Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

The Rolling Stones Collection (Italy)
Posted by: UrbanSteel ()
Date: November 15, 2022 21:28

Anyone encountered this?
An empty collector's box and the very first CD belonging to this box.
This was released in Italy at the end of June 2022.
I believe there was/is a release every week.
Includes El Mocambo 1977
[edicola.shop]

Re: The Rolling Stones Collection (Italy)
Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: November 15, 2022 21:39

This same box came out a few years ago, when they proposed it again this year but with a slightly different box. Every week a cd came out at a cost of € 10, if I remember correctly.
It was first released in 2015 and there was no double cd El Mocambo
I still have all the CDs sealed

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-15 21:54 by Stone601.

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 15, 2022 21:45

Looks similar to the 2020 RS-collection by Spanish newspaper El País - [iorr.org] . Probably not worth it if it's the brickwalled 2009-Remasters.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-15 22:00 by Irix.

Date: November 16, 2022 10:45

Irix
Looks similar to the 2020 RS-collection by Spanish newspaper El País - [iorr.org] . Probably not worth it if it's the brickwalled 2009-Remasters.

The first release was a Greece 2015 with Real News paper , without a box and only the cds of Rolling Stones Records "Sticky Fingers / A Bigger Bang" Poor quality covers.
The second release was from Italy 2015 with Box, good quality covers CDs and DVDs from ABKCO, CDs from Rolling Stones Records "England's Newest Hit Makers / A Bigger Bang.

I bought the complete Italy Boxset for 90 euro on eBay.

Greece 2015:

Italy 2015:

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-16 10:47 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: GivenToFly15 ()
Date: November 16, 2022 11:06

A French edition was made, too, a few years ago. Cardboard covers.

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: November 16, 2022 11:23

Portugal is here too (2020)
[campanha.cmjornal.pt]
You can also get an exclusive box of ABBA winking smiley
[campanha.cmjornal.pt]

Posted by: Irix ()
Date: November 16, 2022 11:30

ironbelly

You can also get an exclusive box of ABBA

El País has it as well - [Colecciones.ElPais.com] .

Date: November 16, 2022 11:43

There was also a vinyl box in Italy.

THE ROLLING STONES VINYL COLLECTION
La Gazzetta dello Sport and Corriere della Sera present the Rolling Stones vinyl discography for the first time. From Aftermath to Blue & Lonesome, the band's first album composed entirely of blues songs, passing through masterpieces such as Let it Bleed, Exile on Main St., Beggars Banquet and Sticky Fingers, an unmissable collection of 33 laps in the original version. The successes of the early years, the musical experiments and the great hits of the Rolling Stones in a collector's series to retrace the history of rock.

[www.discogs.com]
[store.gazzetta.it]

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-16 12:08 by UrbanSteel.

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: November 16, 2022 17:02

UrbanSteel

La Gazzetta dello Sport and Corriere della Sera present the Rolling Stones vinyl discography for the first time. From Aftermath to Blue & Lonesome, the band's first album composed entirely of blues songs, passing through masterpieces such as Let it Bleed, Exile on Main St., Beggars Banquet and Sticky Fingers, an unmissable collection of 33 laps in the original version. The successes of the early years, the musical experiments and the great hits of the Rolling Stones in a collector's series to retrace the history of rock.

[www.discogs.com]
[store.gazzetta.it]

Given the number of albums included, this is actually not a bad deal at all. It's much cheaper than the Stones vinyl collection from a few years back that only ran 1971-B&L. That one seems to be about $675, if one can still find it. Are these the 2009 remasters do we know? I'm sure they're not in mono. Gatefold editions for the double LP's? Does Voodoo have Mean Disposition on it? I tried going to that website, but couldn't find track lists.

Also, for either the vinyl or the CD versions, if one were to order them on this website, does the box come automatically? For the vinyl I think so, since there is a price for the whole collection, but the CD is a little harder to ascertain. Thanks all!

Date: November 16, 2022 17:04

I should clarify - I was referencing the Portugal site, as the El Pais one seems to allow one to buy the whole collection.

Portugal

Posted by: liddas ()
Date: November 16, 2022 17:21

VoodooLounge13
UrbanSteel

[www.discogs.com]
[store.gazzetta.it]

Given the number of albums included, this is actually not a bad deal at all. It's much cheaper than the Stones vinyl collection from a few years back that only ran 1971-B&L. That one seems to be about $675, if one can still find it. Are these the 2009 remasters do we know? I'm sure they're not in mono. Gatefold editions for the double LP's? Does Voodoo have Mean Disposition on it? I tried going to that website, but couldn't find track lists.

Also, for either the vinyl or the CD versions, if one were to order them on this website, does the box come automatically? For the vinyl I think so, since there is a price for the whole collection, but the CD is a little harder to ascertain. Thanks all!

I got quite a few of these, mainly to fill up the gaps of my vinyl collection, ie all the LPs released in the CD era. Voodoo is one that I missed!

I don't have a clue of what versions they are, if the 2009 remasters or other.

Overall the quality is good, only Majesties was slightly warped.

C

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-11-16 17:22 by liddas.

Date: November 16, 2022 18:06

liddas
VoodooLounge13
UrbanSteel

[www.discogs.com]
[store.gazzetta.it]

I got quite a few of these, mainly to fill up the gaps of my vinyl collection, ie all the LPs released in the CD era. Voodoo is one that I missed!

C

Liddas, did you happen to get B2B or B&L? If so, are they gatefold?

Date: November 16, 2022 18:10

VoodooLounge13
liddas
VoodooLounge13
UrbanSteel

[www.discogs.com]
[store.gazzetta.it]

C

Yes, I have them both. Quite sure they are gatefold, but shall confirm tonight when I am back home!

C

Date: November 16, 2022 18:31

liddas
VoodooLounge13
liddas
VoodooLounge13
UrbanSteel

[www.discogs.com]
[store.gazzetta.it]

C

Yes, I have them both. Quite sure they are gatefold, but shall confirm tonight when I am back home!

C

Thank you - much appreciated!!

Posted by: ironbelly ()
Date: November 16, 2022 18:38

VoodooLounge13
I should clarify - I was referencing the Portugal site, as the El Pais one seems to allow one to buy the whole collection.

Portugal
The box was included with issue #1 - Sticky Fingers.
If you'll order the whole set, you'll get box with Sticky Fingers.

Date: November 16, 2022 19:28

Thanks Ironbelly. In reviewing the vinyl set, I see that it's sold-out. Makes sense. Can't buy a complete set individually either, as Stripped is also sold out. Noticed that No Security is conspicuously missing.

Date: November 17, 2022 00:37

Ok Voodoo, checked

Bridges is not gatefold, while Blue and Lonesome is.

C

Date: November 17, 2022 02:05

Got it. Thanks Liddas!

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1942
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home