Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 40
Re: DOOM AND GLOOM
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 10, 2012 23:59

.....ahhhso they've return to the Beggars sound...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: steverogan ()
Date: October 11, 2012 00:02

Gazza
steverogan
vermontoffender
Or, you could just say, "Ooops! I guess I need to listen to 'Their Satanic Majesties Request' a little more closely".

Unless you knew the song purported to be 'Doom and Gloom' was actually 'Citadel'; either way, I found your post to be hilarious.

One could certainly make the argument that one of the many maladies humanity suffers from is the inability of people to own up to their mistakes.

what was my mistake? I did not know the name of a song- I made a mistake. But please advise Mr. Snow that his grammar is poor at best.
To be honest I have not listened to the album in its entirety. I guess that makes me less of a fan..I really could not care less. Maybe Mick can put it in a special box, add some shit to it and charge $250 for it so that schmucks who don't own enough copies of it can say how great it is.Seems to me that I often see others attacked for ludicrous idiotic reasons on the board. It's supposed to be entertainment but some a$$holes make more of it than it is.

Relax, Steve, Its a bit of harmless banter, mate.

Erik's from Norway, so I think all things considered his English is pretty good.

I'm relaxed, Mr.Snow should learn that people in glass houses should not throw stones. I mean "rocks" not MJ,KR,etc. Perhaps he could speak for himself.

Date: October 11, 2012 00:08

When it is said the song with be released on Thursday - who's clock are we going by? Is it keyed in somewhere that it drops the second we pass midnight in a certain timezone? Or does some sleepy janitor drop off a bundle of Stones goodies at 9:37 am?

OOps just saw the other thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-11 00:11 by Palace Revolution 2000.

Re: "Doom And Gloom" Will Be Released This THURSDAY
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 11, 2012 00:21

Any talk about a release on CD and/or 7"?

Yep at the moment it's the hottest topic at all male-bonding sessions around the globe

ROCKMAN

Doom & Gloom - What time?
Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: October 10, 2012 19:26

It's available at 8.15 pm BST time. What is BST? British Standard Time? Does this mean that it's at 21.15 Danish time (ie. in the evening)?

JumpingKentFlash

Re: Doom & Gloom - What time?
Posted by: erikjjf ()
Date: October 10, 2012 19:43

It's 8.15 am BST, not pm.
That's 9.15 in the morning where you are, Kent.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: October 10, 2012 19:44

It's 8.15 AM. i.e. in the morning.
BST is British Summer Time as opposed to GMT which is Greenwich Mean time.
[www.timeanddate.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: peoplewitheyes ()
Date: October 10, 2012 19:47

-

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-10 19:47 by peoplewitheyes.

Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: October 10, 2012 19:49

It'll be broadcast on the Chris Evans Breakfast Show on BBC Radio 2.

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Posted by: gotdablouse ()
Date: October 10, 2012 19:54

Dude on RO said his local station (USA SF Area I think) said they might play it later today...

Posted by: TheDailyBuzzherd ()
Date: October 10, 2012 19:55

Methinx The Doomsday Clock is stuck at 11:50pm; I'll check my watch for details.

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: October 10, 2012 20:02

gotdablouse
Dude on RO said his local station (USA SF Area I think) said they might play it later today...

What about Down Under? are they playing it now?

Rockman?

Posted by: ChefGuevara ()
Date: October 10, 2012 20:04

Our new single is released tomorrow. It's called Doom & Gloom, though it's a really raunchy rocker you can dance to & not gloomy at all! It was fun & quick to record, & Jeff Bhaskar has done a great mix. Hope you like it. You can download it from 8.15am tomorrow, UK time.

Mick Jagger

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: October 10, 2012 20:09

Posted by: phd ()
Date: October 10, 2012 20:44

Deltics
It's 8.15 AM. i.e. in the morning.
BST is British Summer Time as opposed to GMT which is Greenwich Mean time.
[www.timeanddate.com]
Only British people can do this...

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 11, 2012 00:39

Lots of excitement over a single tune.....I hope to hell I like it. Anyone out there heard any of it yet? peace

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 11, 2012 00:42

steverogan
steverogan
Erik_Snow
Oh but this is a really embarassing thread. I'm spelling embarrassing incorrect to help bliss and steverogan a bit out.....none of us are perfect. Only some more than others.

Actually Mr. Snow, I know no-one is perfect-- take YOU and your grammar for example. It is correct to say:"none of us IS perfect".

"None" is a contracted form of "Not one" thus the use of the singular form of the verb. I would suggest focusing on your grammar and less on others typos. Class is now dismissed. Time for your nap. Time to make your grammar GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRReat!

One more grammar lesson Mr.Snow. "I'm spelling embarrassing incorrect" really should read:"I'm spelling embarrassing incorrectLY"-- proper use of the adverb modifying the verb "spelling".

