Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

OT: Anyone here attended Queen at Wembley Stadium 1986
Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: September 8, 2012 00:11

What a show, must be one of the best concerts ever!

Anyone here that was there back in 86?

Please share your memories!

Re: OT: Anyone here attended Queen at Wembley Stadium 1986
Posted by: lettingitbleed ()
Date: September 8, 2012 00:12

Yeah! Front row! I could almost grab Freddie's stray mustache hairs!

sorry...joking! That would be awesome but alas..I was 5 years old at the time. (and nowhere near England)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-08 00:22 by lettingitbleed.

Posted by: NICOS ()
Date: September 8, 2012 00:15

5 years old....and attend a Queen concert..........!!!!!!

Posted by: straycatuk ()
Date: September 8, 2012 01:02

Yes I was there. Great show .Saw them in 82 also ,a month before my 1st Stones show. Glad I went to Wembley instead of Knebworth which was like an endurance test by all accounts.

sc uk

Posted by: JumpinJeppeFlash ()
Date: September 8, 2012 01:14

straycatuk
Yes I was there. Great show .Saw them in 82 also ,a month before my 1st Stones show. Glad I went to Wembley instead of Knebworth which was like an endurance test by all accounts.

sc uk

Fantastic! Something to be really proud of!

Posted by: letitloose ()
Date: September 8, 2012 07:10

I saw them in Marbella, Spain in 86.It was a phenomenal show. When I see the Knebworth footage I Shiver. Same show, same outfits etc. it's special for me because I was 15 and on holiday in Spain with my family and my best mate. my young brother was like a pesky kid following us around, but we took him to the show. he loved it. 6 months later he was dead from a brain tumour at age 13. you never know what's round the corner. He loved that show. I can still remember Freddie singing In the lap of the Gods..."it's so easy, but I can't do it..". Fond memories.

friends will be friends always chokes me up. I know it's a cheesy song, but good music can transport you places in an instant and that one reminds me of the summer I took my kid brother to a Queen gig.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-08 07:14 by letitloose.

Posted by: stonesrule ()
Date: September 8, 2012 07:39

Yes, "good music can transport you places in an instant." And bring back lovely memories. This is one of the greatest truths I know.

So very sad about your brother...To have that memory to hold on to of him at his happiest is really special.

Date: September 8, 2012 08:37

Thanks Stonesrule.

And Queen were a truly great band. people forget that

Posted by: dcba ()
Date: September 8, 2012 09:28

"my young brother was like a pesky kid following us around, but we took him to the show. he loved it. 6 months later he was dead from a brain tumour at age 13. you never know what's round the corner. He loved that show."

Urgh crushing... confused smiley

Posted by: Roll73 ()
Date: September 8, 2012 11:29

I saw Queen in Hyde Park in 1976 (although I can't remember anything about it - not becase I was wasted. I was three. But I was there goddammit!)

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 8, 2012 12:54

Actually I happened to be there. I wasn't Queen fan at all, but spending the summer in London, I wanted to experience "stadium concert", and Wembley was a concept of its own. The most famous stadium in the world I guess.

Yeah, it was an interesting experience. One could go anywhere in the stadium, took any seat, or the stand on the field. Or walk around (as I did mostly). I was thrilled of the atmosphere there. Never seen so many 'old' - middle age that is - people in a rock show, and rocking so hard. Something I never had experienced in Finland. The Alarm started the evening, followed by Status Quo. Funnily, I couldn't actually cast Queen any higher than Status Quo (Queen never was anything big in Finland, and I had some bad feeling about them for playing in Sun City, in South Africa) but I really didn't know how HUGE Queen was at the time in Britain. The whole London felt like breathing those concert(s).

Okay, I don't have any detailed memory images of Queen's show, and I have never seen the document of it. Mostly it is the screen and Mercury's image there I recall. The music didn't impress me at all. But feeling in stadium was spectacular.

- Doxa

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-08 12:57 by Doxa.

Date: September 8, 2012 14:07

I know someone who went just to see the support band,and on leaving the Stadium early (?) before Queen came on, the touts were stuck with handfuls of tickets, offering 4 for £10.

Posted by: buffalo7478 ()
Date: September 8, 2012 15:02

I would have gone for The Alarm, then left. I was never a Queen fan.

Posted by: still ill ()
Date: September 8, 2012 20:09

Yep, i was there, about half way back on the pitch. I was 15 and it was my first gig.

Seem to remember INXS, who were pretty much unknown at the time being bottled off stage and Status Quo rocking the place and getting the whole crowd dancing.

Queens setlist was quite heavily 80's based, which was a bit disappointing as i was, and still am a huge fan of the very early stuff. They were still excellent though.

Date: September 9, 2012 00:18

dcba
"my young brother was like a pesky kid following us around, but we took him to the show. he loved it. 6 months later he was dead from a brain tumour at age 13. you never know what's round the corner. He loved that show."

Urgh crushing... confused smiley

Thanks. This place is still nice to hang out in. we should all look out for each other more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-09 00:20 by letitloose.

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1341
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home