Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2
Rolling Stones to perform in Newark, NJ -Rumor?
Posted by: claremont29 ()
Date: October 5, 2012 21:20

There is a rumor that the Stones will perform at the Prudential Center in Newark, NJ on December 16 and 17th. Anybody have other information regarding this?

Re: Rolling Stones to perform in Newark, NJ -Rumor?
Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: October 5, 2012 21:21

The Who will be there sometime in December- haven't heard anything about The Stones playing there but since it's close to me I hope the rumor has some truth to it.

Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 5, 2012 21:25

claremont29
There is a rumor that the Stones will perform at the Prudential Center in Newark, NJ on December 16 and 17th. Anybody have other information regarding this?

If you trust this story... which I dont.. but it might be true.

Exclusive: Rolling Stones Will Play Prudential Center in Newark
[www.showbiz411.com]
Exclusive: The Rolling Stones still have not sorted out their issues with the O2 Arena in London and Barclays Center in Brooklyn. But now I’m hearing they will play December 16th and 17th at the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey. Weird, huh? Why not just give into Madison Square Garden. The politics of concert promotions is too much for me to figure out. It’s still with Paul Dainty of Australia and Richard Branson introducing Virgin Live. The Barclays dates of December 6 and 7 will be worked out, I am told. It’s only rock and roll, but we like it! Hey, you know what? This will be the shortest announcement-sell through in history at this point.

Posted by: OneHourPhoto ()
Date: October 5, 2012 21:32

Max'sKansasCity
claremont29

If you trust this story... which I don't.. but it might be true.

Though the Pru Center is in much need of revenue, and could see them and AEG stepping up with the $

With losing the Nets to Brooklyn and with the NHL cancelling their first round of regular season games, the venue has empty dates that they desperately need filled.

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-05 21:35 by OneHourPhoto.

Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: October 5, 2012 21:39

Newark? Gross.

Date: October 5, 2012 21:43

OneHourPhoto
Max'sKansasCity
claremont29

If you trust this story... which I dont.. but it might be true.

Though the Pru Center is in much need of revenue, and could see them stepping up with the $

With losing the Nets to Brooklyn and with the NHL cancelligng their first round of regular season games, the venue has empty dates that they desperately need filled.

One line of that article is true (if the concerts happen)...
This will be the shortest announcement-sell through in history at this point.

It is going to be expensive to travel for this show, I hope locals in the area of the possible concert sites appreciate that... and calculate what they are willing to pay based on simply/cheaply taking a commuter train to the shows... versus paying to fly half way across the country and hotal etc etc. I went to Boston's opening night for the last tour, but there was plenty of planning time and finding bargains...But on a short fuse one must pay what one must pay and at the Holidays time of year.. it will be pricey.

tl/dr
If you live there... go see it, maybe just BUY your one ticket for $500.00... but go see it... it is a bargain considering no tavel costs.

PS
I wish there would be more time to plan.... but there may not be...
Anyway... If I can not make the shows, I hope they broadcast them... or it will hurt to know it is happening and I am not there. I hope they dont let that happen... at least offer us HighDef TV.

Posted by: claremont29 ()
Date: October 5, 2012 21:51

I live about 40 minutes away from that site and yes Newark is not the best place to visit, however, the Prudential center is a great venue. Saw the Eagles there a few years ago. Also, believe or not, there are some great resturants in that city!

Posted by: Send It To me ()
Date: October 5, 2012 22:00

i'm going to stop reading any news item that has the word "rumor" in it.

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: October 5, 2012 22:11

claremont29

Rumor!

Posted by: njlstones815 ()
Date: October 5, 2012 22:13

Rumor; The Stones to play in my back garden in Brooklyn!! 2 nights requests only!!

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: October 5, 2012 22:17

claremont29
I live about 40 minutes away from that site and yes Newark is not the best place to visit, however, the Prudential center is a great venue. Saw the Eagles there a few years ago. Also, believe or not, there are some great resturants in that city!

I agree. I live in Northern NJ and am not crazy about going to Newark but the Prudential Center area isn't that bad. I saw Roger Daltrey there last year. Anyone that can make it to Manhattan can easily make it to Newark- just a 5 minute train ride.

Posted by: Cocaine Eyes ()
Date: October 5, 2012 22:25

Dreamer
claremont29

Rumor!

Rumour and bald-faced lie!

smoking smiley

Posted by: Dreamer ()
Date: October 5, 2012 22:29

Cocaine Eyes
Dreamer
claremont29

Rumor!

Rumour and bald-faced lie!

smoking smiley

drinking smiley

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 5, 2012 23:04

bullshit news...
jeroen

Date: October 6, 2012 00:02

It depends on Chuck Leavell's view. He decides.

grinning smiley

Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: October 6, 2012 00:44

There is a rumor circulating that this rumor is merely a rumor, but nothing can be confirmed for certain...

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 6, 2012 00:47

It's not a rumor; it's a charity concert for NJ - All Newark residents that turn in their crack will receive free tix to the show!

Date: October 6, 2012 00:47

It is now officially fact that it is a rumour that is factually a rumour of rumouric purportions.

Date: October 6, 2012 00:58

RUMOURS

Posted by: Chris Fountain ()
Date: October 6, 2012 01:01

Max'sKansasCity
RUMOURS

The guy with the afro, did Don Cornelious once play for FM for Lindsy Buckingham?

Date: October 6, 2012 01:05

Chris Fountain
Max'sKansasCity
RUMOURS

The guy with the afro, did Don Cornelious once play for FM for Lindsy Buckingham?
Thats the rumor

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: October 6, 2012 01:15

A source close to the band informed that Philip Roth from Newmark (maybe this year's winner of the Nobel prize in literature) will perform Rock me baby with the Stones.

Posted by: 2000 LYFH ()
Date: October 6, 2012 01:20

njlstones815
Rumor; The Stones to play in my back garden in Brooklyn!! 2 nights requests only!!

That's cool. I'll be there, can I crash on your sofa?

Date: October 6, 2012 01:23

I heard that Paul McCartney is going to be a surprise guest and they're going to cover Led Zeppelin's Moby Dick.

Posted by: windmelody ()
Date: October 6, 2012 01:33

WeLoveToPlayTheBlues
I heard that Paul McCartney is going to be a surprise guest and they're going to cover Led Zeppelin's Moby Dick.

A special highlight will be Moby joining the session showing his Dick.

Posted by: SecondSet ()
Date: October 6, 2012 02:57

corriecas
bullshit news...
jeroen

You know nothing.

SecondSet

Posted by: EddieByword ()
Date: October 6, 2012 03:37

SecondSet
corriecas
bullshit news...
jeroen

You know nothing.

SecondSet

He's from Barcelona?

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: October 6, 2012 04:06

Oh good! More threads about rumors.

Posted by: lunar!!! ()
Date: October 6, 2012 09:56

lettingitbleed
Newark? Gross.

totally. why don't they just play in Union City while they're at it....i'm sure there is an old abandoned burned down A+P parking lot they could use if Jagger wants to save money...spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-06 10:03 by lunar!!!.

Posted by: chelskeith ()
Date: October 6, 2012 10:01

Wow, things heating up with paris, CIMD, CH, GRRR, MOMA, 02 and now two places the NJ/NY Nets will have played in the past year, who would've thought those places would hit before MSG, but....

Hope they keep this momentum going into '13...

Goto Page: 12Next
Current Page: 1 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1832
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home