I love the overall demonstration of superiority certain people on the board like to exhibit. Goes to show that all the jackasses in the world don't just live in the USA. The world is full of omniscient people;this is why it is in such the wonderful economic, sociological and ecological condition we currently find it.

I simply meant that getting focus on my spelling mistake would help get the attention away from yours and bliss'.....eh, bad ears, or whatever one could call it; that mistake a 1967 RS song from a 2012 song; nomatter if one have heard "Citadel" before or not.
Seems that you thought it was an excellent idea of mine. As all the English I write is what I do on IORR, I think it's well enough actually. At least good enough for you. But you're taking it too far, Pedro, enough is enough.
Won't help you out again, that's for sure.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-11 00:53 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 11, 2012 01:01

Any talk about a release on CD and/or 7" ?

Posted by: wildwildhorses ()
Date: October 11, 2012 01:28

Hi All,
going to be played at 20.20 tonight ( 11th) on a local station " The Sound"
93.80 fm , Auckland,NZ
so it will coincide with with 8.20 BST.
Looking forward to it !
Ross

Posted by: Denny ()
Date: October 11, 2012 01:31

Erik_Snow
I simply meant that getting focus on my spelling mistake would help get the attention away from yours and bliss'.....eh, bad ears, or whatever one could call it; that mistake a 1967 RS song from a 2012 song; nomatter if one have heard "Citadel" before or not.
Seems that you thought it was an excellent idea of mine. As all the English I write is what I do on IORR, I think it's well enough actually. At least good enough for you. But you're taking it too far, Pedro, enough is enough.

He just totally did not get the humour in your original post, did he? Well, what can you do eh, you tried!

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 11, 2012 01:47

Denny
Erik_Snow

He just totally did not get the humour in your original post, did he? Well, what can you do eh, you tried!

Erik is like a 35 year old Scotch. Not something you get at first.

Or is that a Norwegian ....ah hell I've lost my spot in line.

Date: October 11, 2012 01:47

Denny
Erik_Snow

He didn't get it, nor the point, no, but; to his defence he still managed to come up with some kind of conclusion about that it goes to show that jackasses....no; about the people in the world...no....what was it again? Throwing stones on ludicrous idiotic glass houses....? No...darn, I forgot what it was. Probably not the right conclusion anyway

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-11 01:58 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: big4 ()
Date: October 11, 2012 01:48

ChefGuevara
Our new single is released tomorrow. It's called Doom & Gloom, though it's a really raunchy rocker you can dance to & not gloomy at all! It was fun & quick to record, & Jeff Bhaskar has done a great mix. Hope you like it. You can download it from 8.15am tomorrow, UK time.

Mick Jagger
Info on Bhasker-http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jeff_Bhasker

He's worked with Taylor Swift, Kayne West, Adam Lambert... eye rolling smiley

Well, here's hoping Keith's song is worth something

Posted by: flacnvinyl ()
Date: October 11, 2012 02:00

Usually I would be the first to post it, but can someone point to an online stream for those of us in the colonies? I am sure someone will record it, but I would still like to be tuned in.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 11, 2012 02:02

Erik_Snow
Denny
Erik_Snow

He didn't get it, nor the point, no, but; to his defence he still managed to come up with some kind of conclusion about that it goes to show that jackasses....no; about the people in the world...no....what was it again? Throwing stones on ludicrous idiotic glass houses....? No...darn, I forgot what it was. Probably not the right conclusion anyway

See?
You lost your place in line too.
Its just not worth it anymore...I'm headed home.

Date: October 11, 2012 02:09

Munichhilton
Erik_Snow
Denny
Erik_Snow

See?
You lost your place in line too.
Its just not worth it anymore...I'm headed home.

Good idea, Munich, I could need a break too, this thread is making me dizzy. And these pretzels are making me thirsty.

Posted by: Hound Dog ()
Date: October 11, 2012 02:13

So if this is being released in the morning UK time, us over in the US will get to hear it late night tonight. Can't wait!

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 11, 2012 02:13

flacnvinyl
Usually I would be the first to post it, but can someone point to an online stream for those of us in the colonies? I am sure someone will record it, but I would still like to be tuned in.

[www.bbc.co.uk]

Posted by: OneHit ()
Date: October 11, 2012 02:35

What's happening in Australia? I can't find anything on any of the radio station websites in Brisbane. It should be something like 6:15pm tonight (real time - Queensland time, not this DLS rubbish).

Posted by: open-g ()
Date: October 11, 2012 03:05

Still seven hours to go.

[www.timeanddate.com]

Goto Page: Previous1234567891011...LastNext
Current Page: 5 of 40

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1679
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home