Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3
Re: 'Charlie Is My Darling - 1965 Irish Tour' DVD/Blu-ray Deluxe Version
Posted by: Glam Descendant ()
Date: September 17, 2012 22:54

Gazza
the running time of the DVD/blu ray seems to clock in at around 150 minutes.

Three times longer than what we've had in circulation until now.

That makes sense as it's going to include 3 versions of the film.

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: September 17, 2012 23:01

Glam Descendant
Gazza

What do you mean by 3 versions?

Date: September 17, 2012 23:13

treaclefingers
Glam Descendant
Gazza

Original version, Director's Cut, and 2012 version

Posted by: Honestman ()
Date: September 18, 2012 01:57

meanwhile...

HMN

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 18, 2012 02:13

Glam Descendant
treaclefingers
Glam Descendant
Gazza

Or the video version the dvd and blu ray version all on one disk.........150 minutes!!!! well I'm curious now

Date: September 18, 2012 02:23

NICOS
Glam Descendant
treaclefingers
Glam Descendant
Gazza

Or the video version the dvd and blu ray version all on one disk.........150 minutes!!!! well I'm curious now

ORRRRRRRRR....the original B & W, the colourized version, and the 3D version!!!

Date: September 18, 2012 03:54

"ABKCO has announced that the director's cut of the movie, the producer's cut of the movie and the 2012 version of the movie will be available in all of these formats."

Posted by: retired_dog ()
Date: September 18, 2012 04:26

Erik_Snow
retired_dog
CD2 looks very much like an expanded Got Live If You Want It EP to me - which would be great, to say the least. While some of the Got Live-outtakes are already available available on boots for some years (Down The Road Apiece, Time Is On My Side, Everybody Needs Somebody To Love - full version), it's great to finally get them in "official" quality, while one of the true finds here is obviously "Little Red Rooster" - most probably the version that Bill Wyman chose for the abandoned "Black Box" project back in the mid-seventies.

So CD2 is most probably from the March 1965 UK tour recordings which generated the Got Live-EP, while the live recordings on CD1 are most likely from Ireland 1965 as recorded for or in connection with the movie.

I was thinking nearly the same. CD2 must be the extended GLIYWI EP - which really deserve an official release. But when it comes to disc 1, it's disappointing that most tracks are studio versions - and probably even the common official studio versions. Apart from the "Everybody" intro, there's only 4 live tracks on disc 1

It's still seems to be a great watch/listen. Hope it won't be too expensive, but I reckon it will be

Me too! But if I count the money that I paid for boots in the past decades, this will still be a bargain in comparison!

Anyway, I will take the tracks from CD2, add "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" (live Ireland) from CD1 plus "Around And Around" (live Ireland 1965) from Blueray/DVD and burn my own compilation - and will most likely end up with one of, if not the most exciting and powerful rock'n'roll live album(s) ever!

Posted by: Happy Jack ()
Date: September 18, 2012 07:00

retired_dog
Erik_Snow
retired_dog
CD2 looks very much like an expanded Got Live If You Want It EP to me - which would be great, to say the least. While some of the Got Live-outtakes are already available available on boots for some years (Down The Road Apiece, Time Is On My Side, Everybody Needs Somebody To Love - full version), it's great to finally get them in "official" quality, while one of the true finds here is obviously "Little Red Rooster" - most probably the version that Bill Wyman chose for the abandoned "Black Box" project back in the mid-seventies.

So CD2 is most probably from the March 1965 UK tour recordings which generated the Got Live-EP, while the live recordings on CD1 are most likely from Ireland 1965 as recorded for or in connection with the movie.

I was thinking nearly the same. CD2 must be the extended GLIYWI EP - which really deserve an official release. But when it comes to disc 1, it's disappointing that most tracks are studio versions - and probably even the common official studio versions. Apart from the "Everybody" intro, there's only 4 live tracks on disc 1

It's still seems to be a great watch/listen. Hope it won't be too expensive, but I reckon it will be

Me too! But if I count the money that I paid for boots in the past decades, this will still be a bargain in comparison!

Anyway, I will take the tracks from CD2, add "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" (live Ireland) from CD1 plus "Around And Around" (live Ireland 1965) from Blueray/DVD and burn my own compilation - and will most likely end up with one of, if not the most exciting and powerful rock'n'roll live album(s) ever!

Are we sure that all of the tracks on Disc 1 have all been booted or are reissued? Satisfaction stands out for me. THe version on disc 1 is supposedly only 2'26 while the studio version is 3'44. For all we know this version may be the elusive 1st version from Chess with the Harmonica. That would be awesome!

