Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Steel Wheels rehearsals at JFK 8/29 and 8/30
Posted by: jason8903 ()
Date: January 8, 2023 22:14

I have read that a full stage setup was used at JKF stadium the nights before the opening night. Does anyone have any pictures or video of these rehearsals? I have also read that a few dozen fans where able to get to watch, please comment and tells us your experience if you were one of the lucky ones.

Re: Steel Wheels rehearsals at JFK 8/29 and 8/30
Posted by: slewan ()
Date: January 8, 2023 23:02

Posted by: jason8903 ()
Date: January 9, 2023 18:27

Thanks, but i am really looking for picture's of what the stadium looked like with that stage setup it in. Also does anyone know or remember if the shows were to take please at JFK was there going to GA on the field.

Posted by: HouseBoyKnows ()
Date: January 9, 2023 23:11

I went there both nights, living about a 15 minute drive away at the time. Maybe 20-30 people sitting outside our cars, many with folding lawn chairs. We had to stay behind the stage in the adjacent parking lot so we could not see the stage or the band. I remember being a bit concerned that I was ruining the surprise for opening night with some of the unusual tunes being rehearsed like 2000LR, PIB, RT, PWF, etc.

I had recently attended the Toad's Place gig in New Haven. So it was all a bit surreal and exciting after no US shows since December 1981.

JFK had been condemned as unsafe and the Wells Fargo Center now sits on that site. The concerts were held at Veteran's Stadium which has also been turned into a parking lot for Citizen's Bank Park and Lincoln Financial Field (Go EAGLES!)

There's probably another thread about this somewhere on IORR.

HBK

Posted by: KindaBlue ()
Date: January 10, 2023 00:17

HouseBoyKnows
I went there both nights, living about a 15 minute drive away at the time. Maybe 20-30 people sitting outside our cars, many with folding lawn chairs. We had to stay behind the stage in the adjacent parking lot so we could not see the stage or the band. I remember being a bit concerned that I was ruining the surprise for opening night with some of the unusual tunes being rehearsed like 2000LR, PIB, RT, PWF, etc.

I had recently attended the Toad's Place gig in New Haven. So it was all a bit surreal and exciting after no US shows since December 1981.

JFK had been condemned as unsafe and the Wells Fargo Center now sits on that site. The concerts were held at Veteran's Stadium which has also been turned into a parking lot for Citizen's Bank Park and Lincoln Financial Field (Go EAGLES!)

There's probably another thread about this somewhere on IORR.

HBK

I was invited to go with a group to Toad's Place that night. In my wisdom, I decided not to go.

I went with a different group to the second night in Philadelphia.

Both, lasting memories!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 2069
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home