Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234567891011Next
Current Page: 1 of 11
Their Satanic Majesties Request - 50th Anniversary out September 2017
Posted by: Deltics ()
Date: July 30, 2017 01:25

50th Anniversary Special Audiophile Edition limited hand numbered.
Special Edition foldout packaging includes restored original Lenticular, not available for over 30 years.
180gm Vinyl and Hybrid SACD versions of both Mono and Stereo versions of the album.
Both recordings newly remastered by Bob Ludwig at Gateway Mastering.
20-page book, with essay by Rob Bowman, includes Michael Cooper's photos from original cover shoot.
Lacquer cutting by Sean Magee at Abbey Road Studios.

Released September 22, 2017

[www.amazon.com]

"As we say in England, it can get a bit trainspottery"

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2022-12-08 15:57 by bv.

Re: Their Satanic Majesties Request - 50th Anniversary edition
Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: July 30, 2017 01:25

Sorry: same time

Re: Their Satanic Majesties Request - 50th Anniversary edition coming in September
Posted by: Ricky ()
Date: July 30, 2017 01:26

...and title !!!
but different source.

Re: Their Satanic Majesties Request - 50th Anniversary edition coming in September
Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: July 30, 2017 01:31

WOW..... >>>>nice ...... MONO too .... Great stuff .....

ROCKMAN

Posted by: boogaloojef ()
Date: July 30, 2017 02:48

No bonus tracks = no dice.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: July 30, 2017 03:16

Interesting songszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz............list......

Edit:

Excuse me. Their Satanic Majesties Request is what it is since 1967. Some great songs on it, we know.

But why 4 CD-discs with the same 10 tracks?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-30 03:22 by RipThisBone.

Posted by: Cristiano Radtke ()
Date: July 30, 2017 03:22

RipThisBone
Interesting songszzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz............list......

Edit:

Excuse me. Their Satanic Majesties Request is what it is since 1967. Some great songs on it, we know.

But why 4 CD-discs with the same 10 tracks?

2 CDs and 2 LPs, mono and stereo versions.

Posted by: RipThisBone ()
Date: July 30, 2017 03:25

thumbs up

smileys with beer

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: July 30, 2017 04:08

You gotta be kidding ...

Disc: 1
1. Sing This All Together
2. Citadel
3. In Another Land
4. 2000 Man
5. Sing This All Together (See What Happens)
6. She's A Rainbow
7. The Lantern
8. Gomper
9. 2000 Light Years From Home
10. On With The Show

Disc: 2
2. Citadel
3. In Another Land
4. 2000 Man
6. She's A Rainbow
7. The Lantern
8. Gomper
10. On With The Show

Disc: 3
2. Citadel
3. In Another Land
4. 2000 Man
6. She's A Rainbow
7. The Lantern
8. Gomper
10. On With The Show

Disc: 4
2. Citadel
3. In Another Land
4. 2000 Man
6. She's A Rainbow
7. The Lantern
8. Gomper
10. On With The Show

Posted by: schillid ()
Date: July 30, 2017 04:33

See if they fixed the dead-end in the maze in the gatefold

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: July 30, 2017 04:39

This is nice but are they just following The Beatles again? Would rather have had a 50 year AFTERMATH set last year with the great out takes

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: July 30, 2017 05:30

I wonder if this means we're getting 50th's for Beggar's and LIB?

Can't imagine ABKCO would stop with TSMR, and agree that overlooking Aftermath was a missed opportunity.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: July 30, 2017 09:42

Not the reported ordure that delayed my getting the CD, but this reissue would need outtakes to tempt me.

Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: July 30, 2017 10:42

X

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2018-07-11 11:14 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: July 30, 2017 10:46

Gonna pass on this one, thanks.
Jeroen

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: July 30, 2017 12:00

The mono is fantastic, but we just got it earlier this year. Should be a disc of crappy outtakes at least....lol

Date: July 30, 2017 12:17

Maindefender
The mono is fantastic, but we just got it earlier this year. Should be a disc of crappy outtakes at least....lol

It should at least have a deluxe version with some (I wouldn't mind all of them) songs from the fantastic Satanic Sessions.

Posted by: shortfatfanny ()
Date: July 30, 2017 13:36

I'll skip that one but looking forward to the Fonda show...

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: July 30, 2017 14:20

Why this? For the craziest hardcore fans?

Posted by: Maindefender ()
Date: July 30, 2017 14:27

DandelionPowderman
Maindefender

It should at least have a deluxe version with some (I wouldn't mind all of them) songs from the fantastic Satanic Sessions.

It's only the 50th anniversary, that's asking a lot....eye rolling smileyconfused smiley

Posted by: DrPete ()
Date: July 30, 2017 17:42

The lack of any new material was probably a band decision

Posted by: Monsoon Ragoon ()
Date: July 30, 2017 17:56

The outtakes are even crazier than Gomper etc. That's why no bonus tracks

Date: July 30, 2017 18:43

Maindefender
DandelionPowderman
Maindefender

It's only the 50th anniversary, that's asking a lot....eye rolling smileyconfused smiley

Yeah, it's baffling that they didn't do more out of this. Could have been a marvellous release.

I'll buy it anyway...

Posted by: jlowe ()
Date: July 30, 2017 23:12

I wonder what happened to ABKCO's 'Clear Classic Vinyl' series?
Six albums released 2013/4...but none since.
Perhaps they didn't sell.

Posted by: eduardoacdc ()
Date: July 31, 2017 00:10

JFC

I still haven't listen to the whole thing and maybe won't even for this release.

Date: July 31, 2017 00:37

jlowe

Well, who was ever going to buy them?
Only Stones completists.
The sad fact is that ABKCO have got nothing that is going to interest the mass market, most of their artists are all from the sixties and before and few of them are likely to sell in any kind of quantity.
See here: [www.abkco.com]
Klein may well have finessed the Stones' back catalogue from them but he really didn't leave much else to his offspring.
All that's left to them is the Stones and licensing to soundtracks and TV commercials.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2017-07-31 00:41 by Deltics.

Posted by: gimme_shelter ()
Date: July 31, 2017 00:45

Deltics
jlowe

Only Stones completists.
The sad fact is that ABKCO have got nothing that is going to interest the mass market, most of their artists are all from the sixties and before and few of them are likely to sell in any kind of quantity.
Klein may well have finessed the Stones' back catalogue from them but he really didn't leave much else to his offspring.
All that's left to them is the Stones and licensing to soundtracks and TV commercials.

Still looking forward to that extensive boxset of the orlons!

Date: July 31, 2017 01:21

gimme_shelter
Deltics
jlowe

Only Stones completists.

Only if it's in clear vinyl!

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: July 31, 2017 01:49

Deltics
gimme_shelter
Deltics
jlowe

Only Stones completists.

Only if it's in clear vinyl!
With original but not cropped picture winking smiley

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: July 31, 2017 04:07

I recently got TSMR from the library, the 2002 ABKCO SACD version. I ripped it and made myself a copy, tucking it in between the Honolulu '66 concert and Beggars Banquet. And there it sits. I've yet to have any desire to listen to it.

Goto Page: 1234567891011Next
Current Page: 1 of 11

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1911
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home