Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: 'Charlie Is My Darling - 1965 Irish Tour' DVD/Blu-ray Deluxe Version
Posted by: dadrob ()
Date: September 18, 2012 23:46

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 18, 2012 23:46

Green Lady
treaclefingers
corriecas
ok, but thats the blue ray version.
i mean the dvd and 2 cd version. amazon dont have that one , or i dont know
jeroen

It's the SuperDeluxe version, with Blu Ray, DVD, 2 Cds and VINYL!

This is actually nicely priced...

[www.amazon.com]

now quit yer complainin'! >grinning smiley<

I'm not going to quit my complainin' until Amazon UK lists more than just the basic DVD.

I feel your pain...I've check .de, .ca and .co.uk and none of them have the Super Deluxe set even listed. I'm sure they will eventually.

Even though I'm from Canada, and can get free shipping by ordering from the .ca website, I'll often order from overseas as for some reason it can be far cheaper. Worth checking me thinks.

Posted by: jackflash27 ()
Date: June 16, 2022 17:47

Just received the super deluxe box of this film and listening to the extra disc (vinyl) Live in England '65. I'm quite overwhelmed by the energy they had onstage in these days.

This is truly a great representation of their performance on stage in the early sixties. The rawness, energy, and power they express is just fantastic. The reaction and screaming of the audience is also great. This is indeed a Got Live if you want it (EP), extended version, but better en more intense. A great document and a joy to listen to. They should have give this disc a stand alone treatment. Now it's muffled away as a bonus disc of a not so very commercial film. It deserves a better treatment in my opinion.

Posted by: 24FPS ()
Date: June 17, 2022 05:31

I am always amazed when I listen to the early Stones. Where did this overpowering energy come from? I think it's ultimately expressed through 'I'm Movin' On'. It's manic. It truly is incredible that two people who knew each other, and three strangers, came together and meshed so quickly. The Beatles were together six years before they hit. The Stones for two.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 17, 2022 06:25

Charlie Is My Darling is a remarkable set. Really I don't think it gets the cred it deserves!!

Posted by: northof49 ()
Date: June 17, 2022 07:19

24FPS
I am always amazed when I listen to the early Stones. Where did this overpowering energy come from? I think it's ultimately expressed through 'I'm Movin' On'. It's manic. It truly is incredible that two people who knew each other, and three strangers, came together and meshed so quickly. The Beatles were together six years before they hit. The Stones for two.

What i've always found to be truly incredible about I'm Moving On is the Rolling Stones treatment of it. Originally recorded by Hank Snow in 1950, it was a country song and about as country as you can get as well. The Stones completely turned the song on its head to the extent that i never imagined it to have its origin in country music. True genius on the Stones part. Not only are they the world's greatest rock n' roll band but perhaps also the world's greatest cover band.

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 17, 2022 14:44

It's available on iTunes etc, but I wish they would release the live album as a stand alone, available to buy in the shops album!

I could do without the looped screaming being so obvious, the screams can be minimised a bit by selecting mono output, but still, it's ace!

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: June 17, 2022 15:54

His Majesty
It's available on iTunes etc, but I wish they would release the live album as a stand alone, available to buy in the shops album!

I could do without the looped screaming being so obvious, the screams can be minimised a bit by selecting mono output, but still, it's ace!

Where are you from? You sometimes find the Super Deluxe Edition including CD and Vinyl sometimes very cheap.

Right now for $59 on Amazon US

[www.amazon.com]

Posted by: His Majesty ()
Date: June 17, 2022 16:01

I know, but better the music is available as a stand alone album, free of this boxset.

Date: June 17, 2022 16:30

This release came really early in the 'box set' era...what a release.

I think you could make an argument this was the best of all of them, certainly amazing value, and just a beautiful package.

I saw the movie for the first time a couple of years before the official release, when Andrew Loog Oldham premiered a very grainy/pixilated internet-digital-sourced version at a local theatre (3 min walk from my house at the time) in Vancouver.

Wild seeing this and Andrew in the flesh taking questions from the audience after.

Posted by: DGA35 ()
Date: June 17, 2022 22:08

treaclefingers

I think you could make an argument this was the best of all of them, certainly amazing value, and just a beautiful package.

I saw the movie for the first time a couple of years before the official release, when Andrew Loog Oldham premiered a very grainy/pixilated internet-digital-sourced version at a local theatre (3 min walk from my house at the time) in Vancouver.

Wild seeing this and Andrew in the flesh taking questions from the audience after.

I recall him doing this, what theatre was he at? I know he was living in Vancouver and he even taught a music course up in Kamloops at Thompson Rivers University.

Date: June 18, 2022 03:39

DGA35
treaclefingers

I recall him doing this, what theatre was he at? I know he was living in Vancouver and he even taught a music course up in Kamloops at Thompson Rivers University.

It was the Rio Theatre on Broadway, which I lived about 4 blocks away at the time. I remember having the flu but wanted to see it so I took a Neo Citran and battled it out for a pretty fun evening.

Man you wouldn't think of going anywhere sick nowadays!

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: June 23, 2022 15:51

His Majesty
I know, but better the music is available as a stand alone album, free of this boxset.

Actually, the music was released as its own in 2014, as a digital download. The title was, Live 1965: Music From Charlie Is My Darling

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-06-23 15:51 by VoodooLounge13.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1840
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home