Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
OT: Who Do You Think Is The Greatest Band Or Solo Artist NOT In The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame?
Posted by: tatters ()
Date: October 6, 2012 21:06

Don't give me a list of all of your favorite mediocre artists. Just ONE really great one.

Re: OT: Who Do You Think Is The Greatest Band Or Solo Artist NOT In The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame?
Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: October 6, 2012 21:14

Re: OT: Who Do You Think Is The Greatest Band Or Solo Artist NOT In The Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame?
Date: October 6, 2012 21:29

Onvious.

Posted by: superrevvy ()
Date: October 6, 2012 21:46

Established 1961. And kicking it the entire time.

By far the greatest not yet inducted.

I could easily come up with 45 more great tracks.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-06 22:21 by superrevvy.

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: October 6, 2012 22:03

NICK CAVE

- Nick Cave has done everything: from story telling acustic folks songs, to tender piano ballads, to experimental noise rock and avantgarde, to softer radiofriendly pop, to film score music, and writing film scripts himself and novel books too, Nick has done aggressive punk rock, country music, dark traditional blues, gothic horror rock - etc etc

- he started his career in late seventies - so he could be nominated.

- Most other bands and artist have been stickin to one style and genre - while Nick Cave does music from many different genres - real crossover artist and really influental and important - he should be in Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame already.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-06 22:10 by seitan.

Posted by: ROLLINGSTONE ()
Date: October 6, 2012 22:11

seitan
NICK CAVE

- Nick Cave has done everything: from story telling acustic folks songs, to tender piano ballads, to experimental noise rock and avantgarde, to softer radiofriendly pop, to film score music, and writing film scripts himself and novel books too, Nick has done aggressive punk rock, country music, dark traditional blues, gothic horror rock - etc etc

- he started his career in late seventies - so he could be nominated.

- Most other bands and artist have been stickin to one style and genre - while Nick Cave does music from many different genres - real crossover artist and really influental and important - he should be in Rock N Roll Hall Of Fame already.

100% agree tho' Cave himself probably doesn't give a flying-fig.

"I'll be in my basement room with a needle and a spoon."

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: October 6, 2012 22:29

Bill Wyman as a solo artist.

Posted by: stonesriff ()
Date: October 6, 2012 22:48

Kiss

Posted by: Braincapers ()
Date: October 6, 2012 23:10

Ian Hunter/Mott the hoople

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: October 6, 2012 23:29

Isn't Juthro Tull not in the Hall Of Blame?

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: October 7, 2012 00:14

Posted by: GravityBoy ()
Date: October 7, 2012 00:25

No brainer.

Posted by: mickscarey ()
Date: October 7, 2012 01:27

J Geils Band

Posted by: scottkeef ()
Date: October 7, 2012 02:33

DOUG SAHM...you cant name a major band from the 60s to the 70s that didnt feel his influence. He was the master of all genres..could and did perform them all.

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: October 7, 2012 02:50

I don't know anyone who is in there except I did hear the Stones went in there but not sure if that was just for lunch.................

but famous or not Ian Dury & the Blockheads is the second greatest band.........

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-07 03:27 by EddieByword.

Date: October 7, 2012 03:02

Marc Bolan and T. Rex

Posted by: Rialb ()
Date: October 7, 2012 03:55

Rush

Posted by: jjsteve ()
Date: October 7, 2012 03:58

Hall & Oates

Posted by: backstreetboy1 ()
Date: October 7, 2012 04:07

hall and oats,what are you on.lol.seriously the turtles.(frank zappa,mothers of invention)

Posted by: Wry Cooter ()
Date: October 7, 2012 05:14

I don't expect them in the Hall of Fame ever but the Flamin' Groovies.

It's a slow...

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: October 7, 2012 05:16

backstreetboy1
(frank zappa,mothers of invention)
Frank was inducted in 1995. Probably mainly because of the death factor and the Hall wanting to jump on the bus very late that "Frank was amazing", but either way he is in.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 7, 2012 05:24

.....well there's a stack of 'em but what about Harmonica Frank
The closest thing we'll ever get ta Huck Finn in a recording studio...

And his Rock A Little Baby from the late 50's deserves a honour ...

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: October 7, 2012 05:31

Re: the Zappa comment: I think he was just citing examples of who the Turtles performed with (and you can add T. Rex to the list).

I'll go with these guys -- get Ferry, Eno & Manzanera all in one fell swoop.

And it will never happen but the Captain is certainly worthy:

Date: October 7, 2012 06:23

grand funk railroad

Posted by: stonesfann77 ()
Date: October 7, 2012 06:23

Scotty Moore, Bill Black and DJ Fontana. The mother f#*kers who started all.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 7, 2012 06:30

When there is a legitimate "worldwide Rock And Roll Hall Of Fame", then I will let you know, until then, it is meaningless to even discuss things like this.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: October 7, 2012 07:51

I agree with all those who mention Nick Cave and that he wouldn't care if he were inducted.

Posted by: Undercover1 ()
Date: October 7, 2012 07:55

No question, without a doubt...CHEAP TRICK...for god's sake...PUT THEM IN !!!!!!

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: October 7, 2012 08:15

Hawkwind is a glaring omission when you consider the scope of their brilliance and influence.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-07 23:48 by stonesnow.

Posted by: seitan ()
Date: October 7, 2012 12:37

stonesfann77
Scotty Moore, Bill Black and DJ Fontana. The mother f#*kers who started all.

thumbs up

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1921
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home