Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7
Re: Keith: - We've booked shows
Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 10, 2012 21:38

phd
Gazza
or how to afford them!

Is it really a step by step process ?. I don't believe in that. When you have sort of been with this band for something like 50 years, it's an impulse. You press the button instantly.

If the rumours of £450 ticket prices are true, I can do without the totalitarian uber-fan bollocks, thanks. They can shove it if thats the case.

YOU might think its an impulse. More logically minded people would be able to see when someone's having a very hearty laugh at their considerable expense.

As I dont have money to burn, I'll make my own judgement based on whether the shows are affordable and whether I think the band can do themselves justice, if thats OK. thumbs up

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-10 22:01 by Gazza.

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 10, 2012 21:41

Beast
Maybe the shows are more than one day apart

BINGO !!!!!

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Date: October 10, 2012 21:41

SonicDreamer
The only do-able dates with a day between at The O2 now are between 18 and 21 November.

There are 16 different variations of 'do-able dates with a day between' between 1st November and 10 December.

And its irrelevant anyway. The rumoured dates listed at nme.com today are almost certainly correct. Nov 25 and 29.

Posted by: TooTough ()
Date: October 10, 2012 21:46

Gazza
Nov 25 and 29.

Most people with a job here in Europe can´t go then.

Date: October 10, 2012 21:48

TooTough
Gazza
Nov 25 and 29.

Most people with a job here in Europe can´t go then.

They're probably aiming them more at people who dont need to have a job, in fairness......sad smiley

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: October 10, 2012 22:02

jamesfdouglas
The more you think about it, the more clearly pathetic the whole thing is. We are all witnessing 'The World's Greatest Rock and Roll Band' completely $#!t the bed and fail miserably - this time BEFORE we even hear a note of new or live music from them. Very, very sad. I'll pass.

You're the one who's sad, dude. You went from "I hope the performances will be good" a couple days ago to now "they've failed miserably before they've played a note." Bipolar, anyone?

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 10, 2012 22:16

Justin
jamesfdouglas
The more you think about it, the more clearly pathetic the whole thing is. We are all witnessing 'The World's Greatest Rock and Roll Band' completely $#!t the bed and fail miserably - this time BEFORE we even hear a note of new or live music from them. Very, very sad. I'll pass.

You're the one who's sad, dude. You went from "I hope the performances will be good" a couple days ago to now "they've failed miserably before they've played a note." Bipolar, anyone?

Maybe he's just flip flopping J...it is an election year. Although not in Canada.

Posted by: jazzbass ()
Date: October 10, 2012 22:33

Well, I've looked into flights and hotels that work for a 11/29 show. Wondering if $3,000 usd will secure 2 tickets? These are the the rainy days we plan for. Time to break the bank and create a memory.

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: October 10, 2012 22:40

Bobby Keys about the tour:

Meanwhile, Bobby Keys, the Stones' regular saxophonist, confirms to Billboard that the group is "gonna do some more concerts, starting in November with two in England and then a couple here in the States, then there's a few added concerts after that. Keith told me a couple months ago there was something in the wind and just be ready to go. I'm waiting for them to send me the plane ticket and the information, and then I'll go."

[www.billboard.com]

Date: October 10, 2012 23:04

Gazza
They said no shows were confirmed as yet when denying the Songkick site's listing of two 02 arena shows for 23 and 30th march.

Which is, of course, standard practice. One or two of the more shitstirring websites carefully edited their stories to make it look as if they had written off the shows rumoured for November when the story the Stones were denying specifically related to March 2013.

That's what I remembered. So it's just the usual deliberately false news by some media to create a kind of panic that then is believed to be fact by other media. eye rolling smiley

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 10, 2012 23:21

Yeah....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-10 23:36 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: October 11, 2012 00:37

I checked O2 arena website and 23/11 is another possibility - what about 21/11 and 25/11 as definite 2 gigs with "23rd added due to extra demand?"

