Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3
Re: Whats the best song between 1990 and now ??
Date: September 10, 2012 04:51

gordianus57
"One Hit to the Body"

DISQUALIFIED! Hell, didn't even make Jump Back or Forty Licks or, certainly, the new one.

Posted by: Come On ()
Date: September 10, 2012 08:45

Blinded by Rainbows

2 1 2 0

Posted by: Doxa ()
Date: September 10, 2012 09:54

Since I quess EXILE and SOME GIRLS bonus stuff is not qualfied, it needs to be "How Can I Stop". I think it is one of the very rare tracks - probably the only one - that has originality and I think without hesitation can be compared to their former excellence. It riches their musical vocabulary. The other BRIDGES TO BABYLON highlights - "Saint of Me" and "Out of Control" - do not quite hit the mark. Then there is a huge gap, "Highwire" (which is nothing extraordinary) and then even bigger one... there aren't much highlights in their post-90 work, unfortunately.

I enjoy listenng "The Storm" and "Back of My Hand", since it is nice to hear them doing trad. blues, and they sound relaxed, without trying too much or little, but c'mon, if that is best they can do, things are little worrying... But those songs work very well. The same goes for some rockers - "Too Tight comes to mind - but they can do that stuff half-sleep.

- Doxa

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 2012-09-10 10:10 by Doxa.

Posted by: Blueranger ()
Date: September 10, 2012 10:20

Love is strong. They sound inspired and dangerous without pretending. The best exemple of how they can still write Classic material without sounding like a parody of their style.

Date: September 10, 2012 12:06

Sex Drive needs a mention, not because it's a fantastic song - but rather because the recording and the performance is excellent!

Goto Page: Previous123
Current Page: 3 of 3

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1492
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home