Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7
Keith: - We've booked shows
Date: October 8, 2012 14:52

NME:

Rolling Stones' Keith Richards: 'We've booked shows in London and New York'

Rolling Stones guitarist Keith Richards has revealed that the band have been booked to play live shows in London and New York.

The legendary rockers had long been rumoured to be playing live again this year to celebrate their 50th anniversary, with frontman Mick Jagger claiming in July that they were planning on sharing a stage together this autumn.

Despite speculation, the band turned down the chance to play the Olympics opening ceremony and denied reports they would play two shows at London's O2 Arena this November. But in an interview with Q magazine, Richards let slip that they had booked a run of shows in both the UK and the US – although he didn't reveal when the dates would take place.

Read more here:

[www.nme.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-09 22:53 by bv.

Re: Keith: - We've booked shows
Posted by: polandstones ()
Date: October 8, 2012 14:59

DandelionPowderman
[www.nme.com]

!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: October 8, 2012 15:03

DandelionPowderman
[www.nme.com]

You beat me to it. Great news if true.

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: Monkeytonkman ()
Date: October 8, 2012 15:04

smileys with beer

Date: October 8, 2012 15:10

Of course it's true smileys with beer

Posted by: dandelion1967 ()
Date: October 8, 2012 15:10

GREAT! Chuck and the boys rolling again!!

--------------------------------------------

"I'm gonna walk... before they make me run"

--------------------------------------------

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 8, 2012 15:20

Great Great F...f Great!!!
jeroensmileys with beerhot smiley

Posted by: marquess ()
Date: October 8, 2012 15:24

confused smiley

when??????

when?????

I have to plan my professional life....

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 8, 2012 15:34

my guess is, there will be an official statement soon. when Keef spills the beans, a little bit, Jagger cant wait to fall behind.
jeroen

Posted by: Send It To me ()

You don't gag the riffmaster!

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()

Gonna be next year now, I'm sure.

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: October 8, 2012 15:54

"We've got some shows in London, I believe, and in New York, but I really can't talk about any of that at the moment. They've put the gag on me on this. You can hint!" - Keith Richards

Well, that's as close to confirmation that it can get, but I guess there is still something open for doubting Thomases as well, if we really go to semantics and Keith's past record...grinning smiley

But I have a question. Keith speaks there of rehearsals, and I've seen some remours about them happening in France or so... (I haven't been following too closdely, though), but does anyone here know more of that? Have they really rehearsed lately (after the GRRR... sessions, that is)? Is that a fact?

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-08 15:58 by Doxa.

Posted by: duke richardson ()
Date: October 8, 2012 15:55

" a certain demon energy "

its only rock and roll
grinning smiley

Posted by: Limbostone ()
Date: October 8, 2012 16:01

Richards also said the band's rehearsals were going from strength to strength, adding: "Everybody relies upon their instincts, especially once you start working regularly together again. Because it pulls all the bits and pieces together, which when you're not working and playing with the guys, dissipates, obviously; you're not having that immediate contact.??

"But kind of two days of hanging around with the guys again, a certain demon energy takes over and you wonder where it's coming from!""

Unbelievable the kind of stories you can keep telling about an hour of rehearsals. But I supposed that when you're asked, you've got to answer something.

Posted by: RG ()
Date: October 8, 2012 16:07

Good news, but it's almost November.. I think that the shows will happen next year

Date: October 8, 2012 16:08

Limbostone

Richards also said the band's rehearsals were going from strength to strength, adding: "Everybody relies upon their instincts, especially once you start working regularly together again. Because it pulls all the bits and pieces together, which when you're not working and playing with the guys, dissipates, obviously; you're not having that immediate contact.??

"But kind of two days of hanging around with the guys again, a certain demon energy takes over and you wonder where it's coming from!""

Unbelievable the kind of stories you can keep telling about an hour of rehearsals. But I supposed that when you're asked, you've got to answer something.

Posted by: Scooby ()
Date: October 8, 2012 16:23

It must be next year now; the O2 Arena is pretty well booked up until the end of December. There are a couple of free periods in November (2nd to 4th and 18 - 21) and also in December (7th - 10th). I really can't see Mick putting up with a cold English winter! Depending on stage design/position, the arena seats 20,000 so I'm hoping for more gigs.

They haven't got much pencilled in for 2013 yet so I'm hoping for a run of say 10 nights sometime next spring.

Posted by: Happy24 ()
Date: October 8, 2012 16:49

"We've got some shows in London, I believe, and in New York, but I really can't talk about any of that at the moment. They've put the gag on me on this. You can hint!"

Keith, it looks like you don't remember...? And if you can not talk about it, why do you talk about it? :-)

No, really, it is a good news. I won't go any of those NY and London shows, I am sure there would be no way to get a ticket, but the possibility that I will have another chance to see them the next year doesn't look too unrealistic. So...great!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-08 16:51 by Happy24.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: October 8, 2012 17:05

Keith knows exactly when/where/how long the concerts will be. He's merely waiting for the legal papers to be signed, sealed and delivered. And then read them over many times by himself, Mick and Charlie.

