Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Whos seen the Boss recently..
Posted by: tipps ()
Date: September 30, 2012 23:03

Anyone seen Bruce this year and how was it? I just grabbed tickets on Friday..
got some awesome close seats, I was linin up and was first, didn't want to chance the on line or phone.

Re: OT: Whos seen the Boss recently..
Posted by: rockenrohl ()
Date: September 30, 2012 23:33

Saw him in Zurich in Juli. He was absolutely brilliant. More on the softer side for quite some time - but then, the concert was almost 3.5hrs long, so I didn't mind. It was a perfect, magical evening. Don't know how he does it - he really seems to enjoy every second on that stage even more than anyone in the audience...

Turning round, turning round
I should have known it was a one horse town

Posted by: DiscoVolante ()
Date: September 30, 2012 23:50

Saw him in Gothenburg, 7/28. I've seen him before but this concert tops everything. Jungleland was breathtaking and made me even shed some tears. One of the best concerts I've ever seen.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: September 30, 2012 23:58

..........haven't seen mum for a few days ...she visiting a friend

ROCKMAN

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: October 1, 2012 01:08

The sexually ambiguous figure in the background?

Date: October 1, 2012 01:46

Im seeing him at the end of November! grinning smiley glad you all are liking it, makes me more excited!

Posted by: stonesriff ()
Date: October 1, 2012 03:38

Ive seen 5 shows on this tour so far.
Greensboro
Phili Wells Fargo
MCI Center in DC
Nationaks Park in DC
Met Life Stadium. Friday show.

Going to charlottesvile, VA. And Pittsburgh.

The band just keeps getting better. Setlist are great. They play for 3 hours and 20 min avg. Full of energy!

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: October 1, 2012 03:53

I'm a huge Bruce fan, so my view is a little bias but:

I saw him early on this tour. 4th show of the tour in Boston, MA. It was my 7th time seeing him and my expectations were low. The first tour without Clarence, I had seen him on the Working On A Dream tour and assumed that he wouldn't be as good as he was late on that tour as he would be early on. But I missed seeing him early on the Working On A Dream tour, and those early shows are interesting with him finding a direction of the show so I really wanted to catch one early this time.

I'm not a huge fan of Wrecking Ball. I think its good, but behind Magic and The Rising out of his albums post E Street reunion. The new material works amazing live though, and my expectations were blown away at that Boston show. He played for 2 hours and 50 minutes and the whole show was fantastic. Without Clarence, Bruce has upped his energy and its truly a marvel to see. How he does it at 63 I have no idea. And Clarence's nephew is also fantastic. I had my doubts about him, but he plays the solos perfectly and it adds this new life. You are missing Clarence, but really enjoy and root Jake (his nephew) on and the whole thing just works.

I just saw him again back to back on the Friday and Saturday show at Metlife Stadium. Both beyond incredible shows. The Friday show was like seeing a rarities club show in a stadium and it was so refreshing. He threw so many curveballs but keeps everyone in the venue interested. And the Saturday show ended up getting delayed until 10:30 because of rain, and at midnight it turned Bruce's birthday. He played till 2 AM and had a rowdy birthday bash. Not the best show of his I have ever seen, but incredibly special with his birthday and everything. A once in a lifetime show.

You are in for a treat with close seats. I have a feeling you'll have a blast. He's truly getting better and better on this tour and it really shows him newly invigorated. And yeah, he's been playing for 3 hours plus average from Europe until recently. I don't know if that'll chance or not with the move back to arenas, but either way you are in for at least a 2 and a half hour show. The setlists are great, the band is on fire. If you are a Bruce fan, I can't imagine you having anything less than an amazing time. I figured it was too soon for him to come back since 2009, but after seeing him 3 times, I wish I could see him more on this tour. He's just that good.

Sorry to set the expectations really high lol! But especially if you haven't seen a show this tour, you are in for a huge treat. And even if you have like me, I keep wanting to see him again.

Date: October 1, 2012 06:30

RollingFreak
I'm a huge Bruce fan, so my view is a little bias but:

I saw him early on this tour. 4th show of the tour in Boston, MA. It was my 7th time seeing him and my expectations were low. The first tour without Clarence, I had seen him on the Working On A Dream tour and assumed that he wouldn't be as good as he was late on that tour as he would be early on. But I missed seeing him early on the Working On A Dream tour, and those early shows are interesting with him finding a direction of the show so I really wanted to catch one early this time.

I'm not a huge fan of Wrecking Ball. I think its good, but behind Magic and The Rising out of his albums post E Street reunion. The new material works amazing live though, and my expectations were blown away at that Boston show. He played for 2 hours and 50 minutes and the whole show was fantastic. Without Clarence, Bruce has upped his energy and its truly a marvel to see. How he does it at 63 I have no idea. And Clarence's nephew is also fantastic. I had my doubts about him, but he plays the solos perfectly and it adds this new life. You are missing Clarence, but really enjoy and root Jake (his nephew) on and the whole thing just works.

