Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Question for Pink Floyd fans, is this interview in circulation?
Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: September 30, 2012 14:53

Just got a load of old Reel To Reels at a car boot sale.

Going through them currently and I have just found what seems to be a BBC? radio interview with Roger Waters, circa 1979.

The interviewer is Tommy Vance and they are discussing The Wall and playing cuts from the album.

Can anyone tell me if this is in circulation among Pink Floyd collectors?
If not, I will digitize the tape and share it on a Torrent site.

I can't wait to see what else lurks on these tapes!!!!

Re: OT: Question for Pink Floyd fans, is this interview in circulation?
Posted by: rpc2uk ()
Date: September 30, 2012 16:00

Don't know if the Roger Waters is in circulation but you reminded me of listening to the radio when I was a teenager. Friday nights was always "The Friday Rock Show" with Tommy Vance (TV on the radio was his catchphrase). Had a great voice for a rock show and boy was I disappointed when I saw him hosting Top Of The Pops, looked nothing like I imagined.

I remember him doing 2 hour specials where he just played music from one year. I recorded the 1970 special on my sisters cassette recorder placed in front of the radio speaker. Cost me a fortune as I had to go down to the record shop and buy all these great bands he was playing.

The Roger Waters interview if I remember right was broadcast just before the album came out. Went down to the record shop and bought it the day it came out. Would love to hear this again.

Cheers - Richard

Re: OT: Question for Pink Floyd fans, is this interview in circulation?
Posted by: stonesnow ()
Date: October 8, 2012 02:48

Here is the transcript of the interview.

www.rogerwaters.org/79wallint.html

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1746
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home