Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 40
Re: "Doom And Gloom" Will Be Released This THURSDAY
Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: October 11, 2012 03:09

Gazza
flacnvinyl
Usually I would be the first to post it, but can someone point to an online stream for those of us in the colonies? I am sure someone will record it, but I would still like to be tuned in.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

So BBC radio 2..? Hurray! They have it on the Tunein Radio app.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: October 11, 2012 03:17

Here's the time for the British:

< DOOM AND GLOOM, our new single, is released tomorrow! Listen to the world premiere on @BBCRadio2's @aChrisEvans Show at 8.15am BST.?

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: October 11, 2012 03:19

Harlem Shuffler
Anyone know if it will be available in any other format?

YES!...clay tablet, wax cylinder, and 78 RPM shellac discs! Plus special edition NME papyrus flexi-single!....

Date: October 11, 2012 03:29

So 2am for those of us in the States right?

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: October 11, 2012 03:34

Now, don't be putting alarm clocks in the middle of the night
or going to bed early so tomorrow gets here quicker.
Just act normalhot smiley

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 11, 2012 03:39

flacnvinyl
So 2am for those of us in the States right?

Depends where you are.

ET in the US is five hours behind GMT

Date: October 11, 2012 03:40

wildwildhorses
Hi All,
going to be played at 20.20 tonight ( 11th) on a local station " The Sound"
93.80 fm , Auckland,NZ
so it will coincide with with 8.20 BST.
Looking forward to it !
Ross

so..what time exactly would it be released here in the middle of the &^%$#$#@ing kuwaiti wasteland?...need something out here and a rippin' Stones jam would be just the ticket!....

Re: Doom & Gloom - What time?
Date: October 11, 2012 03:41

big4
ChefGuevara
Our new single is released tomorrow. It's called Doom & Gloom, though it's a really raunchy rocker you can dance to & not gloomy at all! It was fun & quick to record, & Jeff Bhaskar has done a great mix. Hope you like it. You can download it from 8.15am tomorrow, UK time.

Mick Jagger
Info on Bhasker-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Bhasker

He's worked with Taylor Swift, Kayne West, Adam Lambert... eye rolling smiley

Well, here's hoping Keith's song is worth something

He's worked with Taylor Swift, Kayne West, Adam Lambert... eye rolling smiley uh-oh...

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: October 11, 2012 03:59

i haven't purchased from i tunes in a while, I remember the last time trying to recover my password from them was a pain in the ass.

Date: October 11, 2012 04:02

ChefGuevara
Now, don't be putting alarm clocks in the middle of the night
or going to bed early so tomorrow gets here quicker.
Just act normalhot smiley

I am editing video right now and on a bit of a hot streak. I might be up at 2am, and if so, I'll listen on TuneIn (Android App). Otherwise, I'll be here in the morning looking for an mp3/youtube link from someone who said up late/got up early!

I remember the excitement of staying up til midnight in highschool to hear the San Diego broadcast back in 98. Yeah, you old farts are laughing, but thats was monumental! I really just wanted to hear them play Little Queenie on the b-stage, and after the Last Time I let my tape deck capture the rest. Heard the full concert on repeat for about a month.

Tomorrow will be fun.

Re: DOOM AND GLOOM
Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: October 11, 2012 04:16

The 2 new songs are nothing to get excited about, because they are wasted on a compilation, and comps notoriously go out of print after a few years. Like Forty Licks. Can anyone name any other songs besides the 4 on Forty Licks that are unavailable due to having gone out of print? Add these 2 new GRRR! songs to the wasteland of obscurity, soon enough anyway. The only way to guarantee a permanent shelf life for songs is to put them on new original albums, which are forever available. The 2 new GRRR! songs are like McDonald's cheeseburgers--more anticipation than satiation. Maybe they'll taste great at first, then the bloated after-effects of all that greasy processed filler will set in, and you'll be back to real "food" again before you know it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-11 04:31 by stonesnow.

Posted by: cowboytoast ()
Date: October 11, 2012 04:36

stonesnow
The 2 new songs are nothing to get excited about, because they are wasted on a compilation, and comps notoriously go out of print after a few years. Like Forty Licks. Can anyone name any other songs besides the 4 on Forty Licks that are unavailable due to having gone out of print? Add these 2 new GRRR! songs to the wasteland of obscurity, soon enough anyway. The only way to guarantee a permanent shelf life for songs is to put them on new original albums, which are forever available. The 2 new GRRR! songs are like McDonald's cheeseburgers--more anticipation than satiation. Maybe they'll taste great at first, then the bloated after-effects of all that greasy processed filler will set in, and you'll be back to real "food" again before you know it.

i concur

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: October 11, 2012 04:55

Everything happens in California first, so we get it just fifteen minutes past midnight on thursday 10/11 while NYC doesnt get it till 315am on 10/11 and London gets it at 815AM on thursday 10/11

haha

Posted by: wildwildhorses ()
Date: October 11, 2012 04:58

lunar!!!
wildwildhorses
Hi All,
going to be played at 20.20 tonight ( 11th) on a local station " The Sound"
93.80 fm , Auckland,NZ
so it will coincide with with 8.20 BST.
Looking forward to it !
Ross

so..what time exactly would it be released here in the middle of the &^%$#$#@ing kuwaiti wasteland?...need something out here and a rippin' Stones jam would be just the ticket!....

