Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Stray Cat Blues?
Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 31, 2022 01:55

Tried to find the 'track talk', but it was buried so deep somewhere, with no easy guide, so I gave up.

So let's just say: Steven Tyler. The end of an era of idiocy or start of it? Thoughts?

(The reason I put the issue under this title is due to the tv documentary that was discussing this very issue and was started with this song. But, of course, if this topic is too difficult for adult souls adoring a pop band to discuss, let this thread to be delated.)

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-31 01:57 by Doxa.

Re: OT: Stray Cat Blues?
Date: December 31, 2022 02:25

Way too difficult for me to associate it with Steven Tyler, or I just missed something. Anyway for the show below the buried SCB track talk link. The studio version has one of the most intriguing intro's the Stones ever came up with:

[iorr.org]

Posted by: SomeTorontoGirl ()
Date: December 31, 2022 02:30

TheflyingDutchman
Way to difficult for me to associate it with Steven Tyler, or I just missed something…

You missed something, but it’s pretty recent.

[www.cbc.ca]

Date: December 31, 2022 02:33

Here's the track talk smiling smiley [iorr.org]

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: December 31, 2022 02:34

An wonderful song indeed, The FlyingDutchman, but the association comes through if you just follow latest news. Try just to Google 'Steven Tyler'...

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-31 02:35 by Doxa.

Date: December 31, 2022 02:41

IC : Now Mick Jagger will have to change the lyrics of at least a dozen of the Stone's repertoire, which I hope he doesn't. The Stones have a free-pass on such matters to me. grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-31 02:44 by TheflyingDutchman.

Posted by: bitusa2012 ()
Date: December 31, 2022 05:42

TheflyingDutchman
IC : Now Mick Jagger will have to change the lyrics of at least a dozen of the Stone's repertoire, which I hope he doesn't. The Stones have a free-pass on such matters to me. grinning smiley

Free pass on lyrics, not on such actions if such things ever came to light, I hope.

Rod

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-31 05:43 by bitusa2012.

Date: December 31, 2022 12:41

bitusa2012
TheflyingDutchman

Free pass on lyrics, not on such actions if such things ever came to light, I hope.

Quite obvious.

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: December 31, 2022 14:37

The lyrics reflect a different time - before everyone became so "enlightened" and easily offended. It's only rock and roll.

Posted by: Congratulations ()
Date: December 31, 2022 14:53

Elmo Lewis
The lyrics reflect a different time - before everyone became so "enlightened" and easily offended. It's only rock and roll.

I'm neither enlightened or offended...

Great music is timeless, and (to my ears) never needs to be changed, explained or banished.

Posted by: stonesstein ()
Date: December 31, 2022 16:16

Congratulations
Elmo Lewis

Great music is timeless, and (to my ears) never needs to be changed, explained or banished.

Quite well said on both ends .......

stonesstein

Kick me like you did before
I can't even feel the pain no more
Rocks Off, 1972

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: December 31, 2022 17:15

Congratulations
Elmo Lewis

Exactly!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1795
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home