Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4
Ronnie Wood solo catalog
Posted by: DirtyT ()
Date: August 24, 2022 06:25

you think mick and keith know his solo work is better than thiers on a whole.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-10-02 14:20 by bv.

Re: Ronnie solo catalog ...
Posted by: bobo ()
Date: August 24, 2022 08:56

Better? That depends on what you like, doesn’t it?

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: August 24, 2022 09:24

ROCKMAN

Date: August 24, 2022 10:15

Being prolific doesn't mean... Well, of course they know! smiling smiley

Posted by: ribbelchips ()
Date: August 24, 2022 10:51

Nominated for worst OP in years smiling smiley

My 2 cents.

Gimme Some Neck and IGMOATD are pretty good albums. Slide on This has some good tunes on it. But they're nowhere near Wandering Spirit or Main Offender.

Date: August 24, 2022 11:26

When Slide On This and Main Offender came out (the same week, if memory serves), the former got the better reviews.

Slide On This is a candy bag full of great tunes. Main Offender has 5 really great tunes and a lot of filler, imo.

Now Look is not mentioned often. IMO, it's better than most of Mick and Keith's albums. I Feel Like Playing is great as well.

Posted by: Father Ted ()
Date: August 24, 2022 11:37

They should play a few of their solo tunes live. Or is that a taboo subject for the principals?!

Posted by: hockenheim95 ()
Date: August 24, 2022 11:41

Father Ted
They should play a few of their solo tunes live. Or is that a taboo subject for the principals?!

In fact Ronnie is the only Rolling Stone (beside side musicians and guests like Billy Preston, Bob Dylan etc.) who was allowed to perform a solo tune on stage at a Rolling Stones concert. Sure the one you need was performed two times in 1975. Besides that Walk and don't look back was performed once in 2002 but that's a cover song.

Date: August 24, 2022 11:49

Father Ted

[www.youtube.com]

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: August 24, 2022 12:07

hockenheim95
Father Ted

In fact Ronnie is the only Rolling Stone (beside side musicians and guests like Billy Preston, Bob Dylan etc.) who was allowed to perform a solo tune on stage at a Rolling Stones concert.

They considered it Keith's song though, and used as a replacement for or alternating with Happy.

Mathijs

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: August 24, 2022 12:26

Mathijs
hockenheim95
Father Ted

In fact Ronnie is the only Rolling Stone (beside side musicians and guests like Billy Preston, Bob Dylan etc.) who was allowed to perform a solo tune on stage at a Rolling Stones concert.

They considered it Keith's song though, and used as a replacement for or alternating with Happy.

Mathijs

I hope they had considered "I Can Feel The Fire" as a Mick song as well. I could easily imagine it having worked pretty fine with their sleazy, funky 1975 sound.

- Doxa

Posted by: Stone601 ()
Date: August 24, 2022 12:30

I'd like Ronnie to throw out a box set with all of his remastered records

Posted by: slewan ()
Date: August 24, 2022 13:24

DirtyT

well, it's disputable if his solo work is better than those of the others. But Ronnie has had at least the advantage that his songs weren't absorbed by the Stones

Posted by: Elmo Lewis ()
Date: August 24, 2022 15:09

One could make an excellent 80 minute CD of Woody songs. Maybe 2. Same for Jagger and Richards solo.

Damn shame some of these weren't on Stones albums.

Posted by: TrulyMicks1 ()
Date: August 24, 2022 15:36

DirtyT

That would be your opinion, not mine. smiling smiley

Posted by: treaclefingers ()
Date: August 24, 2022 16:29

Why'd you have to go and do a thing like that for?

Date: August 24, 2022 16:37

Maybe he felt like playing, painting, or something...

Posted by: rogerriffin ()
Date: August 24, 2022 17:25

and don´t forget New Barbarians discography!

Posted by: ProfessorWolf ()
Date: August 24, 2022 18:19

do mick and keith even listen to ronnie's solo albums?

that being said they all made good solo album's

i'd be hard pressed to pick who made better ones over all

Posted by: Mathijs ()
Date: August 24, 2022 19:59

All I can say is that I listened an awful lot to Talk is Cheap, Slide on This and Wandering Spirit, and that the latter two have stood the test of time a little better in my opinion.

Mathijs

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 24, 2022 20:19

My favorite has always been 1234, a very highly underrated album IMHO. I do also really enjoy Slide On This - studio and live versions. Those are probably my 3 favorite Ronnie albums, but I think 1234 is head and shoulders above the rest.

Posted by: Hairball ()
Date: August 24, 2022 21:55

I prefer Ronnie's solo albums to Mick's, but I think Keith's are the best of them all.
In fact I'd take Talk is Cheap by itself vs. an entire bundle consisting of all of Ronnie and Mick's solo material.

Posted by: Rocky Dijon ()
Date: August 24, 2022 21:56

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2022-08-24 21:57 by Rocky Dijon.

Posted by: KeithNacho ()
Date: August 25, 2022 00:26

My favourite solo albums are Ronnie's by a mile
I like them so much. Above Mick and Keith ones

Posted by: Whale ()
Date: August 25, 2022 00:35

Stone601
I'd like Ronnie to throw out a box set with all of his remastered records
Fully agree
I have a few of his albums and would love to have the complete set.

Posted by: WorriedAboutYou ()
Date: August 25, 2022 14:49

VoodooLounge13
My favorite has always been 1234, a very highly underrated album IMHO. I do also really enjoy Slide On This - studio and live versions. Those are probably my 3 favorite Ronnie albums, but I think 1234 is head and shoulders above the rest.

It's a very good album but the production makes it a hard listen.

Agree that a remastered box set of Ronnie's work would be amazing. He could go crazy with the packaging, illustrated book/liner notes, maybe even a couple of shows.

Always loved this album cover.

Posted by: IrelandCalling4 ()
Date: August 25, 2022 16:48

VoodooLounge13

Been listening a lot last few weeks to Ronnie's solo catalogue, particularly his first two and 1234. Mick, Keith and Ronnie all have good solo catalogues, if I had to choose a Top 3 it would be Wandering Spirit, Crosseyed Heart & I've got my own album to do.

Recently bought the 2019 Japanese edition of 1234 and it sounds damn fine. A wonderful album. Almost up there with the first two gems (Got My Own Album & Now Look).

Posted by: VoodooLounge13 ()
Date: August 25, 2022 19:22

IrelandCalling4
VoodooLounge13

Been listening a lot last few weeks to Ronnie's solo catalogue, particularly his first two and 1234. Mick, Keith and Ronnie all have good solo catalogues, if I had to choose a Top 3 it would be Wandering Spirit, Crosseyed Heart & I've got my own album to do.

Recently bought the 2019 Japanese edition of 1234 and it sounds damn fine. A wonderful album. Almost up there with the first two gems (Got My Own Album & Now Look).

I, too, have a Japanese pressing of it, though I believe it's a few years older than '19. However, to me the sound is also phenomenal on it, and I have no problem with the sound as others have mentioned.

Posted by: spiderman ()
Date: August 25, 2022 22:02

First time listen to Slide on Me, I really like it.

Date: August 25, 2022 22:06

I love Ronnie's solo albums. Bobby Womack was a great partner for Ron on 'Now Look', maybe a bit underrated. But IMO his most soulful album, and really well played tracks.
I love doing detailed reviews of his albums.

Anyone remember the release of 'I Feel Like Playing"? It came out of nowhere. No one had any idea.

Goto Page: 1234Next
Current Page: 1 of 4

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1780
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home