Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7
Re: Keith: - We've booked shows
Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: October 8, 2012 20:34

phd
Cocaine Eyes
I think they're at Chateau Fourchette.

smiling smiley

Of course they are.

Now they all know for sure! tongue sticking out smiley

Posted by: bisonvodka ()
Date: October 9, 2012 00:16

This year London is lucky for me, see Charlie in March and Ronnie in June. I hope I book flight again soon.

Posted by: Justin ()
Date: October 9, 2012 00:49

It certainly makes you wonder what exactly they're cooking up if they're spending a month of rehearsals and Keith is actually excited and talking about how much things are working, musically with the band. Would he really talk this up if they were in there rehearsing the same old warhorses? No doubt we'll get the usual songs but I don't think they need more than a few days to really bang those songs out in rehearsals. I'm curious what other "obscure" songs they're playing around with.

Hopefully Ronnie's keeping busy drawing up the rehearsal song lists on those big white boards. Would love to get a hint on what they're banging around on in there.

Posted by: DoughboyUK ()
Date: October 9, 2012 00:53

ive got a good feeling....

Posted by: jamesfdouglas ()
Date: October 9, 2012 00:54

It's not so much that they stick to the warhorses, it's that for decades they've played them the same exact way.

IF they inject some actual creativity into their performances this time, ie., NOT the Jagger/Chuck Orchestra, I won't mind what songs they do so much.

[thepowergoats.com]

Date: October 9, 2012 01:00

One thing that can hugely improve the warhorses is if they shave off 4 minutes from these ridiculous triathalon versions that go 5-7 minutes long in length. They're using the tired idea that the bigger the song--the longer it has to be.

Charlie and the band pace themselves so much for these epic 7 minute renditions that it limits them creatively from doing anything else with these songs. They automatically go on auto-pilot because they know they need to save their energy for the duration of the entire song. It's very limiting and traps them all into a very small area to create something new with these songs.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 9, 2012 01:07

Hey yeah that's a good idea....
Maybe they could just perform She Said Yeah eighty times ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: bleedingman ()
Date: October 9, 2012 01:17

At some shows "Satisfaction", "Brown Sugar" and "Jumpin'Jack" would take up the last half hour.

Posted by: custom55 ()
Date: October 9, 2012 01:48

Posted by: ROPENI ()
Date: October 9, 2012 02:56

With Keith's record of BS, l have doubts of anything he says,l will believe it when the big boss(Mick Jagger) actually comfirms that these shows will actully happen..tongue sticking out smiley

"No dope smoking no beer sold after 12 o'clock"

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 9, 2012 03:51

ROPENI
With Keith's record of BS, l have doubts of anything he says,l will believe it when the big boss(Mick Jagger) actually comfirms that these shows will actully happen..tongue sticking out smiley

When has he ever previously stated that shows have been booked when it turned out that they hadnt been?

Date: October 9, 2012 03:54

Gazza
ROPENI

When has he ever previously stated that shows have been booked when it turned out that they hadnt been?
Gazza, l was mainly refering to his knack for exagerating,and not always telling the truth,but l difer to you on this subject,do you think the shows will happen this year?

Posted by: More Hot Rocks ()
Date: October 9, 2012 13:15

Monkeytonkman
smileys with beer

Who is the drunk on top of the van. Stupid looking.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: October 9, 2012 13:23

Gazza
ROPENI

Thank you kindly! (Rough crowd to please here!)

eye popping smiley

Date: October 9, 2012 15:15

ROPENI
Gazza
ROPENI

Gazza, l was mainly refering to his knack for exagerating,and not always telling the truth,but l difer to you on this subject,do you think the shows will happen this year?

Barring illness or unforeseen disasters - absolutely.

yes, he's prone to exaggerating but its hard to exaggerate a statement which specifically states 'we've booked shows'...its not exactly 'we're going to book shows' or 'we'll book some shows'..Its a definitive statement which doesnt leave any room for exaggeration. So its either the truth or a 100% lie - and he's going to look incredibly stupid if he's gone to the press and gave them an 'exclusive' about something thats utter fiction.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: October 9, 2012 15:29

And to echo Gazza's point - I also mean barring any unforeseen problems of a serious nature .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-09 15:29 by Cocaine Eyes.

Date: October 9, 2012 15:30

Gazza
ROPENI
Gazza
ROPENI

yes, he's prone to exaggerating but its hard to exaggerate a statement which specifically states 'we've booked shows'...its not exactly 'we're going to book shows' or 'we'll book some shows'..Its a definitive statement which doesnt leave any room for exaggeration. So its either the truth or a 100% lie - and he's going to look incredibly stupid if he's gone to the press and gave them an 'exclusive' about something thats utter fiction.

I hear ya Gazza,its just seems really strange that after all these years the announcement would come in way of a Keith interview,rather than the big hoopla that we are accustomed to by The Stones when announcing a tour,or some shows,l still believe that indeed they will play some shows,but not this year,anyway we will see what happens..

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 9, 2012 15:45

If we look carefully the original interview - or the article - we can see that it has the promotion function for GRRR! Keith is 'just' slipping a bit too much - I guess intentionally - to make a bit buzz. I wouldn't be surprised that the official gig or even tour announcement will be done also to maximise the publiticy for their two big products of this year (GRRR! and CROSSFIRE HURRICANE).

Anyway, I just watched for the first time ever the BIGGER BANG tour document that is in youtube now (I guess originally released in THE BIGGEST BANG DVD). Much to my surprise I really liked it very much, and got almost sentimental while looking the scenes... But that really put me thinking as well that taking how high they fly there - the premises are just incredible; travelling the world, Super Bowl, Rio, China, etc. - it must be rather hard for them to really make it less profilic, with smaller venues, less gigs, just a few locations, etc. not even thinking 'just playing the blues' as some of us have wet dreams of. They all seem to love so much of all that attention, hugeness and I guess the life style involved in it. And I guess the money ain't bad either... I wonder could they really motivate themselves to actually do it 'smaller', since they have accused to that kind spectacularity in touring.

