Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 4 of 8
Re: ot mlb
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: October 13, 2012 07:39

Schedule for the upcoming games... starting tomorrow night.

NLDS
Game Matchup Date Time (ET) TV
Game 1 Detroit @ NY Yankees Sat, Oct 13 8:00 PM TBS
Game 2 Detroit @ NY Yankees Sun, Oct 14 4:00 PM TBS
Game 3 NY Yankees @ Detroit Tue, Oct 16 8:00 PM TBS
Game 4 NY Yankees @ Detroit Wed, Oct 17 8:00 PM TBS
Game 5* NY Yankees @ Detroit Thu, Oct 18 4:00 PM TBS
Game 6* Detroit @ NY Yankees Sat, Oct 20 8:00 PM TBS
Game 7* Detroit @ NY Yankees Sun, Oct 21 8:00 PM TBS
ALCS
Game Matchup Date Time (ET) TV
Game 1 St. Louis @ San Francisco Sun, Oct 14 8:00 PM FOX
Game 2 St. Louis @ San Francisco Mon, Oct 15 8:00 PM FOX
Game 3 San Francisco @ St. Louis Wed, Oct 17 4:00 PM FOX
Game 4 San Francisco @ St. Louis Thu, Oct 18 8:00 PM FOX
Game 5* San Francisco @ St. Louis Fri, Oct 19 8:00 PM FOX
Game 6* St. Louis @ San Francisco Sun, Oct 21 4:30 PM FOX
Game 7* St. Louis @ San Francisco Mon, Oct 22 8:00 PM FOX

Date: October 13, 2012 07:42

rocker1

Yeah, WSH in 3! You called it, Max KC! (Just joshin' ya a little -- smile...)

(Way to go, StL. Wow, amazing game tonight.)

And beings I did best at predicting the results, I win. cool smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-13 08:16 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: October 13, 2012 08:49

slew
Bryce Harper has quite a future ahead of him!

I was at the game in DC tonight. Tough loss, but part of the growing process. The Nats lost 205 games between 2008 and 2009. They've made signifant progress each year since then and are clearly on the right track. But playing in October is very different from the regular season, and finishing off an opponent takes a lot more poise than they showed tonight.

Posted by: Koen ()
Date: October 13, 2012 14:28

What an amzing comeback by the Cardinals! Go STL!

Posted by: slew ()
Date: October 13, 2012 15:06

I went to bed I'm shocked that the Cards won!! They are anamazing team that just never quits. Looks like in reading about the game that the Nats showed some inexperience. They will have their day the team is stacked for the future as long as they are willing tospend some money. But for now the Cardinals are amazing. I am looking forward to Giants-Cards should be good and go Tigers!!

Posted by: Lil' Brian ()
Date: October 13, 2012 17:31

Maybe the Rangers won't feel so bad now, huh? I guess it's just part of baseball.

Date: October 13, 2012 18:08

slew
I went to bed I'm shocked that the Cards won!! They are anamazing team that just never quits. Looks like in reading about the game that the Nats showed some inexperience. They will have their day the team is stacked for the future as long as they are willing tospend some money. But for now the Cardinals are amazing. I am looking forward to Giants-Cards should be good and go Tigers!!

Last I saw it was... top of the 8th 6-1 Nats? Does that sound right?

Posted by: rocker1 ()
Date: October 13, 2012 20:56

Max'sKansasCity
rocker1

I'll grant you that! 1 for 4 is better than 0 for 0, which was my score here. (Before the series started I was actually thinking it would be WSH in 4 games. But I am happy with this outcome esp. given how StL clawed back.)

Posted by: FrankM ()
Date: October 13, 2012 22:20

What a first round. Plenty of comebacks and Drama. I hope the ALCS and NLCS are just as good.

Crushing loss for the Nationals but they will be back next year.

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 13, 2012 22:24

Giants in 6. Yankees in 7.

