Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 4 of 9
Re: Why The Dislike For Motley Crue?
Posted by: Max'sKansasCity ()
Date: September 18, 2012 04:33

Are you sure you guys are not just still holding a grudge against gas pumpers from the time that gas station attendant reported The Stones for pissing anywhere they want... and got them arrested?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-18 04:40 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: September 18, 2012 04:37

What? I thought they only pissed where the did.

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: September 18, 2012 05:21

xxx

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-18 05:22 by SKILLS.

Posted by: SKILLS ()
Date: September 18, 2012 05:23

Hey hey how did you get access to my old account name BowieStone

BowieStone
keefriffhard4life
BowieStone
Nikki Sixx is a talentless poser. He thinks he's cool, but actually he's the only one who thinks that.
But on the other hand: Dr Feelgood & their debut are fun albums. Even a track or two I like from Shout at the devil.

And yes; The Dirt is a great read even if you think there's a lot of made up stuff in there.

so you say sixx is talentless and then say they have some ok songs? sixd writes pretty much everything they do

I wrote some ok songs myself, but I have no talent whatsoever.
What makes those crue songs fun is that massive bob rock sound on the dr feelgood album. And the opposite on the debut...amateurish but fun. The songs themselves are never an example of great songwriting. A lot of it is nicked.

Posted by: Title5Take1 ()
Date: September 18, 2012 06:13

Would Mick get a tattoo of Keith?

Date: September 18, 2012 06:15

because they stink?

just guessin here

impartially, Motley Crue really does suck. i don't spend a lot of time rating bad music though so they might not actually be the worst ever, but they are off the radar of discerning music enthusiasts though for sure

why? i dunno

maybe because they make Kiss look like musical genius's by comparison

Date: September 18, 2012 06:32

yeah... Best part of this thread is how mostly predictable the names/replies are. The only thing missing is good ole tele (who must be on sabbatical or something) going all Ted Nugent on the Crue... oh well, he can make up for lost time when he gets back.... dont make us start a missing thread for you Mister! winking smiley

Posted by: slew ()
Date: September 18, 2012 06:34

I can see them being fun in concert but to sit down and listen to them, No! they are not very good!!!

Posted by: 71Tele ()
Date: September 18, 2012 09:14

Max'sKansasCity
yeah... Best part of this thread is how mostly predictable the names/replies are. The only thing missing is good ole tele (who must be on sabbatical or something) going all Ted Nugent on the Crue... oh well, he can make up for lost time when he gets back.... dont make us start a missing thread for you Mister! winking smiley

Hey, I was trying to stay out of this one! My opinion of Crue and their ilk is what you would expect it to be. Hey, I like brains with my music. Enough said. Maybe too much said. Enjoy the Crue. smoking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-18 09:16 by 71Tele.

Date: September 18, 2012 09:18

There he is... he isnt lost at all.

Date: September 18, 2012 09:21

Max'sKansasCity

No, been moving...Don't worry, I have no heart for getting all "Nugent" about Motley Crue.

Date: September 18, 2012 09:25

71Tele
Max'sKansasCity

No, been moving...
well... you know what they say... if ya gotta move... then...

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: September 18, 2012 09:28

Yeah Why? Maybe because three of the members been married to Playboy-models...grinning smiley

2 1 2 0

Date: September 18, 2012 09:30

Max'sKansasCity
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity

No, been moving...
well... you know what they say... if ya gotta move... then...

Good one Max. I should put that one on the hi-fi set right now.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: September 18, 2012 10:16

keefriffhard4life
BowieStone
keefriffhard4life
BowieStone
keefriffhard4life
BowieStone
Nikki Sixx is a talentless poser. He thinks he's cool, but actually he's the only one who thinks that.
But on the other hand: Dr Feelgood & their debut are fun albums. Even a track or two I like from Shout at the devil.

And yes; The Dirt is a great read even if you think there's a lot of made up stuff in there.

so you say sixx is talentless and then say they have some ok songs? sixd writes pretty much everything they do

What makes those crue songs fun is that massive bob rock sound on the dr feelgood album. And the opposite on the debut...amateurish but fun. The songs themselves are never an example of great songwriting. A lot of it is nicked.

well sixx has written hits for other artists (meatloaf, lia ford, alice cooper, saliva) and a few others so he must be doing something right

Hits? I checked the list. There is just one song I know... And that's because I own the Hey Stoopid album.

so because you don't know the artists/songs they weren't hits? the song he wrote for saliva was one of the biggest rock radio hits, the song he wrote for lita ford was a rock radio hit and had a music video, he wrote pretty much the first half of meatloaf's album COULDN'T HAVE SAID IT BETTER including the title track that had a pretty popular video.

A hit, to me, is a song known to a wide audience. Me, being a member of a wide audience, do not know those songs (I do know the artists though). So those songs were not hits. Let's say that a hit is a top 10 song in a general chart. Not a rock video male duo vocal MOR chart.

Posted by: BowieStone ()
Date: September 18, 2012 10:29

SKILLS
Hey hey how did you get access to my old account name BowieStone

BowieStone
keefriffhard4life
BowieStone

I have this nickname for about 8 years on this board.