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: September 18, 2012 09:39

Why can't i preorder this and crossfire hurricane on Amazon?

JumpingKentFlash

Posted by: muenke ()
Date: September 18, 2012 11:20

JumpingKentFlash
Why can't i preorder this and crossfire hurricane on Amazon?

Maybe because you are a little "to early". It is not even listed an amaon.de, amazon.com is a bit faster:

[www.amazon.com]

I´m really really looking forward to this one, this is much more exiting than GRRR or two new tracks or a 2005gig from the vaults to download or anything discussed so far as a new release!

Posted by: vancouver ()
Date: September 18, 2012 12:08

proudmary
'Charlie Is My Darling' is an insightful look at the Rolling Stones in 1965

If you want an engaging look at the Rolling Stones in their youthful prime, decades before they became legends playing massive venues, then look no further than "Charlie Is My Darling - Ireland 1965," which has been lovingly restored for an official release. On September 14, 2012, the New York Film Festival and ABKCO presented an advance screening of the film to journalists in New York City. I was one of the lucky people in attendance, and I'm happy to say that the visual and sound qualities for this movie are top-notch. It was a real treat to see this film in a theater instead of on a TV screen. (The media screening took place at the Walter Reade Theatre, where the movie's other New York Film Festival screenings will be held.)

As previously reported, "Charlie Is My Darling - Ireland 1965" will have its world premiere at the New York Film Festival on September 29, 2012, at 7 p.m Eastern Time. An encore screening will take place on October 3, 2012, at 8:30 p.m. Eastern Time. Tickets went on sale on September 9, 2012.

It has not been announced if the Rolling Stones will attend the premiere.

The movie's TV premiere will be on a network, date and time to be announced, but it should be in the autumn of 2012.

On November 6, 2012, ABKCO will release the movie in these three formats:

DVD
Blu-ray
Super deluxe box set that will include a DVD, Blu-ray, 2 CDs and a vinyl LP.

ABKCO has announced that the director's cut of the movie, the producer's cut of the movie and the 2012 version of the movie will be available in all of these formats.

Peter Whitehead directed, photographed and edited the 1965 version of the movie, while Andrew Loog Oldham (the Rolling Stones' manager at the time) was also a producer of the film.

The 2012 restored version of the movie was directed by Mick Gochanour and produced by Robin Klein.

As the movie's title indicates, the documentary (filmed entirely in black and white) captures the Rolling Stones on tour in Ireland in 1965, just weeks after "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" hit No. 1 and became an iconic anthem. "Charlie Is My Darling Ireland 1965" holds the distinction of having the first filmed performance of the Rolling Stones doing "(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction" in concert.

The film chronicles the tour in all of its chaotic, frenzied glory, including the hysterical reactions from fans that included audience members storming the stage until a concert had to be shut down by police, as well as screaming teenage girls chasing after the Stones at a train station and the band jumping across the train tracks in order to get away.

In one of the early scenes, guitarist Keith Richards is standing calmly somewhere when all of a sudden a female fan standing near him plucks out a hair out of his head. He exclaims, "Ow!" in a somewhat shocked and annoyed manner before walking away.

In another scene later in the movie, the Stones are eating at a restaurant, while curious onlookers peer through a window at the restaurant, as if they're looking at exotic animals in a zoo.

At the beginning of the movie, there's a clever bit of editing, as an interviewer asks Rolling Stones fans outside a concert venue which band member is their favorite. As various fans give different answers, the band member who is named is then shown talking about how the fame has affected them.

Rolling Stones drummer Charlie Watts talked about having an "inferiority complex" as a drummer in a rock band.

Rolling Stones guitarist Brian Jones commented, "The future as a Rolling Stone is very uncertain. My ultimate aim in life was never to be a pop star. I enjoy it ... but I'm not really satisfied about it artistically or personally."

Rolling Stones bass player Wyman said: "I always wanted to be a musician. I always wanted to be in a band. It was so impossible and so unlikely that I dismissed it ... I always wanted to be, and then I was."

Rolling Stones lead singer Mick Jagger stated, "You're not the same person on stage that you are the rest of the time ... You're very, very egotistical. I mean, you're acting. You're doing an act. It's not really you."

Rolling Stones lead singer Mick Jagger stated, "You're not the same person on stage that you are the rest of the time ... You're very, very egotistical. I mean, you're acting. You're doing an act. It's not really you."

Jagger was then asked, "What do you set out to do in your act?"

He replied, "Entertain people."

Later in the movie, in another interview, Jagger is asked how egotistical he is off stage compared to how egotistical he is on stage. He grinned and said, "About half as egotistical."