Date: October 13, 2012 22:30

Giants/Yankees world series would be exciting.

Date: October 13, 2012 23:30

rocker1
Max'sKansasCity
rocker1

I'll grant you that! 1 for 4 is better than 0 for 0, which was my score here. (Before the series started I was actually thinking it would be WSH in 4 games. But I am happy with this outcome esp. given how StL clawed back.)
thumbs up Gotta give em that... they never say die... they never gave up and that is what wins... that is what won them a World Series last year... Good for them

Date: October 13, 2012 23:34

I predict Giants in 4 games and The Yankees in 6 games.

Good to see at least one other person is playing this round,
I felt kind of guilty picking up the Million Dollars in prize
money for winning the first round.

ps
Yeah... I obviously have an some kind of issue with STL
... winking smiley

Date: October 13, 2012 23:39

FrankM
What a first round. Plenty of comebacks and Drama. I hope the ALCS and NLCS are just as good.

Crushing loss for the Nationals but they will be back next year.
thumbs up
You can say that again Frank, I had a great time watching all of those games, it was wall to wall, back to back to back excitement... and this is baseball we are talking about winking smiley... but the sheer number of extra inning games and comebacks and last second wins made it awesome.

Posted by: slew ()
Date: October 14, 2012 00:15

Giants in four after what the Cardinals just did to the Nats??? I don't think so!-

Date: October 14, 2012 00:20

slew
Giants in four after what the Cardinals just did to the Nats??? I don't think so!-
See, the way the game works is, you post who you think will win, and then we wait and see. It is pretty easy actually, no need to get all "which Stones era is best" about it.

Date: October 14, 2012 03:03

Just a reminder... BATTER UP.... I wont do those update things
Game 1 Detroit @ NY Yankees Sat, Oct 13 8:00 PM TBS

Then tomorrow...
Game 2 Detroit @ NY Yankees Sun, Oct 14 4:00 PM TBS
Game 1 StLouie @ SanFrancisco Sun, Oct 14 8:00 PM FOX

Date: October 14, 2012 06:37

KER-BLAAAAAM!!! RAAAAAAAAAAA-UUUUUUULLLLLLLLLL IBANEZ!!!!!
DO WE HAVE A NEW MR OCTOBER?!!!

Raul just tied the score in the 9th inning with ANOTHER (2 RUN) HOMER

Posted by: rocker1 ()
Date: October 14, 2012 08:19

Although I really have to start doubting just how the Cardinals can continue to advance through every possible (back) door that they encounter, I do think that a Yankees vs. Cardinals World Series is just the all-time classic matchup. The franchise with the most World Series titles vs. the franchise with the second most World Series titles. (Amazing, given how StL is SUCH a small market compared to, well, just about every other team these days in MLB.)

But the '64 series, featuring these two teams--the last time they faced each other--was just classic. (StL in 7 games.) I'd like to see another series pitting these two classic franchises againsts each other. But right now, I think SF has to be considered the odds-on favorite to advance, even though I'm rooting, at heart, for the redbirds.

Date: October 14, 2012 08:22

It was sad to see Jeter need help to get off of the field....
and it rare I say this about some other team... esp them damned Yankees...
But... Get well soon Derek... MLB is better with you. thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-14 08:39 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: October 14, 2012 09:48

The Tigers will have Justin Verlander starting game 3 and game 7 (if necessary). He's as close to a guaranteed win as there is in baseball. So the Tigers may need to win only two non-Verlander games to take the series.

Without Derek Jeter in the lineup, the Yankees are probably toast. We also may have seen the last of one of the greatest shortstops ever to play the game. DJ's range had already decreased in recent years. After the broken ankle, which looked pretty bad (no word yet on ligament damage), his range may be further diminished, leading him to a position change (left field?).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-14 18:40 by ab.

Date: October 14, 2012 22:43

ab
The Tigers will have Justin Verlander starting game 3 and game 7 (if necessary). He's as close to a guaranteed win as there is in baseball. So the Tigers may need to win only two non-Verlander games to take the series.