So I wouldn't be surprised if the tour will be efficiently bigger than some gigs that is speculated now. Can't seem them them having a smaller gear in their engine. No hell they would rehearse a month just for a few gigs.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-09 15:50 by Doxa.

Date: October 9, 2012 15:54

ROPENI
Gazza
ROPENI
Gazza
ROPENI

I hear ya Gazza,its just seems really strange that after all these years the announcement would come in way of a Keith interview,rather than the big hoopla that we are accustomed to by The Stones when announcing a tour,or some shows,l still believe that indeed they will play some shows,but not this year,anyway we will see what happens..

well, its not really an 'announcement' at all. He's basically added to what Ronnie said a few months ago about being told to keep October & November free and what Mick said at that London photocall in July about 'definitely' playing shows later in the year. No one has confirmed any actual dates or venues - THAT's when you'll get the sort of ' announcement' that we're more used to.

Date: October 9, 2012 15:56

Doxa
If we look carefully the original interview - or the article - we can see that it has the promotion function for GRRR! Keith is 'just' slipping a bit too much - I guess intentionally - to make a bit buzz. I wouldn't be surprised that the official gig or even tour announcement will be done also to maximise the publiticy for their two big products of this year (GRRR! and CROSSFIRE HURRICANE).

Anyway, I just watched for the first time ever the BIGGER BANG tour document that is in youtube now (I guess originally released in THE BIGGEST BANG DVD). Much to my surprise I really liked it very much, and got almost sentimental while looking the scenes... But that really put me thinking as well that taking how high they fly there - the premises are just incredible; travelling the world, Super Bowl, Rio, China, etc. - it must be rather hard for them to really make it less profilic, with smaller venues, less gigs, just a few locations, etc. not even thinking 'just playing the blues' as some of us have wet dreams of. They all seem to love so much of all that attention, hugeness and I guess the life style involved in it. And I guess the money ain't bad either... I wonder could they really motivate themselves to actually do it 'smaller', since they have accused to that kind spectacularity in touring.

So I wouldn't be surprised if the tour will be efficiently bigger than some gigs that is speculated now. Can't seem them them having a smaller gear in their engine. No hell they would rehearse a month just for a few gigs.

- Doxa

I did too, and you took the words outta my mouth there - great stuff!

The gathering at the end of the tour was cool as well smiling smiley

Posted by: pgarof ()
Date: October 9, 2012 21:03

Posted by: GumbootCloggeroo ()
Date: October 9, 2012 21:59

lame attempt at trying to be funny à la theonion.

Posted by: crumbling_mice ()
Date: October 9, 2012 22:12

Well, if they are rehearsing at the moment with a view to 4 or 5 weeks work, then the shows must be late November early December. They have usually followed pretty much straight on from rehearsals and it would be pointless to do all that and then take a long break from playing together. Therefore indoor London venues such as 02, Wembley, would seem the obvious choices

Posted by: Munichhilton ()
Date: October 9, 2012 22:16

Maybe they're just practicing "Happy Birthday To Us" for the release party?
That shouldn't take too very much outta them.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: October 9, 2012 22:51

The Rolling Stones i.e. Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie have booked a month or so in their calendars this year for recordings, rehearsals and a few shows. Then it is up to the business people to sort out dates and shows. It is a misunderstanding that they know these details. They do know that recordings come first, all done now in the chateau. Then rehearsals are next. They would not bother much about the dates at the O2, because they do not drive the car or book the hotels. In fact they don't even check in, they just walk by the reception while their luggage is taken to their suites. But there will be London shows, due to be announced pretty soon.

Bjornulf

Posted by: mickijaggeroo ()
Date: October 9, 2012 22:54

BV, what recordings would that be?

Vilhelm
Nordic Stones Vikings

Date: October 9, 2012 22:59

bv
The Rolling Stones i.e. Mick, Keith, Charlie and Ronnie have booked a month or so in their calendars this year for recordings, rehearsals and a few shows. Then it is up to the business people to sort out dates and shows. It is a misunderstanding that they know these details. They do know that recordings come first, all done now in the chateau. Then rehearsals are next. They would not bother much about the dates at the O2, because they do not drive the car or book the hotels. In fact they don't even check in, they just walk by the reception while their luggage is taken to their suites. But there will be London shows, due to be announced pretty soon.
Ok BV,you obviously know much more than us mere mortals,but you making it sound like The Stones have nothing to do with the business end of their activities,it was my understanding that at least Mick,was involved in the business part very much..

Date: October 9, 2012 23:23

I hope there are only London shows and no NYC shows so I can stop mulling over if I want to drop all this money on a NY show.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: October 9, 2012 23:28

bv

Not exactly. The possible dates are first given by the RS, then sorted out and discussed with the RS (and everybody here has a fantasy about who the RS are or is...I'll save that for antoher time). It's a misunderstanding that they don't know anything about these details. And in this case the rehearsals came first...for more than one reason. And literally it came first; after that they recorded and rehearsed again as they are doing now.

Date: October 9, 2012 23:31

Dreamer
bv

Not exactly. The possible dates are first given by the RS, then sorted out and discussed with the RS (and everybody here has a fantasy about who the RS are or is...I'll save that for antoher time). It's a misunderstanding that they don't know anything about these details. And in this case the rehearsals came first...for more than one reason. And literally it came first; after that they recorded and rehearsed again as they are doing now.

thumbs up

Goto Page: Previous1234567Next
Current Page: 2 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1988
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home