However much "acting" Jagger did on screen in this movie, he did provide some visionary insight into the seismic shift in society coming from young people at the time: "For the last two or three years, young people have been (and this especially applies to America), instead of carrying on the way their parents told them to, they started this thing where they're anti-war, and love everybody, and their sexual lives have become freer. It's a different moral value, because they know they're going to get all the things that they were thought were impossible 50 years ago."

Keep in mind that Jagger made these comments two years before the "flower power" movement culminated in the Summer of Love in 1967.

In another scene that says volumes, when audience members ran up on stage during one of the Stones concerts, Jagger, Richards and Jones left the stage to go to a safer place as more and more audience members swarmed the stage. But even as the concert was falling apart around them, Wyman and Watts kept stoically playing, until they could play no more and were rushed off stage by security personnel.

Wyman commented on the crowd-control problems at Rolling Stones concerts, "The officials keep pushing back all the time, and the kids ... are trying to see."

Jagger added, "I wouldn't say that the Beatles are the symbol of authority, or any authority, but when the Beatles went to Germany, the same thing happened."

After that frenzied melee, there's a somber moment when Wyman is told that one of the female fans at the curtailed concert ended up hospitalized with a fracture, and he has an expression of helpless concern on his face.

But lest anyone forget that these are the Rolling Stones in 1965 (who were considered the ultimate rebel band at the time), they are seen smoking on a train as the camera cuts to a sign on the train that says "No Smoking."

Oldham is a constant presence on screen, as he accompanied the band on that tour, but he is barely shown saying anything in the movie. However, Oldham is often seen joining in during the off-stage jam sessions shown in the movie. This is where we see the Stones at their most relaxed and brotherly. During these jam sessions (in what look like dressing rooms or hotel rooms), the Stones perform mostly cover songs, such as "Eight Days a Week," "Where Will the Dimple Be," "Salty Dog" and "Blueberry Hill."

The concert scenes are simply electrifying. Most people seeing this movie weren't there to experience the Rolling Stones on tour in Ireland in 1965, but "Charlie Is My Darling" really is the next best thing to being there.

"Charlie Is My Darling - Ireland 1965" songs in the movie

Time Is on My Side - performed by the Rolling Stones
I've Just Seen a Face - performed by Mick Jagger an Keith Richards
Eight Days a Week - performed by Mick Jagger and Keith Richards
I Feel Fine - performed by Mick Jagger and Keith Richards
Where Will the Dimple Be - performed by Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Andrew Loog Oldham
You Need Hands - performed by Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Andrew Loog Oldham
By the Beautiful Sea - performed by Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Andrew Loog Oldham
Maybe It's Because I'm a Londoner - performed by Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Andrew Loog Oldham
Salty Dog - performed by Keith Richards, Charlie Watts and Brian Jones
Needle of Death - performed by Keith Richards
Everybody Needs Somebody to Love - performed by the Rolling Stones
Pain in My Heart - performed by the Rolling Stones
Around and Around - performed by the Rolling Stones
Santa, Bring My Baby Back to Me - performed by Mick Jagger and Keith Richards
Blueberry Hill - performed by Mick Jagger and Keith Richards
That's When Your Heartaches Begin - performed by Mick Jagger and Keith Richards
Are You Lonesome Tonight - performed by Mick Jagger and Keith Richards
A Teenager in Love - performed by Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Andrew Loog Oldham
Theme for a Rolling Stone - performed by the Andrew Loog Oldham Orchestra
I'd Much Rather Be With the Boys - performed by Mick Jagger, Keith Richards and Andrew Loog Oldham
Play With Fire - performed by the Rolling Stones
I'm Alright - performed by the Rolling Stones
Blue Turns to Grey - performed by Mick Jagger and Keith Richards
Heart of Stone - performed by Mick Jagger and Keith Richards
(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction - performed by Mick Jagger and Keith Richards
Sitting on a Fence - performed by Mick Jagger and Keith Richards
Tell Me - performed by Mick Jagger and Keith Richards
Heart of Stone - performed by the Rolling Stones
The Last Time - performed by the Rolling Stones
(I Can't Get No) Satisfaction - performed by the Rolling Stones
Going Home - performed by the Rolling Stones
"Charlie Is My Darling - Ireland 1965" DVD and Blu-ray track listing

The track listing for the DVD and Blu-ray is the same.

