Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Movie ticket stub 1974
Posted by: rolling1us ()
Date: February 9, 2023 18:04

Just found this add at etsy.
[www.etsy.com]

No way this can be real, can it ? As far as i know there were no shows in 1974.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-09 18:20 by bv.

Re: Ticket stub 1974
Posted by: TornAndFried ()
Date: February 9, 2023 18:17

It is real, but it is not a ticket to an actual Stones concert. It's a ticket to a showing of the concert film "Ladies and Gentlemen: The Rolling Stones" It was a big event when it came out in the spring of 1974 and in several cities like New York, LA, Chicago, etc. they showed it in large theaters with a JBL quadrophonic sound system, and sold reserved tickets through outlets like Ticketron. This particular ticket looks like it was from the midnite showing at the Zigfeld Theater in NYC, on 3/29/74. [en.m.wikipedia.org]

Edited 4 time(s). Last edit at 2023-02-09 18:37 by TornAndFried.

Re: Movie ticket stub 1974
Posted by: rolling1us ()
Date: February 9, 2023 18:25

Ah, that explains it.

Thanks for your quick response

Posted by: TheBluesHadaBaby ()
Date: February 10, 2023 22:23

TornAndFried
It is real, but it is not a ticket to an actual Stones concert. It's a ticket to a showing of the concert film "Ladies and Gentlemen: The Rolling Stones" It was a big event when it came out in the spring of 1974 and in several cities like New York, LA, Chicago, etc. they showed it in large theaters with a JBL quadrophonic sound system, and sold reserved tickets through outlets like Ticketron. This particular ticket looks like it was from the midnite showing at the Zigfeld Theater in NYC, on 3/29/74. [en.m.wikipedia.org]

2000-ish on Ebay I bought an original movie theater lobby poster, the smaller ones, I forget what they call them, from the 1974 theater showings. The full size poster was available too but I didn't buy it.

Didn't see the Ladies and Gentlemen concert film itself (did see the actual '72 tour though) until I bought a bootleg dvd later in the 2000s.

Posted by: filstan ()
Date: February 12, 2023 02:08

TornAndFried

This was a fantastic experience. I think I went to three shows where it played in (Fine Arts Theater?)Chicago. It was like going to a concert. It was loud and in your face rocking stuff. When you walked into the seating area one could spy these huge speaker sets placed in the front and back. Sadly, the secondary release in the theaters revealed a massive degradation in the audio quality. Even more disappointing was when the Stones released this as a DVD and Blu-ray and the audio just pales in comparison to that initial theater run in Quadraphonic. They could have done this so much better! That 72 tour film deserves top quality sound! Maybe someday we will get an official remastered soundboard release?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1838
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home