Date: September 18, 2012 11:15

71Tele
Max'sKansasCity

Hey, I was trying to stay out of this one! My opinion of Crue and their ilk is what you would expect it to be. Hey, I like brains with my music. Enough said. Maybe too much said. Enjoy the Crue. smoking smiley

thats funny someone thinks the stones write music you have to think about

Date: September 18, 2012 11:18

keefriffhard4life
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity

Moonlight Mile vs. Home Sweet Home. Presumably the best ballads of both bands - a no brainer...

Posted by: Glammy ()
Date: September 18, 2012 11:26

I think that Mötley's show on "The Tour" with Kiss is superb. Much better than the same old same old Kiss show. The music, on the other side, sucks donkey balls. Its beyond terrible. Vince Neil can't sing for shit and most of their songs in general are extremely weak.

Date: September 18, 2012 11:30

Glammy
I think that Mötley's show on "The Tour" with Kiss is superb. Much better than the same old same old Kiss show. The music, on the other side, sucks donkey balls. Its beyond terrible. Vince Neil can't sing for shit and most of their songs in general are extremely weak.

I catched the Kiss-show in Oslo this summer, just to have seen them before they retire.

The show was amazing!

Date: September 18, 2012 11:30

DandelionPowderman
keefriffhard4life
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity

Moonlight Mile vs. Home Sweet Home. Presumably the best ballads of both bands - a no brainer...

artists like peter gabriel, YES and dream theater write songs you have to think about not the stones

Date: September 18, 2012 11:35

keefriffhard4life
DandelionPowderman
keefriffhard4life
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity

artists like peter gabriel, YES and dream theater write songs you have to think about not the stones

ALL artists make songs that, to various degrees, makes you think. Some more than others. The Rolling Stones more of that than Motley Crüe. Agree?

Date: September 18, 2012 11:39

DandelionPowderman
keefriffhard4life
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity

I never did much care for Home Sweet Home... but I always liked Moonlight Mile... but it not really a competition between the two gropups... they are different genres. Which is better? Well I have even never looked at a Crue message board, let alone post to one, so I pick The Stones... but it doesnt mean that the Crue suck... it not a gang thing, it is not a bloods versus crips thing. But I do agree with the point about music being less about thinking and more about feeling. Music for feeling. Math for thinking... and never the twain shall meet.

Date: September 18, 2012 11:46

DandelionPowderman
keefriffhard4life
DandelionPowderman
keefriffhard4life
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity

ALL artists make songs that, to various degrees, makes you think. Some more than others. The Rolling Stones more of that than Motley Crüe. Agree?

well yeah i guess but then again there were songs like:

Date: September 18, 2012 11:47

Max'sKansasCity
DandelionPowderman
keefriffhard4life
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity

I never did much care for Home Sweet Home... but I always liked Moonlight Mile... but it not really a competition between the two gropups... they are different genres. Which is better? Well I have even never looked at a Crue message board, let alone post to one, so I pick The Stones... but it doesnt mean that the Crue suck... it not a gang thing, it is not a bloods versus crips thing. But I do agree with the point about music being less about thinking and more about feeling. Music for feeling. Math for thinking... and never the twain shall meet.

I know, but it was a reply to the poster who claimed that The Stones's music never made him think.

For me, Moonlight Mile creates a lot that makes my mind wonder, hence a good example, imo. But that's just me smiling smiley

Date: September 18, 2012 11:50

DandelionPowderman
Max'sKansasCity
DandelionPowderman
keefriffhard4life
71Tele
Max'sKansasCity

I know, but it was a reply to the poster who claimed that The Stones's music never made him think.

For me, Moonlight Mile creates a lot that makes my mind wonder, hence a good example, imo. But that's just me smiling smiley
I agree with that... same with "Winter".

Posted by: terraplane ()
Date: September 18, 2012 11:52

I have never heard their music. Then I saw this thread and went to Youtube to listen to a couple of songs. I did not hear one reedeeming quality. How did they get so big?

Date: September 18, 2012 11:57

terraplane
I have never heard their music. Then I saw this thread and went to Youtube to listen to a couple of songs. I did not hear one reedeeming quality. How did they get so big?
Probably exercise, eating right and taking their vitamins... and maybe lifts and/or platform heels

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-18 11:59 by Max'sKansasCity.

Date: September 18, 2012 12:48

DandelionPowderman
I've tried to listen to Motley Crüe many times. They are lame, they're not a rocking band, imo.

From the same era, this is, imo, the real deal - what they should have been (and perhaps tried to be). Too bad they killed the drummer.

Love Hanoi; Dandy, did you like it when Monroe and McCoy reformed in 02?

Date: September 18, 2012 12:56

Palace Revolution 2000
DandelionPowderman
I've tried to listen to Motley Crüe many times. They are lame, they're not a rocking band, imo.

From the same era, this is, imo, the real deal - what they should have been (and perhaps tried to be). Too bad they killed the drummer.

Love Hanoi; Dandy, did you like it when Monroe and McCoy reformed in 02?

Loved it! Saw them two times. Both shows were unbelievably good!

Goto Page: Previous123456789Next
Current Page: 4 of 9

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1623
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home