Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 13
Report on Rolling Stones rehearsals in France
Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: October 14, 2012 02:18

According to the blog RockerParis, the band rehearsed the following songs on October 11 & 12 :

Oct 11 : Miss you, It's Only Rock'n Roll, Tumbling Dice, You Got Me Rocking, Let It Bleed, Sitting On The Dock of The Bay, Respectable, Far Away Eyes, Doom And Gloom, Paint It Black, I Wanna Be Your Man, Not Fade Away, Brown Sugar, If You Can't Rock Me, Some Girls
Oct 12 : Bitch, All Down The Line, Rocks Off, Dead Flowers, The Last Time, Honky Tonk Women, Going To A Go-go, Lady Jane, Doom And Gloom, One More Shot, Shine A Light, You Can't Always Get What You Want, Happy.

Full report here : [rockerparis.blogspot.fr]

Re: Report on Rolling Stones rehearsals in France
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 14, 2012 02:23

kowalski
According to the blog RockerParis, the band rehearsed the following songs on October 11 & 12 :

Oct 11 : Miss you, It's Only Rock'n Roll, Tumbling Dice, You Got Me Rocking, Let It Bleed, Sitting On The Dock of The Bay, Respectable, Far Away Eyes, Doom And Gloom, Paint It Black, I Wanna Be Your Man, Not Fade Away, Brown Sugar, If You Can't Rock Me, Some Girls
Oct 12 : Bitch, All Down The Line, Rocks Off, Dead Flowers, The Last Time, Honky Tonk Women, Going To A Go-go, Lady Jane, Doom And Gloom, One More Shot, Shine A Light, You Can't Always Get What You Want, Happy.

WOW!! Thank you for reporting...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-14 02:31 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 14, 2012 02:26

I Wanna Be Your Man !!!! Funny

Date: October 14, 2012 02:30

Two days after they released it we got our live version......

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: October 14, 2012 02:31

Lord knows how a Vegas-era Stones will tackle I Wanna Be Your Man. I can only envisage it as a B-Stage number.

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: October 14, 2012 02:33

Thanks Kowalski !

The only surprise in the set list is "Sitting on the dock of the bay", and the two new tracks, but congrats to the tapers thumbs up

HMN

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: October 14, 2012 02:39

Charlie is doing some slightly different during the verses when it's just him and Mick....sounds good. I suspect the live version would exceed the iTunes version but be almost as exciting as the radio edit version. Looking forward to hearing it live!

Posted by: Beast ()
Date: October 14, 2012 02:46

Woooooooo! I'll say again that I can't wait to hear this live.

Date: October 14, 2012 02:50

Justin
Charlie is doing some slightly different during the verses when it's just him and Mick....sounds good. I suspect the live version would exceed the iTunes version but be almost as exciting as the radio edit version. Looking forward to hearing it live!

I wonder why Charlie don't hit the drums while mick is singing "But when those drums go boom boom boom"

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: October 14, 2012 03:11

kowalski

Many thanks for the info!

grinning smiley

Posted by: TRS ()
Date: October 14, 2012 03:29

Wonder why they did not post audio of "One last shot" or at least a quick review of it.

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: October 14, 2012 03:30

Wow, awesome group of songs. This is coming from someone that has only seen them once before, but I'd love to hear a ton of these. Let It Bleed, Respectable, Not Fade Away, Some Girls, Bitch, All Down The Line, ROCKS OFF, Dead Flowers, Happy. I'm pretty much just listing all of them lol. But I've only heard 6 of those songs in the one show I've ever been to (and my dad made me leave during Brown Sugar so I shouldn't count that one >grinning smiley<!), so I would love to see these songs live. Bring them em on Stones! I hope they do more than just two shows in the US so it isn't impossible to get tickets.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: October 14, 2012 03:30

This is proof that no-one from the Stones reads this board or if they do they don't give a toss what the fans here would like to hear live next...........
Personally I would nix all of these...........

Oct 11. Miss you, It's Only Rock'n Roll, Tumbling Dice, You Got Me Rocking, Let It Bleed, Respectable, Paint It Black, Not Fade Away, Some Girls (good to hear in '99 but wasn't that great live.........
Oct 12 : Bitch, All Down The Line, Rocks Off, Dead Flowers, The Last Time, Going To A Go-go, Shine A Light, You Can't Always Get What You Want, Happy.

I know Mick was a fan of Andy Warhol and Andy was a fan of repetition but jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez.

How about this..........

Around & Around
Tell me
Honky Tonk Women
Out of Time
We love you
Faraway Eyes
Coming down again, (Mick & Keith)
Child of the moon
Send it to me
You don't have to mean it
Before they make me run
One last shot
If you really want to be my friend
Fingerprint File
Pretty beat up
Midnight Rambler
Street Fighting Man
Doom & Gloom
Don't wanna go home
Jumping Jack Flash
2000 Light years from home
Satisfaction
Brown Sugar

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-14 03:39 by EddieByword.

Date: October 14, 2012 03:35

The last chance for them to play "We Love You"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-14 03:44 by NICOS.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 14, 2012 03:36

Nice stuff. thanks.

Date: October 14, 2012 03:38

EddieByword
This is proof that no-one from the Stones reads this board or if they do they don't give a toss what the fans here would like to hear live next...........

Oct 11. Miss you, It's Only Rock'n Roll, Tumbling Dice, You Got Me Rocking, Let It Bleed, Respectable, Paint It Black, Not Fade Away, Some Girls (good to hear in '99 but wasn't that great live.........
Oct 12 : Bitch, All Down The Line, Rocks Off, Dead Flowers, The Last Time, Honky Tonk Women, Going To A Go-go, Shine A Light, You Can't Always Get What You Want, Happy.

I know Mick was a fan of Andy Warhol and Andy was a fan of repetition but jeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez.