Fear not - Keith knows it all (about the Stones plans).

Hey, even more that Chuck Leavell.grinning smiley

ETA: And this really confirms the post I made here:

[www.iorr.org]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-08 17:18 by Cocaine Eyes.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: October 8, 2012 17:31

The Q version is far more interesting:

Keith Richards has let slip to Q that the The Rolling Stones will be playing live again soon.

Speaking at the weekend (6 October), the guitarist went slightly off message and told us the band are rehearsing together - and have gigs booked.

"We've got some shows in London, I believe, and in New York, but I really can't talk about any of that at the moment," he grinned. "They've put the gag on me on this. You can hint!"

Richards let slip about the shows in the pipeline after admitting his band were a week into a month of rehearsals, which despite the band not working together recently, were now going really well, he said.

"Everybody relies upon their instincts, especially once you start working regularly together again," the guitarist said of the first week. "Because it pulls all the bits and pieces together, which when you're not working and playing with the guys, dissipates, obviously; you're not having that immediate contact.

"But kind of two days of hanging around with the guys again, a certain demon energy takes over and you wonder where it's coming from!"

Read the full interview with Keith in the next issue of Q, out 30 October.

It means A) it's a recent interview, and cool smiley they actually are rehearsing already for a week and plan to do so for a month.
Looks like the rumour I heard about rehearsing at Chateau de Fourchette could be true. Don't know if they are still there at the moment...anyone of the French Stones Club de France know something about that? Jean-Pierre, are you there?

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: October 8, 2012 18:17

Rehearsals or not, the availability of the venues is getting problematic at short notice...

My personal guess is that if they play a few shows this year, it is only do do a kind of promotion. I can imagine a PPV of the final show broadcast for "cheap" worldwide so everybody will be able to see that the band is still alive and kicking.
A few days/weeks after the broadcast, I would (if I were them) announce a full scale tour.
So I imagine that they are getting ready for a small straw of concerts considered as a teaser for the "real" tour.

So everything is conditioned by their shape and mood.
Wait and see

[doctorstonesblog.blogspot.com]

Posted by: Naturalust ()
Date: October 8, 2012 18:26

I have to smile after listening to all the IORR'ers in the last year who said this band were done. They will play till they drop dead on stage. Like Keith said "What else am I gonna do, sell insurance?" or something like that.

When your job is as fun as playing guitar at a big ass party, how could you be foolish enough to retire?

As far as venues go, I expect the Stones have some latitude there. They are so huge just a mention of them playing could likely clear most medium sized venues, possibly even some big ones.

peace

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 8, 2012 18:30

I still have a hard time to believe they can just do a couple of shows. It requires lots of rehearsals, and/or some (secret) warmup shows. If you drop them (or most bands) cold on a big stage, with just some rehearsal time, it will be a trainwreck.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 8, 2012 18:36

Great news, although not a shock at this point given the number of preannoucements and 'leaks'.

I guess the only question is whether it will evolve beyond a handful of shows on either side of the Atlantic.

The fact that they are rehearsing for an entire month could lead one to be cautiously optimistic.

Date: October 8, 2012 18:40

Koen
I still have a hard time to believe they can just do a couple of shows. It requires lots of rehearsals, and/or some (secret) warmup shows. If you drop them (or most bands) cold on a big stage, with just some rehearsal time, it will be a trainwreck.

I agree Koen. I think they (Keith especially) need 5 or 6 weeks. Even for just 4 shows in London & New York. They would make a fool of themselves. Keith already did with Elvis Costello at Chucks.
But even if they rehearse 2 months all songs sound so much like each other since the BtB-tour...what fun would that be for us? For them I understand that. I would do the same thing as long as I like it and as long as people want to see me. But for fans and professionals like us, or professional fans like us tongue sticking out smiley , it's hard to listen to more of the same.
I would say back to basics: people will come anyway so don't give them what they expect but give them what the Stones really are...

Date: October 8, 2012 18:41

I think they're at Chateau Fourchette.

smiling smiley

Date: October 8, 2012 20:06

Cocaine Eyes

smiling smiley

I haven't heard denial. Or anything else yet...

Date: October 8, 2012 20:15

Dreamer
Cocaine Eyes

smiling smiley

I haven't heard denial. Or anything else yet...

I know *someone* was there last night!smiling smiley (No, I don't mean the hired-help.....)

Posted by: phd ()
Date: October 8, 2012 20:27

Cocaine Eyes

smiling smiley

Of course they are.

Date: October 8, 2012 20:27

We must wait for Chuck's confirmation.

grinning smiley

Goto Page: 1234567Next
Current Page: 1 of 7

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1836
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home