If its 150 GBP again I'm there at least once

Date: October 11, 2012 01:00

Robbie Williams is playing the 02 on 22-24 November.

Posted by: Harm ()
Date: October 11, 2012 01:06

Gazza

How much were those tickets?

Date: October 11, 2012 01:18

£56.25 - £137.25. With official platinum tickets going for £355 - £465

[www.theo2.co.uk]

Says that he played four shows in September which were oversubscribed by 5000%

The 'Platinum' package model - [www.ticketmaster.co.uk] - if used by the Stones could be potentially horrific

Posted by: leftbank ()
Date: October 11, 2012 03:04

My Fall London trip was already planned for Nov 22-27 from US West Coast. I Would only buy a ticket for close up seats, max amount 300 GBP. Where is the proof of the guys being at La Fourchette Chateau??

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: October 11, 2012 03:57

I don't know, but how come if they have been rehearsing in France,neither Bobby or Keith's guitar tech Pierre are with them,and don't think that even Chuck is there either..Just asking, maybe all the "insiders" here know the answer....

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Date: October 11, 2012 04:20

ROPENI
I don't know, but how come if they have been rehearsing in France,neither Bobby or Keith's guitar tech Pierre are with them,and don't think that even Chuck is there either..Just asking, maybe all the "insiders" here know the answer....
Sorry, but the only thing the insiders can tell you is that they are insiders.... oh, they can also say things like "I knew him 35 years ago, I was there, he was nice... useful stuff like that winking smiley

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: October 11, 2012 04:22

Max'sKansasCity
ROPENI
Sorry, but the only thing the insiders can tell you is that they are insiders.... oh, they can also say things like "I knew him 35 years ago, I was there, he was nice... useful stuff like that winking smiley
Good One Max..smileys with beer

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Date: October 11, 2012 04:25

ROPENI
Max'sKansasCity
ROPENI
Good One Max..smileys with beer
grinning smileysmileys with beer

Posted by: memphiscats ()
Date: October 11, 2012 07:01

I've been out of the loop for a few days -- just hearing this wonderful news puts a spring in my step & a sparkle in my tired old eyes. Yippee!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: Rolling Hansie ()
Date: October 11, 2012 10:39

Max'sKansasCity
the only thing the insiders can tell you is that they are insiders

Not even that

-------------------
Keep On Rolling smoking smiley

Posted by: exhpart ()
Date: October 11, 2012 16:23

Gazza

Yeah sorry must have looked before they updated it

Posted by: Woz ()
Date: October 11, 2012 21:43

I hope the tickets are expensive, makes them easier to get.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-11 21:43 by Woz.

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 11, 2012 21:53

Woz
I hope the tickets are expensive, makes them easier to get.

I wouldn't worry too much about that...something are a given

Posted by: RRMan03 ()
Date: October 12, 2012 04:27

I am unconcerned with ticket price.If you want to see them pay it. If not do not see them. It is easy. They are in it for money like everybody else in this world. Nobody rides for free. And no matter the price tickets will not be easy to get.

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: October 12, 2012 04:40

RRMan03
I am unconcerned with ticket price.If you want to see them pay it. If not do not see them. It is easy. They are in it for money like everybody else in this world. Nobody rides for free. And no matter the price tickets will not be easy to get.

yup.

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: October 12, 2012 15:40

lunar!!!
RRMan03

yup.

double yup.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 12, 2012 16:13

Monkeytonkman
lunar!!!
RRMan03

yup.

double yup.

Well, either the scalpers or the stones were going to get the mark up...regardless, these tix are going at a premium.

I'm not sure I'll pay stratopheric prices, most I've ever paid was $450 for a ticket for ABB in Toronto...that was a bit hard to justify.

Posted by: Claire_M ()
Date: October 12, 2012 17:38

Pardon my ignorance, but what happens in Europe on November 25 and 29 that prevents people with jobs from seeing the Rolling Stones if they want to?

Whatever it is, ya'll need to get your priorities straight!

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 4 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1777
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home