How about this..........

Around & Around
Tell me
Out of Time
We love you
Faraway Eyes
Child of the moon
Send it to me
Before they make me run
One last shot
Fingerprint File
Pretty beat up
Midnight Rambler
Street Fighting Man
Doom & Gloom
Don't wanna go home
Jumping Jack Flash
2000 Light years from home – as per Worriedaboutyou’s post,'end a show' thread
The Last time

Not bad. The initial setlist complaint of the tour is based on a list of songs from one rehearsal. Thats a first.

Date: October 14, 2012 03:41

Gazza
EddieByword

Oct 12 : Bitch, All Down The Line, Rocks Off, Dead Flowers, The Last Time, Going To A Go-go, Shine A Light, You Can't Always Get What You Want, Happy.

How about this..........

Around & Around
Tell me
Honky Tonk Women
Out of Time
We love you
Faraway Eyes
Child of the moon
Send it to me
Before they make me run
One last shot
Fingerprint File
Pretty beat up
Midnight Rambler
Street Fighting Man
Doom & Gloom
Don't wanna go home
Jumping Jack Flash
Satisfaction
Brown Sugar

Not bad. The initial setlist complaint of the tour is based on a list of songs from one rehearsal. Thats a first.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-14 03:44 by EddieByword.

Date: October 14, 2012 03:44

Honestman
Thanks Kowalski !

The only surprise in the set list is "Sitting on the dock of the bay", and the two new tracks, but congrats to the tapers thumbs up

er...'Lady Jane' and 'I Wanna Be Your Man' arent a surprise?

Neither have been played since the mid 60s or before!

Date: October 14, 2012 03:46

Gazza
Nice stuff. thanks.

It was Paris stuff winking smiley

Posted by: Pie1 ()
Date: October 14, 2012 03:47

EddieByword

This post is obviously ridiculous, but there is one thing I'd like to add about setlist complaints : the Stones haven't toured in over five years. Seeing as everyone is so, so tired of hearing the same songs, I have to assume they've hardly listened to those songs in the past five years. So their ears should be fresh for a last round of the warhorses.
Because we all know that there is no way in heck this band is going out with something other than a setlist consisting mainly of their biggest hits. Right ?

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: October 14, 2012 03:49

EddieByword

How about this..........

Around & Around
Tell me
Honky Tonk Women
Out of Time
We love you
Faraway Eyes
Child of the moon
Send it to me
Before they make me run
One last shot
Fingerprint File
Pretty beat up
Midnight Rambler
Street Fighting Man
Doom & Gloom
Don't wanna go home
Jumping Jack Flash
Satisfaction
Brown Sugar

Hmmm.....spend a month learning completely brand new songs only to play them maybe five times...or spend a month perfecting songs they already know so they can perform them spot on perfect for their string of shows next month? Seems clear which is the most rational way to go here....

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: October 14, 2012 03:53

Max'sKansasCity

wow that was good, Max, thanks. i hope this time around live stones are as good,
musically, as rehearsal stones, which might not have been true for bigger bang.

has any HQ rehearsal tape ever surfaced ever? that rehearsal version of "oh no"
last time was better than any other version i ever heard.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-14 03:54 by superrevvy.

Date: October 14, 2012 03:54

Justin
EddieByword

How about this..........

Around & Around
Tell me
Honky Tonk Women
Out of Time
We love you
Faraway Eyes
Child of the moon
Send it to me
Before they make me run
One last shot
Fingerprint File
Pretty beat up
Midnight Rambler
Street Fighting Man
Doom & Gloom
Don't wanna go home
Jumping Jack Flash
Satisfaction
Brown Sugar

Hmmm.....spend a month learning completely brand new songs only to play them maybe five times...or spend a month perfecting songs they already know so they can perform them spot on perfect for their string of shows next month? Seems clear which is the most rational way to go here....

I can't seriously disagree, it woud just be so nice to hear a restructured challenging (for them and maybe some of us) setlist.....but wouldn't it be nice to hear Dance little sister (or something like never played before, (I know about a couple of times in '75 & El Mocambo)) in the It's Only rock'n'roll slot...............wherever that is gonna be in these shows........for example.?....or Winter instead of Ruby Tuesday......and so on for more than 1 or 2 changes, maybe 10 or 12..........

Having said that............as it is probaly the last time I'll be glad to hear whatever they do decide on.......

Edited 8 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-14 04:31 by EddieByword.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: October 14, 2012 03:57

Max'sKansasCity
kowalski

Didn't catch at first it a video for the rehearsal... Thanks for posting this here!

Date: October 14, 2012 03:57

kowalski

oooh damn, the bastards seem to have taped "one more shot" too, but are holding
out on us.

Date: October 14, 2012 04:01

superrevvy

wow that was good, Max, thanks. i hope this time around live stones are as good,

i think what it is is that during rehearsals mick is a real taskmaster, a real
bandleader, but during the shows he has to pay attention to the audience, so
the band (that is, keith and ronnie) don't always maintain their focus.

superrevvy
Max'sKansasCity

All thanks go to tapers at the location and kowalski I just embedded here... as they say it takes a city... or we built this city... or something like that.

I will add, as our esteeemed leader and board owner prophesied, indeed this song does sound KICK ASS! played live... even on a far away tape like this.... and once Charlie gets the BOOM BOOM BOOM down, it will blow the roof off.

Posted by: Send It To me ()

Date: October 14, 2012 04:03

kowalski
Didn't catch at first it a video for the rehearsal... Thanks for posting this here!
My pleasure...smileys with beer

Date: October 14, 2012 04:26

kowalski
Max'sKansasCity
kowalski

Yeah, cheers Max.great stuff.........

Goto Page: 1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 1 of 13

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1980
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home