Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2
Re: Ladies and gentlemen box set on sale at Amazon for £15
Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 29, 2012 20:39

I bought it for the scarf...with winter 'round the corner, I can look styling and keep warm.

Posted by: odean73 ()
Date: October 5, 2012 15:06

Recieved mine yesterday.

Once again a big thanks.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: October 5, 2012 16:42

Also got mine yesterday. You gotta keep looking at the prices of those box sets at Amazon. Two of the Pink Floyd Immersion boxsets - Dark Side Of The Moon and Wish You Were Here have tumbled from £80 to £59 recently.

I also got the Bruce Springsteen - The Promise Blu Ray boxset for £49 on there and it started off at about £80.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-06 01:41 by Silver Dagger.

Posted by: kowalski ()
Date: October 6, 2012 00:08

Still waiting for mine... Glad to know that some already arrived.

Date: October 6, 2012 04:17

Silver Dagger
Also got mine yesterday. You gotta keep looking at the prices of those box sets at Amazon. Two of the Pink Floyd Immersion boxsets - Dark Side Of The Moon and Wish You Were Here have tumbled from £80 to £59 recently.

I also got the Bruce Springsteen - The Promise Blu Ray boxset for £49 on there and it started off at about £80.

Yeah it doesn't seem to pay to buy early...though some of the boxes actually go up a lot in price if you wait too long though.

ie, the vinyl box sets, which I bought for $140-150 range are now each about $350-400.

Posted by: Doc ()
Date: October 6, 2012 11:05

amazon.de made a bargain or mistake on GRRR! deluxe box set.
There was a specific thread about that a while ago

Date: October 6, 2012 16:14

Doc
amazon.de made a bargain or mistake on GRRR! deluxe box set.
There was a specific thread about that a while ago

I was a beneficiary of that error!

Posted by: Erhard51 ()
Date: October 6, 2012 19:26

Last month EUR 19,95 in Media Market Duisburg-Marxloh. I don´t know, if sold out now.

Posted by: Erik_Snow ()
Date: October 9, 2012 10:24

Recieved my box yesterday, nice item, thx again Silver Dagger

But I can't believe they cut out Brown Sugar and Street Fighting Man from MSG 1972 on the Dick Cavett show bonus DVD. What for? When watching that backstage footage and interviews, all one does is waiting for them to go onstage, it's just so silly that they didn't include that on the DVD. Not that I don't have it on boot, but the quality here is so great, so....

Not that I'm complaining about the product when considering it costed 15 pounds, but if I had paid full price.....

Wonder how long we'll have to wait for Charlie Is My Darling to be on sale with price sliced in 2, or 3, or 4 ?

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: October 9, 2012 11:52

Erik_Snow

But I can't believe they cut out Brown Sugar and Street Fighting Man from MSG 1972 on the Dick Cavett show bonus DVD. What for? When watching that backstage footage and interviews, all one does is waiting for them to go onstage, it's just so silly that they didn't include that on the DVD. Not that I don't have it on boot, but the quality here is so great, so....

Not that I'm complaining about the product when considering it costed 15 pounds, but if I had paid full price.....

Wonder how long we'll have to wait for Charlie Is My Darling to be on sale with price sliced in 2, or 3, or 4 ?

If memory serves, didn't the Dick Cavett show clips of MSG appear on an official Cavett DVD a couple of years ago? I remember contacting the production company at the time and asking if they had the rest of the show and they wouldn't confirm or deny if they did.

Date: October 9, 2012 11:56

Father Ted
Erik_Snow

If memory serves, didn't the Dick Cavett show clips of MSG appear on an official Cavett DVD a couple of years ago? I remember contacting the production company at the time and asking if they had the rest of the show and they wouldn't confirm or deny if they did.

Yes it was released on that Cavett DVD box. On that release; they had REMOVED Taylor's solo on Brown Sugar ...! I guess the reason was that Rolling Stones were still an "active band", 5 years ago and wouldn't remind people about how good Taylor was....at least that's one possibility about why they removed the solos, allthough just speculations.

Anyway, the edits on the Cavett box makes it especially silly that they didn't include the entire thing in the L&G deluxe; as some of the material then would be "new" outside the boot-market.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-09 12:01 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: Silver Dagger ()
Date: October 9, 2012 14:02

Erik_Snow
Father Ted
Erik_Snow

Yes it was released on that Cavett DVD box. On that release; they had REMOVED Taylor's solo on Brown Sugar ...! I guess the reason was that Rolling Stones were still an "active band", 5 years ago and wouldn't remind people about how good Taylor was....at least that's one possibility about why they removed the solos, allthough just speculations.

Anyway, the edits on the Cavett box makes it especially silly that they didn't include the entire thing in the L&G deluxe; as some of the material then would be "new" outside the boot-market.

Apparently it was His Majesty who heard it was coming out and complained so bitterly about Mick Taylor's solo that they decided to remove it - just to get him off their backs!

Date: October 9, 2012 14:20

-

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-10-09 21:34 by Erik_Snow.

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: October 9, 2012 15:45

Got mine today.
Splendid smiling smiley
Thanks all for the tip.

Runs on my flatscreen as of NOW!

Posted by: flairville ()
Date: October 12, 2012 23:02

Unbelievable now £11.99 at Play.com.

Date: October 12, 2012 23:11

flairville
Unbelievable now £11.99 at Play.com.

I bought mine for £15...it hasn't even arrived yet and I feel ripped off!

Posted by: Roscoe ()
Date: October 12, 2012 23:20

Is this a 12" x 12" box or some other weird size? Thx.

Posted by: Gazza ()
Date: October 12, 2012 23:26

Roscoe

Yep...well 11.5 x 11.5 or thereabouts (just measured it!)

Date: October 13, 2012 16:04

Gazza
Roscoe

Yep...well 11.5 x 11.5 or thereabouts (just measured it!)

Is that why the price on this is going down? It's shrinking?!

Posted by: skl127 ()
Date: October 14, 2012 14:26

Got mine coming - it's on the way, already got the 'normal' vesion, but couldn't resist this expanded jobbie.

Thanks for the heads up!

Cheers

Posted by: chriseganstar ()
Date: October 14, 2012 14:38

Thanks....just got mine for £14.68 plus postage...brilliant !!

Satisfied since 1976

Posted by: skl127 ()
Date: October 18, 2012 12:00

Got mine now, very impressed, excellent value for money, the scarf, the film cell, the hardback book, the DVDs! Very well packaged, thumbs up to Eagle Rock.

Cheers for the heads up

Posted by: LieB ()
Date: October 18, 2012 12:08

Erik_Snow

I have the Cavett box (great dvds!) and watched the Brown Sugar / SFM clips several times, but don't remember hearing Mick T's solos edited. Weird.

Posted by: strettonbull ()
Date: October 18, 2012 12:08

Thanks for the heads up - just ordered one.

Posted by: BBrew ()
Date: October 18, 2012 14:12

Mine arrived yesterday!!

Posted by: RobberBride ()
Date: October 18, 2012 15:05

My filmcell:

Date: October 18, 2012 15:57

Got mine yesterday too!

Goto Page: Previous12
Current Page: 2 of 2

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1676
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home