Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

New Stones Japanese SHM CDs
Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 1, 2023 10:32

They're putting out 10 SHM CDs from Sticky Fingers through Dirty Work. I have most of what I want in SHM CD of the Stones. (Some are better than others.) The only one I've considered still getting is Black and Blue. I've always felt it was short on songs (8), but it's grown on me over the years. (In comparison to the two turkeys they put out after Tattoo You.)

The problem I have with getting Black and Blue is I suspect it could become a 'Super Deluxe' with Bonus Cuts before too long. It's the only Stones controlled work of that era I can still see them doing a worthwhile Super Duper release of. There has to be a ton of unheard tracks, with guitarists auditioning to replace Mick Taylor. We've never heard what Jeff Beck did with them.

Re: New Stones Japanese SHM CDs
Posted by: Irix ()
Date: June 1, 2023 10:55

Studio Albums Collection 1971-1986 on Japanese SHM-CD (release date: 7-Jul-2023) - [iorr.org] .

Date: June 1, 2023 11:12

24FPS
They're putting out 10 SHM CDs from Sticky Fingers through Dirty Work. I have most of what I want in SHM CD of the Stones. (Some are better than others.) The only one I've considered still getting is Black and Blue. I've always felt it was short on songs (8), but it's grown on me over the years. (In comparison to the two turkeys they put out after Tattoo You.)

The problem I have with getting Black and Blue is I suspect it could become a 'Super Deluxe' with Bonus Cuts before too long. It's the only Stones controlled work of that era I can still see them doing a worthwhile Super Duper release of. There has to be a ton of unheard tracks, with guitarists auditioning to replace Mick Taylor. We've never heard what Jeff Beck did with them.

There are bootlegs out there, with Jeff, too.

I'm not sure they'll make a Deluxe out of BAB, since outtakes wound up on other albums. Let's see what happens.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: June 1, 2023 12:18

Once again for those who are exited about this 'new' release.
These CDs will come with 2009 mastering.
This is just simple repacking of the previous versions that were widely available in Europe in super-jewel cases.
You need to purchase these only if you are looking for mini-vinyl replicas of album covers and replicas of OBI.
SHM material will not improve the sound quality of these CDs because the original was brickwalled to death. In this case SHM is just a bait for inexperienced people while Japanese extras are for completists.
If you badly want these - just wait till the end of the year and get them half-priced during X-mas sale.

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: June 1, 2023 15:53

I agree. I bought the previous series of Japanese SHM compilation albums (Rewind, Time waits for no one, Made in the Shade ect) for half of the price too on Amazon. And I only played them once, in my car. I have the complete Universal 2009 boxset, but those compilation albums were missing back then. I have no need for that old wine in new boxes over and over and over again. I skipped the ABCKO's SHM's too.

I also wonder why they it's limited to the 71-86 albums. Probably so they can release the remaining 89-2016 catalogue by the time the new album is released, I gues?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-06-01 15:58 by ribbelchips.

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: June 1, 2023 23:44

I got Sucking in the Seventies (favourite Stones comp) and Rewind during the last SHM release of 4 comps. SITS was nice glossy cardboard, Rewind not.

The Undercover and Emotional Rescue SHM in the upcoming repackaging look nice if glossy cardboard is used also. But how many copies of same albums am I going to buy...lol When the next format arrives in the future I guess we'll buy them again.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: June 2, 2023 10:23

IrelandCalling4
I got Sucking in the Seventies (favourite Stones comp) and Rewind during the last SHM release of 4 comps. SITS was nice glossy cardboard, Rewind not.

The Undercover and Emotional Rescue SHM in the upcoming repackaging look nice if glossy cardboard is used also. But how many copies of same albums am I going to buy...lol When the next format arrives in the future I guess we'll buy them again.
Not sure about the upcoming one but 2020 SHM-CD Undercover [UICY-79248] was in nice glossy sleeve. Sleeve for Emotional Rescue from that set [UICY-79246] was not that shiny but still silk. Keep in mind, however, that these belongs to a different set. They were made using flat transfer from original analogue master tapes, but not 2009 remaster. So, Polydor and Japanese Polydor might have different approaches to the sleeves.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1787
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home