1. I Just Like Him [Ireland 1965] -- 3:35
2. Airport [Ireland 1965] -- 2:55
3. The Creatures [Ireland 1965] -- 0:58
4. Backstage [Ireland 1965] -- 1:49
5. The Last Time [Ireland 1965] -- 3:44
6. Time Is On My Side [Ireland 1965] -- 2:52
7. I'm Alright [Ireland 1965] -- 4:18
8. Premature Evacuation [Ireland 1965] -- 1:31
9. Sitting On A Fence [Ireland 1965] -- 7:00
10. Sea Is On The Right [Ireland 1965] -- 3:46
11. The Pied Piper [Ireland 1965] -- 5:34
12. All Of It's Acting, Really [Ireland 1965] -- 2:08
13. Salty Dog [Ireland 1965] -- 2:44
14. Everybody Needs Somebody/Pain In My Heart [Ireland 1965] -- 4:00
15. Around & Around [Ireland 1965] -- 2:22
16. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction [Ireland 1965] -- 3:39
17. We'll Turn The Screaming Down [Ireland 1965] -- 1:50
18. Elvis Is In The Room [Ireland 1965] -- 4:35
19. Going Home [Ireland 1965] -- 2:52
20. I'd Much Rather Be With The Boys/Final Credits [Ireland 1965] -- 1:43
21. Opening Credits and Meeting the Band [Producer's Cut] -- 2:24
22. Airport [Producer's Cut] -- 2:01
23. Ireland And The Fans [Producer's Cut] -- 2:25
24. Backstage [Producer's Cut] -- 5:42
25. The Last Time [Producer's Cut] -- 3:06
26. I'm Alright & Riot [Producer's Cut] -- 3:38
27. The Train [Producer's Cut] -- 5:25
28. Family Portrait [Producer's Cut] -- 2:09
29. Always The Stones [Producer's Cut] -- 2:37
30. Priest And The Poor Boy [Producer's Cut] -- 0:47
31. The Band Interview [Producer's Cut] -- 9:49
32. Elvis Room [Producer's Cut] -- 4:21
33. Going Home [Producer's Cut] -- 3:36
34. Credits [Producer's Cut] -- 0:31
35. Opening Credits & Meeting The Band [Director's Cut] -- 1:36
36. Airport & Ireland [Director's Cut] -- 2:27
37. Backstage [Director's Cut] -- 1:49
38. Fans [Director's Cut] -- 1:04
39. Salty Dog [Director's Cut] -- 2:10
40. The Last Time [Director's Cut] -- 3:05
41. I'm Alright & Riot [Director's Cut] -- 2:54
42. The Train [Director's Cut] -- 5:06
43. The Band Interviews [Director's Cut] -- 7:13
44. The Elvis Room [Director's Cut] -- 2:05
45. The Mick Jagger Interview [Director's Cut] -- 2:15
46. Going Home [Director's Cut] -- 3:03
47. End Credits [Director's Cut] -- 0:36
48. Charlie Is My Darling Restoration Piece -- 4:18

"Charlie Is My Darling - Ireland 1965" Super-deluxe box set track listing

DVD, Blu-ray, 2 CDs and a vinyl LP

The track listing for the DVD and Blu-ray is identical and listed above.

CD 1

1. Play With Fire -- 2:22
2. Heart Of Stone [Stereo Version] -- 2:46
3. Who Do You Like in the Group? -- 0:38
4. The Last Time (Live) --3:20
5. Time Is On My Side (Live) -- 2:55
6. I'm Alright (Live) -- 2:37
7. The Next House We'll Turn The Screaming Down -- 0:30
8. Theme For A Rolling Stone -- 3:11
9. Nice Tea --0:56
10. Maybe It's Because I'm A Londoner -- 2:11
11. Play With Fire [Mono Version] -- 2:17
12. Tell Me -- 2:18
13. Heart Of Stone -- 3:04
14. Are You Going To The Show? -- 0:22
15. Everybody Needs Somebody To Love (Live) -- 0:40
16. Pain In My Heart (Live) -- 2:04
17. Blue Turns To Grey -- 2:56
18. Subconsciously Supernatural -- 0:09
19. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction -- 2:26
20. The Moon In June -- 0:35
21. (I Can't Get No) Satisfaction (Live) -- 3:37
22. Goin' Home -- 11:16

CD 2

1. Show Intro -- 0:20
2. Everybody Needs Somebody To Love -- 0:36
3. Pain In My Heart -- 2:04
4. Down The Road Apiece --1:43
5. Time Is On My Side -- 2:51
6. I'm Alright -- 2:15
7. Off The Hook -- 2:27
8. Charlie's Intro To Little Red Rooster -- 0:33
9. Little Red Rooster -- 2:36 5
10. Route 66 -- 2:44
11. I'm Moving On -- 2:29
12. The Last Time [Bonus CD and vinyl] -- 3:10
13. Everybody Needs Somebody To Love (Finale) -- 4:04