Without Derek Jeter in the lineup, the Yankees are probably toast. We also may have seen the last of one of the greatest shortstops ever to play the game. DJ's range had already decreased in recent years. After the broken ankle, which looked pretty bad (no word yet on ligament damage), his range may be further diminished, leading him to a position change (left field?).

I wouldn't pick The Yanks to win now but let's not count them out just yet. Verlander is great but he is not facing off against a scrub. He will be facing off against CC Sabathia so his starts are nowhere near guaranteed wins.

Jeter is done for this year but he will be back next year- if he has another year like this year he will reach 3,500 hits next year.

The main problem for The Yankees isn't having to face Verlander- it's their inept offense. Only one guy (Ibanez) hitting on a consistent level and half the team not hitting at all. A-Rod and Swisher look so bad you would think they are using four inch bats. Pathetic. I think Swisher will be gone after this year. He can take his crazy phony personality elswhere.

Date: October 15, 2012 01:47

Detroit putting the hurt to the Yanks right now in the 8th inning Game 2

The highs and lows of the post season, for fans and players.... compelling

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-15 02:28 by Max'sKansasCity.

Posted by: downagain ()
Date: October 15, 2012 02:44

Thankfully the Yanks didn't score in the 8th or 9th or that (horrible) blown call at second base would have been a huge play in the series.
The Tigers are in a great position now and (despite what's posted above) Verlander isn't going to face off against CC unless the Yanks decide, now that they're down 2-0, to pitch him on short rest. Now it's supposed to be Scherzer vs. CC in game 4.
As a lifelong Tiger fan, I'm quite stoked and today was a lot less stressful than last night's crazy affair in The Bronx.

Date: October 15, 2012 02:59

downagain
Thankfully the Yanks didn't score in the 8th or 9th or that (horrible) blown call at second base would have been a huge play in the series.
The Tigers are in a great position now and (despite what's posted above) Verlander isn't going to face off against CC unless the Yanks decide, now that they're down 2-0, to pitch him on short rest. Now it's supposed to be Scherzer vs. CC in game 4.
As a lifelong Tiger fan, I'm quite stoked and today was a lot less stressful than last night's crazy affair in The Bronx.
Congrats on your team in the playoffs.... relish it.... dont miss a second...
the stress is as good as it gets.... hard on the finger nails though, eh?

Posted by: Kurt ()
Date: October 15, 2012 03:09

Go Tigers!

I'm rooting for a Tigers/Cardinals rematch!

1968 went to the Tigers.
2006 went to the Cardinals
2012 will go to the ??????

Posted by: downagain ()
Date: October 15, 2012 04:30

I will relish every moment of it. During the surprising 2006 run I got way too uptight in the World Series which was entirely disappointing after a great run beating the Yanks and A's (I was in the park for Magglio's walk off). This year I am super into the games but with a bit of a different perspective.

I don't really care who the Tigers play as either matchup would be pretty cool.
Don't forget that the Cardinals' "Gashouse Gang" also beat Detroit in '34 so the Tigers would be looking to even things up if they square off in the season's fall classic.

Date: October 15, 2012 04:50

AND THE CROWD GOES WILD!!! BALLISTIC!!!!

and the Hippy Kid The Freak comes in to hurl for SF

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-15 05:04 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: October 15, 2012 05:48

LQQK!!! Its Tony Bennett !

Date: October 15, 2012 22:18

downagain

The bad calls weren't the reason The Yanks lost (at least in game 2) but they need better umpiring than that in the postseason. The guy was tagged out with his hand two feet off the bag. That ump should join the NFL replacement refs in the hall of shame.

The series is probably over. The Tigers will not be favored in the World Series and probably won't beat either National League team but if they do I'll be happy for Jim Leland. He is a class act.

Goto Page: Previous12345678Next
Current Page: 4 of 8

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1749
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home