Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT Chicago copying Faces?
Posted by: timmyj3 ()
Date: May 28, 2023 19:59

I was casually listening to Sirius/XM today and was not paying attention but then though cool they are playing "Stay with Me" by the Faces. But no, it was Chicago's "Feeling stronger everyday". The early part of that song sounds amazingly like "Stay with me" to my ears.

Anyone else hear it like this?

I don't have any problem with it, just noticed it.

Re: OT Chicago copying Faces?
Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: May 28, 2023 20:12

Wurlitzer electric piano has a distinct sound and the songs were just a year apart. Not much different than listening to the opening of "Just the Way You Are" and being reminded of "Fool to Cry."

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: May 28, 2023 23:59

They have mixed JJF and other songs in the outro to Feeling Stronger Every Day on a fairly regular basis for a while now. Pretty sure I started a thread about years ago, but too lazy to look.

Date: May 29, 2023 00:07

Actually, it was "We Love You"...

[iorr.org]

The opening for "get Closer" used to fool me into thinking it was "Fool To Cry". Disappointment followed...

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: May 29, 2023 00:20

timmyj3
I was casually listening to Sirius/XM today and was not paying attention but then though cool they are playing "Stay with Me" by the Faces. But no, it was Chicago's "Feeling stronger everyday". The early part of that song sounds amazingly like "Stay with me" to my ears.

Anyone else hear it like this?

I don't have any problem with it, just noticed it.

It's a common guitar hook or vamp. Like Takin' Care Of Business. Guitar 101.

But in this isolated vocal track, a lot of people didn't realize that Chicago gives tribute to The Rolling Stones. They sing We Love You, lets Spend the Night Together and Jumpin Jack Flash. When they play this live they still sing We Love You during Feeling Stronger Everyday.,
You can here it at about the 2:28 mark on this isloated vocal track.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2023-05-29 00:41 by More Hot Rocks.

Date: May 29, 2023 14:40

Thanks, More Hot Rocks

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2204
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home