I just saw him again back to back on the Friday and Saturday show at Metlife Stadium. Both beyond incredible shows. The Friday show was like seeing a rarities club show in a stadium and it was so refreshing. He threw so many curveballs but keeps everyone in the venue interested. And the Saturday show ended up getting delayed until 10:30 because of rain, and at midnight it turned Bruce's birthday. He played till 2 AM and had a rowdy birthday bash. Not the best show of his I have ever seen, but incredibly special with his birthday and everything. A once in a lifetime show.

You are in for a treat with close seats. I have a feeling you'll have a blast. He's truly getting better and better on this tour and it really shows him newly invigorated. And yeah, he's been playing for 3 hours plus average from Europe until recently. I don't know if that'll chance or not with the move back to arenas, but either way you are in for at least a 2 and a half hour show. The setlists are great, the band is on fire. If you are a Bruce fan, I can't imagine you having anything less than an amazing time. I figured it was too soon for him to come back since 2009, but after seeing him 3 times, I wish I could see him more on this tour. He's just that good.

Sorry to set the expectations really high lol! But especially if you haven't seen a show this tour, you are in for a huge treat. And even if you have like me, I keep wanting to see him again.

Thanks for your input, I'm hyped up for this show, can't wait.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: October 1, 2012 06:58

Got tickets on Wednesday (club seat presales) for the Vancouver show so it'll be McCartney Sunday and Bruce Monday night. Hopefully one shows up for the others show! Also going to see Alice Cooper at the Queen E a couple weeks prior.

Posted by: palerider22 ()
Date: October 1, 2012 07:26

Title5Take1
The sexually ambiguous figure in the background?

That cover is worse than Dirty Work....

Posted by: RollingFreak ()
Date: October 1, 2012 08:14

DGA35
Got tickets on Wednesday (club seat presales) for the Vancouver show so it'll be McCartney Sunday and Bruce Monday night. Hopefully one shows up for the others show!
Obviously, there is no confirmation or anything, but there have been rumors among Bruce fans that a possible guest spot is in the offing. Mainly because Paul guested with Bruce in Europe this summer and they had that whole big deal with the plug getting pulled on the two of them at the end of Bruce's Hyde Park set. Does that mean Bruce guests with Paul or Paul again with Bruce to make up for that past appearance which surprisingly got heavily publicized? Who knows. But the fact that it happened is leading Bruce fans to think another guest appearance isn't as unlikely as it normally would be, simply because the two have played together very recently and were both apart of this publicized occurrence.

Date: October 1, 2012 19:16

DGA35
Got tickets on Wednesday (club seat presales) for the Vancouver show so it'll be McCartney Sunday and Bruce Monday night. Hopefully one shows up for the others show! Also going to see Alice Cooper at the Queen E a couple weeks prior.

I might see you there, thats the show I'm going to also. Where are you sitting?

Posted by: sweetcharmedlife ()
Date: October 1, 2012 19:28

Saw 4 show on the first US leg in the spring. Getting ready for 3 more shows in the fall.thumbs up

"It's just some friends of mine and they're busting down the door"

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: October 1, 2012 20:03

hope he will return to Holland next year.
jeroen

Date: October 1, 2012 22:05

Hi tipps, from previous posts I figured you were going to the Vancouver show. The company my brother works for has Canuck season tickets in the club seats, section 107 row 16 I believe. Awesome seats for concerts, between the blue line and center ice. We park underground so that saves alot of time.
First time we parked underground was Van Halen 2007 and it took ages to get out but now we've got it down to a science. As soon as the show is over we rush downstairs and get out and we're out before most of the crowd has left the building. Within five minutes we're out of downtown and on First Ave en route to Highway 1 to get back out to the valley!

Posted by: Angus MacBagpipe ()
Date: October 1, 2012 22:35

I'll be at the Vancouver show too (GA tickets). All these positive reviews are really encouraging - thanks!

I'm not a big McCartney fan, but having him show up would certainly be a bonus. McCartney's next gig will be in Edmonton, so my guess is he'll stay in Vancouver an extra day or so after his show.

Date: October 1, 2012 23:18

I actually can't recall the last show I ever saw that was general admission on the floor, not including places like the Commodore. I don't think I've ever been to a show at BC Place, Rogers or the Coliseum that was general admission.

Date: October 2, 2012 07:26

DGA35
I actually can't recall the last show I ever saw that was general admission on the floor, not including places like the Commodore. I don't think I've ever been to a show at BC Place, Rogers or the Coliseum that was general admission.

I'm in section 105

Posted by: JK ()
Date: October 2, 2012 13:05

I have seen 2x Gothenburg + Helsinki. Very good shows. Gothenburg2 and Helsinki unbeliveable.

Posted by: ab ()
Date: October 2, 2012 13:11

I've seen three Springsteen shows this year: opening night at Madison Square Garden, NYC (April 6), New Orleans Jazzfest (April 29) and Nationals Park, DC (September 14). Each one was brilliant. The Jazzfest show was a quasireligious experience.

Posted by: ryanpow ()
Date: October 2, 2012 16:55

Posted by: RG ()
Date: October 2, 2012 17:25

Saw him on Pinkpop Festival in the Netherlands in May. Great show. Really like his latest album.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1609
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home