Tell Me :  Talk
Talk about your favorite band. 

Previous page Next page First page IORR home

For information about how to use this forum please check out forum help and policies.

Video: Why the Rolling Stones are the greatest rock band ever
Posted by: gagiwh ()
Date: October 8, 2022 18:06

Founded in 1962 the Rolling Stones are one of the most famous rock groups in the world.
Leading the British Invasion of bands that became popular in the US in the 60s, The Rolling Stones are stage legends embodying the "sex, drugs and rock 'n' roll" lifestyle.

Especially during the late 1960s, no other band came to embody the image of the hedonistic rock band more than the Stones. Groupies and heavy drug use were par for the course.

Even today, they keep on rolling: The Stones are still touring, 60 years after the band played their first-ever gig, at London's Marquee Club on July 12, 1962. The idea of a farewell tour popped up a few times, but they kept on rocking. Despite their age, they never failed to put on spectacular shows.

This Arts Unveiled episode dives into the Stones' Cosmos and digs deeper into how the Rolling Stones became so legendary. We have spoken to fans, music journalist Ernst Hofacker and documentary filmmaker Clare Tavernor and dug up some interviews from our archive to understand what makes the Stones timeless legends.

[www.youtube.com]

Re: Video: Why the Rolling Stones are the greatest rock band ever
Posted by: tomcat2006 ()
Date: October 8, 2022 23:43

I was always find docs that play fake Stones music a bit irritating TBH, which is not to say that this might be a good doc but I for one can't watch it.

Posted by: wiredallnight ()
Date: October 9, 2022 10:26

I agree, if they cannot or do not want to pay the royalities for the original music they should simply not make these documentations.

Posted by: Rockman ()
Date: October 9, 2022 11:23

Click the audio ta OFF
Hit the sub-titles ta ON ......

ROCKMAN

Posted by: poti ()
Date: October 10, 2022 12:57

I must say, I'm shocked to see that the Deutsche Welle made such a mistake. The name of the former stonesmanager is Andrew Loog Golden.Did I get something completely wrong And who is the guy in the related picture?

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Online Users

Guests: 1781
Record Number of Users: 206 on June 1, 2022 23:50
Record Number of Guests: 9627 on January 2, 2024 23:10

Previous page Next page First page IORR home