Sorry, got no idea Lunar
get on the net and check it out.........oh...you are are on the net..ummmm

Posted by: steverogan ()
Date: October 11, 2012 05:04

Erik_Snow
steverogan
steverogan
Erik_Snow
Oh but this is a really embarassing thread. I'm spelling embarrassing incorrect to help bliss and steverogan a bit out.....none of us are perfect. Only some more than others.

Actually Mr. Snow, I know no-one is perfect-- take YOU and your grammar for example. It is correct to say:"none of us IS perfect".

"None" is a contracted form of "Not one" thus the use of the singular form of the verb. I would suggest focusing on your grammar and less on others typos. Class is now dismissed. Time for your nap. Time to make your grammar GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRReat!

One more grammar lesson Mr.Snow. "I'm spelling embarrassing incorrect" really should read:"I'm spelling embarrassing incorrectLY"-- proper use of the adverb modifying the verb "spelling".

I love the overall demonstration of superiority certain people on the board like to exhibit. Goes to show that all the jackasses in the world don't just live in the USA. The world is full of omniscient people;this is why it is in such the wonderful economic, sociological and ecological condition we currently find it.

I simply meant that getting focus on my spelling mistake would help get the attention away from yours and bliss'.....eh, bad ears, or whatever one could call it; that mistake a 1967 RS song from a 2012 song; nomatter if one have heard "Citadel" before or not.
Seems that you thought it was an excellent idea of mine. As all the English I write is what I do on IORR, I think it's well enough actually. At least good enough for you. But you're taking it too far, Pedro, enough is enough.
Won't help you out again, that's for sure.

First,Mr.Snow, my name is not Pedro. Is the name "Pedro" "Steve" in Norwegian? Pero,si prefieres, puedo hablar espanol como si fuera nativo.(that last sentece was in spanish; I am sure someone reading the board can translate it for you.I assure you- it is grammatically correct, even if it is my second language.
Secondly, you make a remark about intentionally spelling a word in English for some ridiculous reason, then cannot even commuincate it properly. Maybe you should stick to your native language.I find it hard to believe you were "helping me". I really neither want nor need it. The exact relationship between that and your intentional misspelling of a word is beyond me. Like I said, I did not recognize the song. My mistake.
People take some shit too seriously, at the expense of trying to embarrass others. This happens all the time on this board, and I do not post often as a consequence.Frankly, I really don't appreciate people's shit when directed at me and will respond.Have a nice winter in Norway.Yours truly,Pedro.Adios...

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: October 11, 2012 05:29

stonesnow

Nice try.

By your logic, all the songs on "A Bigger Bang" were solid gold and "something to get excited about" just because they were released on a studio album and not a compilation. If Mick and Keith wanted to do an album--they would have. But they aren't. They had 2 tunes ready to go and submitted it for the compilation. You don't sit and write a song and determine what kind of quality it should be based on if it will be on a compilation or a studio album.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: October 11, 2012 05:52

stonesnow
The 2 new songs are nothing to get excited about, because they are wasted on a compilation, and comps notoriously go out of print after a few years. Like Forty Licks. Can anyone name any other songs besides the 4 on Forty Licks that are unavailable due to having gone out of print?

Under The Radar & Don't Wanna Go Home.
First released with the special edition of A Bigger Bang (and on DVD only!). Never made available again in any form.

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: October 11, 2012 06:13

If I cross the international dateline going from east to west at 8:15 GMT, will I be able to download it a day earlier?

Date: October 11, 2012 06:46

Justin
stonesnow

Nice try.

By your logic, all the songs on "A Bigger Bang" were solid gold and "something to get excited about" just because they were released on a studio album and not a compilation. If Mick and Keith wanted to do an album--they would have. But they aren't. They had 2 tunes ready to go and submitted it for the compilation. You don't sit and write a song and determine what kind of quality it should be based on if it will be on a compilation or a studio album.

No, I was merely pointing out that comps go out of print and these songs won't be available after GRRR! goes the way of Made In The Shade and Sucking In The Seventies, and you can be sure the Stones know this. By their inclusion on a short-lived compilation, the Stones are just throwing away 2 new songs. Your interpretation of my logic is faulty, because those are your words in your post, not mine. My point is, A Bigger Bang is still sitting there in the record store bin whether you think the songs are good or not, along with every other original Stones album (several throwaway songs in the back catalog, but they're still available), whereas Forty Licks and many other comps of its ilk are not. And these 2 new songs--just a gimmick to shift old product--will not prolong the shelf life of GRRR! Nice try yourself.

Date: October 11, 2012 06:51

kowalski
stonesnow
The 2 new songs are nothing to get excited about, because they are wasted on a compilation, and comps notoriously go out of print after a few years. Like Forty Licks. Can anyone name any other songs besides the 4 on Forty Licks that are unavailable due to having gone out of print?

