Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3
New Bill Wyman album coming!
Posted by: Mabru ()
Date: August 23, 2022 13:23

The keyboard-player and also producer of Mark Knopfler Guy Fletcher revealed on one of the questions which readers him can ask that he is lately producing a new Bill Wyman album.
Some news i didn't expect.

[guyfletcher.co.uk]

Re: New Bill Wyman album coming!
Posted by: Spud ()
Date: August 23, 2022 13:27

The only type of album I'd expect from Bill these days is the type with his collection of something or other stuck in it grinning smiley

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 23, 2022 14:26

Mabru
The keyboard-player and also producer of Mark Knopfler Guy Fletcher revealed on one of the questions which readers him can ask that he is lately producing a new Bill Wyman album.
Some news i didn't expect.

[guyfletcher.co.uk]

Cool dude. Turns down a Roxy Music tour in order to produce Bill's album... The priorities right.

- Doxa

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 23, 2022 15:13

Bill’s been more prolific than our boys!!!

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 23, 2022 15:52

VoodooLounge13

thumbs up

Posted by: StonedRambler ()
Date: August 23, 2022 16:17

VoodooLounge13
"Being prolific don't mean a shit"
- Keith Richards

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-23 16:18 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: Spud ()
Date: August 23, 2022 16:45

StonedRambler

- Keith Richards

It might do after a curry

Posted by: doitywoik ()
Date: August 23, 2022 17:02

In the absence of a new Stones album there's plenty of room for some Bill.

Date: August 23, 2022 19:08

StonedRambler
VoodooLounge13
- Keith Richards

It does when we're salivating like a Pavlov dog for some new music!!!!

Date: August 23, 2022 21:29

VoodooLounge13
StonedRambler
VoodooLounge13
- Keith Richards

It does when we're salivating like a Pavlov dog for some new music!!!!
There will probably some small anticipation for the album for a week or so and then nobody will talk about it or listen to it anymore. It's probably gonna be as mediocre as his last 5 or 6 albums were.

There is so much great music from young artists coming every week that is far more exciting and interesting than what any of our guys could do now at this age. So I don't care anymore about that. But if they are working on something, they better should do it right, take all the time they need (even if that means another 10 years) since that one is surely be the last. Nobody needs another A Bigger Bang.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 23, 2022 22:51

VoodooLounge13

I don't think he is performing in front of 3/4 of a million people every year.

Bjornulf

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: August 24, 2022 00:42

His last album was much better than Keith's. The single, "What & How & If & When & Why" is really good. Quirky, but that's what you'd expect from Wyman. Of course he can't sing, but Keith can't hardly either at this point.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 24, 2022 03:15

Great news - looking forward to it.
Maybe Keith and/or Mick will guest on it.
Maybe even a special guest spot from Mick Taylor...thumbs up

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-24 03:17 by Hairball.

Date: August 24, 2022 04:34

Hairball
Great news - looking forward to it.
Maybe Keith and/or Mick will guest on it.
Maybe even a special guest spot from Mick Taylor...thumbs up

Maybe Taylor. I think Bill was right ten years when they 'reunited' on stage. He thinks they never forgave him for leaving. Don't know why they'd hold a grudge. It was one less split on the money. Now they can pay the bass player like a hired hand. No, there seems no way to bring these people together. Maybe Bill wouldn't want to play with the Stones without his good mate Charlie. It shows you that no matter how rich and famous you get, people can still be petty.

Date: August 24, 2022 06:05

bv
VoodooLounge13

True but I was talking about studio releases. New music.

Date: August 24, 2022 10:22

24FPS
His last album was much better than Keith's. The single, "What & How & If & When & Why" is really good. Quirky, but that's what you'd expect from Wyman. Of course he can't sing, but Keith can't hardly either at this point.
The song itself was quite good. But with that "singing", or should you rather call it talking, every good song is a wasted one. Keith also isn't a "good" singer, but he has so much charisma it makes up for it. Bill has not.

Posted by: KRiffhard ()
Date: August 24, 2022 10:31

VoodooLounge13
bv
VoodooLounge13

...and not blues cover!!

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 24, 2022 10:39

VoodooLounge13
bv
VoodooLounge13

That was BV’s point, I suspect: he’s arguing that the Stones haven’t had the time, due to all the performing since 2012. Mind you, it isn’t as if there hasn’t been down time!

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: August 24, 2022 10:44

KRiffhard
VoodooLounge13
bv
VoodooLounge13

...and not blues cover!!

I wouldn't be so sure. The latest Wyman studio albums were full of (blues) covers.

