Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Do you expect the new songs to be vintage Stones or filler like the 40 Licks songs?
Posted by: Witness ()
Date: October 10, 2012 10:25

tomk
With the usual suspects involved (Chuck and Don Was), do you really think it's gonna be that good? They had a chance to do something really interesting (with Wyman and Taylor, a one-off, probably) but chose not to. I really hope it's not another open-G retread, but it probably will be.

Well, I had in mind a song on the level of the best tracks of BRIDGES TO BABYLON, but from now. That would be vintage 2012!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-10 10:25 by Witness.

Re: Do you expect the new songs to be vintage Stones or filler like the 40 Licks songs?
Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: October 11, 2012 04:09

tomk
With the usual suspects involved (Chuck and Don Was), do you really think it's gonna be that good? They had a chance to do something really interesting (with Wyman and Taylor, a one-off, probably) but chose not to. I really hope it's not another open-G retread, but it probably will be.

..and they should have used Rick Rubin to produce an LP of all new material...but alas....Was won....

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: October 11, 2012 04:22

Considering that Forty Licks is long out of print [along with those 4 filler tracks] and that GRRR! will likely be out of print as well in a few years, well... The best way to guarantee a permanent shelf life for new songs is to place them on new albums. Can anyone name any other officially released Stones tracks that have gone out of print? Only comps go out of print, whereas original albums remain available forever. Putting these 2 new songs on a soon-to-be-dated comp is the kiss of death. I'm not expecting much...

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 11, 2012 04:33

tomk

Good point. Why go with the ringers when the real players are available and willing? Laziness. Or if you want to be kinder, habit.

Posted by: Jah Paul ()
Date: October 11, 2012 04:47

Considering they ARE filler (token new songs added to a compilation), I don't expect much. My guess is one will probably be decent...the other rubbish.

"I got no expectations..."

Posted by: aralla ()
Date: October 11, 2012 05:04

I expect two pretty good rock 'n' roll songs, nothing more.

Posted by: Witness ()
Date: October 11, 2012 05:16

71Tele
tomk

Good point. Why go with the ringers when the real players are available and willing? Laziness. Or if you want to be kinder, habit.

Or, more respectfully to the remaining members of the band than these accumulated complaints, as a matter of principle. Because they themselves chose to stay in the band, whereas those other two preferred to quit.

And, yes, I hope for one inspired song of good latter day Stones level and one nice song in addition. And my perspective of the band is of a multi peak career, so that wish and expectation are for something rather good.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1901
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home