 songs? They hadn't done that on the last tour and they always played fewer songs on the next one since 1982. You cannot expect 20 or more songs at these cheap ticket prices.

Wrong answer.

Posted by: melillo ()
Date: October 24, 2012 04:59

buffalo7478
If the setlists are indications of what they may play in New Jersey, I have one word: boring.

especially at those pricessmileys with beer

they must be kidding, the ppv will do me just fine

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-24 05:00 by melillo.

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 24, 2012 05:27

I do not understand this band. 40% of the band (Taylor and Wyman) that made Sticky Fingers through Goats Head Soup are alive and well and in the U.K., and apparently they will not perform with the group. Maybe it's Wyman's choice not to play, but why continue to punish Taylor after all these years. It really turns my stomach, even more than the ticket prices.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: October 24, 2012 05:38

melillo
buffalo7478

especially at those pricessmileys with beer

they must be kidding, the ppv will do me just fine

thumbs up...I don't know about "imagination running away with him" more like from him........and got clean away at that......................

Date: October 24, 2012 09:27

71Tele
I do not understand this band. 40% of the band (Taylor and Wyman) that made Sticky Fingers through Goats Head Soup are alive and well and in the U.K., and apparently they will not perform with the group. Maybe it's Wyman's choice not to play, but why continue to punish Taylor after all these years. It really turns my stomach, even more than the ticket prices.

We don't know if they will perform with the group or not, do we?

It's more natural that they won't be performing, since they're not in the band anymore, but I sure would like to see them on stage in London!

Date: October 24, 2012 16:05

micawber
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
ohnonotyouagain

1. Street Fighting Man
2. All Down The Line
3. Bitch
4. Doom & Gloom
5. Going To A Go Go
6. Dead Flowers
7. Lady Jane
9. Little Red Rooster
10. Happy
11. One More Shot
12. Not Fade Away
13. I Wanna Be Your Man
14. Route 66
15. She's So Cold
16. Respectable
18. It's All Over Now
19. Paint It Black
20. The Last Time

1. Street Fighting Man
2. Brown Sugar
3. Honky Tonk Women
4. Doom & Gloom
6. Lady Jane
7. Bitch
8. Start Me Up
9. Tumbling Dice
10. Happy
11. One More Shot
12. Not Fade Away
13. I Wanna Be Your Man
14. Route 66
15. Jumping Jack Flash
17. Paint It Black
18. It's All Over Now
19. Satisfaction
20. The Last Time

Actually,they started the last tour in Boston @ Fenway Park by playing 22 songs and they stuck with 21 songs for a good while. So,if they follow their pattern,they will start this tour by playing 21 songs and then eventually drop down to 17 if it ends up being a long world tour.

However,being that they only have four shows scheduled,you might be able to figure that they could put a little more into each of the four shows.

Posted by: micawber ()
Date: October 24, 2012 16:51

Winning Ugly VXII
micawber
WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
ohnonotyouagain

1. Street Fighting Man
2. All Down The Line
3. Bitch
4. Doom & Gloom
5. Going To A Go Go
6. Dead Flowers
7. Lady Jane
9. Little Red Rooster
10. Happy
11. One More Shot
12. Not Fade Away
13. I Wanna Be Your Man
14. Route 66
15. She's So Cold
16. Respectable
18. It's All Over Now
19. Paint It Black
20. The Last Time

1. Street Fighting Man
2. Brown Sugar
3. Honky Tonk Women
4. Doom & Gloom
6. Lady Jane
7. Bitch
8. Start Me Up
9. Tumbling Dice
10. Happy
11. One More Shot
12. Not Fade Away
13. I Wanna Be Your Man
14. Route 66
15. Jumping Jack Flash
17. Paint It Black
18. It's All Over Now
19. Satisfaction
20. The Last Time

Actually,they started the last tour in Boston @ Fenway Park by playing 22 songs and they stuck with 21 songs for a good while. So,if they follow their pattern,they will start this tour by playing 21 songs and then eventually drop down to 17 if it ends up being a long world tour.

However,being that they only have four shows scheduled,you might be able to figure that they could put a little more into each of the four shows.

You'll see they won't,

Posted by: Grison ()
Date: October 24, 2012 17:14

After all I am quite surprised that the entourage of the Rolling Stones are not even seen with a glimpse of the eye in Paris or banlieue.
Normally some of your folks disover at least Lisa or Blondie or Bobby Keys or what ever during the rehearsals.
Or will they be really only five on stage including Darryl as mentioned in the Rolling Stone plus guests?????
Just can't imagine.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1489
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home