Under The Radar & Don't Wanna Go Home.
First released with the special edition of A Bigger Bang (and on DVD only!). Never made available again in any form.

Another gimmick to make you buy a product twice. Is that special edition DVD still available, or was it just a short-term one-off? In terms of marketing, Jagger is as crafty as Allen Klein.

Come to think of it, forget the tongue logo. The dangling carrot should be the new Stones logo, as it fits their latter-day marketing contempt for their fans.

Posted by: MileHigh ()
Date: October 11, 2012 07:11

In skimming the thread some of you sound like it's the release of the iFone 5! lol

If you are even a low-grade nerd nowadays you can just peek on YouTube and then in a few minutes you can have a very good sounding mp3.

One last album and about 20 shows in a few cities then it's goodbye Charlie and company!

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: October 11, 2012 07:41

stonesnow
Justin
stonesnow

Nice try.

No, I was merely pointing out that comps go out of print and these songs won't be available after GRRR! goes the way of Made In The Shade and Sucking In The Seventies, and you can be sure the Stones know this. By their inclusion on a short-lived compilation, the Stones are just throwing away 2 new songs. Your interpretation of my logic is faulty, because those are your words in your post, not mine. My point is, A Bigger Bang is still sitting there in the record store bin whether you think the songs are good or not, along with every other original Stones album (several throwaway songs in the back catalog, but they're still available), whereas Forty Licks and many other comps of its ilk are not. And these 2 new songs--just a gimmick to shift old product--will not prolong the shelf life of GRRR! Nice try yourself.

You were too busy trying to be a badass that you lost your point of view in your posts. Oooh a "fan" who doesn't care about new Stones music?---oh scared of you.

You were not just "merely pointing out that comps go out of print." Your post was going on about how the two new songs were nothing to get excited about and your justification for that was they were going to be on a compilation and not a real album. Who the hell cares if they're on a compilation? What's your point? "Everything Is Turning To Gold" wasn't available for a while on "Sucking IN the Seventies" but it is still available to purchase--was that a throwaway too?

You asked for other songs that were made available once but are now out of print and kowalski gave you the two off the special edition ABB: "Under The Radar" and "We Don't Wanna Go Home." (Last time I checked, "Under The Radar" was a song much celebrated on this board. But I guess they weren't really that great because they're on an out of print product?) Instead of admitting you were talking out of your ass, you sidestep your original point and go on about how fans were duped into buying the same product twice. What the ffuck does that have to do with your original question? Who cares if a song is still available in stores? What does that have to do with the song being good?

Your argument is shite and you were just looking for an excuse to run your mouth off. You are of course free to do so--but not without me calling your crap. "Doom and Gloom" is most likely not going to be a masterpeice---and to that I say, who really cares?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-11 07:45 by Justin.

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: October 11, 2012 08:48

Justin
stonesnow

Nice try.

You have a very good point. Look, Licks came shortly after "Goddess", the last Stones album was five years previous to Lick. There was nothing in the can. Sure they worked on creating some new material in Paris during summer of '02 but none of those songs were in "Jagger-ready" shape so they took a few from the "Goddess" sessions and added a Keith song. This time, there is no recorded works by band members preceding Grrr so the songs, while originating with Jagger or Richards, probably were in very rudimentary demo form at best, before recording them earlier this year. The best would be, if these songs developed during jams sessions at earlier the NJ and/or London rehearsals. But it's more accurate to believe that "Doom And Gloom" originated during the Watts/Jagger sessions mentioned in 2011 and the Keith track began during those sessions last summer with Steve Jordan, et al....

It all sound promising, except this mention of the involvemenet of a guy who's worked with artists like Taylor Swift and Kayne West. That is disappointing to a legion of fans and a legendary bands' history.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-11 08:50 by big4.

Posted by: shawnriffhard1 ()
Date: October 11, 2012 08:57

Chris Evans just threatened to hum it but didn't. 1hr 18"
away. pretty exciting. cool to hear the British traffic report. somehow makes it seem like you're there in LOndon instead of New Jersey.could totally due without the pet shop boys new tune also.

Posted by: shawnriffhard1 ()
Date: October 11, 2012 09:27

similar to gimme all your lovin'? zz top

Date: October 11, 2012 09:30

Afraid of the comp will go out of print?

Buy the single! thumbs up

Posted by: wildwildhorses ()
Date: October 11, 2012 09:31

About an hour to go and shall be listening to a brand new Stones track !!

having a few wines in their honour.
thank you Mick, thank you Keith.......and of course Ronnie and Charlie,
you guys rock !!

Date: October 11, 2012 09:38

35 minutes to go! Who's excited?? thumbs up

Posted by: goinhome ()
Date: October 11, 2012 09:39

Tuning in from the west coast usa. Excited. Anyone remember how Jagger referred to BBC as the "Boring Broadcasting Company" or something like that during the press conference in NY that kicked off the Bigger Bang Tour?

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: October 11, 2012 09:45

I'm still up in California, patiently waiting...

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 6 of 40

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1889
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home