Vinyl LP

1. Show Intro -- 0:20
2. Everybody Needs Somebody To Love -- 0:36
3. Pain In My Heart -- 2:04
4. Down The Road Apiece --1:43
5. Time Is On My Side -- 2:51
6. I'm Alright -- 2:15
7. Off The Hook -- 2:27
8. Charlie's Intro To Little Red Rooster -- 0:33
9. Little Red Rooster -- 2:36
10. Route 66 -- 2:44
11. I'm Moving On -- 2:29
12. The Last Time [Bonus CD and vinyl] -- 3:10
13. Everybody Needs Somebody To Love (Finale) -- 4:04

[www.examiner.com]

thanks

Posted by: Kevinrm15 ()
Date: September 18, 2012 14:59

Wtf... The DVD version doesn't include the CDs?! I'm angry. [www.amazon.com]

Date: September 18, 2012 15:05

Kevinrm15
Wtf... The DVD version doesn't include the CDs?! I'm angry. [www.amazon.com]

No, that's the special edition. I'm gonna get me that one no matter what smiling smiley

Posted by: JumpingKentFlash ()
Date: September 18, 2012 15:25

Can't wait to hear them do those Beatles tunes.

JumpingKentFlash

Date: September 18, 2012 16:42

JumpingKentFlash

Didn't they do that round the piano in the movie, or is memory failing me here?

Date: September 18, 2012 16:47

DandelionPowderman
JumpingKentFlash

Didn't they do that round the piano in the movie, or is memory failing me here?

I thought that was the Elvis tunes, "Are You Lonesome Tonight"...hysterical!

Date: September 18, 2012 16:50

Yep, you're right thumbs up

Posted by: vudicus ()
Date: September 18, 2012 17:10

so disc 2 of the audio (and the vinyl) appears to be an extended version of the "Got Live If You Want It!" EP then.

Posted by: soulsurvivor1 ()
Date: September 18, 2012 19:20

Cant Wait To See This!

SOUL

Posted by: runrudolph ()
Date: September 18, 2012 20:17

Deluxe edition E 108 at www.play.com
alot of money for 1 dvd and 2 cds
I guess Crossfire will be the same price
jeroen

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-18 20:18 by corriecas.

Posted by: aprilfool ()
Date: September 18, 2012 20:45

On amazon, they said 5 discs but doesn't talk about lp!!!
Product Details

Format: Dolby, NTSC, Surround Sound
Number of discs: 5
Studio: ABKCO Films
DVD Release Date: November 6, 2012
Run Time: 65 minutes

Posted by: phd ()
Date: September 18, 2012 21:02

Thanks for the info provided. Nostalgia is rushing back. If all this is does not lead to a band tour....Don't understand anything anymore." Save money and Pack your Bag". Still on.

Date: September 18, 2012 21:09

the 5 discs is the blue ray i think
jeroen

Date: September 18, 2012 21:14

corriecas
Deluxe edition E 108 at www.play.com
alot of money for 1 dvd and 2 cds
I guess Crossfire will be the same price
jeroen

Bought it on Amazon.com for $66

Date: September 18, 2012 21:19

ok, but thats the blue ray version.
i mean the dvd and 2 cd version. amazon dont have that one , or i dont know
jeroen

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 18, 2012 22:29

I've got the usual tatty-quality DVD of this, and even that is wonderful, so this sounds great! And a decent deluxe version without any collectors' trivia - this one I'll buy.

As for the price - I suppose "three pound ten please" would be too much to hope for...

Date: September 18, 2012 23:06

corriecas
jeroen

It's the SuperDeluxe version, with Blu Ray, DVD, 2 Cds and VINYL!

This is actually nicely priced...

[www.amazon.com]

now quit yer complainin'! >grinning smiley<

Posted by: Green Lady ()
Date: September 18, 2012 23:09

treaclefingers
corriecas
jeroen

[www.amazon.com]

I'm not going to quit my complainin' until Amazon UK lists more than just the basic DVD.

Posted by: stones1962 ()
Date: September 18, 2012 23:27

Green Lady
treaclefingers
corriecas
jeroen

[www.amazon.com]

I'm not going to quit my complainin' until Amazon UK lists more than just the basic DVD.

I'm sure they will. Amazon.com in the U.S. hasn't listed all the details yet either, but they will.

Goto Page: Previous123Next
Current Page: 2 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1896
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home