Posted by: bv ()
Date: August 24, 2022 10:59

VoodooLounge13
bv
VoodooLounge13

Bill Wyman is one person, one person who decide what to record and what to release. Mick and Keith are two people they need to decide what to record and when and how and why and so on and on. Also they tour every year, and 2 out of 3 in the band have small children to care for. Comparing a solo artist recording with a band does not make any sense at all to me.

It is great to see new music from Bill, but I don't think it makes any sense to say that he is more productive than The Rolling Stones.

Bjornulf

Date: August 24, 2022 12:43

Also the Stones have a certain expectation of quality. Everything they release can possibly. be torn apart by the critics. That's why they take their time and do not just release "something".

Bill on the other hand can release anything he wants as nobody cares about it anyway. If he wasn't in the Stones I'm not even sure he could make a living from that music he releases as a solo artists.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-24 12:43 by StonedRambler.

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: August 24, 2022 18:04

24FPS

keith vocally ran circles around bill on crosseyed heart

between mick, keith, ronnie and bill keith is in my opinion the one with best voice of all of them at the moment

and comparing there voices from 30 years ago to today his is the one in the best shape and the least changed too

well maybe ronnie's is the least changed

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-24 18:08 by ProfessorWolf.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: August 24, 2022 18:49

Any news if unsigned copies will be available?

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 24, 2022 22:01

Whatever one thinks of Bill's solo material, I'm just grateful he's still creating music.

Date: August 25, 2022 01:43

ProfessorWolf
24FPS

between mick, keith, ronnie and bill keith is in my opinion the one with best voice of all of them at the moment

and comparing there voices from 30 years ago to today his is the one in the best shape and the least changed too

Please. Keith's 'singing' has barely been listenable for more than 20 years, though it's actually improved a little lately. And Keith's music is pretty much all the same. At least Bill's had some novelty to it. Of course no one would care if Bill wasn't a former Stone. But if Keith were an unknown solo artist no one listen to him either.

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: August 25, 2022 04:55

Looks like I need to get my Quadrophonic Monkey Grip 8-track out and get into the groove for some Wyman rock & roll. Sure wish I hadn't swapped away my Stone Alone reel-to-reel!!!

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Date: August 25, 2022 06:22

24FPS
ProfessorWolf
24FPS

Please. Keith's 'singing' has barely been listenable for more than 20 years, though it's actually improved a little lately. And Keith's music is pretty much all the same. At least Bill's had some novelty to it. Of course no one would care if Bill wasn't a former Stone. But if Keith were an unknown solo artist no one listen to him either.

i personally really enjoyed bill's last album and am looking forward to the next one eagerly

but i can see we're not gonna see eye to eye on keith

so let's just agree that it's a minor miracle that after just a couple years since the last one and despite his age bill's giving us yet another solo album to look forward to

Date: August 25, 2022 06:25

stonesstein
Looks like I need to get my Quadrophonic Monkey Grip 8-track out and get into the groove for some Wyman rock & roll. Sure wish I hadn't swapped away my Stone Alone reel-to-reel!!!

ahh you lucky bastard you have a quad deck?

i've been looking for one for years

though i do have monkey grip on regular 8-track

Date: August 25, 2022 08:15

ProfessorWolf
24FPS
ProfessorWolf
24FPS

i personally really enjoyed bill's last album and am looking forward to the next one eagerly

but i can see we're not gonna see eye to eye on keith

so let's just agree that it's a minor miracle that after just a couple years since the last one and despite his age bill's giving us yet another solo album to look forward to

I've always found Keith's solo efforts lacking. Look, Bill's not a great solo artist, but he has come up with a couple novelty hits, 'Je Suis Un Rockstar, and 'What & How & If & When & Why'. Neither were dependent on Bill being a great singer. Keith's greatest solo hit is 'Take It So Hard', which is really just a Stones B-side. Mick is a better solo artist than Keith, making sounds different from the group. This is not a putdown of Keith. Of course he's going to sound like the Stones. The only problem is that he's always sounded better within the group. He never even wanted to do solo work.

Posted by: Big Al ()
Date: August 25, 2022 13:33

Bill’s Ju Suis Un Rockstar faired better on the U.K. singles chart than Mick or Keith solo release; Dancing in the Street, aside. I think Ju Suis reaches the dizzying heights of #14 It stayed in the top-40 for a reasonable time, too.

I should listen to it. I have heard it before, though don’t recollect the melody.

Goto Page: 123Next
Current Page: 1 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2217
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home